Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs Shri Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation stones for 13 highway projects and inaugurated a Road safety project in the North-Eastern State of Manipur through video conference today. Chief Minister Shri N Biren Singh presided over the virtual function, attended by MoS (I/c) for DONER and PMO Dr Jitendra Singh, MoS RTH Gen (Retd) V K Singh, Ministers of the Manipur State, several MPs, MLAs and senior officers from the Centre and the State.
These projects involve a Road length of 316 kilometers, with construction value of about Rs 3000 crore. Paving the way for development of Manipur, these roads will enhance better connectivity, convenience and economic growth in this NE State.
Speaking on the occasion, Shri Gadkari said, keeping with Prime Minister's desire to develop infrastructure in the NE, we have undertaken several projects in the region. He assured many new Road projects in Manipur in near future. The Minister announced that the DPR for an elevated road in Imphal is being prepared and within 2-3 months work on this project will begin.
Shri Gadkari asked the CM to expedite land acquisition and utility shifting work in the State urgently, so that road projects could be hastened up. On issue Central Road Fund(CRF) also, he assured release of additional funds of about Rs 250 crore as soon as the utilization certificate is received from the State.
The Minister informed that dredging has been completed in Brahmputra and Barak rivers, and it is now possible to Transport people and consignments through waterways. He suggested linking of Imphal with this river route, which is barely 50-60 kms, for getting added benefits for the State economy. He also called for adopting alternate fuel for public transport in the NE region, it being cheaper as well as environment friendly.
Shri Gadkari highlighted the role of MSME sector in improving the employment and economic scenario in Manipur. Informing about the recent expansion in the definition of MSME units, he exhorted the CM to utilise the opportunity and explore export potential of handicrafts, handloom, and honey, bamboo products etc which can provide employment to large number of people.
Chief Minister Shri Biren Singh said, Manipur being a hill-locked State with heavy rains requires top quality Road network to withstand the vagaries of nature. He welcomed the decision of MoRTH in favour of a 25 km elevated Road in Imphal. He, however, pointed out the need for four-laning of Imphal-Loktak highway, which has heavy traffic, due to it being a famous tourist attraction.
MoS (I/c) for DONER and PMO Dr Jitendra Singh said, today's event gives three important messages. That the North East continues to be the priority of the govt, that infrastructure works have continued in this region despite all odds, and that it is in keeping with the PMs call from Lal Kila for development of Rs 100 lakh crore infrastructure in the country.
MoS RTH Gen (Retd) V K Singh said, under the Act East Policy, the government has devoted special attention to the north eastern States. He said, Manipur plays an important role as it shares international border with Myanmar. The trilateral highway connecting India, Myanmar and Thailand starts from Manipur. He said, efforts are on to ensure seamless traffic movement between the three countries. He added that completion of two bridges over the rivers Barak and Maku on NH 37 by March next will provide connectivity of the State with rest of the country.
The projects include :
Name of Project
Length in km
Cost in Rs. crore
Four Laning of Imphal –Moreh Section of NH-39(NH-102) from Km 330.00 to Km 350.00 (Package-I)
Widening to 2 (Two) Lane with Hard shoulder of Churachandpur to Tuivai section of NH 102B from Km 0.000 to Km 13.747 (Package-1A)
Widening to 2 (Two) Lane with Hard shoulder of Churachandpur to Tuivai section of NH 102B from Km 13.747 to Km 32.835 (Package-1B)
Widening to 2 (Two) Lane with Hard shoulder of Churachandpur to Tuivai section of NH 102B from Km 32.835 to Km 48.587 `(Package-2A)
Widening to 2 (Two) Lane with Hard shoulder of Churachandpur to Tuivai section of NH 102B from Km 118+850 to Km 130+000 (Package-4A)
Widening / Strengthening to Two laning with hard shoulder of Pallel- Chandel section From Km 0.000 to Km 18.292 of NH-102C
Construction of Moreh Bypass to Two Lane with paved shoulder from Km 421.950 to Km 425.411 (Length = 2.52 Km) on NH-39
Widening /Improvement to 2 (Two) Lane with Earthen Shoulder of Yaingangpokpi-Finch Corner Section from km 0.00 to 16.900 (length 16.900km) of NH 202 Package I
Widening /Improvement to 2 (Two) Lane with Earthen Shoulder of Yaingangpokpi-Finch Corner Section from km 16.900 to 30.970 (length 14.070km) of NH 202 Package II
2-laning of Churachandpur Tuivai Section of NH-102B (2B Packages)
2-laning of Churachandpur Tuivai Section of NH-102B (4B Packages)
Name of Project
Restoration and Rehabilitation of road from km 00/00 to km 83/50 (length=83.50 km) on NH-102A i/c protection/slide slope works byretaining walls etc. essential places and 83 nos of HP culverts in the state of Manipur on
Rs. 55.52 Cr.
Restoration and Rehabilitation of road from km 134/00 to km 202/00 (length=68 km) on NH-102A i/c protection/slide slope works by retaining walls etc. essential places and 50 nos of HP culverts in the state of Manipur on EPC mode.
Rs. 53.81 Cr.
Road Safety work through improvement of Junctions, Foot over Bridge, Footpath, Road Signs, Marking etc. in km 462 to 464 of NH- 150 (New NH-02) & at km 320 of NH-39 (New NH-102) under road safety Annual Plan 2017-18 in the state of Manipur under Job No. 150 & 39-Manipur-2017-18-RSCE-015
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Ramayan Cruise Service will be launched soon on the river Saryu in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh ‘Ramayan Cruise Tour’ on the Saryu river in Ayodhya will be launched soon. Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways today chaired a review meeting for the implementation of cruise service.
It will be the first-ever luxury Cruise service on the Saryu river (Ghagra/National Waterways-40) in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh. It aims to give mesmerizing experience to devotees with one-of-its-kind spiritual journeys while cruising through the famous ghats of the holy river
3. 56th Raising Day of Border Security Force (BSF) The Border Security Force (BSF) is celebrating its 56thRaising Day today. On this occasion, Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Nityanand Rai took the salute of the BSF Raising Day Parade-2020 held at the Chhawla Camp here today. The programme was attended by the Chief of DefenceStaff,General Bipin Rawat, BSF Director General Shri Rakesh Asthana, senior officers of Central Armed Police Forces and the Police and other dignitaries.
4. PM participates in Dev Deepawali Mahotsav in Varanasi The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi participated in Dev Deepawali Mahotsav in Varanasi today.
Addressing the event, the Prime Minister said it was another special occasion for Kashi as, He said, the idol of Mata Annapurna that was stolen from Kashi more than 100 years ago, is now coming back again. It is a matter of great fortune for Kashi. He said these ancient idols of our gods and goddesses are a symbol of our faith as well as our priceless heritage.
The Prime Minister said if s
8. English rendering of PM’s address in the 18th Episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat 2.0’ on 29.11.2020 My dear countrymen, Namaskar! I want to share a good news with you all at the beginning of Mann ki Baat today. Every Indian will be proud to know that a very oldidol of Devi Annapurna is returning to India from Canada. This idol was stolen from a temple of Varanasi and smuggled out of the country around 100 years ago somewhere around 1913. I express my gratitude to the Government of Canada and to all those for this large heartedness who made this propitious deed possible. Mata Annapoorna has a very speci
9. PM Inaugurates RE-Invest 2020 Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-Invest 2020) through video conferencing. The summit is organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. The theme for RE-Invest 2020 is ‘Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition’.
The Prime Minister expressed happiness that in the renewable energy sector, within a short time the progress from megawatts to gigawatts in generation capacity and “One Sun, One Wo
11. Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports restores recognition of Archery Association of India Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports has restored the government recognition to Archery Association of India as a National Sports Federation for promotion and regulation of Archery Sport in the country. The Government recognition of AAI was withdrawn eight years back on account of failure to conduct its elections in accordance with the National Sports Development Code of India, 2011 (Sports Code).Government recognition of AAI will be valid for one year.
Union Minister for Tribal Affairs
13. EPFO conferred with Platinum Partner Award for highest transactions on UMANG App On the occasion of completion of 3 years of UMANG App, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, Communications and Law & Justice unveiled the newly instituted UMANG Awards for Partner Departments of Centre and States based on average transactions in the past six months across all services. Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has been conferred with Platinum Partner Award for registering more than 25 lakh transactions on UMANG App.
19. APARNA ENTERPRISES WINS MANDATE TO SUPPLY TILES FOR AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA RESIDENTIAL PROJECT APARNA ENTERPRISES WINS MANDATE TO SUPPLY TILES FOR AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA RESIDENTIAL PROJECT
Mumbai, 19thNovember, 2020: One of the leading players in the building materials segment, Aparna Enterprises Limited has been awarded a prestigious contract to provide Double Charged Tiles for Airports Authority of India residential quarters being constructed at Trichy and Coimbatore. The contract is r
20. Instamojo closes Pre-Series C funding round from Japanese investors Base and Gunosy Capital Instamojo closes Pre-Series C funding round from Japanese investors Base and Gunosy Capital
Mumbai, 18th November, 2020: Instamojo, announced today the closing of its Pre-Series-C funding round of an undisclosed sum. This round of funding saw the participation of Japanese investors Base and existing investors such as Gunosy Capital, who participated in Series B round back in January 2019. The funds raised will be used to
21. Indian Railway launches digitised online Human Resource Management System (HRMS) Indian Railway has launched completely digitized online Human Resource Management System (HRMS). Human Resource Management System (HRMS) is a high thrust project for Indian Railways to leverage improved productivity & employee satisfaction. It is a move to improve efficiency and productivity of Railway system and a step towards realizing the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. HRMS is expected to create a big impact on th
24. KONE Elevator India once again in the list of 100 Best Companies for Women KONE Elevator India once again in the list of 100 Best Companies for Women
- This is the fifth successive time KONE Elevator India has been honoured
- Enters the 100 Best Companies for Women in India – “Hall of Fame”
Mumbai, November 25, 2020: KONE Elevator India, a fully owned subsidiary of KONE C
25. Webinar Organised On Technology Aspects of Remote Voting Election Commission of India, in partnership with Tamil Nadu e-governance Agency organized a webinar on “Technology aspects of remote voting: Exploring Block chain” on 10th August 2020. The webinar brought together technologists, academicians, policy practitioners, cyber security experts from India and around the world. The initial idea for using block chain based voting solution emerged
26 Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC#SSC12 Days Remaining for Apply Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) Examination 2020 from 12/04/2020 to 17/04/2020 for Recruitment of various Group-C Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy (Tier-I) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
27 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 14/2020 #UPSC0 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 03/12/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty - Assistant Professor Medical), Nurse, Assistant Director etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (UPSC Advt. No. 14/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Recruitment 14/2020 Vacancies
28 Project Manager Engineer Recruitment in CDAC Mumbai 2020#Engineering5 Days Remaining for Apply The Mumbai Office of Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) invites online applications on prescribed format for Regular Sarkari Naukri vacancy positions of Information Technology (IT) Project Manager and Project Engineer on contract and on consolidated salary in CDAC Mumbai. (Advt. No. CDACM/Consal/2/2020).
CDAC Mumbai Project Manager Engineer Recruitment 2020
30 Job Vacancy Recruitment in NPS Trust 2020 #Sarkari Naukri18 Days Remaining for Apply National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust) is established by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA/Authority). NPS Trust invites applications from eligible Indian citizens for recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Managers on direct recruitment basis. (Advertisement No. 1/2020-21)
National Pension System Trust Jobs Recruitment 2020
33 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Jharkhand North-East Punjab states#Jharkhand8 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by Jharkhand, North-East, and Punjab Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the states in Jharkhand, North-East and Punjab states. (Advertisement Numbers - GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS CYCLE – III/2020-2021)