The Pooled Finance Development Fund Scheme (PFDF) has been set up by the Central Government of India. The main aim of the Government authorities is to provide credit enhancement facilities to Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) based on their credit worthiness. This will enable them to access market borrowings through state-level pooled mechanism. PFDF is to ensure availability of resources to Urban Local Bodies in order to improve urban infrastructure and ultimately attain the goal of self-sustainability.
The growth rates in India that are reflected each financial year are largely driven by the growth in the urban areas and cities. The rural sector in India has limited potential, being majorly dependent on agriculture. Also, the continuous decline observed in the national poverty levels are being determined largely on the basis of urban cities. The Urban Local Bodies are responsible for undertaking majority of the urban infrastructure development projects. They are largely dependent on the funds provided by either the state governments or the local agencies. The poor administration in these local bodies pose a hurdle in financing such projects. They are unable to raise resources from the market/financial institutions for investment in infrastructural projects. In spite of the existing programmes of both the central and the state governments was a continuous gap between the availability and extent of requirements of funds for such projects, more commonly found in small and medium-sized cities. The Government thus, realized the need to provide direct access to capital markets for such cities. In order to make the local bodies self-sufficient and to ensure availability of resources at all times, the Government introduced the Pooled Finance Development Fund Scheme.
Objectives of PFDF
Decentralization of economic growth and power.
Improving infrastructural facilities and creating durable public assets in cities.
Promoting resource generated schemes for Urban Local Bodies to improve overall financial scenario.
The State Level Pooled Finance Mechanism
For implementing the Pooled Finance Development Scheme (PFDF), a state pooled finance entity (SPFE) needs to be established in every state. The SPFE could be a Trust, Special purpose entity, provided that the entity is just a pass through vehicle. The SPFE are expected to exhibit higher degrees of efficiency as compared to Urban local bodies since they will be able to generate goodwill in the bond markets and help the ULB to take advantage of scaled-up operations. With mutual co-operation, the SPFE will also hedge risks against the larger spectrum of activities of the Urban Local Bodies. The Central Government would be responsible for the funding of these State pooled finance entities through the PFDF. The Central Government makes funds available for the PFDF each year. 5 percent of this fund is utilized for project development assistance while, the remaining 95 percent would be utilized for the contribution to the Credit Rating Enhancement Fund (CREF) to improve the credit rating of the municipal bonds to investment grade. The cost of each project of the Municipality/ULBs will be estimated. 75 percent of these costs will be reimbursed by the Central Government and 25 percent by the state governments. The contribution by the Central Government will be one time in nature. It will comprise 10 percent of the proposed amount of bond issue or 50 percent of the CREF requirement as determined by a credit rating agency, whichever is less. In the event of default of the CREF, the Central Government will not be held responsible and the denouncement will be on the credit rating agency guaranteeing the ULB. At the maturity of the bonds issued, the share of the Center and state in the CREF will rest with the state entities for further leveraging of funds for infrastructure investment in Municipalities. The SPFE will be responsible for the management of accounts of the CREF and it shall not merge it with the accounts of other activities it undertakes. The funds in the CREF will be invested in bonds/notes of Government of India or bonds/accounts of other financial institutions rated by credit agencies as AAA(highest category). The bonds issued under the pooled finance scheme will have tax-free status under the Ministry's Guidelines for tax-free municipal bonds. However, the interest and dividend income earned from the CREF corpus will not be exempt from the levy of Income Tax. In order to provide exemption for the interest on bonds issued by the SPFE the Central Government by notification in the official gazette section 10(15)(vii) of the Income Tax Act has been suitably amended under Finance Act, 2007 enacted on 11 May 2007. Also, the State Pooled Financial Entity (SPFE) has been defined therein to mean such entity which is set up in the accordance with the guidelines of the Pooled Finance Development Scheme notified by the Central Government in the Ministry of Urban Development. Guidelines for SPFEs
Facilitate Urban Local Bodies to access capital and financial market for investment in essential municipal infrastructure.
Reduce the cost of borrowing to local bodies with appropriate credit enhancement measures and through restructuring of existing costly debts.
Facilitate development of Municipal Bond market.
Facilitate the development of bankable urban infrastructural projects.
Responsibilities of SPFEs
Work in close collaboration and co-operation with the Municipalities/Urban Local bodies in urban infrastructural development projects.
Select projects based on viability and priority.
Get appraisal for the projects by recognized credit rating agencies i order to attract larger investment.
Mobilise resources by means of issuing bonds and redirecting funds for investment in projects.
Purchase bonds of ULBs or provide sub-loans to them.
Set up and manage Credit Rating Enhancement Fund (CREF).
Sign appropriate agreements with the Central Government and ULBs/Municipality.
Prepare projects that are technically and financially stable and in tune with environmental norms.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. E-Gram Swaraj Portal With a vision to strengthen digitalization in Panchayats for the purpose of empowering rural India, a unified tool e-Gram SWARAJ portal (https://egramswaraj.gov.in/) has been developed by the Ministry for effective monitoring and evaluation of works taken up in the Gram Panchayats.
e-Gram SWARAJ unifies the planning, accounting and monitoring functions of Gram Panchayats. It’s combination with the Area Profiler application, Local Government Directory (LGD) and the Public Financial Managem
2. More than 9,79,000 mandays of work generated by Indian Railways till 18 September, 2020 under Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyaan Indian Railways has generated 9,79,557 mandays of work till 18 September 2020 under Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyaan in 6 States viz. Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry is closely monitoring the progress made in these projects and generation of work opportunities for the migrant labours of these states under this scheme. Around 164 Railway infrastructure projects are being executed in these state
3. Grant-In-Aid To Rural Local Bodies The Fifteenth Finance Commission (XV FC) in its report for 2020-21 has recommended grants for Rural Local Bodies (RLBs) in 28 States. The grants have been recommended for all tiers of the Panchayati Raj and also to the Fifth and Sixth schedule areas. The grants are provided in two parts, namely, (i) Basic (Untied) Grants and (ii) Tied Grants in the ratio of 50:50. The basic grants are untied and can be used by RLBs for location-specific felt needs, except for salary or other establishment expenditure. Th
4. Insurance coverage to PMJDY account holders Under Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), a free RuPay debit card is provided to the PMJDY account holders with inbuilt accident insurance cover of Rs. 1 lakh. This coverage amount has since been raised from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2 lakh to PMJDY accounts opened after 28.08.2018. This was stated by Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, Union Minister of State for Finance & Corporate Affairs in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Giving more details, the Min
5. Application for Domicile for J&K As per the information provided by the Government of Jammu & Kashmir, a total of 21,13,879 persons have applied for Domicile Certificates.
Rule 5 of the J&K Grant of Domicile Certificate (Procedure) Rules, 2020 mandates certain documents which are to be annexed with the application. Those applications which lack the prescribed documents are rejected. The relevant order of the Govt. of Jammu & Kashmir is available on their web site, http
8. Supply of Meals to Students during the Lockdown State Governments and UT Administrations have been advised to provide Food Security Allowance (FSA) comprising of foodgrains, pulses, oil etc (equivalent to cooking cost) to all eligible children till such time as their schools are closed due to aforesaid pandemic. The modalities for this purpose are decided by the respective States and UTs, according to the prevailing circumstances. States and UTs have also been advised to take necessary precautionary measures in view of the situation caused by COVID-19
9. Increase in Salaries of Anganwadi Workers Government has advised public including women to take all precautions for prevention from COVID19, while pursuing professions. Measures such as work from home, on line teaching, tele medicine consultations etc have been encouraged. Anganwadi Workers, ANMs and ASHAs have been engaged in facilitating essential services during COVID19 pendemic.
With effect from 1st October, 2018, the Government has enhanced honorarium to Anganwadi Workers (AWWs) from ₹ 3,000/- to ₹ 4,500/- per month; AWWs at m
10. Scheme for Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs) Launched on 31.07.2020 Scheme for Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs), a sub-scheme under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U), for providing accommodation at affordable rent to urban migrants/ poor has been launched on 31.07.2020 after approval of the Union Cabinet. Following steps have been taken to implement the scheme of ARHCs for urban migrants/poor:
Operational Guidelines of ARHCs along with other implementation framework have been circulated to all States/Union Territories (UTs) for planni
11. Cylinders distributed under PMUY during Corona crisis Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana(PMUY) commenced w.e.f. 01.05.2016 to provide deposit free LPG connections to adult woman of poor households. The target of the same was achieved on 7th September, 2019. Year-wise details of LPG connections released under the Scheme are as under:-
13. Implementation of PM-KISAN Scheme Under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Yojna, the responsibility of identifying the landholder farmer family eligible for benefit under the Scheme and uploading the data of the eligible beneficiaries on the PM-KISAN Portal is that of the States/UT Administrations. The total number of eligible beneficiaries enrolled/uploaded in the PM-KISAN portal as on 17-09-2020 is 11,07,62,287. The State-wise details of eligible beneficiaries uploaded in the PM-KISAN portal since 2019 till date is
14. Success Rate of E-NAM Agriculture Marketing being a state subject, wholesale marketing of agriculture produce is generally carried out through a network of regulated Agriculture Produce Market Committee (APMC) markets promoted by respective Government of State/ Union Territories (UTs) under their respective State/UT APMC Act. Central Government plays a supportive role in agricultural marketing. Small and Marginal farmers sometime face difficulty in direct access to markets due to varied reasons like small amount of marketable
15. Organic Farming in the Country Assistance is provided under different schemes by the Government for promoting organic farming in the country –
1. Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY): The scheme promotes cluster based organic farming with PGS certification. Cluster formation, training, certification and marketing are supported under the scheme. Assistance of Rs.50,000 per ha /3 years is provided out of which 62% i.e., Rs. 31,000 is given as incentive to a farmer towards organic inputs.
16. Beneficial Cropping Patterns The cropping pattern is dependent on various factors viz. agro-climatic conditions of the region, availability of resources, market forces, socio-economic conditions of the farmers, demand and supply of agricultural produce etc. Accordingly, Government of India has been emphasizing promotion of various crops/cropping system viz. rice, wheat, pulses, coarse cereals, nutri cereals& commercial crops under National Food Security Mission (NFSM), oilseeds under NFSM-Oilseeds, horticultural crops under Miss
17. Use of Chemicals and Pesticides for Ripening of Fruits As per the information provided by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare; sub-regulation 2.3.5 of Food Safety and Standards (Prohibition and Restriction on Sales) Regulations, 2011 is related to “Prohibition of use of Calcium Carbide in ripening of fruits”. According to this sub regulation, “No person shall sell or offer or expose for sale or have in his premises for the purpose of sale under any description, fruits which have be
18. Setting up of Agriculture Infrastructure Fund Hon’ble Finance Minister announced on 15.05.2020 a Rs 1 lakh crore Agri Infrastructure Fund for farm-gate infrastructure for farmers. Accordingly, Central Sector Scheme of Financing Facility under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund was approved by Cabinet on 08.07.2020.
The scheme shall provide a medium - long term debt financing facility for investment in viable projects for post-harvest management Infrastructure and community farming assets through interest subvention and financial
19. Damage to Crops due to Locust Attack During 2019-20, locust attack was reported in some districts of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Rajasthan Government has reported that a total area of 1,79,584 hectares of 8 districts of the state was affected by locust attack during 2019-20. The State Government of Gujarat has reported that crop loss due to locust attack was observed in a total area of 19,313 hectares of 2 districts of the State during the year 2019-20.
During 2020-21, the locust incursions were reported in 10 States of Raj
21. Urea is being provided to farmers at a statutory notified Maximum Retail Price :Shri Gowda The Minister of Chemicals & Fertilizers Shri DV Sadananda Gowda has informed the Rajya Sabha in a written reply today that Government of India has notified fertilizer as an essential commodity under the Essential Commodities Act, 1955(ECA) and notified Fertilizer (Control) Order (FCO), 1985 & Fertilizer (Movement Control) Order, 1973 under the EC Act. He added that State Governments have been adequately empowered to ensure selling of fertilizers at notified MRP besides stopping black
22. NCL Donates Rs. 5 Crores to Uttar Pradesh for Purchase of 50 Ambulances In a big support to help fight Covid-19, National miner Coal India arm Northern Coalfields Ltd (NCL) has donated Rs. Five (05) crores to the state of Uttar Pradesh for procurement of 50 Ambulances. NCL CMD Shri Prabhat Kumar Sinha and Director (Personnel) Shri Bimlendu Kumar handed over a cheque of the said amount to the UP Chief Minister Shri Yogi Adityanathin Lucknowtoday.
“NCL's coal operations are in UP and MP States. I have assured Hon’ble CM that NCL will keep supplying pl
23. Amendments in Public Procurement (Preference to Make in India) Order, 2017 The Government of India has amended the Public Procurement (Preference to Make in India) Order, 2017 on 16.09.2020, enabling nodal Ministries/ Departments to notify higher minimum local content requirement for Class-I & Class-II local suppliers which was earlier fixed at 50% and 20% respectively.
As per the Order, entities of countries which do not allow Indian companies to participate in their Government procurement for any item, shall not be allowed to participate in Government p
24. Funds to Boost Agriculture Exports As a part of implementation of the Agriculture Export Policy, a number of States have finalized their respective Action Plans identifying various infrastructure gaps affecting agricultural exports. To address these gaps, the States can avail assistance under the Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme (TIES) of Department of Commerce and under various existing Schemes of Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare; Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying; Ministry of Food Processing Indus
25. One District One Product Concept for Encouraging Domestic Manufacturing Based on strengths of a district and National Priorities, One District One Product (ODOP) is seen as a transformational step forward towards realizing the true potential of a district, fuel economic growth and generate employment and rural entrepreneurship, taking us to the goal of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat. In this contest, an interaction with all States and UTs was held on 27th August, 2020 to discuss the implementation of One District One Product initiative, and Department for Promotion of Industry a
27 Recruitment of Non-Teaching Officer vacancy in IIT Kharagpur 2020#West Bengal0 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Non-Teaching Officer vacancy in IIT Kharagpur 2020
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur (West Bengal), an Institute of National Importance and the first and largest in the chain of IITs engaged in teaching, research and development.
IIT Kharagpur invites online application on prescribed format from Indian nationals for following 12 Officer Non-Teaching Sarkari Naukri Vacancy in IIT Kharagpur. (Advertisement No.: R/07/2020): ...
30 Recruitment of Executive Engineer Civil by Odisha PSC 2020#Odisha14 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Executive Engineer Civil by Odisha PSC 2020
Online applications on prescribed recruitment form are invited by Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) from the prospective candidates for recruitment to the following latest Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil) Group-A in the Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water Department of Government of Odisha. (Advt. No. 04/2020-21)
33 Recruitment of Faculty Vacancy in IIM Visakhapatnam 2020#Faculty & Teaching26 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Faculty Vacancy in IIM Visakhapatnam 2020
Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam (IIMV), Andhra Pradesh invites applications from outstanding academicians, with proven credentials in teaching and research at management schools of repute in India/abroad for Recruitment of Faculty Sarkari Naukri Vacancy 2020 under special recruitment drive for OBC/SC/ST/EWS/PWD category candidates.
34 Faculty and Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in NIPER Raebareli#Faculty & Teaching3 Days Remaining for Apply Faculty and Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in NIPER Raebareli
Online Applications on prescribed format are invited at NIPER Raebareli (Uttar Pradesh) from the eligible Indian Nationals for Direct Recruitment/ Deputation for the Teaching Faculty and Non-Teaching Government Job vacancy posts on regular basis through open competition in NIPER Raebareli. (Advt. No. NIPER-R/Recruit/01/2019-20)
NIPER Raebareli Faculty Non-Teaching Recruitment 2020
35 Constable Tradesman Vacancy Recruitment in SSB 2020#Defense & Police6 Days Remaining for Apply Constable Tradesman Vacancy Recruitment in SSB 2020
Online Application on prescribed format are invited from Indian male citizens for filling up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Constable Tradesman in various discipline in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India 2020 (Advertisement No. 338/RC/SSB/Combined Advertisement/CTs/2020) SarkariNaukriBlog
SSB Constable Tradesman Vacancy 2020 - Table of Content
36 Recruitment of Job Vacancy in Punjab Water Supply and Sanitation Department 2020#Punjab3 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Job Vacancy in Punjab Water Supply and Sanitation Department 2020
Department of Water Supply and Sanitation (DWSS) of Government of Punjab invites application through Online Application Forms from eligible candidates for recruitment to the following latest Sarkari Naukri Govt. Job vacancy posts of Specialists, Coordinators and Facilitators on a Contract Basis in the Department of Water Supply and Sanitation of Government of Punjab. (Advt. N ...
39 Xth (10th) CRP for Clerk Vacancy in PSU Banks by IBPS#Bank2 Days Remaining for Apply Xth (10th) CRP for Clerk Vacancy in PSU Banks by IBPS
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will conduct Xth (10th) Online Common Recruitment Process (CRP), Preliminary and Main Examination for the year 2021-21 for recruitment and selection of personnel for Clerical Cadre Government Job vacancy Posts in participating Public Sector Bank or any other Financial Institution tentatively in the month of December 2020 and January 2021 through Xth (10th) CRP for Cl ...
42 Recruitment of Assistant Professors Engineering College Vacancy by Bihar PSC 2020#Bihar9 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Assistant Professors Engineering College Vacancy by Bihar PSC 2020
Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) invites Online Applications from Indian Citizens for the recruitment 2020 of following Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Assistant Professors in various subjects/disciplines for State Engineering Colleges in the state of Bihar for Science and Technology Department of Government of Bihar.
Bihar PSC Assistant Professor of Eng ...
43 Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) Administrative Job Recruitment 2020 Vacancies #Sarkari Naukri5 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications on prescribed format are invited from eligible/qualified candidates to fill up following Administrative Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts in various disciplines and levels in Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) for the year 2020. (Advertisement No. 2/2020/Estt.)
Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), a statutory body under the administrative control of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Govt. of India, is the National Standards Body of India an ...
44 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Odisha and Tamil Nadu states#Sarkari Naukri9 Days Remaining for Apply India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Odisha and Tamil Nadu states
Online applications on prescribed format are invited by Odisha and Tamil Nadu Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the states in Odisha and Tamil Nadu states. (Advertisement Numbers - GRAMIN DAK SEVA ...
48 PNB Specialist Officers Recruitment 2020 #Bank8 Days Remaining for Apply Punjab National Bank (PNB), a Public Sector Banks wherein Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) and United Bank of India (UBI) amalgamated invites online applications on prescribed format from Indian Citizens for the Recruitment of following 535 Specialist Officers Government Job vacancy posts in different disciplines/specialties for its various offices across India for the year 2020.
50 Job Vacancy in Government Mint Mumbai 2020 #Maharashtra13 Days Remaining for Apply India Government Mint (IGM), Mumbai is a unit of Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL) invites online applications on prescribed form for the recruitment of following Govt. Job Vacancy from the prospective candidates in IGM Hyderabad. (Advertisement No. 02 /Admn /2020)
India Government Mint Mumbai Job Vacancies