MoHUA releases series of advisories on World Environment Day 2020
In commemoration of World Environment Day 2020, Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched a series of advisories at Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi. The program titled ‘Saving Biodiversity through Effective Waste Management’ was webcast live and was also attended by Shri DurgaShanker Mishra, Secretary, MoHUA and Shri V.K. Jindal, Joint Secretary and National Mission Director, Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban (SBM-U).
The three key advisories released included the ‘Advisory on Material Recovery Facilities (MRFs) for Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)’, ‘Advisory on Landfill Reclamation’ and a ‘Consultative Document (draft) on On-site and Off-site Sewage Management Practices’ prepared by the Central Public Health and Environmental Engineering Organisation (CPHEEO) under SBM-U. Speaking at the event, the Minister said, “ On this day, we get the chance to reinforce the intrinsic connection between biodiversity conservation and effective waste management. Swachhata and conservation of biodiversity indeed go hand in hand”. He further added, “When the Hon’ble Prime Minister launched SBM-U in 2014, it was with the twin objective of making urban India Open defecation Free along with 100% scientific solid waste management. We have made significant strides in both these areas. Almost all of urban India is today ODF and scientific processing of solid waste, which stood at a mere 18% at the start of the Mission in 2014, has more than tripled and now stands at 65%. However, there is still a long way to go. The documents being released today by my Ministry is an effort to find and facilitate sustainable solutions to some of the key problems hindering holistic sanitation and solid waste management.” The Ministry also released a toolkit for a communication campaign on faecal sludge management titled‘Malasur- The Demon of Defeca’ which aims to heighten the risk perception of faecal sludge. Conceptualized and designed in support from BBC Media Action, the toolkit has a host of creative outputs in 10 Indian languages along with English.
Elaborating on the importance of the day and the need for these documents, the Minister said, “The launch of these documents cannot come at a more opportune occasion. MoHUA has been constantly working on capacity building of Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) to focus on various components of solid waste management and holistic sanitation including wastewater treatment not just through the creation of infrastructure but through capacity building and behaviour change communication.The release of these documents is another step in this direction. On the occasion of World Environment Day, I once again want to reiterate MoHUA’s commitment to conserving all forms of life on earth. This can only happen when we take the mandate of Swachhata forward and truly unlock the potential of 3Rs, circular and blue economy. I am confident that this will lead to improved public health and quality of life apart from generating jobs, integration of informal workers into the formal workforce, generation of revenue and creation of new products from waste streams finally leading to not just a Swachh (clean) but a Swasth (healthy), Sashakt (empowered), Sampann (prosperous) and Atmanirbhar (self-reliant) Bharat. Let us therefore, once again, reaffirm our pledge to clean our air, land and water and thus preserve the bounties of nature for now and the future”.
The launch was followed by a consultative virtual workshop on the ‘Draft Advisory for On-Site & Off-Site Sewage Management Practices in India’ which was attended by over 100 participants comprising representatives from States and ULBs along with academicians and subject matter experts.
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
3. PM addresses India Mobile Congress 2020 Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi delivered inaugural address at the virtual India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020 today through video conference. The theme for IMC 2020 is "Inclusive Innovation - Smart, Secure, Sustainable”. It aims to align to the Prime Minister’s vision to promote ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat’, ‘Digital Inclusivity’, and ‘Sustainable development, entrepreneurship & innovation’. It also aims to drive foreign and local investments, encourage R
5. 8 Para athletes in four different sports included in TOPS scheme At the 50th meeting of the Mission Olympic Cell that was held on November 26, the decision to include 8 Para Athletes in four different sports Para Athletics, Para Shooting, Para Badminton and Para Table Tennis into the Target Olympic Podium Scheme was taken.
Para Athletics: Men’s Discus Thrower in F52 event Vinod Kumar who has qualified for the Tokyo Paralympics at the World Championships was included in the TOPS scheme. Praveen Kumar who has qualified for the Tokyo Paralympics in Men&rs
6. MOHUA launches Socio-Economic Profiling of PM SVANidhi beneficiaries Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launched a programme of Socio-Economic Profiling of PM SVANidhi beneficiaries and their families today, as an additional component of PM SVANidhi Scheme, in the presence of representatives of various Central Ministries and State officials. Under this, a complete profile of each PM SVANidhi beneficiary and their family members will be prepared. Based on the profiled data, benefits of the various eligible Central S
10. Young scientists share innovative ideas in a range of areas at the SCO Young Scientist Conclave Young scientists shared their innovative ideas in a range of thematic areas in the five days Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Young Scientist Conclave which concluded recently. The areas included agriculture and food processing; sustainable energy and energy storage; biotechnology and bioengineering; combating COVID-19 and emerging pandemics through research and innovation; environmental protection and natural resource management,
22 young scientists were given certificates of appreciati
12. Successful Trials of 5.56 x 30 mm Joint Venture Protective Carbine (JVPC) Defence Research and Development Organsiation (DRDO) designed 5.56x30 mm Protective Carbine has successfully undergone the final phase of User trials on 7th December 2020 meeting all the GSQR parameters. This has paved the way for induction into the services. This was the last leg of trials in a series of User trials which have been carried out in extreme temperature conditions in summer and high altitudes in winter. JVPC has successfully met the stringent performance criteria of reliability and ac
13. Inauguration of Hypersonic Wind Tunnel at DRDO Hyderabad Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh visited DRDO’s Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Missile Complex during his visit to Hyderabad on 19th Dec 2020. Hon’ble Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Shri G Kishan Reddy and Dr G Satheesh Reddy, Secretary, Department of Defence R&D and Chairman, DRDO accompanied him during the visit. Cluster DGs, Lab Directors and Programme Directors briefed the dignitaries about the ongoing projects and technological developments. On this occasion, Hyderabad based DRDO labs
15. PM participates in Dev Deepawali Mahotsav in Varanasi The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi participated in Dev Deepawali Mahotsav in Varanasi today.
Addressing the event, the Prime Minister said it was another special occasion for Kashi as, He said, the idol of Mata Annapurna that was stolen from Kashi more than 100 years ago, is now coming back again. It is a matter of great fortune for Kashi. He said these ancient idols of our gods and goddesses are a symbol of our faith as well as our priceless heritage.
The Prime Minister said if s
16. Razorpay and PayPal Partner to Help Indian MSME’s and Freelancers go Global Razorpay and PayPal Partner to Help Indian MSME’s and Freelancers go Global
The partnership will make international payments seamless and safer
Razorpay is the first payment gateway to offer an integration with PayPal without code
Mumbai, 2nd December: Continuing its efforts to empower businesses with easy access to digital payment technologies,
18. Ministry of Tourism organises Domestic Tourism roadshow in Goa Ministry of Tourism, Government of India organised the domestic tourism road show in Goa today through its IndisTourism office in Goa . This event was organised in collaboration with Goa Tourism and Travel and Tourism Association of Goa (TTAG).
This B2B event and second in series of domestic tourism Road Shows in the Western and Central Region that the Ministry of Tourism has planned to conduct since the Covid–19 outbreak was inaugurated byMs. Rupinder Brar , Additional Director General,
21. English rendering of PM’s address in the 19th Episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat 2.0’ on 27.12.2020 My dear countrymen, Namaskar. Today is the 27th of December. Just four days later, 2021 is about to usher in. In a way, today’s Mann Ki Baat is the concluding Mann Ki Baat of 2020. The next Mann Ki Baat will commence in 2021. Friends, numerous letters written by you are there in front of me. The suggestions you sent on Mygov too are there. Many have expressed themselves over the phone. Most of the messages comprise experiences of the year gone by and resolutions for 2021. Anjali from Kolhapur
22. PM to inaugurate construction work of Agra Metro project on 7th December Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the construction of the Agra Metro Project on 7th December 2020 at 12.00 noon via video conferencing. Union Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Shri Yogi Adityanath, and other dignitaries will also attend the event that will be held at 15 Battalion PAC parade ground in Agra.
About Agra Metro Project
The Agra Metro project comprises 2 corridors with a total le
24. Global Indian Scientists & Technocrats (GIST) meet begins at IISF2020 IISF-2020
Union Minister for S&T, ES and MoHFW, Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the Global Indian Scientists & Technocrats (GIST) meet which is being organized as a part of the Indian International Science Festival (IISF) 2020. Speaking on the occasion, Dr Harsh Vardhan observed, “India is blessed with a large S&T Diaspora spread across the globe who
26 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs12 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...
27 Direct Recruitment Job Vacancy in National Book Trust 2021#Jobs21 Days Remaining for Apply The National Book Trust (NBT) is an apex professional body established by the Government of India, invites application in the prescribed format from eligible candidates for recruitment and filling up the following Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts on direct recruitment basis for its head office at New Delhi and regional offices at Bengaluru, Mumbai and Kolkata (Advertisement No.Estt./43/2020).
National Book Trust Regular Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancies