Posted By educratsweb.com
❄ Government Schemes
🗓 Tuesday December 25 2018 👁 761
Ayushman Bharat is National Health Protection Scheme, which will cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) providing coverage upto 5 lakh rupees per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization. Ayushman Bharat - National Health Protection Mission will subsume the on-going centrally sponsored schemes - Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS).
- Ayushman Bharat - National Health Protection Mission will have a defined benefit cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year.
- Benefits of the scheme are portable across the country and a beneficiary covered under the scheme will be allowed to take cashless benefits from any public/private empanelled hospitals across the country.
- Ayushman Bharat - National Health Protection Mission will be an entitlement based scheme with entitlement decided on the basis of deprivation criteria in the SECC database.
- The beneficiaries can avail benefits in both public and empanelled private facilities.
- To control costs, the payments for treatment will be done on package rate (to be defined by the Government in advance) basis.
- One of the core principles of Ayushman Bharat - National Health Protection Mission is to co-operative federalism and flexibility to states.
- For giving policy directions and fostering coordination between Centre and States, it is proposed to set up Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission Council (AB-NHPMC) at apex level Chaired by Union Health and Family Welfare Minister.
- States would need to have State Health Agency (SHA) to implement the scheme.
- To ensure that the funds reach SHA on time, the transfer of funds from Central Government through Ayushman Bharat - National Health Protection Mission to State Health Agencies may be done through an escrow account directly.
- In partnership with NITI Aayog, a robust, modular, scalable and interoperable IT platform will be made operational which will entail a paperless, cashless transaction.
- At the national level to manage, an Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission Agency (AB-NHPMA) would be put in place. States/ UTs would be advised to implement the scheme by a dedicated entity called State Health Agency (SHA). They can either use an existing Trust/ Society/ Not for Profit Company/ State Nodal Agency (SNA) or set up a new entity to implement the scheme.
- States/ UTs can decide to implement the scheme through an insurance company or directly through the Trust/ Society or use an integrated model.
Ayushman Bharat - National Health Protection Mission will have major impact on reduction of Out of Pocket (OOP) expenditure on ground of:
- Increased benefit cover to nearly 40% of the population, (the poorest & the vulnerable)
- Covering almost all secondary and many tertiary hospitalizations. (except a negative list)
- Coverage of 5 lakh for each family, (no restriction of family size)
This will lead to increased access to quality health and medication. In addition, the unmet needs of the population which remained hidden due to lack of financial resources will be catered to. This will lead to timely treatments, improvements in health outcomes, patient satisfaction, improvement in productivity and efficiency, job creation thus leading to improvement in quality of life.
The expenditure incurred in premium payment will be shared between Central and State Governments in specified ratio as per Ministry of Finance guidelines in vogue. The total expenditure will depend on actual market determined premium paid in States/ UTs where Ayushman Bharat - National Health Protection Mission will be implemented through insurance companies. In States/ UTs where the scheme will be implemented in Trust/ Society mode, the central share of funds will be provided based on actual expenditure or premium ceiling (whichever is lower) in the pre-determined ratio.
Number of Beneficiaries
Ayushman Bharat - National Health Protection Mission will target about 10.74 crore poor, deprived rural families and identified occupational category of urban workers' families as per the latest Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) data covering both rural and urban. The scheme is designed to be dynamic and aspirational and it would take into account any future changes in the exclusion/ inclusion/ deprivation/ occupational criteria in the SECC data.
Ayushman Bharat - National Health Protection Mission will be rolled out across all States/UTs in all districts with an objective to cover all the targeted beneficiaries.
Save this page as PDF
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register
& Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
Ayushman Bharat is National Health Protection SchemePradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana(PMRPY) Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi MandhanDairy Entrepreneurship Development SchemeSukanya Samridhi Yojana (Girl Child Prosperity Scheme)National Service Scheme (NSS)ग्रामीण डाक सेवक (GDS) कैसे बने ?Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan YojanaRashtriya Swasthya Bima YojanaKasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV)Invest 1.5Lakh/yr in PPF Scheme and get 46 lakh. Save Tax too!Crop InsuranceCheck your Eligibility for Ayushman Bharat Medicare Health Yojana – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Abhiyaan – Ayushman Bharat YojanaUnique Disability IDHow the India Post Payments Bank Differs from Post Office Savings Account RNTCP - Government TB Treatment Education & Care NSPPradhan Mantri Ujjwala YojanaPradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee YojanaDeen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana [DDU-GKY] SchemeNational Scheme of Welfare of Fishermen
Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development | Manorama News
Career Info | RGNIYD | Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development
जानिएं महिलाओं के लिए अचूक हेल्थ टिप्स – Women Health Tips in Hindi
Board Exam Strategy 2018 | mp board | CBSE board | health tips for exam time | positive thinking
Health, Beauty & Fashion Tips to Help Prepare for Your Exams
Restore your Computer from crash | Restore Windows in previous date | System Restore Protection
New rules of Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (M.I.S.)2018 in Hindi
Modicare -Spirulina health product demo
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, S.A.S. Nagar and NIPER Joint Entrance Exam, postgraduate (NIPER JEE PG) · 2018
Bhojpuri Holi Songs, Hori Khelat Raghubeer By Bharat Sharma Vyas Full Audio Songs Juke Box
100 expected MCQs from Latest Government Schemes Set 1- Current affairs 2018 UPSC/SSC/PCS/IBPS/CDS
What is Ayushman Bharat Scheme, Eligibility, benefit Launch and earn 15000 Rs monthly,
Easy Study Tips For Students - how to study easy and fast | Ethnic Health Court
Miss World Manushi Chhillar Giving healthy, Fitness & Study Tips and Telling Whats She Follows
Railway Protection Force -RPF 2018 - Salary, Job profile, Exam, Eligibillity, Career Growth