1. Who was elected to the office of President as an independent candidate?
(a) Dr. Rajendra Prasad (b) V V Giri (c) Sanjeeva Reddy (d) Dr. Zakir Hussain (Ans : b)
2. The voting age in general elections was reduced from 21 years to 18 by the–
(a) 72nd Amendment (b) 62nd Amendment (c) 61st Amendment (d) 71st Amendment (Ans : c)
3. A, B, C, D, E and F are members of a club. There are two married couples in the group. A is the brother of D's husband. C is the President of All India Working Women's Association. F, a sitarist, is a bachelor. B's wife is not a member of the club. Four of them belong to the same family. B and F are colleagues in the same organisation.
Which of the following groups consist of the members of the same family?
(a) ABED (b) BCDE (c) ADEF (d) ACDE (Ans : d)
4. Which one of these is a famous port on the western coast of India?
(a) Nhavasheva (b) Paradeep (c) Tuticorin (d) Port Blair (Ans : a)
5. Which of the following cities do not have a functional metro rail system in India?
(a) New Delhi (b) Kolkata (c) Hyderabad (d) Bangaluru (Ans : a)
6. Who wrote the book 'The Argumentative Indian'?
(a) PN Bhagwati (b) Amartya Sen (c) Arvind Panagariya (d) Raghuram Rajan (Ans : b)
7. In the following question, there is certain relationship between the first two terms. Choose the fourth term from the following options, which has a similar kind of relation with the third term.
UTS : EDC : WVU : ?
(a) XWV (b) WXY (c) SJM (d) RPO (Ans : a)
8. Which is India's first city to have its own City Animal?
(a) Gaya (b) Ranchi (c) Patna (d) Guwahati (Ans : d)
9. How many times 'E' precedes the consonants in the word 'UNPRECEDENTED'?
(a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 4 (Ans : d)
10. Who holds the power of judicial Review in India?
(a) The Parliament (b) The Supreme Court (c) The Prime Minister (d) The President (Ans : b)
11. Select the option: which is the logical equivalent of the statement given below–
If I like candies, then I don't like ice creams. I like ice creams.
(a) I like candies. (b) I don't like chocolates. (c) I don't like candies. (d) None of the above (Ans : c)
12. Which of the following districts of Madhya Pradesh shares it borders with Uttar Pradesh and Chhattisgarh?
(a) Rewa (b) Anuppur (c) Singrauli (d) Shahdol (Ans : c)
13. Which of the following belongs to the same family as Mumbai, Kolkata and Cochin?
(a) Delhi (b) Kanpur (c) Chennai (d) Sholapur (Ans : c)
14. 5 persons are sitting in row. One of the two persons at the extreme ends is intelligent and other one is fair. A fat person is sitting to the right of a weak person. A tall person is to the left of the fat person. And the weak person is sitting between the intelligent and fat person Fat person is sitting on whose left hand side?
(a) Intelligent (b) Fair (c) Weak (d) Tall (Ans : d)
15. Panini wrote a book on grammar. Which book was it?
(a) Ashtadhyayi (b) Meghadhootha (c) Satapatha (d) Dhanurveda (Ans : a)
16. Chandigarh is the capital of ………. and ……….
(a) Punjab and Jammu & Kashmir (b) Punjab and Uttarakhand
(c) Punjab and Himachal Pradesh (d) Punjab and Haryana (Ans : d)
17. The nodal agency of the government of India to disseminate information to the print and electronic media on government policies is–
(a) Press Information Bureau (b) Press Trust of India (c) United News of India (d) Press Council of India (Ans : a)
18. Which among the following districts does not belong to the Bhopal police range?
(a) Sehore (b) Rajgarh (c) Vidisha (d) Chhindwara (Ans : d)
19. Which was the oldest university of the Indian subcontinent?
(a) Nalanda University (b) Taxila University (c) Benaras Hindu University (d) Magadh University (Ans : b)
20. Find out the pair, which is different from the other in the following question.
(a) Oil and lamp (b) Water and ice (c) Grandfather and grandson (d) Father in law and son in law (Ans : a)
21. Which dam is being built on the Narmada river approx. 10 km from Punasa village in Khandwa district in Western Madhya Pradesh?
(a) Halali dam (b) Jobat dam (c) Indira Sagar dam (d) Tawa dam (Ans : c)
22. What is the minimum age for a person to become the Prime Minister of India?
(a) 21 yr (b) 25 yr (c) 35 yr (d) 30 yr (Ans : b)
23. Select the option, which is the logical equivalent of the statement given below–
If it is liquid, then it is not solid.
(a) If it is not liquid, then it is not solid. (b) If it is solid, then it is not liquid.
(c) If it is not solid, then it is not liquid. (d) If it is solid, then it is liquid. (Ans : b)
24. Bina and Dhasaan are tributaries of which river?
(a) Narmada (b) Tapti (c) Chambal (d) Betwa (Ans : d)
25. ………. was the captain of Indian Women's cricket team, who was born in Madhya Pradesh.
(a) Sandhya Agarwal (b) Anjum Chopra (c) Mithali Raj (d) Shubangi Kulkarni (Ans : a)
26. Select the option, which is the logical equivalent of the statement given below–
If my umbrella is up, then it is raining.
(a) If it is raining, then my umbrella is up. (b) If my umbrella is not up, then it is not raining.
(c) If it is not raining, then my umbrella is not up. (d) None of the above (Ans : c)
27. In 2008, who received the first copy of the e-passport in India?
(a) Priyanka Chopra (b) Pratibha Patil (c) Sonia Gandhi (d) Sachin Tendulkar (Ans : b)
28. Farakka Barrage Project is designed for preservation and maintenance of–
(a) Kochi port (b) Tuticorin port (c) Kolkata port (d) Mangalore port (Ans : c)
29. If cream cracker means computer programming, and its cream cracker, then it's programming.
(a) True (b) False (c) May be (d) Irrelevant (Ans : a)
30. Where is the Nauradhi Sanctuary located?
(a) Morena (b) Rewa (c) Banjar (d) Sagar (Ans : d)