Tag : # FESTIVALS
INDIAN STATES AND IMPORTANT FESTIVALS
- Zatra at Cansaulim
- Feast of St. Francis Xavier
- Feast of Immaculate Conception,
- Goa Liberation Day.
- Minjar Mela
- Jwalamukhi Fair
- Losar, Himachal Day
- Rakhadumni: Rakhi
- Makara Sankranthi,
- Pattadakal Dance Festival
- Naga Panchami
- Feast of St. Philomena
- Urs of Hazrat Khwaja Bande Nawaz Chisti
- Mahamastakabhisheka (held once every 12 years in veneration of Gomateswara Bahubali at Sravanabelagola)
- Nav Warih
- Jeth Ashtami
- Mela at hemis Gampa
- Har Navami
- Piligrimage to Amarhnath Cave (Chhari Festival)
- Yargon Tungshak,
- Guru Tse-Chu,
- Stok Guru Tsechu,
- Matho Nagrang,
- Shab-e-Miraj, Yuru Kabgyat, Hemis Festival, Shachukul Gustor, Zanskar Karsha Gustor, Phyang Tsedup,
- Urs at Shah Hamadan
- Kichri Amavasya
- Thye Pangal
Maharashtra and Gujarat
- Gudi Padva
- Dev Divali
- Rathyatra (at Puri)
- Konark Dance Festival,
- Phagu Dasami,
- Papanasini Ekadasi,
- Dola Purnima,
- Meena Sankranti,
- Papamochani Ekadasi,
- Chaitra Amavasya,
- Rama Navami,
- Kamada Ekadasi,
- Pana Sankranti,
- Baruthini Ekadasi
Punjab and Haryana
- Pracheen Kala Kendra Nritya and Sangeet Sammelan,
- Guru Parab- Guru Nanak’s Birthday
Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh
- Pushkar Fair
- Urs at Ajmer
- Panguni Uthiram
- Puthandu (Tamil New Year)
- Madurai River Festival
- Kaveri River Festival
- Festival at Velanganni
- Karthika Festival
- Vaikunta Ekadashi
- Karachi Puja
- Tripureshwari temple festival
- Ram Navami
- Sravana Festival
- Ban Yatra
- Kans Ka Mela
- Sankranthi (this is the biggest festival in Andhra Pradesh)
- Tyagaraja Festival
- Ugadi (New Year)
- Vaikunta Ekadashi
Assam and Manippur
- Bhogali bihu
- Bohag Bihu (or Rangali Bihu)
- Kati Bihu (or Kangali Bihu)
- Spring Festival of Kanyak Nagas
- Manipur Ras Lila Festival
- Gangasagar Mela
- Ramakrishna Utsav
- Dol Purnima
- Naba Barsha
- Dussera (famous in Bengal)
- Christian Mela
- Sair-i-Gulfaroshan (Phool Walon Ki Sair)
- Urs at Hazrat Nizam ud din Aulia
International Yoga festival.
- Magh Mela
- Uttarayani Mela
- International Yoga Week
Panguni #Amarhnath #Amavasya #Amavasya
Thye #Andhra #Ashtami
Chavang #Bahubali #Barsha
Dussera #Bengal #Bihar
Feast #Chhari #Chisti
Mahamastakabhisheka #Conception #Dasami #Day
Karachi #Ekadasi #Ekadasi
Urs #Festival #Festival
Gangasagar #Francis #Gampa
Har #Gomateswara #Gujarat
Gudi #Gustor #Hamadan
Pracheen #Hazrat #Himachal #IMPORTANT #INDIAN #Immaculate #Kabgyat #Kangali  #Kanyak #Karsha #Kendra #Khwaja #Kut.
Puducherry  #Liberation #Madhya #Manippur  #Mela
Manipur #Nagrang #Nanak&rsquo #Navami #Navami
Sravana #Nritya #Padva
Maharashtra #Parab- #Philomena
Urs #Phyang #Pradesh #Pradesh
Tripureshwari #Purnima #Purnima
Makara #Rangali #STATES #Sammelan #Sangeet #Sankranthi #Sankranti #Shachukul #Sravanabelagola #Tse-Chu #Tsechu #Tsedup #Tungshak #Uthiram
Kans #Zanskar #biggest #bihu
Bohag #famous #festival #festival
Uttaranchal  #or  #temple #veneration
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register
& Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Indian Independence Movement
Indian Independence Movement
The Indian independence movement encompasses the efforts to free India from British rule from the Nineteenth Century until the granting of Independence in 1947. The Independence Movement involved a range of different strategies from revolutionary acts of violence, to peaceful non-violent protests.
Leaders of the Independence movement
2. Punjab Circle Postal Assistant Examination General Awareness Solved Paper (Exam held on 18.05.2014)
Punjab Circle Postal Assistant Examination General Awareness Solved Paper (Exam held on 18.05.2014)
1. Identify the mismatched pair in national Sports award
Ans : Dharmender Dalal - Dhyan Chand
2.The capital of world youngest nation south sudan is
Ans : Juba
3.which country recently decided to implement Nitaqat law?
Ans : Saudi Arabia
4.The Lokpal and Lokayuktas bill 2013 got the President of india ascent
3. NABARD Assistant Manager (Grade A and B) Exam General Awareness Solved Paper (Exam Held on 1-3-2015)
NABARD Assistant Manager (Grade A and B) Exam General Awareness Solved Paper (Exam Held on 1-3-2015)
1. World's first robot-staffed Hotel is set to open in which of the following countries?
(A) China (B) US (C) Singapore (D) Abu Dhabi (E) Japan (Ans : E)
2. In which of the following states, the per capita availability of Milk is highest in the country?
(A) Maharashtra (B) Haryana (C) Guajarat (D) Punjab (E) T
4. HARYANA CIRCLE PA /SA EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
HARYANA CIRCLE PA /SA EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
1. How many teams are participating in IPL 2014?
2. Who is the deputy speaker of Lok Sabha at present?
Ans.: Kariya Munda
3. Who is presently the chairman of the finance commission?
Ans.: Dr Vijay L Khelkar
Yv Reddy is the chairman of 14 Finance commission. But now 13th commission is on running .
6. Objective Questions on Indian Penal Code 1860
Objective Questions on Indian Penal Code 1860
1. Which one of the following is not essential for an offence?
(A) Intention (B) Motive (C) Prohibited act (D) Punishment for act (Ans : B)
2. In which of the following mens rea has been considered to be an essential element of an offence?
(A) Srinivasmal Barolia Vs. Emperor (B) R. Vs. Tolsen
(C) Nathulal Vs. State of Madhya Pradesh (D) All of the above (
7. IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam General Awareness Solved Questions
IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam General Awareness Solved Questions
1. The Speaker of Lok Sabha in India is elected by the–
(A) Members of Lok Sabha (B) Members of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
(C) Council of Ministers (D) Speakers of State Legislative Assemblies (Ans : A)
2. The responsibility for framing the Constitution of independent India was entrusted to the–
(A) Lok Sabha (B) Rajya Sabha (C)
8. Chhattisgarh Objective General Knowledge Questions
Chhattisgarh Objective General Knowledge Questions
1. Who of the following was the first elected member of Chhattisgarh elected from the constituency of municipal councils of Nagpur and Chhattisgarh in the Legislative Assembly of the Central Provinces in 1913 ?
(A) Shivdas Daga (B) Mahant Laxminarayandas (C) NathmalMunim (D) Shivprasad (Ans : C)
2. What is Kusiyaar in Chhattisgarhi ?
(A) Paddy (B) Banana (C) Cocon
9. RAJASTHAN CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
RAJASTHAN CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
1. As per the constitutional provision, who has the absolute and ultimate powers regarding the passing of money bills?
Ans:-the house of the people
2:- As per the constitutional of India, the reports of the comptroller and auditor general of India relating to the accounts of the state shall be submitted to?
Ans:- the Governor of state
10. Indian States General Knowledge Questions
Indian States General Knowledge Questions
1. In which state has India's largest private sector sea port been commissioned recently —Andhra Pradesh
2. Which Indian State has the minimum total forest cover —Haryana
3. If you wish to visit Golconda Fort, you will have to go to which state —Karnataka
4. Which state produces maximum Soya bean —Madhya Pr
11. General Knowledge Questions About Sports
General Knowledge Questions About Sports
1. Who is the leading wicket taker in the history of Test cricket —Shane Warne
2. What can be the maximum length of a cricket bat —32'
3. What is the distance between popping crease and stumps on cricket pitch —3½ ft
4. With Which game/sport is 'Popping crease' associated —Cricket
13. DELHI CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
DELHI CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
1) Which one of the following minerals is contained in the Monazite sand of Kerala?
2) The largest sugarcane producing country in the world is:
3) This refers the amount that the commercial banks require to maintain in the form of gold or government approved securities before providing credit to customers:
15. General Knowledge Questions About First in India and World
General Knowledge Questions About First in India and World
1. Where was the first session of the Constituent Assembly held —New Delhi
2. Who is the first person to set foot on Moon —Neil Armstrong
3. Which was the first talkie film of India —Alam Ara
4. Which was the first English ship that came to India —Red Dragon
5. Which was the
16. RRB EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER
RRB EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER
1. When was the first underground railway (Metro Railway) started?
(A) 1982 (B) 1989 (C) 1984 (D) 1992 (Ans : C)
2. Shatabdi Express train was started in–
(A) 1984 (B) 1988 (C) 1990 (D) 1985 (Ans : B)
3. At which of the following places Diesel Component Works is established?
(A) Jamshedpur (B) Patiala (C) Perambur (D) Varanasi (A
17. Important National and Independence Days of All Countries
Important National and Independence Days of All Countries
January 1 – Camaroon-Independence Day
January 1 – Haiti-Independence Day
January 1 – Western Samoa-Independence Day
January 1 – Sudan-National Day
January 1 – Burma-Independence Day
January 1 – Chad-Independence Day
January 1 – Australia-Australia Day
18. IMPORTANT COMMITTEES OF THE CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY AND THEIR CHAIRMEN
IMPORTANT COMMITTEES OF THE CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY AND THEIR CHAIRMEN
Name of the Committee Chairman
Committee on the Rules of Rajendra Prasad
Steering Committee Rajendra Prasad
Finance and Staff Committee Rajendra Prasad
19. INDIAN POLITY PRACTICE QUESTIONS FOR ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS
INDIAN POLITY PRACTICE QUESTIONS FOR ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS
1. Consider the following tasks:
1. Superintendence, direction and conduct of free and fair elections
2. Preparation of electoral rolls for all elections to the Parliament, State Legislatures and the Office of the President and the Vice-President.
3. Giving recognition to political parties and allotting election symbols to political parties and individuals contesting the election
20. INDIAN STATES AND IMPORTANT FESTIVALS
INDIAN STATES AND IMPORTANT FESTIVALS
Zatra at Cansaulim
Feast of St. Francis Xavier
Feast of Immaculate Conception,
Goa Liberation Day.
Losar, Himachal Day
21. History of Indian Postal System
History of Indian Postal System
Year — Work
1766 — Establishment of first Indian Postal system by Lord Clive in India.
1774 — Establishment of first G.P.O. in Kolkata by Warren Hastings.
1786 — Establishment of Madras G.P.O.
1793 — Establishment of G.P.O. at Mumbai
1854 — On Oct
22. Indian Towns Associated with Industries or Factories
Indian Towns Associated with Industries or Factories
Agra (U.P.)—Marble, leather, carpets, stoneware.
Ahmedabad (Gujarat)—Cotton Textiles.
Aligarh (U.P.)—Locks, cutlery and dairy industry.
Ambernath (Maharashtra)—Machine Tools Prototype Factory.
23. Indian Economy Practice Questions for All Competitive Exams
Indian Economy Practice Questions for All Competitive Exams
1. Which of the following factor forms the invisible account of the Balance of Payments of a country?
(a) International trade in services.
(b) Income associated with non resident assets and liabilities.
(c) Remittance of worker income.
(d) All the above.
24. INDIAN POLITY PRACTICE QUESTIONS
INDIAN POLITY PRACTICE QUESTIONS
1. The system of government in India established by the constitution:
3. Quasi federal
a) 1, 2, 3
b) 1, 2
c) 1 Only
2. Which one of the following is/are feature/s NOT common to both the Indian Federation and the American Federation?
1. A single citizenship
2. Three lists in the Constitution
3. Dual judiciary
4. A fede
25. Important Days in India
Important Days in India
January 1– Army Medical Corps Establishment Day, Global Family Day
January 9– NRI Day / Pravasi Bhartiya Divas
January 11– Death Anniversary of Lal Bahadur Shastri
January 12– National Youth Day (Birth Day of Swami Vivekanand)
January 15– Army Day
January 23– Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose's Birth Anniversary
January 24– National G