As the admission process in colleges affiliated to Gujarat University in Arts, Commerce and Science stream is underway, 10% of the seats have been reserved for CBSE and ICSE students who have just received their results.
The pandemic situation has majorly affected the academic calendar. However, for the convenience of the students, the Gujarat University (GU) has begun its admission process where it is looking to admit CBSE, ICSE students.
Due to the coronavirus outbreak which has taken a toll on our lives, the process of admission at GU had shifted to online mode and it has further been decided that the start of the process of PIN distribution and online registration will begin from August 20.
Under Gujarat University, 90% of the seats are reserved for Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) students. Also, the remaining 10% is reserved for students of other boards, including the central boards, according to reports.
According to Times of India, ''About 4,100 seats are reserved in five courses including commerce for students of CBSE and other boards. Similarly, about 6,000 seats are reserved in science and arts courses,'' said sources.
The admission process for the Gujarat board students has already been begun. Earlier, the admission was delayed due to the pandemic. However, it is planning to resume the session soon.
As the results for the CBSE candidates were announced on Monday and other boards have been announced as well, the online registrations will be made from July 27 -31 for Gujarat board students.
The sources also added that the online PIN distribution process will continue until July 30. Also, the dates for the next admission schedule will be announced once the registration is completed by July 31.