The National Service Scheme (NSS) is a Central Sector Scheme of Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports. It provides opportunity to the student youth of 11th & 12th Class of schools at +2 Board level and student youth of Technical Institution, Graduate & Post Graduate at colleges and University level of India to take part in various government led community service activities & programmes.The sole aim of the NSS is to provide hands on experience to young students in delivering community service. Since inception of the NSS in the year 1969, the number of students strength increased from 40,000 to over 3.8 million up to the end of March 2018 students in various universities, colleges and Institutions of higher learning have volunteered to take part in various community service programmes.
The NSS Badge Proud to Serve the Nation:
All the youth volunteers who opt to serve the nation through the NSS led community service wear the NSS badge with pride and a sense of responsibility towards helping needy.
The Konark wheel in the NSS badge having 8 bars signifies the 24 hours of a the day, reminding the wearer to be ready for the service of the nation round the clock i.e. for 24 hours.
Red colour in the badge signifies energy and spirit displayed by the NSS volunteers.
The Blue colour signifies the cosmos of which the NSS is a tiny part, ready to contribute its share for the welfare of the mankind.
The motto of National Service Scheme is NOT ME BUT YOU
Benefits of Being a NSS Volunteer:
A NSS volunteer who takes part in the community service programme would either be a college level or a senior secondary level student. Being an active member these student volunteers would have the exposure and experience to be the following:
an accomplished social leader
an efficient administrator
a person who understands human nature
National Integration Camp (NIC):
The National Integration Camp (NIC) is organized every year and the duration of each camp is of 7 days with day-night boarding & lodging. These camps are held in different parts of the country. Each camp involves 200 NSS volunteers to undertake the scheduled activities.
Objectives of the National Integration Camp
Make the NSS volunteers aware of the following:
Rich cultural diversity of India
History of our diversified culture
National pride through knowledge about India
To integrate the nation through social service
The camps are held every year which are attended by approximately 1500 NSS volunteers with at least 50% of the volunteers being girl students. These camps are conducted in Himalayan Region in the North and Arunachal Pradesh in North East region. The adventure activities undertaken in these camps includes trekking of mountains, water rafting, Para-sailing and basic skiing.
Objectives of Adventure Program
Promote various adventure activities among NSS volunteers
Infuse the sense of love towards the various regions of India
Enhance leadership qualities, fraternity, team spirit and risk taking capacity.
Improvement of physical and mental strength
Exposure to new vocational possibilities
NSS Republic Day Parade Camp:
The first Republic Day Camp of NSS Volunteers was held in 1988. The camp takes place in Delhi between 1st and 31st January every year with 200 NSS selected volunteers who are good in discipline, March-past and cultural activities.
A Contingent of selected NSS volunteers participates in the Republic Day Parade at Rajpath, New Delhi on 26th of January every year in accordance with the guidelines and requisition of the Ministry of Defence.
Objectives of NSS Republic Day Parade Camp
Enable the volunteers to interact with fellow members hailing from various parts of India.
Experience the tradition, custom, culture, language of all states of India.
Provide a chance to develop overall personality of the Student volunteers.
Constitute the bond of patriotism, national integration, brotherhood and communal harmony.
National Youth Festivals
National Youth Festivals are organized every year from 12th to 16th January by the Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports in collaboration with the State Governments in different parts of the country. Eminent guests, speakers and youth icons are invited to address and interact with about 1500 participating NSS volunteers during the National Youth Festivals.
Objectives of National Youth Festivals
Make the volunteers aware of the various festivals celebrated in the country
Remind the volunteers of the cultural importance of festivals celebrated in our country
Provide a chance to the NSS volunteers to interact with the resource person/speaker/youth icons
National Service Scheme Award
The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India had instituted the National Service Scheme Awards to recognize the voluntary service rendered by NSS volunteers, Programme Officers, N.S.S. units and the university/senior secondary council.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. E-Gram Swaraj Portal With a vision to strengthen digitalization in Panchayats for the purpose of empowering rural India, a unified tool e-Gram SWARAJ portal (https://egramswaraj.gov.in/) has been developed by the Ministry for effective monitoring and evaluation of works taken up in the Gram Panchayats.
e-Gram SWARAJ unifies the planning, accounting and monitoring functions of Gram Panchayats. It’s combination with the Area Profiler application, Local Government Directory (LGD) and the Public Financial Managem
2. More than 9,79,000 mandays of work generated by Indian Railways till 18 September, 2020 under Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyaan Indian Railways has generated 9,79,557 mandays of work till 18 September 2020 under Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyaan in 6 States viz. Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry is closely monitoring the progress made in these projects and generation of work opportunities for the migrant labours of these states under this scheme. Around 164 Railway infrastructure projects are being executed in these state
3. Grant-In-Aid To Rural Local Bodies The Fifteenth Finance Commission (XV FC) in its report for 2020-21 has recommended grants for Rural Local Bodies (RLBs) in 28 States. The grants have been recommended for all tiers of the Panchayati Raj and also to the Fifth and Sixth schedule areas. The grants are provided in two parts, namely, (i) Basic (Untied) Grants and (ii) Tied Grants in the ratio of 50:50. The basic grants are untied and can be used by RLBs for location-specific felt needs, except for salary or other establishment expenditure. Th
4. Application for Domicile for J&K As per the information provided by the Government of Jammu & Kashmir, a total of 21,13,879 persons have applied for Domicile Certificates.
Rule 5 of the J&K Grant of Domicile Certificate (Procedure) Rules, 2020 mandates certain documents which are to be annexed with the application. Those applications which lack the prescribed documents are rejected. The relevant order of the Govt. of Jammu & Kashmir is available on their web site, http
7. Supply of Meals to Students during the Lockdown State Governments and UT Administrations have been advised to provide Food Security Allowance (FSA) comprising of foodgrains, pulses, oil etc (equivalent to cooking cost) to all eligible children till such time as their schools are closed due to aforesaid pandemic. The modalities for this purpose are decided by the respective States and UTs, according to the prevailing circumstances. States and UTs have also been advised to take necessary precautionary measures in view of the situation caused by COVID-19
8. Increase in Salaries of Anganwadi Workers Government has advised public including women to take all precautions for prevention from COVID19, while pursuing professions. Measures such as work from home, on line teaching, tele medicine consultations etc have been encouraged. Anganwadi Workers, ANMs and ASHAs have been engaged in facilitating essential services during COVID19 pendemic.
With effect from 1st October, 2018, the Government has enhanced honorarium to Anganwadi Workers (AWWs) from ₹ 3,000/- to ₹ 4,500/- per month; AWWs at m
9. Scheme for Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs) Launched on 31.07.2020 Scheme for Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs), a sub-scheme under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U), for providing accommodation at affordable rent to urban migrants/ poor has been launched on 31.07.2020 after approval of the Union Cabinet. Following steps have been taken to implement the scheme of ARHCs for urban migrants/poor:
Operational Guidelines of ARHCs along with other implementation framework have been circulated to all States/Union Territories (UTs) for planni
10. Cylinders distributed under PMUY during Corona crisis Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana(PMUY) commenced w.e.f. 01.05.2016 to provide deposit free LPG connections to adult woman of poor households. The target of the same was achieved on 7th September, 2019. Year-wise details of LPG connections released under the Scheme are as under:-
12. Implementation of PM-KISAN Scheme Under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Yojna, the responsibility of identifying the landholder farmer family eligible for benefit under the Scheme and uploading the data of the eligible beneficiaries on the PM-KISAN Portal is that of the States/UT Administrations. The total number of eligible beneficiaries enrolled/uploaded in the PM-KISAN portal as on 17-09-2020 is 11,07,62,287. The State-wise details of eligible beneficiaries uploaded in the PM-KISAN portal since 2019 till date is
13. Success Rate of E-NAM Agriculture Marketing being a state subject, wholesale marketing of agriculture produce is generally carried out through a network of regulated Agriculture Produce Market Committee (APMC) markets promoted by respective Government of State/ Union Territories (UTs) under their respective State/UT APMC Act. Central Government plays a supportive role in agricultural marketing. Small and Marginal farmers sometime face difficulty in direct access to markets due to varied reasons like small amount of marketable
14. Organic Farming in the Country Assistance is provided under different schemes by the Government for promoting organic farming in the country –
1. Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY): The scheme promotes cluster based organic farming with PGS certification. Cluster formation, training, certification and marketing are supported under the scheme. Assistance of Rs.50,000 per ha /3 years is provided out of which 62% i.e., Rs. 31,000 is given as incentive to a farmer towards organic inputs.
15. Beneficial Cropping Patterns The cropping pattern is dependent on various factors viz. agro-climatic conditions of the region, availability of resources, market forces, socio-economic conditions of the farmers, demand and supply of agricultural produce etc. Accordingly, Government of India has been emphasizing promotion of various crops/cropping system viz. rice, wheat, pulses, coarse cereals, nutri cereals& commercial crops under National Food Security Mission (NFSM), oilseeds under NFSM-Oilseeds, horticultural crops under Miss
16. Use of Chemicals and Pesticides for Ripening of Fruits As per the information provided by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare; sub-regulation 2.3.5 of Food Safety and Standards (Prohibition and Restriction on Sales) Regulations, 2011 is related to “Prohibition of use of Calcium Carbide in ripening of fruits”. According to this sub regulation, “No person shall sell or offer or expose for sale or have in his premises for the purpose of sale under any description, fruits which have be
17. Setting up of Agriculture Infrastructure Fund Hon’ble Finance Minister announced on 15.05.2020 a Rs 1 lakh crore Agri Infrastructure Fund for farm-gate infrastructure for farmers. Accordingly, Central Sector Scheme of Financing Facility under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund was approved by Cabinet on 08.07.2020.
The scheme shall provide a medium - long term debt financing facility for investment in viable projects for post-harvest management Infrastructure and community farming assets through interest subvention and financial
18. Damage to Crops due to Locust Attack During 2019-20, locust attack was reported in some districts of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Rajasthan Government has reported that a total area of 1,79,584 hectares of 8 districts of the state was affected by locust attack during 2019-20. The State Government of Gujarat has reported that crop loss due to locust attack was observed in a total area of 19,313 hectares of 2 districts of the State during the year 2019-20.
During 2020-21, the locust incursions were reported in 10 States of Raj
20. Urea is being provided to farmers at a statutory notified Maximum Retail Price :Shri Gowda The Minister of Chemicals & Fertilizers Shri DV Sadananda Gowda has informed the Rajya Sabha in a written reply today that Government of India has notified fertilizer as an essential commodity under the Essential Commodities Act, 1955(ECA) and notified Fertilizer (Control) Order (FCO), 1985 & Fertilizer (Movement Control) Order, 1973 under the EC Act. He added that State Governments have been adequately empowered to ensure selling of fertilizers at notified MRP besides stopping black
21. NCL Donates Rs. 5 Crores to Uttar Pradesh for Purchase of 50 Ambulances In a big support to help fight Covid-19, National miner Coal India arm Northern Coalfields Ltd (NCL) has donated Rs. Five (05) crores to the state of Uttar Pradesh for procurement of 50 Ambulances. NCL CMD Shri Prabhat Kumar Sinha and Director (Personnel) Shri Bimlendu Kumar handed over a cheque of the said amount to the UP Chief Minister Shri Yogi Adityanathin Lucknowtoday.
“NCL's coal operations are in UP and MP States. I have assured Hon’ble CM that NCL will keep supplying pl
22. Amendments in Public Procurement (Preference to Make in India) Order, 2017 The Government of India has amended the Public Procurement (Preference to Make in India) Order, 2017 on 16.09.2020, enabling nodal Ministries/ Departments to notify higher minimum local content requirement for Class-I & Class-II local suppliers which was earlier fixed at 50% and 20% respectively.
As per the Order, entities of countries which do not allow Indian companies to participate in their Government procurement for any item, shall not be allowed to participate in Government p
23. Funds to Boost Agriculture Exports As a part of implementation of the Agriculture Export Policy, a number of States have finalized their respective Action Plans identifying various infrastructure gaps affecting agricultural exports. To address these gaps, the States can avail assistance under the Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme (TIES) of Department of Commerce and under various existing Schemes of Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare; Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying; Ministry of Food Processing Indus
24. One District One Product Concept for Encouraging Domestic Manufacturing Based on strengths of a district and National Priorities, One District One Product (ODOP) is seen as a transformational step forward towards realizing the true potential of a district, fuel economic growth and generate employment and rural entrepreneurship, taking us to the goal of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat. In this contest, an interaction with all States and UTs was held on 27th August, 2020 to discuss the implementation of One District One Product initiative, and Department for Promotion of Industry a
25. Steps to Promote Export during Pandemic Since March 2020, during COVID-19 pandemic, regular meetings were held with the Export Promotion Councils (EPCs), Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Industry bodies and Associations to discuss issues and problems faced by the exporters and ways to promote exports during the pandemic. The issues raised by them were taken up with the concerned Ministries/Departments for an early redressal.
Government has taken the following key steps to boost exports:
The validity of Foreign Tra
26 Recruitment of Assistant Sub-Inspector and Sergeants in Bihar Police by BPSSC#Bihar3 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Assistant Sub-Inspector and Sergeants in Bihar Police by BPSSC
Bihar Police Subordinate Services Commission (BPSSC) invites online application on prescribed format for Direct Recruitment to the Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts ofSub Inspectors and Sergeants in Bihar Police. (Advertisement No. 3/2020).
BPSSC Bihar PoliceSub Inspectors and Sergeants Recruitment 2020 Vacancies
Sub-Inspector (Steno): 1998 vacancies, Pay Level-6 ₹35400 ...
29 Recruitment of Non-Teaching Officer vacancy in IIT Kharagpur 2020#West Bengal0 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Non-Teaching Officer vacancy in IIT Kharagpur 2020
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur (West Bengal), an Institute of National Importance and the first and largest in the chain of IITs engaged in teaching, research and development.
IIT Kharagpur invites online application on prescribed format from Indian nationals for following 12 Officer Non-Teaching Sarkari Naukri Vacancy in IIT Kharagpur. (Advertisement No.: R/07/2020): ...
32 Recruitment of Executive Engineer Civil by Odisha PSC 2020#Odisha14 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Executive Engineer Civil by Odisha PSC 2020
Online applications on prescribed recruitment form are invited by Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) from the prospective candidates for recruitment to the following latest Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil) Group-A in the Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water Department of Government of Odisha. (Advt. No. 04/2020-21)
35 Faculty and Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in NIPER Raebareli#Faculty & Teaching3 Days Remaining for Apply Faculty and Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in NIPER Raebareli
Online Applications on prescribed format are invited at NIPER Raebareli (Uttar Pradesh) from the eligible Indian Nationals for Direct Recruitment/ Deputation for the Teaching Faculty and Non-Teaching Government Job vacancy posts on regular basis through open competition in NIPER Raebareli. (Advt. No. NIPER-R/Recruit/01/2019-20)
NIPER Raebareli Faculty Non-Teaching Recruitment 2020
36 Constable Tradesman Vacancy Recruitment in SSB 2020#Defense & Police6 Days Remaining for Apply Constable Tradesman Vacancy Recruitment in SSB 2020
Online Application on prescribed format are invited from Indian male citizens for filling up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Constable Tradesman in various discipline in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India 2020 (Advertisement No. 338/RC/SSB/Combined Advertisement/CTs/2020) SarkariNaukriBlog
SSB Constable Tradesman Vacancy 2020 - Table of Content
37 Recruitment of Job Vacancy in Punjab Water Supply and Sanitation Department 2020#Punjab3 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Job Vacancy in Punjab Water Supply and Sanitation Department 2020
Department of Water Supply and Sanitation (DWSS) of Government of Punjab invites application through Online Application Forms from eligible candidates for recruitment to the following latest Sarkari Naukri Govt. Job vacancy posts of Specialists, Coordinators and Facilitators on a Contract Basis in the Department of Water Supply and Sanitation of Government of Punjab. (Advt. N ...
40 Xth (10th) CRP for Clerk Vacancy in PSU Banks by IBPS#Bank2 Days Remaining for Apply Xth (10th) CRP for Clerk Vacancy in PSU Banks by IBPS
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will conduct Xth (10th) Online Common Recruitment Process (CRP), Preliminary and Main Examination for the year 2021-21 for recruitment and selection of personnel for Clerical Cadre Government Job vacancy Posts in participating Public Sector Bank or any other Financial Institution tentatively in the month of December 2020 and January 2021 through Xth (10th) CRP for Cl ...
43 Recruitment of Assistant Professors Engineering College Vacancy by Bihar PSC 2020#Bihar9 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Assistant Professors Engineering College Vacancy by Bihar PSC 2020
Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) invites Online Applications from Indian Citizens for the recruitment 2020 of following Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Assistant Professors in various subjects/disciplines for State Engineering Colleges in the state of Bihar for Science and Technology Department of Government of Bihar.
Bihar PSC Assistant Professor of Eng ...
44 Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) Administrative Job Recruitment 2020 Vacancies #Sarkari Naukri5 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications on prescribed format are invited from eligible/qualified candidates to fill up following Administrative Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts in various disciplines and levels in Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) for the year 2020. (Advertisement No. 2/2020/Estt.)
Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), a statutory body under the administrative control of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Govt. of India, is the National Standards Body of India an ...
45 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Odisha and Tamil Nadu states#Sarkari Naukri9 Days Remaining for Apply India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Odisha and Tamil Nadu states
Online applications on prescribed format are invited by Odisha and Tamil Nadu Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the states in Odisha and Tamil Nadu states. (Advertisement Numbers - GRAMIN DAK SEVA ...
49 PNB Specialist Officers Recruitment 2020 #Bank8 Days Remaining for Apply Punjab National Bank (PNB), a Public Sector Banks wherein Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) and United Bank of India (UBI) amalgamated invites online applications on prescribed format from Indian Citizens for the Recruitment of following 535 Specialist Officers Government Job vacancy posts in different disciplines/specialties for its various offices across India for the year 2020.