Tag : # 2019-2020
Renewed thrust to infrastructure development by Indian Railways during the year 2019-2020
The year 2019-2020 saw Indian Railways giving a renewed thrust to infrastructure development.
The allocation for capital expenditure of Rs. 1,61,351 in Revised Budget of the year 2019-2020 was 20.1% higher over 2018-2019. Utilization till end of March 2020 was Rs 1,46,507 Crore, which is 90.8% of the total allocation. With a proposed investment of Rs 50 lakh crores until 2030, Budget 2019 laid the road map for Railways to become the growth engine of the country. Some of the important works undertaken during 2019-2020 are -
New Line (NL), Doubling(DL), Gauge Conversion(GC):
New line, Doubling and Gauge conversion commissioning increased to 2,226 km in 2019-20, which is nearly 50% more with reference to average annual commissioning achieved during 2009-14 (1,520 km/year). During 2019-20, the expenditure incurred by Railway on New line, Gauge conversion and Doubling Projects has been Rs 39,836 crore, which is the highest ever expenditure in the history of Indian Railways.
Expenditure by Railway for doubling projects alone in FY 2019-20 is Rs 22,689 crore, which is over 9 times the average annual expenditure during 2009-14 (Rs 2,462 crore). Doubling commissioned in 2019-20 has been 1458 Km, which is nearly 4 times of average annual commissioning achieved during 2009-14 (375 Km/year).
15 Super Critical Projects Commissioned: Railways had prioritized its entire doubling project shelf Super Critical projects based importance of project, status of progress etc. With focused efforts, 15 critical projects of around 562 Km length and costing Rs 5,622 Crore head have been completed & commissioned out of which 13 were commissioned in FY 2019-20.
Commissioning of important North East Projects:
o 112 Km long New line national project in Tripura, “Agartala–Sabroom” commissioned during FY 2019-20
o 45 Km long length doubling project from Lumding to Hojai completed & commissioned.
Railway Electrification: In FY year 2019-20, Railway Electrification works have been completed on a total of 5,782 Route KMs, out of which 4,378 Route KMs have been commissioned on electric traction upto 31st March 2020.
Commissioning of Important Projects in FY 2019-20:
Total 28 Projects of 1273 Km length got completed & commissioned during FY 2019-20. Details are given below:
• 58.5 Km long New Line project from ThaiyatHamira-Sanu in Rajasthan
• 10.7 Km long bypass line from ChhapraGramin to Khairali in Bihar
• 67.07 Km long New Line project from Rajgir-Hisua-Tilaiya including Islampur-Nateshar in Bihar
• 47.72 Km long Super Critical Doubling Project from Hajipur-Ramdayalu Nagar in Bihar
• 320.04 Km long Gauge Conversion Project from Jaipur-Ringus-Sikar-Churu& Sikar-Loharu in Haryana and Rajasthan
• 7 Km long pending Super Critical Doubling project in Delhi (7 Km length but very important to decongest New Delhi Station) between New Delhi to Tilak Bridge (5th& 6th line)
• 113 Km long New Line Port connectivity project in Andhra Pradesh connecting with Krishnapatnam port
• 55.47 Km long Doubling from Meerut-Muzaffarnagar in U.P
• 2 Km long Bypass line named Jukhei Chord line, bypassing the Katni yard in Madhya Pradesh
• 1.67 Km long doubling project named New Alipore-Mile 5B in Sub-urban area of Sealdah of West Bengal
• 1.025 Km long pending bypass connectivity line named Daund Chord line on Daund-Manmad route in Maharashtra
• 42.57 Km long New Line Coal Project from Kharsia-Korichhapar in Chhattisgarh
• 19 Km long Coal project named Bakhtiyarpur-Barh in Bihar for facilitating the coal movement to Barh NTPC Thermal Power House.
• 7.25 Km long Super Critical Doubling project from Andul-Baltikuri in West Bengal
• 26 Km long Doubling project from Abu Road to SwaroopGanj in Rajasthan
• 23.55 Km long Super Critical Doubling project from Abu Road to Sarotra Road in Rajasthan
• 2.86 Km long Super Critical Doubling project from Mohishilla-Kalipahari in West Bengal
• 51.07 Km long Super Critical Doubling project from Pirpainti-Bhagalpur in Bihar
• 2.62 Km long 4th line project named Kanknara-Naihati in West Bengal
• 60.37 Km long Super Critical Doubling project in Rajasthan
• 81.43 Km long Super Critical Doubling project in Maharashtra named Mudkhed-Parbhani
• 7 Km long Doubling project in Madhya Pradesh named Sontalai-Bagratawa
• 25 Km long Super Critical Doubling project in Madhya Pradesh named Itarsi-Budhni
• 8 Km long Super Critical Doubling project in UP named Billi - Chopan.
• 34 Km long Super Critical 4th line Doubling project in Haryana and Delhi named Tuglakabad - Palwal
• 41 Km long Super Critical Doubling project in Andhra Pradesh named Kaluru - Guntakal
• 44.92 Km long Super Critical Doubling project from Lumding to Hojai in Assam
Total #&ldquo #-
15 #15  #2009-14 #2018-2019. #2019-20 #2019-20
#320.04 #5th& #:
#Agartala&ndash #Alipore-Mile #Andhra #Andul-Baltikuri #Assam
#Bridge #Budget #Bypass #ChhapraGramin #Chhattisgarh
#Commissioned: #Conversion #Critical #Daund-Manmad #Details #Doubling #During #Electrification #Electrification: #Guntakal
#Hajipur-Ramdayalu #Haryana #House.
#Important #Indian #Islampur-Nateshar #Itarsi-Budhni
#Jaipur-Ringus-Sikar-Churu& #Jukhei #Kaluru #Kanknara-Naihati #Khairali #Kharsia-Korichhapar #Krishnapatnam #Lumding #Madhya #Maharashtra #Maharashtra
#Meerut-Muzaffarnagar #Mohishilla-Kalipahari #Mudkhed-Parbhani
#Pirpainti-Bhagalpur #Pradesh #Pradesh
#Project #Projects #Projects: #Railway #Railways #Railways.
#Rajgir-Hisua-Tilaiya #Renewed #Revised #Sabroom&rdquo #Sarotra #Sealdah #Sikar-Loharu #Sontalai-Bagratawa
#Station #Sub-urban #SwaroopGanj #ThaiyatHamira-Sanu #Thermal #Tripura #Tuglakabad #U.P
#Utilization #achieved #allocation #allocation. #annual #around #average #based  #become #below:
#between #bypass #bypassing #capital #commissioned #commissioned.
#commissioning #completed #connecting #connectivity #conversion #costing #country. #critical #crores #decongest #development #development.
The #doubling #during #efforts #electric #engine #entire #etc.  #expenditure #facilitating #focused #giving #growth #higher #highest #history #importance #important #including #increased #incurred #infrastructure #investment #length #movement #national #nearly #o  #pending #port
#prioritized #progress #project #projects #proposed #reference #renewed #status #thrust #traction #undertaken
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register
& Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Redevelopment of CSMT Railway Station
After the in principle approval of Public Private Partnership Appraisal Committee (PPPAC) for the redevelopment of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (Mumbai) Railway Station on PPP mode, Request for Qualification (RFQ) for redevelopment of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (Mumbai) on PPP has been invited by IRSDC vide NIT published on 20.08.2020. The RFQ document is available on http://irsdc.enivida.com/. The Pre Bid Conference is schedu
5. Ministry of YAS provided special assistance to Indian sportspersons for their preparations for the Tokyo Olympics: Union Sports Minister
Indian sportspersons and teams will be participating in the events of Tokyo Olympics 2020 across the 18 sports disciplines viz., Archery, Athletics, Boxing, Badminton, Equestrian, Fencing, Golf, Gymnastics, Hockey, Judo, Rowing, Shooting, Sailing, Swimming, Table Tennis, Tennis, Weightlifting and Wrestling.
The Government has continuously provided support to Indian athletes/ teams for their training, foreign exposures and competitions to enable them to obtain maximum quota for participati
7. Indian mango promotion programme begins in Bahrain
A week-long Indian mango promotion programme began in Bahrain today where 16 varieties of the fruit including three Geographical Indications (GI) certified Khirsapati&Lakshmanbhog (West Bengal), Zardalu (Bihar) are being displayed.
The varieties of mangoes are currently being sold through 13 stores of the group in Bahrain. The mangoes were sourced from farmers in Bengal and Bihar by APEDA registered exporter.
APEDA has been initiating measures to boost m
8. EDII to set up an entrepreneurship development center in Bhutan
EDII to set up an entrepreneurship development center in Bhutan
The Institute has organised a two-day policy makers’ workshop to gain insights into Bhutan’s entrepreneurial landscape, the resources that can be harnessed so that an appropriate strategy could be formulated to float an Entrepreneurship Development Centre in the country based on the feasibility study that will follow this workshop.
July 13, 2021: En
9. Skill India Establishes First Centre of Excellence for Skill Development in Power Sector
In a significant development and in line with the commitment to skill development and vocational training, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India, the Ministry of National Education and Youth, Government of the French Republic and Schneider Electric, today announced the inauguration of first Center of Excellence(CoE) for skill development in power sector in the campus of National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) located at Gwal Pahari, Gurugram (Haryana)to creat
11. Finance Minister launches an Online Dashboard for the National Infrastructure Pipeline
Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP) Online Dashboard here today through video conferencing.
The online dashboard is envisaged as a one stop solution for all stakeholders looking for information on infrastructure projects in New India. The dashboard is being hosted on the India Investment Grid (IIG) (www.indiainvestmentgrid.gov.in). IIG is an interacti
12. Finance Ministry refutes news media reports of alleged black money held by Indians in Switzerland
Certain reports have appeared in the media on 18.06.2021 stating that funds of Indians in Swiss Banks have risen to over Rs 20,700 crore (CHF 2.55 billion) at the end of 2020 from Rs 6,625 crore (CHF 899 million) at the end of 2019, reversing a 2 year declining trend. It has also been stated that this is also the highest figure of deposits in the last 13 years.
Media reports allude to the fact that the figures reported are official figures reported by banks to Swiss National Bank (SNB)
16. Ministry of Culture to celebrate IDY2021 by organizing special drive “Yoga An Indian Heritage” across the country
Yoga is gradually taking a centre stage in everyone’s life for its proven role in physical, mental and spiritual happiness, being globally acknowledged. It signifies the intangible cultural heritage of humanity for the whole world making it imperative to disseminate and promote its importance on a larger platform.
Therefore, Ministry of Culture, Government of India is planning to celebrate International Day of Yoga by organizing a drive named “Yoga An Indian Heritage” as
19. Increase in Child Marriage Cases during the Lockdown
As per the information received from National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), there is no data to indicate rising number of child marriage cases during the lockdown period.
The Government has enacted the ‘Prohibition of Child Marriage Act (PCMA), 2006’. The Government also undertakes awareness drives, media campaigns and outreach programmes and issues advisories to the States/ UTs from time to time to highlight evil effects of this practice. Further, the Ministry of Women and Child Dev
20. NCC cadets start serving people during COVID-19 pandemic under Exercise NCC Yogdan
Civil and police administration have started requisitioning for services of senior division National Cadet Corps (NCC) cadets in fight against Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Some of them have started giving service from today. Ministry of Defence (MoD) had allowed temporary employment of NCC cadets last week under ‘Exercise NCC Yogdan’ and guidelines were also issued in this regard. These cadets will give a helping hand to state and municipal authorities to augment relief efforts.
22. Govt of India approves Rs 445 Crore for implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Chhattisgarh during 2020-21
Govt of India approves Rs 445 Crore for implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Chhattisgarh during 2020-21
Chhattisgarh State presented their Annual Action Plan for 2020-21 for consideration and approval of Ministry of Jal Shakti. Significantly, Jal Jeevan Mission launched under the Ministry of Jal Shakti is aimed to provide adequate potable drinking water of prescribed quality on regular and long-term basis to every rural household of the country by the 2024. A budget of whopping Rs 3
24. EPFO payroll data: 12.76 lakh net subscribers added during April, 2021
The provisional payroll data of EPFO published on 20th June, 2021 highlights that EPFO has added around 12.76 lakh net subscribers during April, 2021. Despite the second wave of COVID-19 pandemic, April 2021 registered an increase of 13.73% net subscribers addition as compared to the previous month during which around 11.22 lakh net subscribers were added to the payroll. Data reflects that the number of exits in the month of April, 2021 have declined by 87,821 and rejoining has increased b
25. Come, Innovate in India, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan appeals to Indian students from across the globe
Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Steel Shri Dharmendra Pradhan has appealed to the Indian students from various top global universities to come and innovate in India, to explore the emerging opportunities. He was interacting with a vibrant group of young overseas Indian scholars, students and friends, yesterday on last-mile energy access in India. The e-meet was organised by Lead India group of Princeton University, Think India Purdue, Develop Empower & Synergize India group at University