Effective Implementation of RERA can Restore Trust Between Buyer and Seller: Hardeep S Puri
Primary Aim is to Address Concerns of Homebuyers to Ensure Completion of Projects: Durga Shanker Mishra More Than 52,000 Real Estate Projects &40,517 Real Estate Agents Registered Under RERA RERA Day Organized
Shri Hardeep S Puri, Minister of Housing and Urban Affairshas said that one of the principal objectives of RERA is to help restore the trust between a buyer and the seller and this trust can only be restored by the true and effective implementation of RERA.This would not only help ease the burden of inventory pile-up in the sector, but also provide the necessary financial cushion to the developers to complete pending projects,he said. He was speaking at a webinar on the “3rd anniversary of RERA” with the stakeholders of Real Estate sector here today. ShriDurgaShanker Mishra, Secretary, MoHUA, Shri Shiv Das Meena, Additional Secretary, Shri Rajive Kumar, Chairperson, Uttar Pradesh Real Estate Regulatory Authority, Shri Anthony de Sa, Chairperson, Madhya Pradesh Real Estate Regulatory Authority, Shri Gautam Chatterjee, Chairperson, Maharashtra RERA, Justice B. Rajendran, Chairperson, Tamil Nadu Real Estate Appellate Tribunal and representatives of ASSOCHAM, CREDAI, NAREDCO, FICCI, Home Buyers Association, National Housing Bank, and HDFC participated in the webinar.
Providing a background in which the real estate sector operated, the Minister pointed out that in pre-RERA era, Indian Real Estate sector was largely unregulated till 2016, which led to many anomalies resulting in various unfair practices, which ultimately affected the homebuyers adversely. Therefore, a need was being felt for long time to regulate the sector in such a way so as to ensure transparency and accountability. “With the enactment of Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016 (RERA), the country got its first real estate regulator. RERA marked the beginning of a new era in the Indian real estate sector and a step towards reforming the sector, encouraging greater transparency, citizen centricity, accountability and financial discipline. The core objective of this transformative legislation is to ensure regulation and promotion of real estate sector in an efficient and transparent manner and to protect the interest of the home buyers”, he said.
Providing details of the successful implementation of RERA, the Minister informed that 31 States/UTs have notified rules under RERA. While 30 States/UTs have set up Real Estate Regulatory Authority and 24 States/UTs have set up Real Estate Appellate Tribunal. “More than 52,000 Real Estate Projects and 40,517 Real Estate Agents have registered under RERA across the country. More than 46,000 complaints have been disposed-off by the Real Estate Regulatory Authorities across the country”, he further added.
Speaking on the challenges due to the present COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the real estate sector, the minister observed that Covid-19 has had a debilitating effect on the real estate sector, which has become a cause for project delays. During the initial period of the lockdown, construction activities had been barred. After reviewing the situation, the Government has put in place certain measures to allow for construction activities effective from 20 April, 2020, he added. The Minister also provided details of various other proactive reformative policy decisions to boost real estate like regulatory, programmatic, fiscal and financial initiatives such as Enactment of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (IBC), wherein the Home buyers are classified as ‘financial creditors’. The recent decisions taken by Finance Ministry for Industry include extension of dates in filing return of Direct and Indirect Tax, relaxation in paying EMIs by homebuyers and waiver of some fee/charges, raising the threshold of loan default amounts from ₹ 1 Lakh to ₹ 1 Crore which will prevent triggering of insolvency proceedings for lower amount.
As regards, construction activities, the minister informed that these have been allowed in some parts of the country and in rest of the country, construction activities will resume in a phased and calibrated manner. He also appealed to all stakeholders to follow the guidelines issued by Government regarding precautions to be taken such as- covering face with mask or cloth, maintaining physical distance of 2 yards, downloading ArogyaSetu Application by every individual, monitoring, hygiene etc. to be strictly adhered to help in controlling the spread of this pandemic.In the era of RERA, it is our collective duty to ensure that instances such as Amrapali, Jaypee and Unitech, do not ever happen again; home buyers / consumers in the sector receive their due; and the sector thrives to its true potential. He expressed satisfaction that RERA has performed really well in the 3 years since its commencement and the credit for its success goes to the hard work put in by all stakeholders.
Addressing the participants, Sh. Puri informed that the recommendations of the CAC (Central Advisory Council) which in effect is the voice of all stakeholders was referred to the highest levels in the Government. The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, while addressing the Nation on 12thMay 2020, announced an economic package worth Rs. 20 lakh crore, which is around 10 percent of the country’s GDP making it one of the largest economic packages announced anywhere in the world. While announcing the ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’ he laid emphasis on self-reliance based on 5 pillars – ‘economy’; ‘infrastructure’; ‘technology driven system’; ‘vibrant demography’; and ‘demand’. He also said that the package of reforms is particularly aimed to address four important aspects – ‘land’; ‘labour’; ‘liquidity’; and ‘laws’, and that this economic package caters to various sections, including farmers, labourers, middle class, MSMEs, cottage industry, industry etc. As part and parcel of the Prime Minister’s mega announcement, the Finance Minister in her announcements on 13thMay 2020, delineating on the package, has included the demand made by the real estate sector for extension of the completion date or revised /extended completion date.
He also referred to the other announcements made by FM to enable affordable rental housing for migrant labourers and urban poor such as the Affordable Rental Housing Complex (ARHC) scheme, where Government funded houses in cities will be converted into Affordable Rental Housing Complex under PPP model. He added that this single step will to a great extent alleviate the problem of providing temporary housing to migrant people who are stranded in several urban areas. He informed that the Credit Link Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) under Pradhan MantriAwasYojana - Urban (PMAY-U) for middle income group has been extended to 31st March 2021 which is likely to benefit 2.5 lakh middle-class people. He added that these measures are aimed at giving a fillip to the housing sector, as a part of the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, announced by the Prime Minister.
Concluding the session, ShDurgaShanker Mishra, Secretary, MoHUA stated that the Government is committed to uphold and protect the interest of homebuyers while ensuring ease of doing business in the real estate sector. He added that MoHUA has already issued an advisory to all States / UTs and their respective Real Estate Regulatory Authorities to consider the current pandemic of COVID-19 as “force majeure” being a natural calamity, which is adversely affecting the regular development of the real estate projects and extend registration of all real estate projects registered under RERA by 6 months and further upto 3 months, as per situation evolving in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.This measure will safeguard the interest of homebuyers to get them the delivery of their flats/homes although with the delay of few months but it will definitely ensure the completion of the projects.
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Ramayan Cruise Service will be launched soon on the river Saryu in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh ‘Ramayan Cruise Tour’ on the Saryu river in Ayodhya will be launched soon. Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways today chaired a review meeting for the implementation of cruise service.
It will be the first-ever luxury Cruise service on the Saryu river (Ghagra/National Waterways-40) in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh. It aims to give mesmerizing experience to devotees with one-of-its-kind spiritual journeys while cruising through the famous ghats of the holy river
2. All States except Jharkhand choose Option-1 to meet the GST implementation shortfall Government of Chhattisgarh has communicated its acceptance of Option-1 to meet the revenue shortfall arising out of GST implementation. The number of States who have favoured Option-1 has gone up to 27. All States except Jharkhand and all the 3 Union Territories with Legislative Assembly have decided in favour of Option-1.
The States & Union Territories who choose Option-1 are getting the amount of shortfall arising out of GST implementation through a special borrowing window put in p
3. Best Dermatologist in Delhi The skin is the most exposed organ, and it also undergoes different challenges like harmful UV rays, dirt, pollution, dust, and many more. Skin needs intense care, and skin problems must not be neglected as it can pose a harmful effect on skin health, appearance, and texture. Mild skin conditions, if not treated properly, can turn severe if neglected. Dr. Anu Kapoor is one of the best dermatologists and an expert facial aesthetics specialist in Delhi. She believes in the concept of aging gracefully and p
6. PM addresses India Mobile Congress 2020 Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi delivered inaugural address at the virtual India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020 today through video conference. The theme for IMC 2020 is "Inclusive Innovation - Smart, Secure, Sustainable”. It aims to align to the Prime Minister’s vision to promote ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat’, ‘Digital Inclusivity’, and ‘Sustainable development, entrepreneurship & innovation’. It also aims to drive foreign and local investments, encourage R
7. Successful Trials of 5.56 x 30 mm Joint Venture Protective Carbine (JVPC) Defence Research and Development Organsiation (DRDO) designed 5.56x30 mm Protective Carbine has successfully undergone the final phase of User trials on 7th December 2020 meeting all the GSQR parameters. This has paved the way for induction into the services. This was the last leg of trials in a series of User trials which have been carried out in extreme temperature conditions in summer and high altitudes in winter. JVPC has successfully met the stringent performance criteria of reliability and ac
8. Media plays an important role in dealing with anti-India forces: Sh Shripad Naik "The media has an important role in dealing with anti-India forces. It is the responsibility of all of us, including the media persons, to ensure that our media is not misused by the anti-India forces against our own country." said Minister of State for DefenceShripadNaik at the valedictory function of media communication course organized by the Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) for defence personnel on Thursday. On this occasion, the Director-General of IIMC Prof. Sanjay Dwivedi, A
9. FYERS launches Single Margin Account to drive trading flexibility across segments FYERS launches Single Margin Account to drive trading flexibility across segments
Mumbai, December 17, 2020: With the aim to offer a unified trading experience across segments and eliminate the cumbersome process of transferring funds between capital and commodity segments, one of the the fastest growing investment & trading platform FYERS, today, announced the launch of its Single Margin Account. The Single Margin account allows fungibility of funds,
10. Skill India Establishes First Centre of Excellence for Skill Development in Power Sector In a significant development and in line with the commitment to skill development and vocational training, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India, the Ministry of National Education and Youth, Government of the French Republic and Schneider Electric, today announced the inauguration of first Center of Excellence(CoE) for skill development in power sector in the campus of National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) located at Gwal Pahari, Gurugram (Haryana)to creat
12. Inauguration of Hypersonic Wind Tunnel at DRDO Hyderabad Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh visited DRDO’s Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Missile Complex during his visit to Hyderabad on 19th Dec 2020. Hon’ble Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Shri G Kishan Reddy and Dr G Satheesh Reddy, Secretary, Department of Defence R&D and Chairman, DRDO accompanied him during the visit. Cluster DGs, Lab Directors and Programme Directors briefed the dignitaries about the ongoing projects and technological developments. On this occasion, Hyderabad based DRDO labs
14. Ministry of Tourism organises Domestic Tourism roadshow in Goa Ministry of Tourism, Government of India organised the domestic tourism road show in Goa today through its IndisTourism office in Goa . This event was organised in collaboration with Goa Tourism and Travel and Tourism Association of Goa (TTAG).
This B2B event and second in series of domestic tourism Road Shows in the Western and Central Region that the Ministry of Tourism has planned to conduct since the Covid–19 outbreak was inaugurated byMs. Rupinder Brar , Additional Director General,
17. Gadkari to inaugurate and lay foundation stone for 18 highway projects in Rajasthan tomorrow Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs Shri Nitin Gadkari will inaugurate and lay foundation stone for 18 highway projects in Rajasthan tomorrow. Shri Ashok Gehlot, Chief Minister, Rajasthan will preside over the virtual function, to be attended by Union Ministers Gen (Retd) V K Singh and several Ministers from the State.
These projects for inauguration and foundation laying carry a road length of nearly 1127 kilometers, involving construction value of Rs. 8,341
18. International Science Literature Festival – VIGYANIKA organized to mark the birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan CSIR-National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (CSIR-NISCAIR), Ministry of Earth Sciences (MOES) and Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA) jointly organised the inaugural session of Vigyanika-International Science Literature Festival on the opening dayof IISF 2020 on the virtual platform to mark the birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan.Addressing the participants and invitees, Dr Ranjana Aggarwal, Director, CSIR-NISCAIR & CSIR-NISTADS stated that the event
21. MISSION SAGAR III - INS KILTAN ARRIVES AT HO CHI MINH CITY Indian Naval Ship Kiltan arrived at NhaRong Port, Ho Chi Minh City on 24 December 2020 as part of Mission Sagar-III. This Mission is part of India’s Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) assistance to Friendly Foreign Countries during the ongoing pandemic.
The ship will deliver 15 Tons of HADR Stores for the flood-affected people of Central Vietnam, which will be handed over to Vietnam’s Central Steering Committee for National Disaster Prevention and Control. This assis
26 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs18 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...
27 Manager Job Vacancy Recruitment in NPS Trust 2021 #Jobs11 Days Remaining for Apply National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust) invites online applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian citizens for recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Officer Grade B (Manager) and Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) across different streams on direct recruitment basis. (Advertisement No. 2/2020-21)
NPS Trust Manager Jobs Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
28 UPSC National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy Examination NA (I), 2021#UPSC1 Days Remaining for Apply The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the National Defence Academy (NDA)-I and Naval Academy (NA) Examination (I), 2021 on 18/04/2021 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wing of the NDA for 147th Course and Naval Academy (INAC) for 109th course.
Online applications on prescribed format are invited for NDA & NA Exam (I) 2021 by UPSC from suitable candidates for Officer Government Jobs (Advertisement No.NO.03/2021-NDA-I)
UPSC NDA & NA Exam (I) ...
29 Vidhi Rachanakar Vacancy Recruitment by RPSC 2021#Rajasthan29 Days Remaining for Apply Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) invites Online application in the prescribed format for the recruitment for the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy of Vidhi Rachanakar (विधि रचनाकार) for Rajasthan Law and Legal Affairs Department of Rajasthan Government (Advt. No. 07/EP-I/2020-21).
Rajasthan PSC recruitment examination requires hard work, dedication, and extensive study. The details of RPSC Vidhi Rachanakar Vacancy Recruitment 2021 are given below. ...
30 Direct Recruitment Job Vacancy in National Book Trust 2021#Jobs27 Days Remaining for Apply The National Book Trust (NBT) is an apex professional body established by the Government of India, invites application in the prescribed format from eligible candidates for recruitment and filling up the following Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts on direct recruitment basis for its head office at New Delhi and regional offices at Bengaluru, Mumbai and Kolkata (Advertisement No.Estt./43/2020).
National Book Trust Regular Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancies