Union Minister & a renowned Diabetologist Dr Jitendra Singh says, COVID poses trying times for Diabetics.
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh, who is also a renowned Diabetologist, said here today that COVID poses trying times for Diabetics. Delivering the inaugural address, as chief guest, at the "World Congress of Indian Academy of Diabetes" being held for the first time on Virtual platform under the name “Dia-V Con 2020”, Dr Jitendra Singh said, like in many other fields, even in academics, COVID has prompted us to discover new norms in adversity, which is visibly evident in the success of an international conference like this of such a big magnitude.
He complimented renowned Endocrinologist Dr Shashank Joshi from Mumbai, Dr. Banshi Saboo from Ahmedabad and the entire team of organizers for having brought together the best of faculty from as many as four continents of the world, including eminent world scholars of Diabetes like Dr Andrew Boulton, President International Diabetes Federation, Dr Fracese Xavier, Dr Itarnar Raz, Dr Florian Totai as well as leading Indian Diabetologists like Dr V Mohan, Dr Arvind Gupta and others.
Dr Jitendra Singh said, those suffering from Diabetes have an immuno-comprised status, which tends to reduce their resistance and make them more vulnerable to Corona like infections as well as consequent complications. This, he said, leads to an even more vulnerable situation when a patient suffering from Diabetes also has kidney involvement or diabetic-nephropathy, chronic kidney disease etc.
In a situation like this, Dr Jitendra Singh noted that the Diabetologists owned a special responsibility towards their patients in keeping their blood sugar level strictly under control to avoid infection and at the same time educating them about precautions to be exercised. He said, even though the COVID related death rate in India has been low as compared to other countries, most of the deaths occurred here were among those Corona positive patients who were also suffering from co-morbidities or chronic disorders like Diabetes.
While Corona has taught us to live with new norms, Dr Jitendra Singh said, it has also given the physicians a cue to emphasize on the non-pharmacological methods of management including hygiene etc which had somehow lost due importance in recent years. He noted, even after the COVID pandemic is over, the discipline of social distancing and avoiding droplet infection will act as safeguard against many other infections as well.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Giloy: Benefits and Uses Giloy: Benefits and Uses
For centuries, we have been trying to make our life healthy with the resources set by nature, one of these herbs is also considered as Giloy. Which is not only used in Ayurvedic herbs, but Giloy is also being used in today's medicines. It was commonly used to treat fever, increase digestibility, etc. Although the stem of Giloy is most useful, we can
2. What You Should Learn About Teeth Whitening? Teeth whitening is an incredibly compelling technique for enhancing the shade of teeth without harming it or eliminating any bit of the surface. These days most medical treatments such as tooth replacement and cosmetic dental bonding become faster and safer than traditional days. Teeth whitening also becomes much safer and capable of delivering attractive results. This process demands more than one appointment with the dentist Highland Village TX to
3. Covid-19 Testing Labs According to the Indian Council of Medical Research, an autonomous organisation under the Department of Health Research, the total number of testing labs all over India authorised and set up for testing of Covid-19 for the months of March, April, May, June and July 2020, month-wise is as under:
4. Allocation of Funds to States for Battling COVID-19 Public health and hospitals being a State subject, the primary responsibility of treatment of COVID-19 patients lies with the respective State governments. States/UTs are using their own resources for COVID-19 management including for treatment of the patients and the details are not maintained centrally.
Besides this, States/UTs are being provided required technical and financial assistance under National Health Mission (NHM) for managing the COVID-19.
5. Strategic Approach to Combat Covid-19 India would be following a scenario based approach for the following possible scenarios, (i) Travel related case reported in India, (ii) Local transmission of COVID-19, (iii) Large outbreaks amenable to containment, (iv) Wide-spread community Transmission of COVID-19 disease and (v) India becomes endemic for COVID-19.
Currently many areas are experiencing large outbreaks amenable to containment. Hence a containment strategy is being followed by Government of India.
6. Health Outreach Services during Covid-19 The Government has been regularly reviewing the situation in consultation with States/UTs. In order to improve the nutritional status of Women and Children, Ministry of Women and Child Development is implementing Supplementary Nutrition Programme under Anganwadi Services and Scheme for Adolescent Girls under the Umbrella Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme to children (6 months to 6 years), Pregnant Women, Lactating Mothers and out-of-school Adolescent Girls (11-14 years). As per the dire
8. Liposuction in Hyderabad, India | Dr YV Rao Clinic Dear excessive fat,
Nobody likes you! Why do you make way into my body without my consent?
Excessive fat around the waist and chubbiness in the thighs and back is not physically appealing. People
may call you but some might even take offense. While body shaming is not okay, but
maintaining healthy weight is important.
Some people do not gain weight after eating a lot of junk and others put on weight just by breathing air!
It is the true story
9. Buy Super Kamagra From UK And How Long Does Super Kamagra Last ? A healthy intercourse between the couples is the key to a happy and successful relationship. As long as a man physically satisfies his companion and fulfils her inner desires and cravings, there is very little chance of any problem. However, the moment a man loses interest in intercourse - whatever may be the cause – their compatibility, mutual understanding, bonding and the vows of a life long relationship, goes for a toss. One such physical inability, which is a major cause of c
10. Improve erection quality and prolong love making session with Tadalafil 20 mg Men are under tremendous stress in current times due to unbearable work pressure and cut throat competition at their workplace. They have to work late at night at odd hours to accomplish their target, in order to save their jobs and to rise high in their professional career. When such people reach home after a long and tiring day at the workplace, they are unable to perform satisfactory lovemaking with their female partner in the bedroom due to stress, fatigue and loss of libido.
Such men neith
11. AYUSH practices inducted into the Management Protocol for COVID - 19 recovered patients Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) issued a protocol on Post COVID Management on 13th September, 2020. The protocol provides an integrated holistic approach for patients of COVID to care at home and is not meant to be used as preventive/curative therapy. It also states that the recovery period is likely to be longer for patients who suffered from more severe form of the disease and those with pre-existing illness. The protocol is also notable for the induction of various AYUSH practices of hea
12. Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme Rapid molecular diagnostics are presently available at 1360 blocks across the country. State wise number of blocks with rapid molecular diagnostics is given below:
State wise number of blocks with rapid molecular diagnostics
13. Status of Development of COVID Vaccine in India While the Govt. and Industry are trying their best to make available a safe and effective vaccine for COVID-19 at the earliest, it is difficult to comment on the exact timelines in view of various complex pathways involved in vaccine development.
The Government has constituted a high-level National Expert Group on vaccine administration for COVID-19 which is chaired by Member, Niti Aayog and co-chaired by Secretary, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. Other representatives are: Secretary,
14. Checking Overcharging by Private Hospitals Government of India has taken a series of actions to prevent, control and mitigate the impact of COVID-19. India followed a “whole of Government” and “whole of society” approach. Hon’ble Prime Minister, a High level Group of Ministers (GoM), Cabinet Secretary, Committee of Secretaries and senior officers in MoHFW continue to monitor public health response to COVID-19 in the country.
The public health actions were taken in a pre-emptive, pro-active,
15. Food inflation As per Consumer Price Index compiled by Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), the food inflation was 5.1% in September, 2019 which had gone up 14.12% in December, 2019. In January, 2020, the food inflation was 13.63%. As per the latest available figure, food inflation in July, 2020 was 9.62% (Provisional). Food inflation captures the year-on-year increase in the indices of food items in the consumption basket.
The Government has taken various measures from tim
17. COVID-19 Fatalities amongst Healthcare Workers Health is a State subject. Such data is not maintained at Central level by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. However, database of those seeking relief under the “Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Insurance Package” is maintained at national level.
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare provided guideline on Infection Prevention and Control practices to the State Governments. Training was conducted for all the States in the month of March 2020. A training plan was also conveyed to Stat
18. Stimulus Package for COVID-19 The Central Government, on 26th March, 2020 announced a relief package under the “Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana”, totaling Rs.1.70 lakh crore for the poor to help them fight the battle against Corona Virus. Around 42 crore poor people have received financial assistance of Rs. 68, 820 crore under this scheme.
Central Government allowed the State Governments to use the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) on 14th March, 2020 for taking measures for quarantine facilities,&nbs
19. Covid-19 Cases in CAPFs CAPF wise details of Covid-19 positive cases and deaths due to Covid-19 as on 10.09.2020 is given below:-
Name of the Force
Total positive cases
No of deaths
21. Treatment of Non-COVID-19 Patients During Pandemic The patients who were not suffering from Corona but still have been treated in AIIMS and Central Government run hospitals in IPD as well as in OPD after 24th March, 2020 in the country is given in Annexure.
As per the National Health Accounts (NHA) Estimates 2016-17 (latest available), public expenditure on health as a percentage of GDP is 1.2%.
No such patient who was already admitted in AIIMS or Central Government run hospitals whether serious/critical or non-serious was disch
22. States offered land for setting up of Central Research Institutes of Yoga and Naturopathy The State Governments of Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Odisha, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, and Haryana have providedand offered land for setting up of Central Research Institutes of Yoga and Naturopathy (CRIYN) in their respective States through Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy (CCRYN), an Autonomous Body under Ministry of AYUSH.
So far, the Government has released funds for establishment of three CRIs in Haryana, Karnataka and Odisha. The details
23. Details of loan disbursal by World Bank to India to fight COVID-19 pandemic The World Bank has so far provided three loans worth $2.5 billion to Government of India to support Government of India’s response to COVID-19 pandemic situation for health ($1 billion), for social protection ($0.75 billion) and for economic stimulus ($0.75 billion), the benefits of which have accrued to all States and UTs. This was stated by Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, Union Minister of State for Finance & Corporate Affairs in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
24. Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic The Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying with a view to avoid adverse impact on fisheries due to COVID-19 pandemic lockdown in the country, had issued advisory to State Governments/Union Territories(UTs) to include fish and shrimp in the list of commodities to exempt from lockdown and also allow movement of fish and fish products, fish seed & fish feed for fish-farmers/fishers, aquaculture farms and other commercial establishments like aquarium shop etc. Besid
25. 871 scheduled formulations of Essential medicines are covered under price control mechanism Government has said that The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) has fixed the ceiling prices of 871 scheduled formulations of medicines under National List of Essential Medicines (NLEM), 2015.
The fixation of Ceiling price includes ceiling price of Cardiac Stents under Para 19 of the Drug Price Control Orders (DPCO), 2013 resulting in price reduction for Coronary Stents worked out up to 85% for Bare Metal Stents and 74% for Drug Eluting Stents.
This information was
26 UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021#UPSC15 Days Remaining for Apply UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Shahjahan Road, Dholpur House, New Delhi – 110069 will hold a Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 (Computer Based Test) on 21/02/2021 for selection to Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination, 2021 for recruitment to following 40 Govt. Job Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Geophysicist, Chemist, and Hydrogeologists (Scientist B) in Geologica ...
27 Stenographer Recruitment Exam 2020 by SSC#SSC9 Days Remaining for Apply Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination 2020 from 29/03/2021 to 31/03/2021 for Recruitment of Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India
28 UPSC Government Jobs Recruitment 12/2020 Vacancies#UPSC3 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 29/10/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty - Assistant Professor), Foreman, Scientific Assistant, Engineer etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 12/2020).
29 FSSAI invites application for engagingone Consultant/Young Professional (Legal)#Jobs2 Days Remaining for Apply he Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous statutory Authority set up under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 for laying down science based standards for articles of food and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import, to ensure availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption.
FSSAI proposes to fill-up positions inviting applications from self-motivated professionals to be engaged on contract basis as ...
31 Recruitment of Teaching Faculty in Ch. Ranbir Singh University (CRSU) Jind 2020#Haryana6 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Teaching Faculty in CRSU Jind 2020
Online applications are invited for the following Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy positions at the levels of Professor and Associate Professors for Direct Recruitment on Regular Basis in Ch. Ranbir Singh University (CRSU), Jind, Haryana in the various subjects/disciplines (Advertisement No.: 05/2020).
Faculty Vacancy Recruitment CRSU Jind 2020
CRSU Jind Teaching Faculty Recruitment 2020 Vacanc ...
33 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Himachal Pradesh#Himachal Pradesh11 Days Remaining for Apply India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Himachal Pradesh
Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by Odisha and Tamil Nadu Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the state in Himachal Pradesh. (Advertisement Numbers - R&E/77-55/2020)
34 Faculty and Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in NRTI Vadodara 2020#Gujarat15 Days Remaining for Apply Faculty and Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in NRTI Vadodara 2020
The National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI) Vadodara (Gujarat) invites online applications in the prescribed format from committed academics and practitioners with quality teaching experience, publications, and research expertise for the Faculty Sarkari Naukri Vacancy at the level of Professor/ Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor in various areas/ disciplines and some other Non-Teaching ...
39 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13/2020#UPSC17 Days Remaining for Apply UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13/2020
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 12/11/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially System Analyst cum Computer Programmer and Foreman etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 13/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13 ...