Urology deals with a part of health care, which includes human urinary tract organs such as kidney, ureter, bladder, prostate, urethra, scrotum, etc. These are the most delicate organ of the human body, and any medical conditions related to these organs are a matter of concern and must be provided with immediate medical care. Hence, it is essential to maintain urological health.
There are times when an individual ignores the urological problem as it is still a taboo to discuss it in the society. This ignorance may result in critical urologic conditions. Therefore, one needs to understand what exactly urology is about and the diseases that can be treated with the help of this discipline.
Following are the sub-disciplines of urology which can help one to have a thorough understanding :
1. Endourology :- The endourology is the sub-discipline that comes under the domain of urology, and it deals with the urinary tract closed manipulation. The surgery is not open, and the urologist uses a specific instrument and an electronic camera. Transurethral surgery for kidney stones, prostate, and urothelium surgery is conducted under endourology.
2. Urologic Oncology :- Under this, a physician having special training diagnoses and treats the cancer of prostate, kidneys, bladder, and testicles. The treatment of these urological conditions is critical, and hence, urologist prefers robotic surgery.
3. Laparoscopy :- This sub-discipline includes robotic surgery. Under this surgical procedure, a tiny fiber-optic instrument called laparoscopy is used. This instrument is inserted through the abdominal wall by making a small incision to view the abdominal organs and to perform the surgery.
4. Neurourology :- Malfunctioning of the lower urinary tract where the bladder is affected by the nervous system is treated under neurourology. The urologist has specialized training under which they treat an individual suffering from the neurogenetic bladder, including medical conditions such as spinal injury, multiple sclerosis, etc.
5. Andrology :- Ejaculation disorder, erectile dysfunction, are a few urological disorders suffered by males as a result of hormonal malfunctioning. This medical condition is treated under the sub-discipline called Andrology. Dr. Niren Rao, the best urologist in Delhi, provides advanced treatments to treat ejaculation disorders, which include the fertilization process, implantation of the prosthesis, and many more.
6. Women Urology :- Women suffer from several urology conditions such as pelvic organ prolapse, urinary incontinence, and overactive bladder. Women urology helps to treat these medical conditions, and it also deals with urogynecology, which is a sub-discipline of gynecology.
7. Pediatric Urology :- As the name indicates, pediatric urology deals with the urology condition of both male and female children. The problems involve urine disorder, underdeveloped genitalia, and undescended testes. A urologist who has expertise in pediatric medicine is fit to deal with such a urology condition.
8. Reconstructive Urology :- Urological problems that occur during childbirth or due to injuries are treated under the sub-discipline known as reconstructive urology. This surgery helps to restore normal functioning by rerouting and repairing. This also deals with all the problems related to the genitourinary tract, such as reproductive organs and the urinary system.
Urological diseases are widespread these days due to an increase in pollution, intake of junk food, lack of physical activities, stress, and unhealthy lifestyle. It is recommended to consult with a skilled and experienced urologist in Delhi at Dr. Niren Rao’s Urology Practice to get the best treatment for various urological problems.
Urological conditions at times can be severe, complicated, and painful. Hence, to get these conditions treated, consult at Dr. Niren Rao’s Urology Practice, the best urologist clinic in Delhi.