Delhi Postman Mail Guard Exam General Knowledge Solved Paper (Exam Held on 21-12-2014)
1. Who among the following has not won the Bharat Ratna Award?
(A) CNR Rao (B) M. G. Ramachandran
(C) Sivaji Ganesan (D) K. Kamaraj (Ans : C)
2. Complete the following series: YAZ, WBX, UCV, .……
(A) STD (B) SOT (C) SEP (D) SDQ (Ans : B)
3. Who among the following has not held the post of Chief Election Commissioner of India?
(A) Navin Chawla (B) S. Y. Qureshi
(C) Rangarajan (D) J. M. Lyngdoh (Ans : C)
4. Who presided over the Karachi Session of the Indian National Congress 1931 ?
(A) Sardar Patel (B) Subhash Chandra Bose
(C) Gandhiji (D) Maulana Azad (Ans : A)
5. Arrange the following in the increasing order of their size.
Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Telangana
(A) Kerala, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka
(B) Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Karnataka
(C) Kerala, Telangana, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu
(D) Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Kerala (Ans : D)
6. Which of the following languages was not awarded Classical Language status by the Central Govt. ?
(A) Bengali (B) Sanskrit (C) Kannada (D) Oriya (Ans : A)
7. In a row of boys, if Ashok who is 10th from the left and Zakir who is 9th from the right interchange their positions, Ashok becomes 15th from the left. How many boys are there in the row ?
(A) 23 (B) 31 (C) 27 (D) 29 (Ans : A)
8. Who among the following won the US Open Tennis Champion- ship 2014 ?
(A) Kei Nishikori (B) Serena Williams
(C) Venus Williams (D) Petra Kvitova (Ans : B)
9. Who among the following is associated with 'Wikileaks' ?
(A) Julian Assange (B) Edward Snowden
(C) Mark Zuckerberg (D) Oscar Pritorius (Ans : A)
10. The 'Budhacharita' was written by–
(A) Amarasimha (B) Bhasa
(C) Virasena (D) Ashwaghosha (Ans : D)
11. Which of the following diseases is not caused by a virus?
(A) Ebola (B) Malaria
(C) Rabies (D) Yellow Fever (Ans : B)
12. Simuka was the founder of which dynasty?
(A) Pallava (B) Satavahana
(C) Rashtrakuta (D) Huna (Ans : B)
13. The violent incident at Chauri Choura occurred during which of the following agitations?
(A) Civil Disobedience Movement (B) Non Co-operation Movement
(C) Quit India Movement (D) None of these (Ans : B)
14. Arun said, "This girl is the wife of the grandson of my mother. " Who is Arun to the girl?
(A) Uncle (B) Father-in-law
(C) Grandfather (D) Cousin (Ans : B)
15. Which of the following rivers flow into the Bay of Bengal?
(A) Indus (B) Narmada (C) Tapti (D) Yamuna (Ans : D)
16. The ozone layer is found in–
(A) Troposphere (B) Stratosphere
(C) Exosphere (D) Thermosphere (Ans : B)
17. We get which vitamin through exposure to sunlight?
(A) Vitamin A (B) Vitamin D
(C) Vitamin E (D) Vitamin K (Ans : B)
18. Who was awarded the Best Actress in the 61th National Film Awards?
(A) Geetu Mohandas (B) Amruta Subhash
(C) Geetanjali Thapa (D) Suhasini (Ans : C)
19. In which state is the Chilka lake?
(A) Odisha (B) Andhra Pradesh
(C) Arunachal Pradesh (D) Rajasthan (Ans : A)
20. What is the maximum (sanctioned) strength of Supreme Court including the Chief Justice of India?
(A) 14 (B) 18 (C) 31 (D) no limit (Ans : C)
21. What is the chemical name for baking soda ?
(A) Potassium Nitrate (B) Sodium chloride
(C) Sodium Bicarbonate (D) Potassium chloride (Ans : C)
22. Which of the following is not a browser?
(A) Android (B) Firefox
(C) Chrome (D) Safari (Ans : A)
23. Which metal is common to the alloys brass, bronze and gun-metal?
(A) Zinc (B) Tin (C) Aluminium (D) Copper (Ans : D)
24. Silvassa is the capital of–
(A) Oaman and Oiu (B) Oadra and Nagar Haveli
(C) Lakshadweep (D) Andaman and Nicobar (Ans : B)
25. In which year did nationalization of banks start in India?
(A) 1966 (B) 1969 (C) 1975 (D) 1980 (Ans : B)
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Some interesting facts about Vikaram Sarabhai Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai
(12 August 1919 – 30 December 1971) was an Indian physicist and astronomer who initiated space research and helped develop nuclear power in India. He was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 1966 and the Padma Vibhushan (posthumously) in 1972. He is internationally regarded as the Father of the Indian Space Program.
Some interesting facts about Vikaram Sa
2. Science in Vedas Science in Vedas
Science in Vedas
The core foundation of Hindu belief is that Vedas contain source of all knowledge – physical or metaphysical. However in last 100 odd years, this belief has come under scrutiny due to the advances that modern science claims to make.
3. Uttar Pradesh : Apex Bodies and Departments Uttar Pradesh : Apex Bodies and Departments
Hon'ble Governor , Uttar Pradesh
Hon'ble Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh
Government of Uttar Pradesh
Vidhan Sabha, Uttar Pradesh
4. Consumer Protection Act, 2019 comes into force The Consumer Protection Act,2019 comes in to force from today i.e. 20th July 2020. While briefing the media about the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 through video conference here today, the Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan said that this new Act will empower consumers and help them in protecting their rights through its various no
5. Shaheed Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940) Shaheed Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940) was a revolutionary belonging to the Ghadar Party, best known for his assassination in London of Michael O'Dwyer, the former lieutenant governor of the Punjab in India, on 13 March 1940. The assassination was in revenge for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre in Amritsar in 1919 for which O'Dwyer was responsible. Singh was subsequently tried and convicted of murder and hanged in July 1940. While in custody, he used the name Mo
6. Dhanpat Rai Shrivastava - (31st July 1880 - 8th October 1936) Dhanpat Rai Shrivastava - (31st July 1880 - 8th October 1936), better known by his pen name Munshi Premchandwas an Indian writer famous for his modern Hindustani literature. He is one of the most celebrated writers of the Indian subcontinent, and is regarded as one of the foremost Hindi writers of the early twentieth century. His novels include Godaan, Karmabhoomi, Gaban, Mansarovar, Idgah. He published his first collection of five short stories in 1907 in a book called Soz-e Watan.
7. Consumer Welfare Fund The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 had set in motion a consumer movement in the country. The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 which came into effect from 20th July 2020, and replaces the Consumer Protection Act of 1986 would give greater fillip to the ongoing consumer movement in the country.The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 provides for establishment of the Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) to promote, protect and enforce the rights of consumers as a class. The Act provides for simpli
8. July 31, 2020 Google Celebrating Pacita Abad Today’s Doodle celebrates Philippine artist, feminist, and activist Pacita Abad, renowned for her bold use of color and mixed media as well as her use of art to address global themes. On this day in 1984, Abad made history as the first woman to receive the Philippines’ prestigious Ten Outstanding Young Men award.
Pacita Abad was born on October 5th, 1
9. Indian Independence Movement Indian Independence Movement
The Indian independence movement encompasses the efforts to free India from British rule from the Nineteenth Century until the granting of Independence in 1947. The Independence Movement involved a range of different strategies from revolutionary acts of violence, to peaceful non-violent protests.
Leaders of the Independence movement
10. World Metrology Day - 20 May The theme for World Metrology Day 2020 is Measurements for global trade.
This theme was chosen to create awareness of the important role measurement plays in facilitating fair global trade, ensuring products meet standards and regulations, and satisfying customer quality expectations.
Indeed more widely metrology, the science of measurement, plays a central role in scientific discovery and innovation, industrial manufacturing and international trade, in improving the
11. INDIAN STATES AND IMPORTANT FESTIVALS INDIAN STATES AND IMPORTANT FESTIVALS
Zatra at Cansaulim
Feast of St. Francis Xavier
Feast of Immaculate Conception,
Goa Liberation Day.
Losar, Himachal Day
12. Nobel Laureates Nobel Laureates
Amartya Sen (b-1933): Prof. Amartya Sen is the recipient of the Nobel Prize for Economics for the year 1998, becoming the first Asian to have been honoured with the award. The Santiniketanborn economist who is a pioneer in Welfare Economics has to his credit several books and papers on aspects of welfare and development. An economist with a difference, Prof. Sen is a humanist. He has distinguished himself with his outstanding writings on
13. List of First in India List of First in India
● First Governor-General of Independent India—Lord Lewis Mountbatten
● Indian Governor-General of Independent India—Chakravarti Rajgopalachari
● Chief of the Indian Armed Forces—General K. M. Carriappa
● Field Marshall—General S. H. F. J. Manekshaw
● President—Dr. Rajendra Prasa
14. HARYANA CIRCLE PA /SA EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014) HARYANA CIRCLE PA /SA EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
1. How many teams are participating in IPL 2014?
2. Who is the deputy speaker of Lok Sabha at present?
Ans.: Kariya Munda
3. Who is presently the chairman of the finance commission?
Ans.: Dr Vijay L Khelkar
Yv Reddy is the chairman of 14 Finance commission. But now 13th commission is on running .
15. Famous Airports in India Famous Airports in India
Amritsar international airport - Punjab
Indira Gandhi international airport - New Delhi
Lokpriya Gopinath Bordolio international airport - Guwahati
Sardar Vallabhai Patel international airport - Gujarat
Netaji Subash Chandra Bose international airport - Kolkata
Chhatrapati Shivaji international airport - Mumbai
Hyderabad Airport - Hyderabad
Goa Airport - Goa
Chennai international airport -
16. Amazing Facts about the Human Body Amazing Facts about the Human Body
1. A Human baby has over 300 bones (60 more than adults). With the passage of time some bones get dissolved inside and some get joined with others.
2. At the point when a pregnant lady endures organ harm, (for example, a heart assault), the hatchling sends undeveloped cells to the harmed organ to help repair it. Furthermore ladies who have beforehand been pregnant show neurological insurance against specific infections.
17. History of Indian Postal System History of Indian Postal System
Year — Work
1766 — Establishment of first Indian Postal system by Lord Clive in India.
1774 — Establishment of first G.P.O. in Kolkata by Warren Hastings.
1786 — Establishment of Madras G.P.O.
1793 — Establishment of G.P.O. at Mumbai
1854 — On Oct
18. National Highways in India National Highways in India
The complete list of National Highways in India
NH 1 (km. 456) – Delhi to Amritsar and Indo-Pak Border
NH 1A (km. 663) – Jalandhar to Uri
NH 1B (km. 274) – Batote to Khanbal
NH 1C (km. 8) – Domel to Katra
NH 1D (km. 422) – Srinagar to Kargil to Leh
NH 2 (km. 1,465) – Delhi to Dankuni
NH 2A (km. 25) &
19. General Knowledge Questions About Sports General Knowledge Questions About Sports
1. Who is the leading wicket taker in the history of Test cricket —Shane Warne
2. What can be the maximum length of a cricket bat —32'
3. What is the distance between popping crease and stumps on cricket pitch —3½ ft
4. With Which game/sport is 'Popping crease' associated —Cricket
21. AWARDS AND THEIR RELATED FIELDS AWARDS AND THEIR RELATED FIELDS
Bharat Ratna: It is the highest civilian award of the India. The award was given for outstanding achievements in the arts, literature, science and public services but the government expanded the criteria to include "any field of human endeavor". The number of annual awards is restricted to a maximum of three in a particular year.
Nobel Prize: The Nobel Prize is widely regarde
22. List of World Heritage Sites in India List of World Heritage Sites in India
● Agra Fort (1983)
● Ajanta Caves (1983)
● Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi (1989)
● Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park (2004)
● Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly Victoria Terminus) (2004)
● Churches and Convents of Goa (1986)
● Elephanta Caves (1987)
● Ellora Caves (1983)
● Fatehpur Sikri (1986)
● Great Living Chola T
23. DELHI CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014) DELHI CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
1) Which one of the following minerals is contained in the Monazite sand of Kerala?
2) The largest sugarcane producing country in the world is:
3) This refers the amount that the commercial banks require to maintain in the form of gold or government approved securities before providing credit to customers:
24. Chhattisgarh Patwari Exam Solved Question Paper (Exam Held on: 15-01-2017) Chhattisgarh Patwari Exam Solved Question Paper (Exam Held on: 15-01-2017)
1. Which is not the objective of scrapping the Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes?
(a) To abolish black money
(b) To eliminate corruption
(c) To accelerate the economic growth
(d) None of the above
(Ans : c)
2. Which sector has more growth rate to accelerate the industrial growth of India in 2015-16?
25. Indian Railway at a Glance Indian Railway at a Glance
1831-33 : A thought to create railway development for the transportation between Madras and Bangalore cropped up.
1844 : R. S. Stephenson thought of creating East India Railway.
1845-46 : Survey work for new rail line for Calcutta–Delhi.
1848-49 : Construction of Howrah and Raniganj rail line.
27 ICMR Scientist-E and Scientist-D Recruitment 2020#Scientist & Research2 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) under Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India invites online application on prescribed format from Indian nationals for recruitment and filling up these Government Job Vacancy posts of Scientist-E, Scientist-D (Medical/Non-Medical) in various disciplines. (Advertisement No. ICMR/Sc-E & Sc-D/2020/2-Pers.)
ICMR Scientist Recruitment 2020 Vacancies
28 Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM#Jobs8 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM
NIFTEM invites online application in the prescribed format for the recruitment of the following Non-Teaching Sarkari Naukri vacancy in NIFTEM in various disciplines in the office of NIFTEM. This is Government Job in Haryana State. (Advertisement No. N/HR&/H/2020/31)
29 Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC#SSC12 Days Remaining for Apply Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) Examination 2020 from 12/04/2020 to 17/04/2020 for Recruitment of various Group-C Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy (Tier-I) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
30 ICMR Assistant Vacancy Recruitment 2020 #Scientist & Research0 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi has entered into a memorandum of understanding with the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh for holding of Computer Based Test (CBT) Recruitment Examination/Test for Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Assistants (Group-B Level-6) of ICMR by PGIMER, Chandigarh.
31 Himachal PSC Principal Officer Recruitment 2020 #Himachal Pradesh1 Days Remaining for Apply Online Recruitment Applications (ORA) are invited by Himachal Pradesh (HP) Public Service Commission (PSC) from desirous and eligible candidates for recruitment to the following Government Job Sarkari Naukri Vacancies of Principal (B.Pharma), Planning Officer, and Veterinary Officer Vacancy under various Departments, Himachal Pradesh (Advertisement No. 07/10-/2020, 09/10-2020 and 10/10-2020).
32 UP PSC Regional Inspector (Technical) Examination 2020#Uttar Pradesh0 Days Remaining for Apply UP PSC Regional Inspector (Technical) Examination 2020
Online applications on the prescribed format are invited by Uttar Pradesh (UP) Public Service Commission (PSC), Prayagraj for Recruitment of Government Job (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy posts of Regional Inspector (Technical) (सम्भागीय निरीक्षक (प्राविधिक)) under Regional Inspector (Technical) Examination 2020 for Transport Department of Government of Uttar Pradesh (Advt. No.: A- ...
34 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 14/2020 #UPSC0 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 03/12/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty - Assistant Professor Medical), Nurse, Assistant Director etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (UPSC Advt. No. 14/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Recruitment 14/2020 Vacancies
37 Job Vacancy Recruitment in NPS Trust 2020 #Sarkari Naukri18 Days Remaining for Apply National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust) is established by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA/Authority). NPS Trust invites applications from eligible Indian citizens for recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Managers on direct recruitment basis. (Advertisement No. 1/2020-21)
National Pension System Trust Jobs Recruitment 2020
40 2000 Probationary Officer Recruitment in SBI#Bank1 Days Remaining for Apply State Bank of India (SBI) invites Online applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment for the recruitment of the following 2000 Sarkari Naukri vacancy position of Probationary Officers (PO) in State Bank of India (SBI) on regular basis for the year 2020-21. (Advertisement no. CRPD/PO/2020-21/12)
SBI, a Fortune 500 company, has an overseas presence t ...
43 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 15/2020 #UPSC14 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 17/12/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Statistical Officer etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (UPSC Advt. No. 15/2020).
44 Professor Economics Management Recruitment in DTU Delhi 2020#Faculty & Teaching17 Days Remaining for Apply Delhi Technological University (DTU) invites online applications from talented individuals to recruitment and fill up the Sarkari Naukri Faculty vacancy posts of Professors in the disciplines of Economics and Management by direct mode of recruitment at the University School of Management & Entrepreneurship (USME) in DTU Delhi. (Advt. No. F.DTU/Recruitment/03-2020/F-885/1475)
DTU Economics Management Professor Recruitment 2020