Post Office TD Account Interest Rate / Calculator / Form – National Saving Time Deposit Scheme (New)
Time Deposit (TD) Account is a Post Office Savings Scheme which provides capital protection for definite time period, post office td interest rate 2019 is 6.9% to 7.7% p.a. which can be calculated using post office td calculator and post office td calculator 2019 is available online, fill post office td form, check new National Saving Time Deposit Scheme Notification
Post Office Time Deposit Account is similar to the Fixed Deposit Account in banks where any person can save their money for a definite time period. In PO TD Account, Indian Post Offices provides guaranteed returns. Post Office TD Interest Rate 2019 lies between 6.9% to 7.7% based on the number of years (1, 2, 3, 5) of term deposit. People can easily calculate their post office td interest earned through td calculator. People can fill post office td form through indiapost.gov.in. The Finance Ministry has notified new National Savings Time Deposit Scheme, 2019 vide GSR 922 9E dated December 12, 2019.
People can open their td account through filling the application form and make fixed deposit for a definite time in PO. Before opening the account, people must check the post office td interest as it is different for different time period. Moreover, people can calculate td interest as per the current rates through Post Office TD Calculator 2019.
People can also compare other Post Office Schemes like National Saving Certificate (NSC), Public Provident Fund (PPF), Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP), Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY), Post Office Savings Account, Senior Citizen Saving Scheme (SCSS), Recurring Deposit, Monthly Income Scheme (MIS) – check nsc vs ppf vs kvp vs ssy vs td vs scss vs rd vs mis vs post office savings scheme. People can Compare All Post Office Schemes 2019 before making investment.
Time Deposit Account Interest – Post Office TD Interest Rate 2019
TD Account can be opened in any Post Office across India. Any individual can open this account in the name of a minor or for himself or also can open joint account to earn guaranteed interest. Post Office TD Interest Rate 2019 (effective from 1 October 2019) is 6.9% for 1 year term deposit, 6.9% for 2 year term deposit, 6.9% for 3 years term deposit account and 7.7% for 5 year term deposit account. Time Deposit Interest Rate (%) over the Years
1 Year Time Deposit
2 Year Time Deposit
3 Year Time Deposit
5 Year Time Deposit
Post Office TD Interest is calculated quarterly but is payable annually. Any person can open any number of td accounts in post office. Even Post Office td account can be transferred from one post office to another. Any individual can open td account in cash or through cheque. People can also open TD account (FD) in various nationalized and private banks like SBI, Canara Bank, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank.
To open an account, people can download the application form in PDF Format through the link – Post Office TD Form PDF. The TD account can be opened by a single adult, three adults in joint names, a minor below 10 years of age or a guardian on behalf of a minor or a person on unsound mind. An individual can have more than one TD account in his name or jointly with another.
Post Office TD Premature Closure & Tax Benefits
All the deposits made in the term deposit account are allowed for withdrawal through td premature closure. TD Account is liquid despite the lock-in period. All the td accounts with lock-in (maturity) period of 5 years are eligible for tax benefits under s/c 80C of IT Act, 1961 from 1 April 2007.
However TD Accounts of 1, 2 and 3 years does not gets tax exemption under 80C. The following points are applicable in case of post office td premature closure which are as follows:-
TD Account is risk free and candidates can make premature closure of their td accounts after 6 months of initial deposits.
In case the td premature closure period is between 6 months to 1 year than the subscribers will get an interest rate of 4%.
After 1 year, post office td interest is 1% less than the interest earned on the deposit for specific tenure earns.
If a 5-year Time Deposit account is closed after four years from the date of deposit, the rate admissible for three-year Time Deposit account will be applicable for calculation of interest. Also, any interest already paid on the deposit will be recovered from the amount of repayment of deposit and the interest payable. The TD account can be pledged or transferred as security, on an application made by the depositor in Form-5 supported with acceptance letter from the pledgee.
Post Office TD Calculator 2019 – Maximum / Minimum Amount
Candidates can open his account with minimum Rs. 1000 and can make subsequent deposits in multiples of Rs. 100. There is no limit on the maximum amount of deposits in TD Account. People can keep a track of their records and calculate their interest using POTD Passbook with rules applicable to the account.
In case the TD deposits get matured in any CBS Post office then the same TD account will automatically gets renewed for the same period for which the initial account was opened. For eg – Any 2 years TD Account can automatically gets renewed for 2 years after maturity. An account holder can get the interest income credited to his/her savings bank account. In case the depositor doesn’t withdraw the annual interest earned on his deposited amount, it won’t earn any additional interest, according to the scheme.
Compare All Post Office National Savings Schemes
People can compare various post office saving schemes on the basis of Post Office Interest Rates Table 2019, Lock In Period (Maturity), Minimum / maximum account balance and risk factor involved through the table below:- NSC vs PPF vs KVP vs SCSS vs RD vs TD vs SSY vs MIS vs PO Savings Account
Minimum Balance Rs. 50 (non-cheque) and Rs. 500 (cheque) and Maximum Rs. 1 lakh
Time Deposit Account Interest Rate 2019 is similar to the Interest of RD. Moreover, RD Interest is paid quarterly while TD Interest is paid yearly but calculated quarterly. People can also make td login at website of Post Office TD Account Check Online.
New National Saving Time Deposit (TD) Scheme Nomination Facility
Subscribers are allowed to multiple accounts in any post office as well as joint TD accounts. People can open this type of account in the name of a minor below 10 years or for themselves. Nomination Facility is available at the time of account opening and even after opening the td account.
In TD accounts, subscriber can operate more than 1 accounts in individual capacity or jointly. After 10 years, minor must convert TD account in his name. There is no maximum limit on the deposits made by an individual. People can convert their single account to joint account and vice versa.
Post Office Time Deposit – Highlights at a Glance
All the people who want to save their money for a defined time period and assured returns can open a TD Account. The important features and highlights of Post Office TD Account are as follows:- Time Deposit Account – Post Office TD Calculator and Salient Features
TD Interest Rate 2019, Periodicity
Minimum Term Deposit Account Opening Balance and Maximum Balance
TD Interest Rate 2019 currently varies from 6.9% to 7.7% per annum quarterly calculated while payable yearly (effective from 1 October 2019). This post office td interest is 6.9% for 1 year account, 6.9% for 2 year account, 6.9% for 3 year account and 7.7% for 5 year account.
Minimum td account opening balance is Rs. 1000 and candidates can deposit any further amount in multiples of 100. There is no maximum limit.
All the subscribers who wishes to open td account in PO can deposit the initial money through cash / cheque. In case of cheque, the date of realization of cheque in Govt. account shall be date of opening of account.
Any Indian Resident can open this td account. 2 or more adults combined can open Joint Account.
Subscribers can transfer their td account from 1 post office to other.
Any subscriber can open any number of td accounts in a post office.
A individual can also open TD Account in the name of a minor. Minors above 10 years of age can open as well as operate their td accounts in Post Offices. For this, minors have to fill a conversion form to convert account in his name.
Even 2 or more adults can open a joint account which they both can operate. For this, both the joint account holders must furnish their details in the Post Office.
Facility of Nomination is available at the account opening time and even after the account opening.
Post Office offers a facility of conversion of Single TD Account into Joint TD Account and vice versa.
5 years Time Deposits are eligible for tax rebate under s/c 80C of IT Act.
Time Deposit Account automatically gets renewed after specified time duration.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Government relaxes existing timeline for submission of Life Certificate: Dr Jitendra Singh Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh said that in a major relief to elderly persons, Government has relaxed the existing timeline for submission of Life Certificate.
All Central Government pensioners can submit Life Certificate from 1st November, 2020 to 31st December 2020. Earlier this used to be only for the month of November for maintaining continu
2. eOffice : A Digital Workplace Solution The eOffice product aims to support governance by ushering in more effective and transparent inter and intra-government processes. The vision of e-Office is to achieve a simplified, responsive, effective and transparent working of all government offices. The Open Architecture on which eOffice has been built, makes it a reusable framework and a standard reusable product amenable to replication across the governments, at the central, state and district levels. The product brings together the independent fu
3. Voter ID Online Registration Form 2020-2021 Voter ID Online Registration Form 2020-2021
Voter ID Online Registration Form 2020 – 2021 Search, Track Application Status
Description – National Voter Service Portal & Election Commission of India ECI Invites Online Application Form for the New Voter ID Card for Citizen of India age 18 years or above. Those who have been 18 years old or above age can Apply Online for Voter ID Registration. Those Applicants who are fulfilling eligibility norm
4. Clarification on Aadhar linking of ration cards It has been reported in a section of newspapers today that ration cards of those who do not provide Aadhar number will be cancelled.
The timeline given to all States/UTs, under the Aadhaar notification of the Department of Food and Public Distribution dated 07.02.2017 (as amended from time-to-time) to complete the seeding of Aadhaar numbers with all ration cards/beneficiaries, has been extended up to 30/09/2020 by the Department. Until then, De
6. How to download your PF passbook As an employee, it is important to keep track of all contributions made by your employer in your Employees' Provident fund (EPF) account. The EPF statement can be helpful to know how much deduction from the gross total income under section 80C can be claimed by you for the contribution made during the year by you.
The EPF statement also shows the total corpus that has been accumulated through contributions made you and your employer.
The statement can also be helpful to
8. Regulatory Road Signs, Warning Signs & Informatory Signs Regulatory Road Signs, Warning Signs & Informatory Signs
Regulatory Road Signs
A good driver is expected to understand and remember the following road signs. Each sign shown below carries a caption to explain what it means to a
9. Kisan Call Centres (KCCs) In order to harness the potential of ICT in Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture launched the scheme "Kisan Call Centres (KCCs)" on January 21, 2004. Main aim of the project is to answer farmers' queries on a telephone call in their own dialect. These call Centres are working in 14 different locations covering all the States and UTs. A countrywide common eleven digit Toll Free number 1800-180-1551 has been allotted for Kisan Call Centre. This number is accessible through mo
10. INDIAN EMERGENCY NUMBERS INDIAN EMERGENCY NUMBERS
NATIONAL EMERGENCY NUMBER
Disaster Management Services
11. Employees Pension Scheme Employees Pension Scheme is a social security scheme run by the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) for the employees of the organised sector.
Be a member of the Employees' Provident Fund Scheme (EPFS), 1952 - Are a member of the ceased Family Pension Scheme 1971 or employed in Factories engaged in Industries specified in Schedule I of the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act 1952 or
12. Apply online for new PAN card or corrections in PAN card information Apply for new Permanent Account Number (PAN) card, changes or corrections in PAN data through online form by Income Tax Department. Users can apply for new PAN card, changes or corrections in PAN data by selecting appropriate category of applicants such as individual, firm, company, etc. Details about procedure of applying online for new PAN card, changes or corrections in PAN data, processing fee, mode of submission of documents and category of applicant are also available.
13. Jeevan Pramaan service is Digital Life certificate for pensioners Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric enabled digital service for pensioners. Pensioners of Central Government, State Government or any other Government organization can take benefit of this facility.
More than One Crore families in India can be classified as pensioner families, where the pension disbursed by the various government bodies forms the basis for their income and sustainability. There are about Fifty Lakh pensioners of the Central Government and a similar number of the various State and UT
14. Kisan Call Centres (KCCs) In order to harness the potential of ICT in Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture launched the scheme "Kisan Call Centres (KCCs)" on January 21, 2004. Main aim of the project is to answer farmers' queries on a telephone call in their own dialect. These call Centres are working in 14 different locations covering all the States and UTs. A countrywide common eleven digit Toll Free number 1800-180-1551 has been allotted for Kisan Call Centre. This number is accessible through mo
15. Check application status of Ration Card Check the ration card application status for various states. This service is provided by the PDS Portal of India by Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution. Users can select the name of the state and fill up the required information to check the status of their ration card applications.
16. Check Ration Card details of PDS beneficiaries online Check the ration card details of the Public Distribution Scheme (PDS) beneficiaries in various states. Users can find state-wise details of beneficiaries, allocation of commodities to them and other information related to ration card.
17. Know your Employee Provident Fund balance through online What is EPF ?
Employee Provident Fund is social security initiative by Government of India. This fund is being implemented by Employee Provident Fund Organization of India (Statutory body of the Government of India). In this fund both employer (owner of organization) and employee give compulsory contribution from salary. This small contribution will help employee to use this fund at older age or emergency situation.
Now Employee Provident Fund Organization exte
18. Apply For A New Passport Through Your Phone The norms for applying for a passport has been simpklifie4d by the Government of India and now the authority has gone one step further in the simplifying the difficult process of applying for a passport. The Ministry of External Affairs has recently launched a mobile app that helps the Indian citizens to apply for a passport only by using their smartphones. The new mobile application name as the “Passport Seva app” which has been launched by addressing the officials at the Passport Kendras wi
19. Study in India portal Education is emerging to be one of the top focuses of all the developing nations around the world. Study in India, a unique initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India will help facilitate the student fraternity from all across the globe to come and experience the best of academic learning from the top institutions in India which would help accommodate the growing quality educational needs of students across the world.
20. Post Office Savings Account Post Office Savings Account
Interest payable, Rates, Periodicity etc. - 4.0% per annum on individual / joint accounts
Minimum Amount for opening of account and maximum balance that can be retained - Minimum INR 20/- for opening
Salient features including Tax Rebate
Account can be opened by cash only
Minimum balance to be maintained in a non-Cheque facility account is INR 50/-
21. Check your EPF balance online Check your Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) Balance online. The accounts are updated, which also includes the latest approved transactions of settlement/advances/transfer-in/transfer-out. On successful submission of requisite information of an account holder, details will be sent through an SMS to the given mobile number. Establishment information search facility is also provided for the users.
EPFO is one of the World's largest Social Security Organisations in terms of clientele and the
22. Jeevan Praman Jeevan Pramaan is a Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners Jeevan Pramaan
Jeevan Praman Jeevan Pramaan is a Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners
Pension is an essential source of income after retirement for senior citizens. It supports them financially during emergency and helps them look after their needs at this stage of life. One of the main requisites for the pensioners post their retirement, was to provide life certificates to the authorised pension disbursing agencies like the bank, following which their pension got credit
23. Now getting an OPD appointment, lab reports and blood availability in any government hospital has become online & easy Now getting an OPD appointment, lab reports and blood availability in any government hospital has become online & easy
Online Registration System (ORS) is a framework to link various hospitals across the country for Aadhaar based online registration and appointment system, where counter based OPD registration and appointment system through Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) has been digitalized. The application has been hosted on the cloud services of NIC. Portal
24. Download & Check Aadhaar card status online Check the status of your Aadhar card online. This service is provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Users can check status of their Aadhar card by entering enrolment number, date and time given on acknowledgement slip.
Aadhaar number is a 12-digit random number issued by the UIDAI (“Authority”) to the residents of India after satisfying the verification process laid down by the Authority. Any individual, irrespecti
28 SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment Examination 2020#SSC3 Days Remaining for Apply SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment Examination 2020
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold a Computer Based Online Combined All India Open Recruitment Examination from 22/03/2021 to 25/03/2021 (for Computer Based Examination, Paper-I) for recruitment to the Government Job vacancy posts of Junior Engineers Group-B (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying and Contract)
30 Recruitment for Non-Faculty Vacancy in IGIMS Patna#Bihar4 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment for Non-Faculty Vacancy in IGIMS Patna
Applications are invited by the Director, Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (IGIMS), Patna (Bihar) on prescribed recruitment application proforma from Indian citizens for appointment on various Non-Teaching/Non-Faculty Para-Medical Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts at IGIMS, Patna in various departments. (Advertisement No. 08/Non-Faculty Post/Estt./GIMS/2020)
IGIMS Patna Non-Faculty Recruitment 20 ...
31 UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021#UPSC14 Days Remaining for Apply UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Shahjahan Road, Dholpur House, New Delhi – 110069 will hold a Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 (Computer Based Test) on 21/02/2021 for selection to Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination, 2021 for recruitment to following 40 Govt. Job Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Geophysicist, Chemist, and Hydrogeologists (Scientist B) in Geologica ...
38 Stenographer Recruitment Exam 2020 by SSC#SSC8 Days Remaining for Apply Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination 2020 from 29/03/2021 to 31/03/2021 for Recruitment of Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India
39 UPSC Government Jobs Recruitment 12/2020 Vacancies#UPSC2 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 29/10/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty - Assistant Professor), Foreman, Scientific Assistant, Engineer etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 12/2020).
42 Recruitment of Teaching Faculty in Ch. Ranbir Singh University (CRSU) Jind 2020#Haryana5 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Teaching Faculty in CRSU Jind 2020
Online applications are invited for the following Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy positions at the levels of Professor and Associate Professors for Direct Recruitment on Regular Basis in Ch. Ranbir Singh University (CRSU), Jind, Haryana in the various subjects/disciplines (Advertisement No.: 05/2020).
Faculty Vacancy Recruitment CRSU Jind 2020
CRSU Jind Teaching Faculty Recruitment 2020 Vacanc ...
46 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Himachal Pradesh#Himachal Pradesh10 Days Remaining for Apply India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Himachal Pradesh
Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by Odisha and Tamil Nadu Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the state in Himachal Pradesh. (Advertisement Numbers - R&E/77-55/2020)