1. When was the first underground railway (Metro Railway) started?
(A) 1982 (B) 1989 (C) 1984 (D) 1992 (Ans : C)
2. Shatabdi Express train was started in–
(A) 1984 (B) 1988 (C) 1990 (D) 1985 (Ans : B)
3. At which of the following places Diesel Component Works is established?
(A) Jamshedpur (B) Patiala (C) Perambur (D) Varanasi (Ans : B)
4. Which Zone is the largest in Indian Railways?
(A) Central Railway (B) Northern Railway
(C) Eastern Railway (D) Western Railway (Ans : C)
5. The railway station situated in the extreme south is–
(A) Chennai (B) Cochin (C) Kanyakumari (D) Trivandrum (Ans : C)
6. A platform surrounded by rail lines from all the four sides, is called–
(A) dock platform (B) passenger platform
(C) island platform (D) goods platform (Ans : C)
7. When was the nationalization of Indian Railways done?
(A) 1952 (B) 1950 (C) 1951 (D) 1954 (Ans : B)
8. In which year Research, Design and Standard organization was established?
(A) 1954 (B) 1957 (C) 1959 (D) 1967 (Ans : B)
9. Railway Staff College is situated at–
(A) Bangalore (B) Secundrabad (C) Chennai (D) Vadodara (Ans : D)
10. Where is the Research, Design and Standard Organisation situated?
(A) Lucknow (B) Bangalore (C) Pune (D) New Delhi (Ans : A)
11. Which is the following pairs of regional Railways and their headquarters not true?
(A) South-Central Railway - Secunderabad
(B) Central railway - Bhopal
(C) South Railway - Chennai
(D) North Railway - New Delhi (Ans : B)
12. Between which of the destinations the first Indian train was started?
(A) From Calcutta to Delhi (B) From Mumbai to Thane
(C) From Mumbai to Surat (D) From Mumbai to Madras (Ans : B)
13. When was the first train in Indian started?
(A) 1851 (B) 1852 (C) 1853 (D) 1854 (Ans : C)
14. In which Governor-General’s reign railway lines in India were established?
(A) Lord William Bentick (B) Lord Cornwallis
(C) Lord Kenning (D) Lord Dalhousie (Ans : D)
15. A station where the rail lines end, is called
(A) junction station (B) way-side-station
(C) block station (D) terminal station (Ans : D)
16. How much distance was traveled by first train of India?
(A) 33 km (B) 36 km (C) 34 km (D) 46 km (Ans : C)
17. What is the position of the Indian Railway in the world according to the length of rail lines?
(A) First (B) Second (C) Third (D) Fourth (Ans : D)
18. What is the length of North-Eastern Frontier Railway (NEFR)?
(A) 4300 Km (B) 3700 Km (C) 4290 km (D) 5298 km (Ans : B)
19. The headquarters of North-Eastern railway is situated at–
(A) Mumbai (V.T) (B) Guwahati (C) Gorakhpur (D) New Delhi (Ans : C)
20. When was the North-Eastern frontier Railway (NEFR) established?
(A) 15th Jan, 1958 (B) 15th Jan, 1955
(C) 2nd Jan, 1956 (D) 14th April, 1952 (Ans : A)
21. The headquarters of North -Eastern Frontier Railway (NEFR) is–
(A) Calcutta (B) Maligaon (Guwahati)
(C) Chennai (D) Gorakhpur (Ans : B)
22. In which of the following cities, the first sub-way train was started?
(A) Mumbai (B) Delhi (C) Calcutta (D) Chennai (Ans : C)
23. General Manger is responsible for–
(A) Railway Board (B) Railway Ministry
(C) Both railway Board and Railway Ministry (D) None of these (Ans : A)
24. The headquarters of South-Central Railways is situated at–
(A) Mumbai (V.T) (B) Chennai
(C) Secundrabad (D) Mumbai (Central) (Ans : C)
25. The headquarters of Northern Railway is at–
(A) New Delhi (B) Guwahati (C) Gorakhpur (D) Mumbai (V.T) (Ans : A)
26. The headquarters of South Railways is situated at–
(A) Calcutta (B) Chennai (C) Delhi (D) Mumbai (Ans : B)
27. In which institution the training of electric work is being given?
(A) Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
(B) Indian Railways Institute of Electrical Engineering
(C) Railway Staff College
(D) Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering (Ans : B)
28. Who invented the railway engine?
(A) Charles Babbage (B) Isaac Newton
(C) James Watt (D) George Stephenson (Ans : D)
29. Where is the Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Insttitue situated?
(A) Nasik (B) Baroda (C) Jamalpur (D) Pune (Ans : C)
30. Metro Railway is functioning in which of the following Indian States?
(A) Gujarat (B) Maharashtra (C) West Bengal (D) Tamil Nadu (Ans : C)
31.The zone with the minimum length is
(A) North-Eastern Railway (B) North-Eastern Frontier Railway
(C) South-East Railway (D) South-Central Railway (Ans : B)
32. Where is the Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering Institute situated?
(A) Pune (B) Chennai (C) Nasik (D) Sikandrabad (Ans : A)
33. How many training institutions of Railways are in India?
(A) Three (B) Four (C) Five (D) Six (Ans : C)
34. What is the position of the Indian Railway under the zonal system?
(A) First (B) Second (C) Third (D) Forth (Ans : B)
35. Which of the gauges is used in the hilly areas?
(A) Broad gauge (B) Meter gauge
(C) Narrow gauge (D) Special gauge (Ans : C)
36. Where is the extreme north of India a railway station?
(A) Jammutavi (B) Amritsar (C) Pathancoat (D) Guwahat
37. How many institutions do give suggestions for railways technology?
(A) One (B) Two (C) Three (D) Four (Ans : B)
38. Diesel Locomotive Works is situated at–
(A) Perambur (B) Varanasi (C) Kapurthala (D) Bangalore (Ans : B)
39. The manufacturing of steam engine in Chittranjan Locomotive Works was stopped in–
(A) 1974 (B) 1961 (C) 1971 (D) 1973 (Ans : C)
40. The passenger bogies of the Indian Railways are manufactured at which of the following places?
(A) Kapurthala (B) Chittranjan (C) Perambur (D) Bangalore (Ans : C)
41. Indian Railways which is the largest of the Public Sector Enterprises, is divided in how many regions?
(A) 7(B) 9 (C) 8(D) 10 (Ans : B)
42. Besides Mahrashtra, Karnataka and Goa, which of the following is the fourth State for Konakan Railway Project?
(A) Kerala (B) Tamil Nadu (C) Gujarat (D) Andhra Pradesh (Ans : A)
43. Palace On Wheels train was inaugurated in which year?
(A) 1988 (B) 1972 (C) 1982 (D) 1965 (Ans : C)
44. When was the Central Railway established?
(A) 5th Nov 1951 (B) 14th Nov 1951 (C) 14th April 1951 (D) 16th August, 1951 (Ans : A)
45. Rajasthan is under which of the following railway zones?
(A) Northern region (B) Western region
(C) North-Western region (D) Central Region (Ans : B)
46. The largest national enterprise of India is–
(A) Indian Railway (B) Indian Shipyard
(C) Airways (D) None of these (Ans : A)
47. The first locomotive which was manufactured in Chittaranjan on–
(A) November 1950 (B) October 1950
(C) September 1949 (D) October 1954 (Ans : A)
48. Where is the wheel and axle plant of Indian Railways situated?
(A) Chittranjan (B) Kapurthala (C) Bangalore (D) Perambur
49. When was the Jammu City appeared on the map of Indian Railway?
(A) 1965 (B) 1963 (C) 1967 (D) 1965 (Ans : D)
50. Where is the headquarters of Central Railway situated?
(A) Mumbai (V.T) (B) Mumbai (Church Gate)
(C) Gwalior (D) Gorakhpur (Ans : A)