Last Date Aug 28,2020 23:45 PM IST (GMT +5.30 Hrs)
Apiary - A Centre of Excellence in Blockchain Technology
• STPI is in the process of opening various Centres of Excellence (CoEs) in emerging technologies across the country. STPI is planning a “Soft launch”along-with the Idea Challenge Program for “Apiary - A CoE in Blockchain Technology” at STPI-Gurugram on 17th July 2020.
• Objectives: The objectives of opening this CoE is to boost start-ups in the field of Blockchain Technology and to contribute to “Make-in-India” & “Digital India” programmes of Govt. of India by reducing imports of such services. To create a holistic eco-system for encouraging R&D, innovation, Entrepreneurship in the Blockchain Technology in India by providing physical infrastructure and support services for prototyping, developing, testing & marketing; to incubate start-up units to create innovative solutions to meet the existing and emerging needs of sector; to provide business and technological mentorship & guidance in the domain; to provide networking services linking up with funding sources; to enable the creation of IPs domestically.
• Location: 30, Electronic City, Phase IV, Udyog Vihar, Sector 18, Gurugram, Haryana - 122015
• Chief Mentor: Sh. Pankaj Thakar, Padup Ventures Private Limited, founder of Padup Ventures Private Limited
• Partners: Partners include
o Government: MeitY, STPI, Govt. of Haryana
o Knowledge Partner: Padup Ventures Private Limited
o Academia: Foundation for Innovation and Technology Transfer. FITT- IIT Delhi/Sonepat Campus
o Industry: M/s. IBM, M/s. Intel Technology India Pvt. Ltd.
o Industry Association: M/s Government Blockchain Association
o Venture Funding Agencies:Indian Angel Network, Vinners Angel Group, Padup Syndicate, Venture Catalyst
o Others: DCRUST, Murthal& JC Bose University of Science and Technology, Faridabad (Partnership consent awaited)
• Facilities & Services: The services available for the beneficiaries of apiary shall include
o Physical infrastructure including 80-seater state-of-the-art incubation and IBM platform
o Access to Financial Support
o Technical Support
o Marketing Support
o IPR/Patenting Facilitation
o Legal, Accounting & other support Services
• Target Beneficiaries: 100 start-ups are expected to be benefitted over a period of 5 Years.
• Idea Challenge Program: STPI Apiary is inviting applications from the Startups/ Entrepreneurs for Idea challenge Program in Blockchain Technology domain. The theme of Idea Challenge Programme is “AATMANIRBHAR”. The Start-ups are expected to solve the problems in the following domains using Blockchain Technology.
• Supply Chain
• E-Governance use cases pertaining to Land Records, Public Health, Labour, Service Record, Pension Delivery and Law Enforcement & Evidence Management.
Click here to view the calendar of the event started from 17th July 2020 to 29th August 2020.
The last date to apply is August 28th, 2020.