The Common Core standards offer clear and consistent knowledge of the things that students must learn. With the help of these national academic standards, the teachers and parents of the students can understand the kind of assistance they can offer to ensure that students learn the essential things.
Notably, the standards comprise of conceptual knowledge and involved in the valuable skills and subjects that the students will need to enjoy college. Similarly, the standards equip them to be successful career-wise and live as our society becomes more reliant on technology. Furthermore, the Common Core standards have been adopted by several states in the US. Nowadays, they are known as the vital source of the subjects and skills that are taught in most of the public schools across the country.
Writing as an essential strand of the Common Core standards
One of the most important stands of the Common Core standards is writing. Typically, writing skills include the ability of an ability to plan the subject to write on, revise, edit and then publish what has been written. As a part of the Common Core standards, writing also encompasses certain writing types such as narratives, explanatory texts, and arguments. It requires students to be able to make inferences from evidence and create informational write-ups.
Common Core and Tech
Notably, there is no limit to what students can write on. From social sciences to geology, computer science, ecosystem, mathematics and so on, writing forms an essential part of all types of subjects. Regardless of the subjects that the students are writing on, they can gain immensely from using the power of technology. According to the Common Core standards, "[u]se technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing and to interact and collaborate with others". Without a doubt, digital tools can be from general ones such as the internet to more specialized technologies that can improve the writing of students.
As stated by the Common Core, "gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources, assess the credibility and accuracy of each source, and integrate the information while avoiding plagiarism". This shows that students need to have the skill required to read information from tablets, smartphones and other digital tools – whether they are outside or inside of the school environment. This has necessitated the integration of digital devices into the learning environment.
Tech tools that can be integrated into the writing strand
Expectedly, tons of digital tools have been created for improving the writing skills of people of different levels. While some are paid tools, others are offered to users for free.
Google Docs and Forms are some of the best writing tools that allow students to share documents with others. The tools allow different students to collaborate to create a wonderful writing piece. Microsoft Word is another tool that can improve the ability of students to present their conceptualized ideas. Collaborize Classroom, Study Blue, and Diigo are a few of the tech tools that can be integrated into writing to achieve the goal of the Common Core standards.
Tips for using tech to achieve the writing strand of the Common Core standards
The integration of digital tools should be encouraged
A few school districts are already providing tablets and laptops for their students. These tools are meant to replace textbooks, notebooks, and other conventional writing media. In view of the writing strand, the students must be encouraged to create and publish writing pieces for people to read. By encouraging the integration of digital tools, the students will develop the relevant skills they need to take their academics and careers to the next level.
Automated programs to provide feedback on writing pieces
If students have to wait for their teachers to grade all their writings, they may not get the quick feedback they need in some cases. Therefore, tech tools that can grade the writing pieces of the students automatically can play a key role in enhancing their writing. The tools should cover grammar, punctuations, formatting and other essential components of writing. The feedback can assist the students to correct the errors in their writing without overburdening the teachers.
Collaboration on writing tasks via tech
Google Drive, for instance, allow students to share their writing projects as they deliver. So, students should take advantage of technology to collaborate on writing tasks.
Publication of student writing projects through tech
If students know that their works will be published for others to see, they tend to put in more effort to write amazing pieces. Fortunately, tons of publication options are already available online. Yudu, Zoho Writer, and Google Drive are some of the options that students can consider for publishing their writing works for others to read. Also, school websites can have a blog section where articles of their students are published.
Writing with the aid of multimedia
For many students, writing is boring and this is why they often avoid it. However, by adding several other media into writing, teachers can make writing more fun for their students. For instance, teachers can ask their students to participate in live news streaming or make a short video to support their writing. While using tech to make the video may be the only intriguing factor that the students love, the whole process will make them write and, thus, improve their writing skills.
Real-world application of their writing skills
Another way through which tech can be used to accomplish the writing strand of the standards is by applying the writing skills in the real world. Instead of asking the students to write on uninteresting topics, what about writing on things they like? Reviews of their favorite video game, the choicest toys or other things will pique the interest of the majority of the student. Also, the real-world applications are more relatable for the students; hence, they will be motivated to write on them.
If all hands can be on the desk, tech can be one of the most important factors that will guarantee the attainment of the writing strand of Common Core standards across the country. Therefore, teachers, parents, and students should do their parts in this endeavor.
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Mphasis Q2 FY21 Earnings | Gross revenue grew 12.9% YoY in Q2 FY 2021 Gross revenue grew 12.9% YoY in Q2 FY 2021
USD 360 million net new TCV wins in Direct business, highest ever TCV win for a quarter
Mumbai, 22 October 2020: Mphasis Limited (BSE - 526299; NSE - MPHASIS), an Information Technology (IT) solutions provider specializing in cloud and cognitive services, today announced its financial results for the quar
2. Union Minister of Education dedicates the permanent campus of IIT Ropar to the Nation Union Education MinisterShri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ today dedicated permanent campus of IIT Ropar to the nation. Minister of State for Education, Shri Sanjay Dhotre also graced the occasion. Prof. Sarit K Das, Director, IIT Ropar and Shri Ravinder Kumar, Registrar, IIT Ropar and the other dignitaries also participated in the event.
While addressing the participants Shri Pokhriyal congratulated the IIT Ropar fraternity and complimented the students and researchers for stepping to
3. Work Towards Making UDAN Scheme Sustainable: Pradeep Singh Kharola Shri Pradeep Singh Kharola, Secretary, MoCA has stated that the stakeholders should work towards making the UDAN scheme sustainable on its own and improve its efficiency. During a video conference to commemorate the UDAN day today, he said that UDAN scheme has established the importance of travelling by air for common man specially to far flung areas. Shri Kharola congratulated the stakeholders and UDAN team for making the scheme successful with untiring efforts. He urged the airlines to unde
4. PM addresses the Centenary Convocation of the University of Mysore Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the Centenary Convocation 2020 of the University of Mysore today through video conference.
Speaking on the occasion, the Prime Minister said the University of Mysore is the center of the great education system of ancient India, the aspirations and capabilities of future India and has realized the vision of "Rajarshi" Nalvadi Krishnaraja Wadiyar and M. Visvesvaraya Ji.
He referred to stalwarts like Bharat Ratna Dr Sarvepalli Radhakr
6. Income Tax Department conducts search in Ahmedabad The Income Tax Department conducted a search & seizure action based on credible intelligence on 08.10.2020 at Ahmedabad in the case of a group engaged in the businesses of real estate, construction and land trading. Search was conducted at 27 premises, which included offices and residences of some associates also.
During the search unexplained cash of around Rs. 69 lakh and jewellery of around Rs. 82 lakh have been seized till now. Besides, 18 bank lockers have been found and placed under r
7. ECGC Limited ECGC Limited was set up in 1957 in Mumbai under the Companies Act 1956 to provide export credit insurance services to exporters and banks to promote and support exports from India.
The performance details of ECGC for the last three financial years and current year are given below:
(Amount in ₹ Crore)
9. Shramik and Special Train Services To prevent the spread COVID-19 pandemic, Ministry of Railways discontinued all passenger services immediately after introduction of the national lockdown. Thereafter, keeping in view the requirement of movement of stranded persons Shramik specials were organized in a mission mode. These Shramik specials were operated as “trains on demand” as and when State Governments requisitioned these trains in accordance with the protocol and guidelines issued by the Government. Starting from 01.05.2020 u
11. Hindustan Organic Chemicals Limited (HOCL) get BIS Certification for all its products Hindustan Organic Chemicals Limited (HOCL), a PSU under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers has been granted Bureau of Indian Standards - BIS certification for all its products.
HOCL has been a pioneer in the manufacturing of Chemicals since its inception and quality is its motto since then. The company is supporting and implementing the Make in India initiative of Government of India in one or other way.
All the products of the company are widely b
12. India is working on clean energy mission with a collective mindset: Shri Piyush Goyal Union Commerce and Industry & Railways Minister Shri Piyush Goyal has said that India is working on Clean energy mission with a collective mindset. Speaking at the Valedictory function of the First World Solar Technology Summit organized by International Solar Alliance (ISA) on Tuesday, Shri Goyal said “The best part about India's own engagement with clean energy is that we are working with a collective mindset, breaking all departmental silos and working to support each other to finally ac
13. Long-Term, Time-Bound, National Level Strategy to Tackle Air Pollution-National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) The Central Government launched National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) as a long-term, time-bound, national level strategy to tackle the air pollution problem across the country in a comprehensive manner with targets to achieve 20% to 30% reduction in Particulate Matter concentrations by 2024 keeping 2017 as the base year for the comparison of concentration. Under NCAP, 122 non-attainment cities have been identified across the country based on the Air Quality data from 2014-2018. A list of Smart Citie
14. 20 Mega Food Park projects set up with the support of Central Government Kerala's first and nation's twentieth mega food park in Palakkad district of Kerala was virtually inaugurated today by the Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar and Chief Minister of Kerala, Mr. Pinarayi Vijayan. Union Minister of State for Food Processing Industries, Shri Rameshwar Teli was also present on the occasion. This project will give impetus to the development of food processing sec
15. KVIC Organizes 150 programs to empower artisans to celebrate 150 years of Gandhi jayanti A series of 150 mega events across the country and floral tributes marked the celebration of glorious 150 years of the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).
On Thursday, the eve of Gandhi Jayanti, KVIC Chairman Shri Vinai Kumar Saxena inaugurated 150 events, the first ever exercise of this magnitude in the country by KVIC, to celebrate Gandhi Jayanti. North Eastern States like Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Manipur and other states like Himachal P
16. Various initiatives taken by Ministry of Steel for capacity building The National Steel Policy envisages achievement of 300 MTPA crude steel capacity by 2030-31. Towards achievement of this goal Ministry of Steel has taken several initiatives namely:-
(i) Domestically Manufactured Iron & Steel Products Policy for promoting procurement of Made in India steel by Government agencies.
(ii) Steel Scrap Policy for enhancing availability of domestically generated scrap.
17. Nominations for Padma Awards-2021 open till 15th September, 2020 The last date for online nominations/recommendations for the Padma Awards to be announced on the occasion of Republic Day, 2021 is tomorrow (15th September, 2020). The nominations/recommendations for Padma Awards will be received online only on the Padma Awards portal https://padmaawards.gov.in.
The Padma Awards, namely, Padma Vibhushan, Padm
20. Industrial Training Institute, Berhampur files 3 Patents for COVID-19 related innovations; In an ongoing effort to use its technical expertise to help curtail the spread of COVID-19, Industrial Training Institute (ITI), Berhampur has registered three of its innovative products developed to fight against the novel Coronavirus in the patent journal, attesting its inherent strength to be able to rise to any challenge. This will give priority right to the institute over invention. Following the footsteps of IITs and NITs, ITI Berhampur has joined in the patent institute club of the country. In com
21. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to inaugurate the Atal Tunnel Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi shall inaugurate Atal Tunnel, Rohtang at 10 AM on 3rd October 2020.
Atal Tunnel is the longest highway tunnel in the World. The 9.02 Km long tunnel connects Manali to Lahaul-Spiti valley throughout the year. Earlier the valley was cut off for about 6 months each year owing to heavy snowfall.
The Tunnel is built with ultra-modern specifications in the Pir Panjal range of Himalayas at an altitude of 3000 Mtrs (10,000 Feet) from the Mean Sea Level (MSL).
24. Malnutrition Deaths among Children in the Country Malnutrition is not a direct cause of death among children. However, it can increase morbidity and mortality by reducing resistance to infections. Malnourished children are more vulnerable to any infection than normal children. The overall under five mortality rate has reduced from 74.3 (NFHS-3) to 49.7 (NFHS-4) deaths per thousand live births.
The Government has accorded high priority to the issue of malnutrition and is implementing several schemes/programmes through States/UTs to addres
25. Bengaluru scientists fabricate invisible shield for electromagnetic interference H G Wells’ ‘Invisible Man’ tweaked optical properties of the body to become invisible. Scientists have now achieved a similar feat by designing a metal mesh structure instead of continuous film on desired transparent substrates to make it a transparent shield for electromagnetic interference (EMI). The invisible shield can be used in various military stealth applications and can cover electromagnetic wave emitter or absorber devices without compromising their aesthetics.
27 Assistant and Clerk Vacancy Recruitment by High Court Rajasthan 2020#Rajasthan9 Days Remaining for Apply Assistant and Clerk Vacancy Recruitment by High Court Rajasthan 2020
Rajasthan High court at Jodhpur invites online application in the prescribed format for Common Competitive Recruitment Examination 2020 for Direct Recruitment to the Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Junior Judicial Assistant, Junior Assistant, and Clerk Grade-II for Rajasthan High Court (RHC), Rajasthan State Legal Service Authority (RSLSA) and District Legal Service Authorities (DLSA), Rajasth ...