Union HRD Minister, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched the MANODARPAN initiative of HRD Ministry to provide psychosocial support to students for their Mental Health and Well-being in New Delhi today. Minister of State for HRD, Shri Sanjay Dhotre also graced the occasion. Secretary, Department of Higher Education, Shri Amit Khare; Secretary, School Education and Literacy Smt Anita Karwal and senior officials of the Ministry were present on the occasion. Smt Anita Karwal made a detailed presentation about the initiative at the event.
As part of MANODARPAN initiative, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched a National Toll-free Helpline (8448440632), a special special web page of MANODARPAN on the portal of HRD Ministry, and a Handbook on MANODARPAN.
Speaking on the occasion, the Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank said that COVID -19 is understandably a challenging time for everyone around the world. This Global pandemic is not only a serious medical concern, but also brings mixed emotions and psycho-social stress for all. With specific focus on children and adolescents, there are emerging mental health concerns that are often reported in such situations. Children and adolescents may be more vulnerable and may experience heightened level of stress, anxiety and fearfulness, along with a range of other emotional and behavioural issues.
Shri Pokhriyal informed that the HRD Ministry has felt that while it is important to focus on continuing education on the academic front, the mental well-being of the students also needs to be given equal importance. So, Ministry has taken an initiative, named, MANODARPAN covering a wide range of activities to provide Psychosocial Support to students for their Mental Health & Well-being during the COVID outbreak and beyond. He further informed that a Working Group, having experts from the fields of education, mental health and psychosocial issues as its members, has been set up to monitor and promote the mental health issues and concerns of students and to facilitate providing of support to address the mental health and psychosocial aspects during and after COVID-19 lockdown, through conselling services, online resources and helpline.
The Minister informed that the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, launched the ATMANIRBHAR BHARAT ABHIYAN and, the MANODARPAN initiative has been included in it, as a part of strengthening human capital and increasing productivity and efficient reform and initiatives for the Education sector.
He further stated that a Web-page named MANODARPAN- Psychosocial Support for Mental alth & Well-being during the COVID outbreak and beyond has since been created on the Web-site of the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The Web-page contains advisory, practical tips, posters, podcasts, videos, dos and donts for psychosocial support, FAQs and online query system. A National Toll-free lpline (8448440632) has also been set up. This unique helpline shall be managed by a pool of experienced counselors/ Psychologists and other mental health professionals and will continue beyond the COVID-19 situation. Through this helpline tele-counselling will be provided to the students to address their mental health and psychosocial issues.
While addressing the participants Shri Dhotre said that the pandemic has affected children as well as adults psychlogically and emotionally. In such a climate, we need organised and institutionalized help. He said that the mental health has a reciprocal relationship with the well-being and productivity of a society and its members. Hence, it is essential for the well-being and functioning of individuals in such a climate we should also come forward as a more cohesive and mutually interdependent society. He also said, the MANODARPAN initiative has been included in the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan as part of a strengthening and empowering the human capital to increase productivity and efficiency through reforms and initiatives in the education sector.
He further added, the resources mobilized through the MANODARPAN initiative are envisaged to facilitate a sustainable psychological support system for students, families and teachers, and will be a great utility even in the post-corona times with proactive and preventive mental health and well-being services integrated into the mainstream of learning processes.
The following components are included in the MANODARPAN initiative:
- Advisory Guidelines for students, teachers and faculty of School systems and Universities along with families.
- Web page on the MHRD website, which will carry advisory, practical tips, posters, videos, dos and donts for psychosocial support, FAQs and online query system.
- National level database and directory of counsellors at School and University level whose services can be offered voluntarily for Tele-Counselling Service on the National Helpline.
- National Toll-free Helpline by the MHRD for a country wide outreach to students from school, universities and colleges. This unique helpline shall be manned by a pool of experienced counselors/ Psychologists and other mental health professionals and will continue beyond the COVID-19 situation.
- Handbook on Psychosocial Support: Enriching Life skills & Wellbeing of Students to be published online. The booklet will include FAQs, Facts & Myths and will also cover ways and means to manage emotional and behavioural concerns (from young children to college youth) during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
- Interactive Online Chat Platform for contact, counselling and guidance by psychologists and other mental health professionals which will be available for students, teachers, and families during COVID-19 and beyond.
- Webinars, audio-visual resources including videos, posters, flyers, comics, and short films to be uploaded as additional resource materials on the webpage. Crowd sourcing from students all over the country will be encouraged as peer support.
For Manodarpan website, click the link: http://manodarpan.mhrd.gov.in/
Click here to see the PPT:
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register
& Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Finance Ministry refutes news media reports of alleged black money held by Indians in Switzerland
Certain reports have appeared in the media on 18.06.2021 stating that funds of Indians in Swiss Banks have risen to over Rs 20,700 crore (CHF 2.55 billion) at the end of 2020 from Rs 6,625 crore (CHF 899 million) at the end of 2019, reversing a 2 year declining trend. It has also been stated that this is also the highest figure of deposits in the last 13 years.
Media reports allude to the fact that the figures reported are official figures reported by banks to Swiss National Bank (SNB)
3. Ministry of Culture to celebrate IDY2021 by organizing special drive “Yoga An Indian Heritage” across the country
Yoga is gradually taking a centre stage in everyone’s life for its proven role in physical, mental and spiritual happiness, being globally acknowledged. It signifies the intangible cultural heritage of humanity for the whole world making it imperative to disseminate and promote its importance on a larger platform.
Therefore, Ministry of Culture, Government of India is planning to celebrate International Day of Yoga by organizing a drive named “Yoga An Indian Heritage” as
4. International Day of Yoga 2021: Prime Minister’s address to be the highlight of televised lead event on 21st June 2021
In view of the COVID-19 pandemic and the consequent restrictions in congregational activities, the lead event of the International Day of Yoga (IDY) 2021 will be a televised programme, with the Prime Minister’s address being the highlight. Scheduled to start at 6.30 AM on all Doordarshan channels, the event will also include an address byMinister of State for Ayush Shri Kiren Rijiju and a live Yoga demonstration by the Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga.
The seventh International Da
6. JEE (Main) 2020: Exam begins with strict COVID-19 protocols, students abide by social distancing norms
Amid widespread protests and controversies, the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Mains 2020 have begun today (i.e. Tuesday, September 1) in the backdrop of the deadly coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic outbreak. Students were seen arriving at the test centers to appear for the exams across several cities in India, such as in Kolkata, Lucknow, Kerala, Jammu, and Kashmir, Jharkhand, etc.
1. JEE (Main) Exams 2020
8. Ministry of Education celebrates 54th International Literacy Day Celebration-2020 today
The National level function to celebrate 54th International Literacy Day was organized by Ministry of Education here today through online mode. Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Union Minister of Education was the Chief Guest on this occasion. Minister of State for Education, Shri Sanjay Dhotre was Guest of Honour the occasion. The Message of Director General, UNESCO was read by UNESCO Representative on the occasion. Secretary, Department of School Education and Literacy Smt Anita Karwal
9. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to inaugurate the Atal Tunnel
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi shall inaugurate Atal Tunnel, Rohtang at 10 AM on 3rd October 2020.
Atal Tunnel is the longest highway tunnel in the World. The 9.02 Km long tunnel connects Manali to Lahaul-Spiti valley throughout the year. Earlier the valley was cut off for about 6 months each year owing to heavy snowfall.
The Tunnel is built with ultra-modern specifications in the Pir Panjal range of Himalayas at an altitude of 3000 Mtrs (10,000 Feet) from the Mean Sea Level (MSL).
10. Rs 2.11 Crore contributed to PM CARES Fund by BVP through Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh
An amount of Rs. 2.11 crore was contributed to PM Cares Fund through Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh by Bharat Vikas Parishad (BVP), a non-profit making social organization.
While acknowledging the contribution, Dr Jitendra Singh said, Prime Minister Narendra Modi enjoys a very high degree of faith, trust and credibility among the
11. Graphy Launches ₹100 Cr Graphy Creator Grant
Graphy Launches ₹100 Cr Graphy Creator Grant
● Graphy deploys ₹100 crore to be provided as grants to creators on Graphy over the next 2 years
● Program designed to aid creators in establishing their online school and learning community
Mumbai, June 22, 2021 - Graphy, anUnacademygrou
12. DBT-funded Startup Offers AI-powered Contact-free Health Monitor & Step-Down ICU
Dozee, a Department of Biotechnology (DBT) and its PSU Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) funded start-up offers 'contact-free monitoring of the vital parameters of the patients on a normal bed. The innovation has already resulted in the upgrading of over 4,000 hospital beds for Step-Down ICUs across 35 districts in India. In the last months, Dozee has already served over 30,000 patients, saved over 65,000 nursing hours and prompted over 750 timely ICU transfers through its Ea
14. ‘Government Actively Working to Support E-Mobility by Giving Several Incentives’
Minister for Road Transport & Highways and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Shri Nitin Gadkari today said that the Government is actively working to support E-mobility in the form of several incentives, GST exemption, and FAME-2 scheme. Addressing the World Conference organized by the BRICS Network University (NU), the Minister stated that the electric vehicle industry has huge employment potential and efforts are being made to establish India as the largest automobile manufacturing hub in the wo
16. Fake board issuing Class XII passed certificate to students without appearing exam - SSUM
Socialist Students' Union of Manipur (SSUM) today exposed illicit trade on education being carried out by a gang which provide class XII passed certificate and mark sheets to students without appearing exam.What these people do is that they collect huge amount of money from students and make them get a class XII passed certificate with excellent grade in their mark sheet, SSUM said in a statement.The statement further said that the gang collected money from the students for admitting at
17. Ministry of Jal Shakti launches new version of India Water Resources Information System
The Ministry of Jal Shakti has launched a new version of the India Water Resources Information System (India-WRIS) with new functionalities and features. Open to the public, and accessible through the web portal www.indiawris.gov.in, this portal contains information related to Water Resources through dashboards for rainfall, water levels & discharge of rivers, water bodies, ground water level
18. PM launches ‘Customized Crash Course programme for Covid 19 Frontline workers’
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi launched ‘Customized Crash Course programme for Covid 19 Frontline workers’ today via video conferencing. The training programme would be conducted in 111 training centres spread over 26 states. About one lakh frontline workers will be trained in this initiative. The Union Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey, and many other Union Ministers, Ministers from States, experts and other stakeholders were also present on t
21. Janani launches India’s first at-home semen sample collection
Janani launches India’s first at-home semen sample collection
Mumbai, June 2021: Janani, an end-to-end reproductive health and sexual wellness solutions platform, has launched a first of its kind at-home advanced DIY semen testing kits. In a major disruption in the fertility testing market in India, the at-home semen collection would help more men feel comfortable with fertility testing and encourage them to step forward for the same. Currently, th
22. Union Sports Minister Shri Kiren Rijiju to launch unique Fit India Freedom Run on August 14
The Sports Ministry is set to organise the largest country-wide run, the Fit India Freedom Run from August 15 to October 2, which boasts of a unique concept. In keeping with the current pandemic situation and social distancing norms, the government has decided to encourage participants of the event to run at their own pace - anywhere and at any time of their convenience.
23. Union Education Minister inaugurates four Newly Constructed Buildings of KendriyaVidyalayas
Union Minister for Education Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ virtually inaugurated the newly constructed buildings of four KendriyaVidyalayas on Thursday through Video Conferencing. The four KV buildings inaugurated in three states are KV Nayagarh (Odisha), KV Mahuldiha, Rairangpur (Odisha), KV Hanumangarh (Rajasthan) and KV No. 3 Faridabad (Haryana).
Addressing the ceremony Live through Vid
24. Ministry of Tourism invites feedback/suggestions on the draft National Strategy and Roadmap for Medical and Wellness Tourism
Medical Tourism (also called medical travel, health tourism or global healthcare) is a term used to describe the rapidly growing practice of travelling across international borders to obtain healthcare. Services typically sought by travellers include elective procedures as well as complex specialized surgeries such as joint replacement (knee/ hip), cardiac surgery, dental surgery, and cosmetic surgeries. However, virtually every type of healthcare, including psychiatry, alternative treatments, and conval
We would love to hear your thoughts, concerns or problems with anything so we can improve our website educratsweb.com ! email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and submit your valuable feedback.
Save this page as PDF
| Recommend to your Friends