There are many more feathers that can be added to the cap when it comes to the Statue of Unity- scheduled to be inaugurated on 31st of October. Standing at a mouth-gaping height of 182 meters, this statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is a good 54 meters taller than the Spring Temple Buddha (China). The latter is now the second largest statue in the world.
While the statue is one of PM Modi’s treasured projects, it hasn’t always escaped controversies. Nonetheless, it is the talk of the day. So, let’s take a closer look at this giant replica of India’s very own Iron Man.
Statue of Unity: All You Need to Know
Facing the Narmada dam, the statue of unity is situated on Sadhu Bet, a river island in the state of Gujarat. To facilitate an easier commute to the statue, the Gujarat government has also initiated the construction of a 3.5 km long highway for tourists to reach from Kevadia town.
Designed by Ram V. Sutar, the statue’s features were finalized after studying nearly 2000 archived photographs of Patel. People who had personally seen the man, along with historians were also consulted to make sure the statue of unity looked as accurate and life-like as possible. Here is all you need to know about the legendary statue:
1. Standing at a height of 182 meters, the statue was built by nearly 3000 workers.
2. The construction began on 31st October 2013, also the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
3. There is a viewing gallery at the height of 153 meters, with a capacity of 200 people. It offers an expansive view of the Narmada dam, Satpura and Vindhya mountain ranges, and many more.
4. The total cost of the construction is estimated to be Rs. 2989 crores.
5. A 52-room three-star hotel near the statue is already under construction.
6. Attractions like a shopping center, selfie point will also be in the close periphery.
7. The river island is connected to the mainland via a 30 meters long bridge. However, tourists can also take a boat ride to the statue.
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Free Government job study material, old question papers, and mock tests. Here are some of the freely available Government job study material, old question papers, and mock tests.
1. Andhra Pradesh PSC
Mock Test - https://psc.ap.gov.in/(S(trubzeva4f4b2dcsvnzhln1a))/HomePages/MockTest.aspx
2. Arunachal Pradesh PSC
Previous year Question Papers - http://www.appsc.gov.in/PreviousYearQuestionPaper.htm
Model Question Papers and Answers Boo
2. About Right to Information Act 2005 About Right to Information Act 2005
Bringing Information to the Citizens
Right to Information Act 2005 mandates timely response to citizen requests for government information. It is an initiative taken by Department of Personnel and Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions to provide a– RTI Portal Gateway to the citizens for quick search of information on the details of first Appellate Authorities,PIOs etc. amongst others, besides access
3. General Knowledge Questions - 7 General Knowledge Questions - 7
1. If we add Extra solvent to a solution, it becomes-
A. Super satured
D. Colloidal solution
2. The world famous Ajanta Caves is located in-
B. Andhra Pradesh
3. The mobile handset making company "Nokia" was recently purchased by
4. General Knowledge Questions - 10 General Knowledge Questions - 10
1. Subhash Bose disappeared from his residence in the year-
2. The first Indian to receive an Oscar for music direction is-
A. K.L Saigal
B. Pankaj Kumar Mollick
C. Salil Chowdhury
D. A.R Rahaman
3. The first bengali translator of "Mahabharata" was-
A. Kabikanakan Mukundaram.
5. General Knowledge Questions - 11 General Knowledge Questions - 11
Q. What is the width of a football Goal?
Answer: 8 yards
Q. The term "Double fault" is associated with which sports?
Q. Bronchitis is the abnormality of-
Answer: Respiratory tract.
Q. Which is the first Indian aircraft carrier which has been recently decommissioned?
Answer: INS Vikrant
Q. Which political party is formed by Imran Khan in Pakis
6. General Knowledge Questions - 2 General Knowledge Questions - 2
Q. FIBA is related with Which sport ?
Q. "ASEAN", the south east organisation has how many members?
Q. Vijay hazare trophy is related to which sport?
Q. World Autism day is celebrated on-
Answer: 2nd April
Q. Who has the power to appoint Union Public Service Commission members in India?
7. Vidyapati (1352–1448), Vidyapati (1352–1448), also known by the sobriquet Maithil Kavi Kokil (the poet cuckoo of Maithili), was a Maithili and Sanskrit poet, writer and polyglot.
Vidyapati's influence was not just restricted to Maithili and Sanskrit literature but also extended to other Eastern literary traditions.The language at the time of Vidyapati, the prakrit-derived late abahatta, had just begun to transition into early versions of the Eastern languages such as Maithili, Bhojpuri etc.
8. General Knowledge Questions - 9 General Knowledge Questions - 9
1. Koutilya wrote the book named-
2. On the different blood groups A, B, AB and O which one can be given to a person whose blood group is A?
A. Group A only
B. Group B only
C. Group A and O
D. Group A and B
3. A body moving uniformly along a circular path has-
A. Constant velocity
9. General Knowledge Questions - 6 General Knowledge Questions - 6
1. The name of the Indian cricketer who taken ten wickets in one innings of a test cricket match(for men)
A. B.S. Bedi
C. Kapil Dev
D. Anil Kumbley
2. Ecology is the study of interrelations among-
A. Soil and water
B. Man and Environment
C. Organisms and environment
D. Members of a family
3. The world famous athlete Usain Bolt is fro
10. NISHTHA | National Portal of India
NISHTHA | National Portal of India
NISHTHA, India, India Portal, National Portal of India, Government Information, Government Services, National Informatics Centre, NIC, nic, e-Government, e-Governance in India, MeitY
The Department of School Education and Literacy has launched a National Mission to improve learning outcomes at the elementary level through an Integra
11. Top General Knowledge Based Question for Competitive Exam. General Knowledge is a common topic for any examination. So it is the most important subject for everyone. Through this page, you can get a general knowledge about India and abroad, sports, politics, awards, new policies, history etc. If you are preparing for competitive exams like IAS, PCS, Railways, SSC, UPSC, Bank and other state government exams. then this page can help you a lot.
So let’s take a view on Gen
12. What is Vedic Mathematics
Vedic Mathematics is a collection of Techniques/Sutras to solve mathematical arithmetics in easy and faster way. It consists of 16 Sutras (Formulae) and 13 sub-sutras (Sub Formulae) which can be used for problems involved in arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, conics.
Vedic Mathematics is a system of mathematics which was
13. Does Complex Numbers / Imaginary number i exists?? Does Complex Numbers / Imaginary number i exists??
People studying Higher Mathematics are often confused with the existence of Complex Numbers and its Imaginary number “i”.
What are Complex Numbers:
Complex Numbers are numbers whose 1st part is Real while 2nd part is Imaginary and is expressed as a+bi
a –> Real Part
bi –> Imaginary Part and
14. Procedure to Download the CA Final Question Papers with Suggested Answers If you want the Past attempt CA final question papers with suggested answers then, you can download it in a few simple steps. The procedure to download is available in this article. Detailed importance is also present in this article. Further, the exam pattern of the CA final is available. From this attempt (November 2019), ICAI has made some changes which are also available in this article.
15. Top 10 Indian Mathematicians and their Contributions It is no doubt that the world today is greatly indebted to the contributions made by Indian mathematicians. One of the most important contribution made by them was the introduction of decimal system as well as the invention of zero. Here are some the famous Indian mathematicians dating back from Indus Valley civilization and Vedas to Modern times.
16. Computer – Some Important Abbreviations Computer – Some Important Abbreviations
Al – Artificial intelligence
ALGOL – Algorithmic Language
ARP – Address resolution Protocol
ASCII – American Standard Code for Information Interchange
BINAC – Binary Automatic Computer
BCC – Blind Carbon Copy
Bin – Binary
BASIC – Beginner’
17. Vaccines and Immunization | Facts and Information Vaccination is the administration of antigenic material (a vaccine) to stimulate an individual's immune system to develop adaptive immunity to a pathogen. Vaccines can prevent or ameliorate morbidity from infection. When a sufficiently large percentage of a population has been vaccinated, this results in herd immunity. The effectiveness of vaccination has been widely studied and verified; for example, the influenza vaccine, the HPV vaccine, and the chicken pox vaccine. Vaccination is the most eff
18. Abbreviations Related to Marketing Aptitude: Abbreviations Related to Marketing Aptitude:HNI – High Networth Individual.EOQ – Economic Order quality.FDR – Fixed Deposit Receipts.CNP – Cardholder Not Present.PIN – Personal Identification Number.SEO – Search Engine Optimization.CRM – Customer Relationship Management.BPO – Business Process Outsourcing.VAT – Value Added Tax.IDRA – Industries Development and Regu
19. National Pollution Control Day The National Pollution Control Day is celebrated every year on 2nd of December in India in order to give the honor and memorialize the thousands of human beings who had lost their existence because of the Bhopal gas calamity. Bhopal gas tragedy was happened in the night of 2nd and 3rd December in the year 1984 because of the unintentional discharge of the poisonous chemical known as Methyl Isocyanate (also called MIC) as well as some other chemicals released from the Union Carbide Chemical Plant position
20. MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS ON COMPUTER AWARNESS MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS ON COMPUTER AWARNESS
Which of the following is a storage device that uses rigid, permanently installed magnetic disks to store data/information
A set of instruction is called
21. Education in Bihar Education in Bihar
The Ancient Period
The appreciation of the importance of education and educational practices in Bihar
date back to the period of Gautama Buddha and Mahavir in the 5th century BC. During that period, the Buddhist and Jainist education started in parallel with the traditional Vedic education. The Buddhist education was based on the Ashtangic (eight-fold) Path, and its distinguishing features were: the introduction of
22. Right to Information Right to Information is an Act of the Parliament of India to be responsible for setting out the practical rule of the right to information for citizens and substitutes the past Freedom of information Act, 2002. If you are familiar with the RTI concepts, wiling to change the career into RTI field, then we in Wisdomjobs have provided you with all kinds of interview question and answers that you are going to get in the RTI. You can apply to the government jobs if you are good at RTI. If you are good at RTI
23. Statue of Unity: The Tallest Statue in the World There are many more feathers that can be added to the cap when it comes to the Statue of Unity- scheduled to be inaugurated on 31st of October. Standing at a mouth-gaping height of 182 meters, this statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is a good 54 meters taller than the Spring Temple Buddha (China). The latter is now the second largest statue in the world.
While the statue is one of PM Modi’s treasured projects, it hasn’t always escaped controversies. Nonetheless, it is the talk of th
24. Tips For Students: How to Take Good Notes for Studying Taking good notes throughout the semester may mean the difference between simple study sessions or decoding sessions later on. Your time is too valuable for you to just sit in class, day after day, only going through the motions of taking notes.
Only writing down what’s on the board won’t cut it. Scribbling incoherently won’t help you either. Try these tips for taking neat class notes that will be of use to you later on for studying and review.
Stay focused in class
25. Top 10 Competitive Magazines of India India has grown leaps and bounds over the past few years. There is no doubt Indian talent is at par with other leading nations of the world, also by the year 2020, India will have the largest number of literate youth, ready to work and devite their capabilities towards building of a better and stronger nation. Here is a list of the 10 Best Magazines of India which guide the aspiring Indian students to prepare for examinations :
26 Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM#Jobs8 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM
NIFTEM invites online application in the prescribed format for the recruitment of the following Non-Teaching Sarkari Naukri vacancy in NIFTEM in various disciplines in the office of NIFTEM. This is Government Job in Haryana State. (Advertisement No. N/HR&/H/2020/31)
29 Lecturer Technical Education Vacancy Recruitment by RPSC 2020#Rajasthan24 Days Remaining for Apply Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) invites Online application on prescribed format for the recruitment for the following Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy of Lecturer Technical Education for Rajasthan Technical Education Department of Rajasthan Government (Advt. No. 05/EP-I/2020-21).
Rajasthan PSC recruitment examination requires hard work, dedication, and extensive study. The d ...