1831-33 : A thought to create railway development for the transportation between Madras and Bangalore cropped up.
1844 : R. S. Stephenson thought of creating East India Railway.
1845-46 : Survey work for new rail line for Calcutta–Delhi.
1848-49 : Construction of Howrah and Raniganj rail line.
1850 : Construction of Indian Peninsular Railway company for rail line between Bombay thane and Calcutta–Mirzapur rail line began.
1853 : Inauguration of Indian Railway on 16 April, 1853 by running train between Boribundar (Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus) and Thane.
1854 : 24 miles railway line EIR, between Howrah Hoogely opened on 15 August.
1856 : Madras Railway company opened Madras Arkonam for passenger transportation.
1857 : Northern Railway began its first train between Allahabad and Kanpur on March.
1860 : Morse Telegraph Telecommunication started by Indian Railway.
1860-68 : Immediate Guarantee System began East Indian Railway Great India Peninsula Bombay Baroda and Central India Railway and Madras states Railway participated in it.
1869-81 : Under new system state government were authorised to lay rail lines.
1890 : Indian Railway Act passed.
1905 : Formation of Railway Board.
1922 : Re organisation of Railway and more right were given.
1924 : Rail Budget was separated from General Budget.
1925 : E.I.R and GIPR were given separate place and right in railway management.
1925 : First rail electrification of Harbour branch of Bombay with 1500 volt DC.
1928 : Electrification of Bombay Suburban Section of B.B. & C.I.R.
1931 : Electrification of Madras suburban section.
1937 : India got 3200 km long rail line on separation of Burma from India.
1939-42 : Security material for world war produced in railway workshops.
1942 : War transport established.
1947 : 11,200 km long rail line to Pakistan.
1950 : First steam engine manufactured by Chitranjan locomotive.
1950 : Nationalization of Indian Railway.
1953 : Railway centenary celebrated throughout the country.
1955 : First diesel locomotive plied on metre gauge in Neville and Gandhidham section.
1955 : Coach factory established in Perambur.
1957 : Bombay Madras rail line from 25 KVAC inaugurated, Railway security Force Act passed.
1958 : Electrification of Howrah–Vardhman section.
1961 : First electric engine Lokmanya was manufactured by Chitranjan Locomotive.
1962 : First electric train ran between Bombay and Pune.
1964 : Kunjaru Committee organised to bring reforms in Rail administration.
1964 : Production started in Diesel Locomotive works Varanasi.
1970 : First combined planning of Railway (1970-85) started.
1972 : Manufacturing of steam engines stopped in Chitranjan Rail Engine Factory from 5 February, Jammu appeared on Indian railway map.
1974 : Third class in railway banished.
1976 : IRCON established in April.
1977 : Railway Time Table ‘Train At a Glance’ launched.
1979 : Central organisation for modernisation of workshop established.
1978 : Double Decker train service ‘Panchvati Express’ began between Bombay–Pune on 12 April.
1982 : Palace on Wheel started.
1984 : Metro train inaugurated in Calcutta.
1985 : Nation's first computerised reservation center began in New Delhi on 15 November, 1985, second combined planning (1985–2000) began.
1986 : Indian Railway Finance Corporation established.
1987 : Center for Railway Information Service established in New Delhi.
1988 : Indian Rail Electricity Institute established in Nasik optical fiber Communication Service started between Churchgate–Virat in 1988. India’s first Shatabdi Express New Delhi–Jhansi) launched.
1989 : Formation of Railway Time Committee and Railway Dhaba Authority.
1990 : Goods passengers train service began between India and Bangladesh.
1991 : First train service in Mizoram from Bhai Rabi station began on 6 March ‘Palace on Wheels’ started with new decore.
1992 : RFFC established. ‘Apna Wagon’ scheme began. For the first time in the world first women special Train between Churchgate–Borivallie on 5 May started.
1993 : Sleeper class began on 1st April. Formation of Ojha Committee to solve the problems of Konkan railway
1994 : Rail passengers Insurance Scheme launched. First Rail Bus service began between Medata road and Medata city of Northern Railway.
1995 : Metro rail began between Tollyganj and Damdam on 27 September. 1995 was celebrated as ‘Rail Consumer year’.
1996 : 6 new regional rails formed in Hubali, Hajipur, Jaipur, Bhuvneshwar, Allahabad and Jabalpur. Formation of Delhi Metro Rail corporation Ltd. On 4 March, the name Mumbai VT changed to Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus.
1997 : Telephone service based on satellite started in August Kranti Express on 15 April.
1998 : Konkan railway fully in operation from 26 January. On 1 May Prime Minister dedicated to the nation. Walky–Talky communication between guards and drivers began. 3 phase Electric engines of 6000 HP began to be manufactured indigenously. ‘Fairy Queen’ got place in Guinness Book for having the oldest Steam engine in working condition.
1999 : At Delhi railway station, worlds, biggest route relay interlinking began. Darjeeling Himalayan Railway declared world heritage by UNESCO. Nilgiri Mountain Railway celebrated its centenary.
2000 : Online rail information system started first time at the Church gate head office on 29 April. On 17 December at Kota station of western railway first time automatic charting system inaugurated.
2001 : 22-28 January. BNR Hotel, Puri celebrated its platinum jubilee. On 24 February, at Chennai station first time Internet Trade Center was opened. On 5 November, Western railway celebrated its golden jubilee
2002 : On the beginning of 150th year of Indian Railway on 15 April, in a special programme. Mascot Bholuguard and special monogram launched.
2003 : On 5 January Western Railway celebrated golden jubilee of its Electric Rail Service. On 15 February the name of ‘Wheel and Axil factory’ changed as Rail wheel factory. On 1 May for the first time RailTel began broadband in the moving train in the world.
2004 : UNESCO declared Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus as world heritage.
2005 : Nilgiri Mountain Rail was declared world heritage by UNESCO. E-ticketing began in all the trains.
2006 : ‘Anumati Yojna’ began to run passenger train from 26 January. A.C. facility for general public at lower prices began.
2007 : Throughout the country with 139 Telephones Extensive Railway Enquiry began.
2008 : First train service started in Kashmir Valley on 11, October.
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Some interesting facts about Vikaram Sarabhai Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai
(12 August 1919 – 30 December 1971) was an Indian physicist and astronomer who initiated space research and helped develop nuclear power in India. He was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 1966 and the Padma Vibhushan (posthumously) in 1972. He is internationally regarded as the Father of the Indian Space Program.
Some interesting facts about Vikaram Sa
2. Science in Vedas Science in Vedas
Science in Vedas
The core foundation of Hindu belief is that Vedas contain source of all knowledge – physical or metaphysical. However in last 100 odd years, this belief has come under scrutiny due to the advances that modern science claims to make.
3. Uttar Pradesh : Apex Bodies and Departments Uttar Pradesh : Apex Bodies and Departments
Hon'ble Governor , Uttar Pradesh
Hon'ble Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh
Government of Uttar Pradesh
Vidhan Sabha, Uttar Pradesh
4. Consumer Protection Act, 2019 comes into force The Consumer Protection Act,2019 comes in to force from today i.e. 20th July 2020. While briefing the media about the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 through video conference here today, the Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan said that this new Act will empower consumers and help them in protecting their rights through its various no
5. Shaheed Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940) Shaheed Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940) was a revolutionary belonging to the Ghadar Party, best known for his assassination in London of Michael O'Dwyer, the former lieutenant governor of the Punjab in India, on 13 March 1940. The assassination was in revenge for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre in Amritsar in 1919 for which O'Dwyer was responsible. Singh was subsequently tried and convicted of murder and hanged in July 1940. While in custody, he used the name Mo
6. Dhanpat Rai Shrivastava - (31st July 1880 - 8th October 1936) Dhanpat Rai Shrivastava - (31st July 1880 - 8th October 1936), better known by his pen name Munshi Premchandwas an Indian writer famous for his modern Hindustani literature. He is one of the most celebrated writers of the Indian subcontinent, and is regarded as one of the foremost Hindi writers of the early twentieth century. His novels include Godaan, Karmabhoomi, Gaban, Mansarovar, Idgah. He published his first collection of five short stories in 1907 in a book called Soz-e Watan.
7. What is Mission Karmayogi? Dubbed as the biggest bureaucratic reform initiative, the Union Cabinet Wednesday approved ‘Mission Karmayogi’, a new capacity-building scheme for civil servants aimed at upgrading the post-recruitment training mechanism of the officers and employees at all levels.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said this exercise will “radically” improve the government’s human resource management practices and asserted it will use state-of-the-art infrastructure to
8. Consumer Welfare Fund The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 had set in motion a consumer movement in the country. The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 which came into effect from 20th July 2020, and replaces the Consumer Protection Act of 1986 would give greater fillip to the ongoing consumer movement in the country.The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 provides for establishment of the Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) to promote, protect and enforce the rights of consumers as a class. The Act provides for simpli
9. July 31, 2020 Google Celebrating Pacita Abad Today’s Doodle celebrates Philippine artist, feminist, and activist Pacita Abad, renowned for her bold use of color and mixed media as well as her use of art to address global themes. On this day in 1984, Abad made history as the first woman to receive the Philippines’ prestigious Ten Outstanding Young Men award.
Pacita Abad was born on October 5th, 1
10. Indian Independence Movement Indian Independence Movement
The Indian independence movement encompasses the efforts to free India from British rule from the Nineteenth Century until the granting of Independence in 1947. The Independence Movement involved a range of different strategies from revolutionary acts of violence, to peaceful non-violent protests.
Leaders of the Independence movement
11. Mohammed Rafi (24 December 1924 – 31 July 1980) Mohammed Rafi (24 December 1924 – 31 July 1980) was an Indian playback singer. He is considered as one of the greatest and most influential singers of the Indian subcontinent. Rafi was notable for his voice, versatility and range; his songs were varied from fast peppy numbers to patriotic songs, sad numbers to highly romantic songs, qawwalis to ghazals and bhajans to classical songs. He was known for his ability to mould his voice to the persona and style of an actor, lip-syncing t
12. World Metrology Day - 20 May The theme for World Metrology Day 2020 is Measurements for global trade.
This theme was chosen to create awareness of the important role measurement plays in facilitating fair global trade, ensuring products meet standards and regulations, and satisfying customer quality expectations.
Indeed more widely metrology, the science of measurement, plays a central role in scientific discovery and innovation, industrial manufacturing and international trade, in improving the
13. GOVT. OFFICIAL RESIDENCES GOVT. OFFICIAL RESIDENCES
1. » American President - White House 2. » Brazil President - Alvorada
3. » Britain Prime Minister - 10, Downing Street
4. » Canada Prime Minister - 24 Sussex Drive
5. » French President - Elysee Palace
6. » Germany President -&
14. INDIAN STATES AND IMPORTANT FESTIVALS INDIAN STATES AND IMPORTANT FESTIVALS
Zatra at Cansaulim
Feast of St. Francis Xavier
Feast of Immaculate Conception,
Goa Liberation Day.
Losar, Himachal Day
15. List of First in India List of First in India
● First Governor-General of Independent India—Lord Lewis Mountbatten
● Indian Governor-General of Independent India—Chakravarti Rajgopalachari
● Chief of the Indian Armed Forces—General K. M. Carriappa
● Field Marshall—General S. H. F. J. Manekshaw
● President—Dr. Rajendra Prasa
16. Nobel Laureates Nobel Laureates
Amartya Sen (b-1933): Prof. Amartya Sen is the recipient of the Nobel Prize for Economics for the year 1998, becoming the first Asian to have been honoured with the award. The Santiniketanborn economist who is a pioneer in Welfare Economics has to his credit several books and papers on aspects of welfare and development. An economist with a difference, Prof. Sen is a humanist. He has distinguished himself with his outstanding writings on
17. POWER PLANTS IN INDIA POWER PLANTS IN INDIA
Nuclear power in India
Nuclear power is the fourth-largest source of electricity in India after thermal, hydroelectric and renewable sources of electricity. As of 2012, India has 20 nuclear reactors in operation in six nuclear power plants, generating 4,780 MW while seven other reactors are under construction and are expected to generate an additional 5,300 MW. In October 2010, India drew up "an
18. HARYANA CIRCLE PA /SA EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014) HARYANA CIRCLE PA /SA EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
1. How many teams are participating in IPL 2014?
2. Who is the deputy speaker of Lok Sabha at present?
Ans.: Kariya Munda
3. Who is presently the chairman of the finance commission?
Ans.: Dr Vijay L Khelkar
Yv Reddy is the chairman of 14 Finance commission. But now 13th commission is on running .
19. COMMITTEES OF THE CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY COMMITTEES OF THE CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY
The Constituent Assembly appointed a number of committees to deal with different tasks of constitution-making. Out of these, eight were major committees and the others were minor committees.
The names of these committees and their chairmen are given below :
1. Union Powers Committee - Jawaharlal Nehru
2. Union Constitution Committee - Jawaharlal
20. History of Indian Postal System History of Indian Postal System
Year — Work
1766 — Establishment of first Indian Postal system by Lord Clive in India.
1774 — Establishment of first G.P.O. in Kolkata by Warren Hastings.
1786 — Establishment of Madras G.P.O.
1793 — Establishment of G.P.O. at Mumbai
1854 — On Oct
21. General Knowledge Questions About Sports General Knowledge Questions About Sports
1. Who is the leading wicket taker in the history of Test cricket —Shane Warne
2. What can be the maximum length of a cricket bat —32'
3. What is the distance between popping crease and stumps on cricket pitch —3½ ft
4. With Which game/sport is 'Popping crease' associated —Cricket
23. AWARDS AND THEIR RELATED FIELDS AWARDS AND THEIR RELATED FIELDS
Bharat Ratna: It is the highest civilian award of the India. The award was given for outstanding achievements in the arts, literature, science and public services but the government expanded the criteria to include "any field of human endeavor". The number of annual awards is restricted to a maximum of three in a particular year.
Nobel Prize: The Nobel Prize is widely regarde
24. List of World Heritage Sites in India List of World Heritage Sites in India
● Agra Fort (1983)
● Ajanta Caves (1983)
● Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi (1989)
● Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park (2004)
● Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly Victoria Terminus) (2004)
● Churches and Convents of Goa (1986)
● Elephanta Caves (1987)
● Ellora Caves (1983)
● Fatehpur Sikri (1986)
● Great Living Chola T
25. DELHI CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014) DELHI CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
1) Which one of the following minerals is contained in the Monazite sand of Kerala?
2) The largest sugarcane producing country in the world is:
3) This refers the amount that the commercial banks require to maintain in the form of gold or government approved securities before providing credit to customers:
27 ICMR Scientist-E and Scientist-D Recruitment 2020#Scientist & Research4 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) under Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India invites online application on prescribed format from Indian nationals for recruitment and filling up these Government Job Vacancy posts of Scientist-E, Scientist-D (Medical/Non-Medical) in various disciplines. (Advertisement No. ICMR/Sc-E & Sc-D/2020/2-Pers.)
ICMR Scientist Recruitment 2020 Vacancies
29 Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM#Jobs10 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM
NIFTEM invites online application in the prescribed format for the recruitment of the following Non-Teaching Sarkari Naukri vacancy in NIFTEM in various disciplines in the office of NIFTEM. This is Government Job in Haryana State. (Advertisement No. N/HR&/H/2020/31)
30 Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC#SSC14 Days Remaining for Apply Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) Examination 2020 from 12/04/2020 to 17/04/2020 for Recruitment of various Group-C Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy (Tier-I) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
31 ICMR Assistant Vacancy Recruitment 2020 #Scientist & Research2 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi has entered into a memorandum of understanding with the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh for holding of Computer Based Test (CBT) Recruitment Examination/Test for Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Assistants (Group-B Level-6) of ICMR by PGIMER, Chandigarh.
32 Himachal PSC Principal Officer Recruitment 2020 #Himachal Pradesh3 Days Remaining for Apply Online Recruitment Applications (ORA) are invited by Himachal Pradesh (HP) Public Service Commission (PSC) from desirous and eligible candidates for recruitment to the following Government Job Sarkari Naukri Vacancies of Principal (B.Pharma), Planning Officer, and Veterinary Officer Vacancy under various Departments, Himachal Pradesh (Advertisement No. 07/10-/2020, 09/10-2020 and 10/10-2020).
35 Recruitment of Constable Vacancy in Bihar Police Swabhiman Battalion 2020#Bihar13 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Constable Vacancy in Bihar Police Swabhiman Battalion 2020
Central Selection Board of Constable (CSBC) of Bihar Police invites Online application in the prescribed format from Indian nationals for the following 8415 Sarkari Naukri vacancy of Constables (Male/Female) in Constable grade of Bihar Police (BP), Bihar Military Police (BMP), Specialised India Reserve Battalion (SIRB) and Bihar State Industrial Security Battalion (BSISB) in Bihar s ...
41 Job Vacancy Recruitment in NPS Trust 2020 #Sarkari Naukri20 Days Remaining for Apply National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust) is established by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA/Authority). NPS Trust invites applications from eligible Indian citizens for recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Managers on direct recruitment basis. (Advertisement No. 1/2020-21)
National Pension System Trust Jobs Recruitment 2020
43 Recruitment in KVIC 2020#Jobs14 Days Remaining for Apply The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Govt. of India. KVIC invites Online Applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian citizens for direct recruitment of the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Directors and Deputy Directors in KVIC. (Advt. No. KVIC/Adm./Recruitment/Dir-Dy.Dir. (DR)/2(30)/2020-21)
45 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Jharkhand North-East Punjab states#Jharkhand10 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by Jharkhand, North-East, and Punjab Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the states in Jharkhand, North-East and Punjab states. (Advertisement Numbers - GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS CYCLE – III/2020-2021)
47 2000 Probationary Officer Recruitment in SBI#Bank3 Days Remaining for Apply State Bank of India (SBI) invites Online applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment for the recruitment of the following 2000 Sarkari Naukri vacancy position of Probationary Officers (PO) in State Bank of India (SBI) on regular basis for the year 2020-21. (Advertisement no. CRPD/PO/2020-21/12)
SBI, a Fortune 500 company, has an overseas presence t ...