Renewed thrust to infrastructure development by Indian Railways during the year 2019-2020
The year 2019-2020 saw Indian Railways giving a renewed thrust to infrastructure development.
The allocation for capital expenditure of Rs. 1,61,351 in Revised Budget of the year 2019-2020 was 20.1% higher over 2018-2019. Utilization till end of March 2020 was Rs 1,46,507 Crore, which is 90.8% of the total allocation. With a proposed investment of Rs 50 lakh crores until 2030, Budget 2019 laid the road map for Railways to become the growth engine of the country. Some of the important works undertaken during 2019-2020 are -
New Line (NL), Doubling(DL), Gauge Conversion(GC):
New line, Doubling and Gauge conversion commissioning increased to 2,226 km in 2019-20, which is nearly 50% more with reference to average annual commissioning achieved during 2009-14 (1,520 km/year). During 2019-20, the expenditure incurred by Railway on New line, Gauge conversion and Doubling Projects has been Rs 39,836 crore, which is the highest ever expenditure in the history of Indian Railways.
Expenditure by Railway for doubling projects alone in FY 2019-20 is Rs 22,689 crore, which is over 9 times the average annual expenditure during 2009-14 (Rs 2,462 crore). Doubling commissioned in 2019-20 has been 1458 Km, which is nearly 4 times of average annual commissioning achieved during 2009-14 (375 Km/year).
15 Super Critical Projects Commissioned: Railways had prioritized its entire doubling project shelf Super Critical projects based importance of project, status of progress etc. With focused efforts, 15 critical projects of around 562 Km length and costing Rs 5,622 Crore head have been completed & commissioned out of which 13 were commissioned in FY 2019-20.
Commissioning of important North East Projects:
o 112 Km long New line national project in Tripura, “Agartala–Sabroom” commissioned during FY 2019-20
o 45 Km long length doubling project from Lumding to Hojai completed & commissioned.
Railway Electrification: In FY year 2019-20, Railway Electrification works have been completed on a total of 5,782 Route KMs, out of which 4,378 Route KMs have been commissioned on electric traction upto 31st March 2020.
Commissioning of Important Projects in FY 2019-20:
Total 28 Projects of 1273 Km length got completed & commissioned during FY 2019-20. Details are given below:
• 58.5 Km long New Line project from ThaiyatHamira-Sanu in Rajasthan
• 10.7 Km long bypass line from ChhapraGramin to Khairali in Bihar
• 67.07 Km long New Line project from Rajgir-Hisua-Tilaiya including Islampur-Nateshar in Bihar
• 47.72 Km long Super Critical Doubling Project from Hajipur-Ramdayalu Nagar in Bihar
• 320.04 Km long Gauge Conversion Project from Jaipur-Ringus-Sikar-Churu& Sikar-Loharu in Haryana and Rajasthan
• 7 Km long pending Super Critical Doubling project in Delhi (7 Km length but very important to decongest New Delhi Station) between New Delhi to Tilak Bridge (5th& 6th line)
• 113 Km long New Line Port connectivity project in Andhra Pradesh connecting with Krishnapatnam port
• 55.47 Km long Doubling from Meerut-Muzaffarnagar in U.P
• 2 Km long Bypass line named Jukhei Chord line, bypassing the Katni yard in Madhya Pradesh
• 1.67 Km long doubling project named New Alipore-Mile 5B in Sub-urban area of Sealdah of West Bengal
• 1.025 Km long pending bypass connectivity line named Daund Chord line on Daund-Manmad route in Maharashtra
• 42.57 Km long New Line Coal Project from Kharsia-Korichhapar in Chhattisgarh
• 19 Km long Coal project named Bakhtiyarpur-Barh in Bihar for facilitating the coal movement to Barh NTPC Thermal Power House.
• 7.25 Km long Super Critical Doubling project from Andul-Baltikuri in West Bengal
• 26 Km long Doubling project from Abu Road to SwaroopGanj in Rajasthan
• 23.55 Km long Super Critical Doubling project from Abu Road to Sarotra Road in Rajasthan
• 2.86 Km long Super Critical Doubling project from Mohishilla-Kalipahari in West Bengal
• 51.07 Km long Super Critical Doubling project from Pirpainti-Bhagalpur in Bihar
• 2.62 Km long 4th line project named Kanknara-Naihati in West Bengal
• 60.37 Km long Super Critical Doubling project in Rajasthan
• 81.43 Km long Super Critical Doubling project in Maharashtra named Mudkhed-Parbhani
• 7 Km long Doubling project in Madhya Pradesh named Sontalai-Bagratawa
• 25 Km long Super Critical Doubling project in Madhya Pradesh named Itarsi-Budhni
• 8 Km long Super Critical Doubling project in UP named Billi - Chopan.
• 34 Km long Super Critical 4th line Doubling project in Haryana and Delhi named Tuglakabad - Palwal
• 41 Km long Super Critical Doubling project in Andhra Pradesh named Kaluru - Guntakal
• 44.92 Km long Super Critical Doubling project from Lumding to Hojai in Assam
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
2. NEP 2020 upholds Reservation Policy as Enshrined in Indian Constitution- Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has today clarified that the NEP 2020 upholds the Reservation Policy enshrined in the Constitution of India. Following is the text of the Minister’s letter giving the details:
“This is apropos media reports attributed to PTI that have appeared on and around 24th November 2020 questioning whether the NEP 2020 upholds the Reservation Policy as in enshrined in the Constitution of India. As per the articles published,
3. Razorpay and PayPal Partner to Help Indian MSME’s and Freelancers go Global Razorpay and PayPal Partner to Help Indian MSME’s and Freelancers go Global
The partnership will make international payments seamless and safer
Razorpay is the first payment gateway to offer an integration with PayPal without code
Mumbai, 2nd December: Continuing its efforts to empower businesses with easy access to digital payment technologies,
4. Ramayan Cruise Service will be launched soon on the river Saryu in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh ‘Ramayan Cruise Tour’ on the Saryu river in Ayodhya will be launched soon. Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways today chaired a review meeting for the implementation of cruise service.
It will be the first-ever luxury Cruise service on the Saryu river (Ghagra/National Waterways-40) in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh. It aims to give mesmerizing experience to devotees with one-of-its-kind spiritual journeys while cruising through the famous ghats of the holy river
5. 56th Raising Day of Border Security Force (BSF) The Border Security Force (BSF) is celebrating its 56thRaising Day today. On this occasion, Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Nityanand Rai took the salute of the BSF Raising Day Parade-2020 held at the Chhawla Camp here today. The programme was attended by the Chief of DefenceStaff,General Bipin Rawat, BSF Director General Shri Rakesh Asthana, senior officers of Central Armed Police Forces and the Police and other dignitaries.
6. PM participates in Dev Deepawali Mahotsav in Varanasi The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi participated in Dev Deepawali Mahotsav in Varanasi today.
Addressing the event, the Prime Minister said it was another special occasion for Kashi as, He said, the idol of Mata Annapurna that was stolen from Kashi more than 100 years ago, is now coming back again. It is a matter of great fortune for Kashi. He said these ancient idols of our gods and goddesses are a symbol of our faith as well as our priceless heritage.
The Prime Minister said if s
7. Department of Posts decides to deliver Sabarimala SwamyPrasadam to devotees across the country at their doorstep Department of Posts has decided to deliver Sabarimala ‘SwamyPrasadam' to devotees across the country at their doorstep. Keeping in view devotees across the country, Department of Posts conceptualized and developed a comprehensive booking and delivery package for the delivery of “Swami Prasadam” of Sabrimala Temple at the doorstep of the devotees using the vast network of postal department covering every nook and corner of the country. Kerala Postal Circle entered into an agreement w
8. 8 Para athletes in four different sports included in TOPS scheme At the 50th meeting of the Mission Olympic Cell that was held on November 26, the decision to include 8 Para Athletes in four different sports Para Athletics, Para Shooting, Para Badminton and Para Table Tennis into the Target Olympic Podium Scheme was taken.
Para Athletics: Men’s Discus Thrower in F52 event Vinod Kumar who has qualified for the Tokyo Paralympics at the World Championships was included in the TOPS scheme. Praveen Kumar who has qualified for the Tokyo Paralympics in Men&rs
10. Power-packed Apex Committee meeting provides suggestions for finalization of draft STIP 2020 A power-packed Apex Committee meeting of the new Science, Technology & Innovation Policy STIP 2020 discussed various suggestions for the upcoming policy that will pave the way towards a knowledge-based economy.
The meeting on virtual mode chaired by Professor K Vijay Raghavan, Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India, and co-chaired by Dr. V K Saraswat, Member Science, NITI Aayog and Professor Ashutosh Sharma, Secretary, Department of Science and Technology, Government of Ind
11. English rendering of PM’s address in the 18th Episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat 2.0’ on 29.11.2020 My dear countrymen, Namaskar! I want to share a good news with you all at the beginning of Mann ki Baat today. Every Indian will be proud to know that a very oldidol of Devi Annapurna is returning to India from Canada. This idol was stolen from a temple of Varanasi and smuggled out of the country around 100 years ago somewhere around 1913. I express my gratitude to the Government of Canada and to all those for this large heartedness who made this propitious deed possible. Mata Annapoorna has a very speci
12. PM Inaugurates RE-Invest 2020 Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-Invest 2020) through video conferencing. The summit is organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. The theme for RE-Invest 2020 is ‘Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition’.
The Prime Minister expressed happiness that in the renewable energy sector, within a short time the progress from megawatts to gigawatts in generation capacity and “One Sun, One Wo
13. Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports restores recognition of Archery Association of India Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports has restored the government recognition to Archery Association of India as a National Sports Federation for promotion and regulation of Archery Sport in the country. The Government recognition of AAI was withdrawn eight years back on account of failure to conduct its elections in accordance with the National Sports Development Code of India, 2011 (Sports Code).Government recognition of AAI will be valid for one year.
Union Minister for Tribal Affairs
14. EPFO conferred with Platinum Partner Award for highest transactions on UMANG App On the occasion of completion of 3 years of UMANG App, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, Communications and Law & Justice unveiled the newly instituted UMANG Awards for Partner Departments of Centre and States based on average transactions in the past six months across all services. Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has been conferred with Platinum Partner Award for registering more than 25 lakh transactions on UMANG App.
16. ITAT organises webinar to celebrate 71st Constitution Day The Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) celebrated the 71st Constitution Day, also known as Samvidhan Divas, on 26th November, 2020 by organizing an All India Webinar. The celebrations were led by the Mr. Justice P.P. Bhatt, President, ITAT. On the occasion, Shri Anoop Kumar Mendiratta, Union Law Secretary, Shri Tushar Mehta, Solicitor General of India, Ms. Seema Khorana Patra, Member (Legislation), Central Board of Direct Taxes and other dignitaries were present. The Vice Presidents a
21. APARNA ENTERPRISES WINS MANDATE TO SUPPLY TILES FOR AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA RESIDENTIAL PROJECT APARNA ENTERPRISES WINS MANDATE TO SUPPLY TILES FOR AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA RESIDENTIAL PROJECT
Mumbai, 19thNovember, 2020: One of the leading players in the building materials segment, Aparna Enterprises Limited has been awarded a prestigious contract to provide Double Charged Tiles for Airports Authority of India residential quarters being constructed at Trichy and Coimbatore. The contract is r
22. Instamojo closes Pre-Series C funding round from Japanese investors Base and Gunosy Capital Instamojo closes Pre-Series C funding round from Japanese investors Base and Gunosy Capital
Mumbai, 18th November, 2020: Instamojo, announced today the closing of its Pre-Series-C funding round of an undisclosed sum. This round of funding saw the participation of Japanese investors Base and existing investors such as Gunosy Capital, who participated in Series B round back in January 2019. The funds raised will be used to
24. Indian Railway launches digitised online Human Resource Management System (HRMS) Indian Railway has launched completely digitized online Human Resource Management System (HRMS). Human Resource Management System (HRMS) is a high thrust project for Indian Railways to leverage improved productivity & employee satisfaction. It is a move to improve efficiency and productivity of Railway system and a step towards realizing the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. HRMS is expected to create a big impact on th
27 ICMR Scientist-E and Scientist-D Recruitment 2020#Scientist & Research2 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) under Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India invites online application on prescribed format from Indian nationals for recruitment and filling up these Government Job Vacancy posts of Scientist-E, Scientist-D (Medical/Non-Medical) in various disciplines. (Advertisement No. ICMR/Sc-E & Sc-D/2020/2-Pers.)
ICMR Scientist Recruitment 2020 Vacancies
29 ICMR Assistant Vacancy Recruitment 2020 #Scientist & Research0 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi has entered into a memorandum of understanding with the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh for holding of Computer Based Test (CBT) Recruitment Examination/Test for Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Assistants (Group-B Level-6) of ICMR by PGIMER, Chandigarh.
31 Recruitment of Constable Vacancy in Bihar Police Swabhiman Battalion 2020#Bihar11 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Constable Vacancy in Bihar Police Swabhiman Battalion 2020
Central Selection Board of Constable (CSBC) of Bihar Police invites Online application in the prescribed format from Indian nationals for the following 8415 Sarkari Naukri vacancy of Constables (Male/Female) in Constable grade of Bihar Police (BP), Bihar Military Police (BMP), Specialised India Reserve Battalion (SIRB) and Bihar State Industrial Security Battalion (BSISB) in Bihar s ...
32 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 14/2020 #UPSC0 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 03/12/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty - Assistant Professor Medical), Nurse, Assistant Director etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (UPSC Advt. No. 14/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Recruitment 14/2020 Vacancies
33 Project Manager Engineer Recruitment in CDAC Mumbai 2020#Engineering5 Days Remaining for Apply The Mumbai Office of Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) invites online applications on prescribed format for Regular Sarkari Naukri vacancy positions of Information Technology (IT) Project Manager and Project Engineer on contract and on consolidated salary in CDAC Mumbai. (Advt. No. CDACM/Consal/2/2020).
CDAC Mumbai Project Manager Engineer Recruitment 2020
37 Job Vacancy Recruitment in NPS Trust 2020 #Sarkari Naukri18 Days Remaining for Apply National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust) is established by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA/Authority). NPS Trust invites applications from eligible Indian citizens for recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Managers on direct recruitment basis. (Advertisement No. 1/2020-21)
National Pension System Trust Jobs Recruitment 2020
40 Recruitment in KVIC 2020#Jobs12 Days Remaining for Apply The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Govt. of India. KVIC invites Online Applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian citizens for direct recruitment of the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Directors and Deputy Directors in KVIC. (Advt. No. KVIC/Adm./Recruitment/Dir-Dy.Dir. (DR)/2(30)/2020-21)
42 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Jharkhand North-East Punjab states#Jharkhand8 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by Jharkhand, North-East, and Punjab Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the states in Jharkhand, North-East and Punjab states. (Advertisement Numbers - GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS CYCLE – III/2020-2021)
44 2000 Probationary Officer Recruitment in SBI#Bank1 Days Remaining for Apply State Bank of India (SBI) invites Online applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment for the recruitment of the following 2000 Sarkari Naukri vacancy position of Probationary Officers (PO) in State Bank of India (SBI) on regular basis for the year 2020-21. (Advertisement no. CRPD/PO/2020-21/12)
SBI, a Fortune 500 company, has an overseas presence t ...
47 Indian Air Force AFCAT 01/2021 for Officer vacancy Recruitment#Defense & Police27 Days Remaining for Apply Air Force Common Admission Online Test (AFCAT) - 01/2021 For Flying Branch and Ground Duties (Technical and Non-Technical)/ NCC Special Entry
Indian Air Force (IAF) invites online applications in the prescribed format for the courses commencing in January 2022 for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) (Men and Women) in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches for Recruitment of SSC/PSC Commissioned Officers.