There are many more feathers that can be added to the cap when it comes to the Statue of Unity- scheduled to be inaugurated on 31st of October. Standing at a mouth-gaping height of 182 meters, this statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is a good 54 meters taller than the Spring Temple Buddha (China). The latter is now the second largest statue in the world.
While the statue is one of PM Modi’s treasured projects, it hasn’t always escaped controversies. Nonetheless, it is the talk of the day. So, let’s take a closer look at this giant replica of India’s very own Iron Man.
Statue of Unity: All You Need to Know
Facing the Narmada dam, the statue of unity is situated on Sadhu Bet, a river island in the state of Gujarat. To facilitate an easier commute to the statue, the Gujarat government has also initiated the construction of a 3.5 km long highway for tourists to reach from Kevadia town.
Designed by Ram V. Sutar, the statue’s features were finalized after studying nearly 2000 archived photographs of Patel. People who had personally seen the man, along with historians were also consulted to make sure the statue of unity looked as accurate and life-like as possible. Here is all you need to know about the legendary statue:
1. Standing at a height of 182 meters, the statue was built by nearly 3000 workers.
2. The construction began on 31st October 2013, also the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
3. There is a viewing gallery at the height of 153 meters, with a capacity of 200 people. It offers an expansive view of the Narmada dam, Satpura and Vindhya mountain ranges, and many more.
4. The total cost of the construction is estimated to be Rs. 2989 crores.
5. A 52-room three-star hotel near the statue is already under construction.
6. Attractions like a shopping center, selfie point will also be in the close periphery.
7. The river island is connected to the mainland via a 30 meters long bridge. However, tourists can also take a boat ride to the statue.
RELATED POSTBanking and Finance terms in IndiaQuestion & Answer (useful for various examinations)Download Complete UPSC Notes (Hindi Medium) GS-I GS-II, GS-III & GS-IVJEE Main Online Question Papers & Answer keys (2014-2017)Railway Group D Paper 2018Important Commissions and Committees in India.Statue of Unity: The Tallest Statue in the WorldBrand Ambassador 2018 Complete ListNotes on Chemistryपंचायती राज से संबंधित महत्वपूर्ण प्रश्न उत्तरNotes on HistoryNervous System | Notes on BiologyUNIX Introductionमौर्य काल: एक नजर मेंVaccines and Immunization | Facts and InformationNotes on Indian Polityप्राचीन काल की महत्वपूर्ण पुस्तकें8 Cabinet approved Capacity Development SchemeTips For Students: How to Take Good Notes for Studying General Science Top 5 Cuisines In The World Railway Upcoming Recruitment 2018-19 ntpc,rpf,asm,ticket collector,clerk #ExamDate #NeoWorldTech World Human Rights Day | Special Video | Flowers Miss World Manushi Chhillar Giving healthy, Fitness & Study Tips and Telling Whats She Follows World GK Questions for IAS, Bank PO, SSC CGL, RAS, CDS, UPSC Exams || GK Adda ROBOT 2.0 11th Day RECORD BREAKING WORLDWIDE BOX office collection || MEGA BLOCKBUSTER HIT
2.0 enters Rs 500 crore club in worldwide box office collections Most Shocking CCTV Viral Videos Around The World 2017 Buddha and Ashoka: Crash Course World History #6