Bachat Lamp Yojana CDM Based CFL Scheme
Individual CDM Project activities for CFL are also now eligible to participate in the BLY scheme in addition to the existing PoA with a view to broad base the BLY scheme.
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), being the statutory body set up under the Energy Conservation Act, 2001 by the Government of India, will coordinate the Small-Scale CDM Project development and will facilitate implementation of the BLY programme in various States through their respective Electricity Distribution Companies (DISCOMs) with the assistance of the CFL investors.
The development of the CDM project is a voluntary action on the part of BEE and it would not seek any commercial revenues. BEE will on behalf of the Government of India take the responsibility of monitoring of all project areas after the DISCOMs and the CFL investors have entered into a tripartite agreement (TPA) with BEE.
The main roles of the three parties under the individual CDM scheme are listed below :
BLY Scheme Investor (Manufacturers / Traders etc)
- Providing CFLs with lumen output +/- 10% of the baseline i.e. (lumen output of 100 Watt & 60 Watt) Incandescent Lamps at price comparable to those of Incandescent Lamps(i.e. Rs 15), in exchange for functioning Incandescent Lamps that are currently being used in the households. A maximum of 4 CFLs shall be replaced per household. These CFLs shall be compliant with the existing National Regulations in force.
- Free replacement of fused distributed CFLs, within 2 years for 6000 hour CFL and within 3 years for 10000 hour lamps, during the life of the CDM Project.
- Collection of fused CFLs through buy-back schemes, and arrangements for their safe disposal.
- Pre-project survey to estimate the annual electricity saving potential in a selected CDM Project.
- Distribution of CFLs in association with DISCOM within its customer area.
- Securing financing of initial investment for the cost differential (no subsidy from the Govt. of India towards reducing cost of the CFL lamps).
- Preparing CDM Small-Scale Project Design Document (SSC-PDD) as per BEE provided BLY CDM Scheme Framework Document (BEE-CFD).
- Getting the SSC-PDD validated by a Designated Operational Entity accredited with the UNFCCC.
- Getting the SSC-CPA –PDD registered with the UNFCCC (including payment of any fees to UNFCCC).
- Post CDM project registration sharing complete project monitoring and verification information with BEE
- Official communication with the CDM–EB, DOE and Indian DNA.
- Allocation of CERs amongst project participants (e.g. DISCOMs) according to their share in emissions reductions in a specified verification period.
DISCOM in CDM Project area
Extended facilities to the CDM project investor to
- Define geographic boundary of customer area of a DISCOM.
- Define a residential household based on State level definition and tariff category.
- Safe storage of replaced ILBs for independent inspection and safe disposal.
- Prepare database of all grid connected residential households to include name of users/ address/ average annual electricity consumption for each CDM project area
- Selection of Baseline Survey Group (BSG), Project sample monitoring group (PSMG), Project spot-check group (PSCG).
- Extensive awareness and information campaign in association with DISCOMs.
- Development of BLY CDM Scheme Framework Document (BEE-CFD).
- Managing the monitoring of lighting appliance utilization hours within the PSMG households using an approved small scale methodology of the UNFCCC (EB) and analysis of the monitored data.
- Technically support the CFL investor / DISCOMs e.g. to conduct the baseline survey etc.
- Include CDM project activity under BLY scheme upon registration with UNFCCC.
For any clarification / query please contact:
Bureau of Energy Efficiency (Ministry of Power)
4th Floor, Sewa Bhavan, Sector 1
R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110 066
RELATED POSTAyushman Bharat is National Health Protection SchemePradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana(PMRPY) Dairy Entrepreneurship Development Scheme Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi MandhanCheck your Eligibility for Ayushman Bharat Medicare Health Yojana – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Abhiyaan – Ayushman Bharat YojanaHow the India Post Payments Bank Differs from Post Office Savings Account Invest 1.5Lakh/yr in PPF Scheme and get 46 lakh. Save Tax too!Atal Pension YojanaMudra Bank Yojana SchemeRNTCP - Government TB Treatment Education & Care NSPBIJU KRUSHAK KALYAN YOJANADeen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana [DDU-GKY] SchemeAtal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan YojanaCrop InsuranceAtal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban TransformationBeti Bachao, Beti Padhao SchemeOne platform where you can lodge your grievances for quick redress Bachat Lamp Yojana (BLY) CDM Based CFL SchemeDeen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya YojanaDigital India NTA - Computer Based Test post office savings scheme 2018 Hindi ! PPF(Public Provident Fund) Scheme ! आयु संबंधी शार्ट ट्रिक्स||Age Based Problems In Hindi ||Railway Loco pilot D Tricky Maths|| Ak Sir|| Top 18 Latest Government Schemes Yojana Explained in Hindi- Current Affairs 2018 for UPSC 100 expected MCQs from Latest Government Schemes Set 1- Current affairs 2018 UPSC/SSC/PCS/IBPS/CDS What is Ayushman Bharat Scheme, Eligibility, benefit Launch and earn 15000 Rs monthly,
New rules of Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (M.I.S.)2018 in Hindi Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme CALCULATOR: How to calculate? Whats the benefit of Sukanya Yojna.