India Meteorological Department, Ministry of Earth Sciences has taken various initiatives in recent years for improvement in dissemination of weather forecast and warning services based on latest tools and technologies. To further enhance this initiative, Ministry of Earth Sciences feels proud to launch the mobile App "Mausam” for India Meteorological Department.
This mobile app is available both on Playstore and Appstore.
This Mobile App is dedicated to the general public and designed to communicate the weather information and forecasts in a lucid manner without technical jargons.
Users can access observed weather, forecasts, radar images and be proactively warned of impending weather events.
The MAUSAM mobile App has the following 5 services:
- Current Weather -Current temperature, humidity, wind speed and direction for 200 cities updated 8 times a day. Information on Sunrise/ sunset and moonrise/ moonset are also given.
- Nowcast- Three hourly warnings of localized weather phenomena and their intensity issued for about 800 stations, and districts of India by State Meteorological Centres of IMD. In case of severe weather, its impact also is included in the warning.
- City Forecast – Past 24 hours and 7 day forecast of weather conditions around 450 cities in India.
- Warnings- Alerts issued twice a day for all districts for the next five days in colour code (Red, Orange and Yellow) to warn citizens of approaching dangerous weather. The colour code Red is the most severe category urging authorities to take action, Orange code prompts authorities and public to be alert and Yellow code prompts authorities and public to keep themselves updated.
- Radar products:Latest Station wise radar products updated every 10 minutes
The Mausam mobile app will be an important tool for dissemination of weather information and warnings in an attractive and user friendly manner which will meet the requirements of public.
The mobile app has been designed and developed jointly by ICRISAT’s Digital Agriculture & Youth (DAY) team, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune and India Meteorological Department.
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register
& Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Finance Ministry refutes news media reports of alleged black money held by Indians in Switzerland
Certain reports have appeared in the media on 18.06.2021 stating that funds of Indians in Swiss Banks have risen to over Rs 20,700 crore (CHF 2.55 billion) at the end of 2020 from Rs 6,625 crore (CHF 899 million) at the end of 2019, reversing a 2 year declining trend. It has also been stated that this is also the highest figure of deposits in the last 13 years.
Media reports allude to the fact that the figures reported are official figures reported by banks to Swiss National Bank (SNB)
2. Government releases Desertification and Land Degradation Atlas of India
Minister of State for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Shri Babul Supriyo today called for generating awareness towards preventing and restoring land degradation for healthier and sustainable ecosystems. Speaking at a virtual event celebration of the Desertification and Drought Day, Shri Supriyo said, this will help better economy and overall human wellbeing.
The Desertification and Drought day was commemorated by the Ministry, with an aim to generate large scale awareness towards unders
3. Ministry of Culture to celebrate IDY2021 by organizing special drive “Yoga An Indian Heritage” across the country
Yoga is gradually taking a centre stage in everyone’s life for its proven role in physical, mental and spiritual happiness, being globally acknowledged. It signifies the intangible cultural heritage of humanity for the whole world making it imperative to disseminate and promote its importance on a larger platform.
Therefore, Ministry of Culture, Government of India is planning to celebrate International Day of Yoga by organizing a drive named “Yoga An Indian Heritage” as
4. National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) celebrates its 18th Foundation Day
National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) today celebrated its 18th Foundation Day. For the last 18 years, NIXI has been contributing to Indian Internet Ecosystem. NIXI, the first Internet Exchange of the country facilitate peering of ISPs among themselves for the purpose of routing the domestic traffic within the country, instead of taking it all the way to US/Abroad, thereby resulting in a better quality of service and reduced bandwidth charges for ISPs by saving international currency on Interna
6. Three -day online training programme organised for Master Trainers and Supervisors for two All-India surveys
In the light of amid pandemic of COVID-19, a three-day online training programme for imparting training to the Master Trainers and 2nd level Supervisors nominated by State/ UT Directorate of Economics and Statistics (DES) was organized by Labour Bureau. The training programme was organized for two surveys i.e. All India Survey on Migrant Workers and All India Quarterly Establishment based Employment Survey. This was the second nationwide online training programme conducted by Labour Bureau, before thi
7. Shri Gangwar reiterates commitment to improve employment outcomes for the youth in India
Union Minister of State for Labour & Employment (Independent Charge) Shri Santosh Gangwar has said that India is committed to improve employment outcomes for all youth in India, including women and vulnerable section of the people, through an enduring, long-term commitment for better opportunities. He said, the Government is making all-out efforts to improve the bridge between education and employment, and to prepare young people for the future of work. A number of policies and schemes have been unde
8. Ministry of Education celebrates 54th International Literacy Day Celebration-2020 today
The National level function to celebrate 54th International Literacy Day was organized by Ministry of Education here today through online mode. Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Union Minister of Education was the Chief Guest on this occasion. Minister of State for Education, Shri Sanjay Dhotre was Guest of Honour the occasion. The Message of Director General, UNESCO was read by UNESCO Representative on the occasion. Secretary, Department of School Education and Literacy Smt Anita Karwal
10. CURTAIN RAISER INDIAN ARMED FORCES CONTINGENT VICTORY DAY PARADE 2020
CURTAIN RAISER INDIAN ARMED FORCES CONTINGENT VICTORY DAY PARADE 2020
A Tri-Service contingent of the Indian Armed Forces comprising 75 all ranks, led by a colonel rank officer will participate in the Military Parade at Red Square, Moscow on 24 June 2020, to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of Victory of the Soviet People in the great Patriotic War of 1941-1945.
The British Indian Armed Forces during World War-II were one of the largest Allied Forces contingents which took part in t
12. Graphy Launches ₹100 Cr Graphy Creator Grant
Graphy Launches ₹100 Cr Graphy Creator Grant
● Graphy deploys ₹100 crore to be provided as grants to creators on Graphy over the next 2 years
● Program designed to aid creators in establishing their online school and learning community
Mumbai, June 22, 2021 - Graphy, anUnacademygrou
13. Indian Railway cancels regular passenger service till June 30
Railway Ministry has said that regular passenger service including Mail, Express, Passenger and Suburban Services have been cancelled until further advice.
It said that all the booked tickets for the above trains for the period up to 30th June 2020 will be cancelled and full refund will be generated. However, the Shramik Special Trains and Special passenger Train services which started from 12th May of this month, shall continue to operate.
Railway has also issued ord
16. Mann Ki Baat 2.0 | Programme on All India Radio (30.06.2019)
English rendering of PM’s address in ‘Mann Ki Baat 2.0’Programme on All India Radio (30.06.2019)
Posted On: 30 JUN 2019 12:08PM by PIB Delhi http://www.pib.nic.in/PressReleseDetail.aspx?PRID=1576353
My dear countrymen Namaskar. After a rather long pause, we are resuming once again, our series of touching upon matters close to people and their hearts; in fact subjects close to every person’s heart…
18. Decarbonising Transport: International Project to Develop Pathway to Low-CO2 Mobility for India
Decarbonising Transport: International Project to Develop Pathway to Low-CO2 Mobility for India
NITI Aayog in collaboration with International Transport Forum (ITF) will launch the “Decarbonising Transport in India” project on 24 June, with the intention to develop a pathway towards a low-carbon transport system for India.
India has been a member of ITF, an intergovernmental organisation for transport policy, since 2008.
ITF Secretary-General Young Tae Kim and
20. Ministry of Jal Shakti launches new version of India Water Resources Information System
The Ministry of Jal Shakti has launched a new version of the India Water Resources Information System (India-WRIS) with new functionalities and features. Open to the public, and accessible through the web portal www.indiawris.gov.in, this portal contains information related to Water Resources through dashboards for rainfall, water levels & discharge of rivers, water bodies, ground water level
21. United Nations Award to Indian Army Officer Major Suman Gawani
United Nations Award to Indian Army Officer Major Suman Gawani
Major Suman Gawani, an Indian Army officer who served as a women peacekeeper with the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) in 2019 is being awarded the prestigious “United Nations Military Gender Advocate of the year Award” on 29 May 2020. She will receive the award from the UN Secretary General Mr Antonio Guterres during an online ceremony being organised at the UN Headquarters, New York on the occasion of I
22. National Highways Authority of India Makes Drone Survey Mandatory for All National Highways Projects
In order to enhance transparency, uniformity and leverage latest technology, the National Highways Authority of India, under Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has made mandatory use of drones for monthly video recording of National Highway projects during all stages of development, construction, operation and maintenance.
Contractors and Concessionaires shall carry out the drone video recording in presence of Team Leader of the Supervision Consultant and upload comparative project video
23. PM launches ‘Customized Crash Course programme for Covid 19 Frontline workers’
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi launched ‘Customized Crash Course programme for Covid 19 Frontline workers’ today via video conferencing. The training programme would be conducted in 111 training centres spread over 26 states. About one lakh frontline workers will be trained in this initiative. The Union Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey, and many other Union Ministers, Ministers from States, experts and other stakeholders were also present on t
25. Janani launches India’s first at-home semen sample collection
Janani launches India’s first at-home semen sample collection
Mumbai, June 2021: Janani, an end-to-end reproductive health and sexual wellness solutions platform, has launched a first of its kind at-home advanced DIY semen testing kits. In a major disruption in the fertility testing market in India, the at-home semen collection would help more men feel comfortable with fertility testing and encourage them to step forward for the same. Currently, th
We would love to hear your thoughts, concerns or problems with anything so we can improve our website educratsweb.com ! email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and submit your valuable feedback.
Save this page as PDF
| Recommend to your Friends