Madhya Pradesh Police Constable Exam Solved Paper (Exam Held on 09-08-2016)
1. Who was elected to the office of President as an independent candidate?
(a) Dr. Rajendra Prasad (b) V V Giri (c) Sanjeeva Reddy (d) Dr. Zakir Hussain (Ans : b)
2. The voting age in general elections was reduced from 21 years to 18 by the–
(a) 72nd Amendment (b) 62nd Amendment (c) 61st Amendment (d) 71st Amendment (Ans : c)
3. A, B, C, D, E and F are members of a club. There are two married couples in the group. A is the brother of D's husband. C is the President of All India Working Women's Association. F, a sitarist, is a bachelor. B's wife is not a member of the club. Four of them belong to the same family. B and F are colleagues in the same organisation.
Which of the following groups consist of the members of the same family?
(a) ABED (b) BCDE (c) ADEF (d) ACDE (Ans : d)
4. Which one of these is a famous port on the western coast of India?
(a) Nhavasheva (b) Paradeep (c) Tuticorin (d) Port Blair (Ans : a)
5. Which of the following cities do not have a functional metro rail system in India?
(a) New Delhi (b) Kolkata (c) Hyderabad (d) Bangaluru (Ans : a)
6. Who wrote the book 'The Argumentative Indian'?
(a) PN Bhagwati (b) Amartya Sen (c) Arvind Panagariya (d) Raghuram Rajan (Ans : b)
7. In the following question, there is certain relationship between the first two terms. Choose the fourth term from the following options, which has a similar kind of relation with the third term.
UTS : EDC : WVU : ?
(a) XWV (b) WXY (c) SJM (d) RPO (Ans : a)
8. Which is India's first city to have its own City Animal?
(a) Gaya (b) Ranchi (c) Patna (d) Guwahati (Ans : d)
9. How many times 'E' precedes the consonants in the word 'UNPRECEDENTED'?
(a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 4 (Ans : d)
10. Who holds the power of judicial Review in India?
(a) The Parliament (b) The Supreme Court (c) The Prime Minister (d) The President (Ans : b)
11. Select the option: which is the logical equivalent of the statement given below–
If I like candies, then I don't like ice creams. I like ice creams.
(a) I like candies. (b) I don't like chocolates. (c) I don't like candies. (d) None of the above (Ans : c)
12. Which of the following districts of Madhya Pradesh shares it borders with Uttar Pradesh and Chhattisgarh?
(a) Rewa (b) Anuppur (c) Singrauli (d) Shahdol (Ans : c)
13. Which of the following belongs to the same family as Mumbai, Kolkata and Cochin?
(a) Delhi (b) Kanpur (c) Chennai (d) Sholapur (Ans : c)
14. 5 persons are sitting in row. One of the two persons at the extreme ends is intelligent and other one is fair. A fat person is sitting to the right of a weak person. A tall person is to the left of the fat person. And the weak person is sitting between the intelligent and fat person Fat person is sitting on whose left hand side?
(a) Intelligent (b) Fair (c) Weak (d) Tall (Ans : d)
15. Panini wrote a book on grammar. Which book was it?
(a) Ashtadhyayi (b) Meghadhootha (c) Satapatha (d) Dhanurveda (Ans : a)
16. Chandigarh is the capital of ………. and ……….
(a) Punjab and Jammu & Kashmir (b) Punjab and Uttarakhand
(c) Punjab and Himachal Pradesh (d) Punjab and Haryana (Ans : d)
17. The nodal agency of the government of India to disseminate information to the print and electronic media on government policies is–
(a) Press Information Bureau (b) Press Trust of India (c) United News of India (d) Press Council of India (Ans : a)
18. Which among the following districts does not belong to the Bhopal police range?
(a) Sehore (b) Rajgarh (c) Vidisha (d) Chhindwara (Ans : d)
19. Which was the oldest university of the Indian subcontinent?
(a) Nalanda University (b) Taxila University (c) Benaras Hindu University (d) Magadh University (Ans : b)
20. Find out the pair, which is different from the other in the following question.
(a) Oil and lamp (b) Water and ice (c) Grandfather and grandson (d) Father in law and son in law (Ans : a)
21. Which dam is being built on the Narmada river approx. 10 km from Punasa village in Khandwa district in Western Madhya Pradesh?
(a) Halali dam (b) Jobat dam (c) Indira Sagar dam (d) Tawa dam (Ans : c)
22. What is the minimum age for a person to become the Prime Minister of India?
(a) 21 yr (b) 25 yr (c) 35 yr (d) 30 yr (Ans : b)
23. Select the option, which is the logical equivalent of the statement given below–
If it is liquid, then it is not solid.
(a) If it is not liquid, then it is not solid. (b) If it is solid, then it is not liquid.
(c) If it is not solid, then it is not liquid. (d) If it is solid, then it is liquid. (Ans : b)
24. Bina and Dhasaan are tributaries of which river?
(a) Narmada (b) Tapti (c) Chambal (d) Betwa (Ans : d)
25. ………. was the captain of Indian Women's cricket team, who was born in Madhya Pradesh.
(a) Sandhya Agarwal (b) Anjum Chopra (c) Mithali Raj (d) Shubangi Kulkarni (Ans : a)
26. Select the option, which is the logical equivalent of the statement given below–
If my umbrella is up, then it is raining.
(a) If it is raining, then my umbrella is up. (b) If my umbrella is not up, then it is not raining.
(c) If it is not raining, then my umbrella is not up. (d) None of the above (Ans : c)
27. In 2008, who received the first copy of the e-passport in India?
(a) Priyanka Chopra (b) Pratibha Patil (c) Sonia Gandhi (d) Sachin Tendulkar (Ans : b)
28. Farakka Barrage Project is designed for preservation and maintenance of–
(a) Kochi port (b) Tuticorin port (c) Kolkata port (d) Mangalore port (Ans : c)
29. If cream cracker means computer programming, and its cream cracker, then it's programming.
(a) True (b) False (c) May be (d) Irrelevant (Ans : a)
30. Where is the Nauradhi Sanctuary located?
(a) Morena (b) Rewa (c) Banjar (d) Sagar (Ans : d)
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Official Website of Districts of Uttar Pradesh Official Website of Districts of Uttar Pradesh
Agra : https://agra.nic.in
Aligarh : https://aligarh.nic.in
Ambedkar Nagar : https://ambedkarnagar.nic.in
Amethi : https://amethi.nic.in
Amroha : https://amroha.nic.in
Auraiya : https://auraiya.nic.in
Ayodhya : https://ayodhya.nic.in
2. Cane UP Enquiry Online for the Farmer Uttar Pradesh Government started the scheme which is known by the UP Ganna Parchi Online Calendar portal so that if the sugarcane farmer can take directly benefit from the www caneup in website. they can get all information regarding cane up slip, survey, reports, payment issue, and many more things.
Note: Uttar Pradesh has the largest area almost 50 percent of the cane area in the country, followed by Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tam
3. Some interesting facts about Vikaram Sarabhai Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai
(12 August 1919 – 30 December 1971) was an Indian physicist and astronomer who initiated space research and helped develop nuclear power in India. He was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 1966 and the Padma Vibhushan (posthumously) in 1972. He is internationally regarded as the Father of the Indian Space Program.
Some interesting facts about Vikaram Sa
4. Science in Vedas Science in Vedas
Science in Vedas
The core foundation of Hindu belief is that Vedas contain source of all knowledge – physical or metaphysical. However in last 100 odd years, this belief has come under scrutiny due to the advances that modern science claims to make.
5. Uttar Pradesh : Apex Bodies and Departments Uttar Pradesh : Apex Bodies and Departments
Hon'ble Governor , Uttar Pradesh
Hon'ble Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh
Government of Uttar Pradesh
Vidhan Sabha, Uttar Pradesh
6. Consumer Protection Act, 2019 comes into force The Consumer Protection Act,2019 comes in to force from today i.e. 20th July 2020. While briefing the media about the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 through video conference here today, the Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan said that this new Act will empower consumers and help them in protecting their rights through its various no
7. Consumer Welfare Fund The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 had set in motion a consumer movement in the country. The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 which came into effect from 20th July 2020, and replaces the Consumer Protection Act of 1986 would give greater fillip to the ongoing consumer movement in the country.The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 provides for establishment of the Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) to promote, protect and enforce the rights of consumers as a class. The Act provides for simpli
8. Shaheed Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940) Shaheed Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940) was a revolutionary belonging to the Ghadar Party, best known for his assassination in London of Michael O'Dwyer, the former lieutenant governor of the Punjab in India, on 13 March 1940. The assassination was in revenge for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre in Amritsar in 1919 for which O'Dwyer was responsible. Singh was subsequently tried and convicted of murder and hanged in July 1940. While in custody, he used the name Mo
9. Dhanpat Rai Shrivastava - (31st July 1880 - 8th October 1936) Dhanpat Rai Shrivastava - (31st July 1880 - 8th October 1936), better known by his pen name Munshi Premchandwas an Indian writer famous for his modern Hindustani literature. He is one of the most celebrated writers of the Indian subcontinent, and is regarded as one of the foremost Hindi writers of the early twentieth century. His novels include Godaan, Karmabhoomi, Gaban, Mansarovar, Idgah. He published his first collection of five short stories in 1907 in a book called Soz-e Watan.
10. July 31, 2020 Google Celebrating Pacita Abad Today’s Doodle celebrates Philippine artist, feminist, and activist Pacita Abad, renowned for her bold use of color and mixed media as well as her use of art to address global themes. On this day in 1984, Abad made history as the first woman to receive the Philippines’ prestigious Ten Outstanding Young Men award.
Pacita Abad was born on October 5th, 1
11. Indian Independence Movement Indian Independence Movement
The Indian independence movement encompasses the efforts to free India from British rule from the Nineteenth Century until the granting of Independence in 1947. The Independence Movement involved a range of different strategies from revolutionary acts of violence, to peaceful non-violent protests.
Leaders of the Independence movement
12. World Metrology Day - 20 May The theme for World Metrology Day 2020 is Measurements for global trade.
This theme was chosen to create awareness of the important role measurement plays in facilitating fair global trade, ensuring products meet standards and regulations, and satisfying customer quality expectations.
Indeed more widely metrology, the science of measurement, plays a central role in scientific discovery and innovation, industrial manufacturing and international trade, in improving the
13. Top Crop Producing States in India Top Crop Producing States in India
Apple: Jammu & Kashmir
Rice: West Bengal
Barley: Uttar Pradesh
14. INDIAN STATES AND IMPORTANT FESTIVALS INDIAN STATES AND IMPORTANT FESTIVALS
Zatra at Cansaulim
Feast of St. Francis Xavier
Feast of Immaculate Conception,
Goa Liberation Day.
Losar, Himachal Day
15. Nobel Laureates Nobel Laureates
Amartya Sen (b-1933): Prof. Amartya Sen is the recipient of the Nobel Prize for Economics for the year 1998, becoming the first Asian to have been honoured with the award. The Santiniketanborn economist who is a pioneer in Welfare Economics has to his credit several books and papers on aspects of welfare and development. An economist with a difference, Prof. Sen is a humanist. He has distinguished himself with his outstanding writings on
16. Amazing Facts about the Human Body Amazing Facts about the Human Body
1. A Human baby has over 300 bones (60 more than adults). With the passage of time some bones get dissolved inside and some get joined with others.
2. At the point when a pregnant lady endures organ harm, (for example, a heart assault), the hatchling sends undeveloped cells to the harmed organ to help repair it. Furthermore ladies who have beforehand been pregnant show neurological insurance against specific infections.
17. List of First in India List of First in India
● First Governor-General of Independent India—Lord Lewis Mountbatten
● Indian Governor-General of Independent India—Chakravarti Rajgopalachari
● Chief of the Indian Armed Forces—General K. M. Carriappa
● Field Marshall—General S. H. F. J. Manekshaw
● President—Dr. Rajendra Prasa
18. POWER PLANTS IN INDIA POWER PLANTS IN INDIA
Nuclear power in India
Nuclear power is the fourth-largest source of electricity in India after thermal, hydroelectric and renewable sources of electricity. As of 2012, India has 20 nuclear reactors in operation in six nuclear power plants, generating 4,780 MW while seven other reactors are under construction and are expected to generate an additional 5,300 MW. In October 2010, India drew up "an
19. HARYANA CIRCLE PA /SA EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014) HARYANA CIRCLE PA /SA EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
1. How many teams are participating in IPL 2014?
2. Who is the deputy speaker of Lok Sabha at present?
Ans.: Kariya Munda
3. Who is presently the chairman of the finance commission?
Ans.: Dr Vijay L Khelkar
Yv Reddy is the chairman of 14 Finance commission. But now 13th commission is on running .
20. General Knowledge Questions About Sports General Knowledge Questions About Sports
1. Who is the leading wicket taker in the history of Test cricket —Shane Warne
2. What can be the maximum length of a cricket bat —32'
3. What is the distance between popping crease and stumps on cricket pitch —3½ ft
4. With Which game/sport is 'Popping crease' associated —Cricket
21. List of World Heritage Sites in India List of World Heritage Sites in India
● Agra Fort (1983)
● Ajanta Caves (1983)
● Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi (1989)
● Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park (2004)
● Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly Victoria Terminus) (2004)
● Churches and Convents of Goa (1986)
● Elephanta Caves (1987)
● Ellora Caves (1983)
● Fatehpur Sikri (1986)
● Great Living Chola T
22. History of Indian Postal System History of Indian Postal System
Year — Work
1766 — Establishment of first Indian Postal system by Lord Clive in India.
1774 — Establishment of first G.P.O. in Kolkata by Warren Hastings.
1786 — Establishment of Madras G.P.O.
1793 — Establishment of G.P.O. at Mumbai
1854 — On Oct
24. AWARDS AND THEIR RELATED FIELDS AWARDS AND THEIR RELATED FIELDS
Bharat Ratna: It is the highest civilian award of the India. The award was given for outstanding achievements in the arts, literature, science and public services but the government expanded the criteria to include "any field of human endeavor". The number of annual awards is restricted to a maximum of three in a particular year.
Nobel Prize: The Nobel Prize is widely regarde
25. RRB EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER RRB EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER
1. When was the first underground railway (Metro Railway) started?
(A) 1982 (B) 1989 (C) 1984 (D) 1992 (Ans : C)
2. Shatabdi Express train was started in–
(A) 1984 (B) 1988 (C) 1990 (D) 1985 (Ans : B)
3. At which of the following places Diesel Component Works is established?
(A) Jamshedpur (B) Patiala (C) Perambur (D) Varanasi (A
26 SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment Examination 2020#SSC2 Days Remaining for Apply SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment Examination 2020
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold a Computer Based Online Combined All India Open Recruitment Examination from 22/03/2021 to 25/03/2021 (for Computer Based Examination, Paper-I) for recruitment to the Government Job vacancy posts of Junior Engineers Group-B (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying and Contract)
27 UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021#UPSC13 Days Remaining for Apply UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Shahjahan Road, Dholpur House, New Delhi – 110069 will hold a Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 (Computer Based Test) on 21/02/2021 for selection to Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination, 2021 for recruitment to following 40 Govt. Job Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Geophysicist, Chemist, and Hydrogeologists (Scientist B) in Geologica ...
30 UPSC Government Jobs Recruitment 12/2020 Vacancies#UPSC1 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 29/10/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty - Assistant Professor), Foreman, Scientific Assistant, Engineer etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 12/2020).
34 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Himachal Pradesh#Himachal Pradesh9 Days Remaining for Apply India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Himachal Pradesh
Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by Odisha and Tamil Nadu Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the state in Himachal Pradesh. (Advertisement Numbers - R&E/77-55/2020)
39 Recruitment of Group-A/B/C Vacancy in AIIMS Delhi and NCI Jhajjar 2020#Delhi22 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Group-A/B/C Vacancy in AIIMS Delhi and NCI Jhajjar 2020
Online Applications on prescribed format are invited from eligible Indian citizen candidates for filling up of the following Group-A, Group-B and Group-C Sarkari Naukri Para-Medical (Non-Faculty) vacancy posts at All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi and NCI Jhajjar (Haryana) (Advt. No. 1-17/2020-Estt-I(RCT)).
AIIMS Delhi Jhajjar Group A B C Job Vacancy Recruitment ...
43 IBPS 9th IX CRP RRB Officer Office-Assistant Recruitment 2020#Bank12 Days Remaining for Apply IBPS 9th IX CRP RRB Officer Office-Assistant Recruitment 2020
It has been decided by IBPS to reopen the registration window and invite applications for 9th (IXth) online examination (Preliminary and Main) for Group-A Officers and Multipurpose Office-Assistants (Clerical cadre) Posts in the Participating Organisations in continuation to the detailed advertisement dated 01/07/2020.
44 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13/2020#UPSC15 Days Remaining for Apply UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13/2020
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 12/11/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially System Analyst cum Computer Programmer and Foreman etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 13/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13 ...