Scientists experimenting with new ways to manipulate quantum states so that they can be harnessed for computing, communication, and metrology, has found a novel way to characterise and estimate such states. This method of characterisation called Quantum State Interferography, can help make such manipulations simpler so that several crucial operations in quantum technologies become less cumbersome.
Scientists from Raman Research Institute, an autonomous institute under the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, have found a new way of inferring the state of a system (both two-dimensional qubits, the simplest quantum system as well as higher-dimensional “qubits”) from an interference pattern, which they term ‘Quantum State Interferography’. This work, partially supported by the QuEST network programme of the DST, has been accepted for publication in the journal Physical Review Letters.
The determination of an unknown quantum state is usually done by a method known as Quantum State Tomography (QST). This involves measuring projection of the quantum state on various directions in state space and reconstructing the quantum state from the information obtained. However, in particular, scenarios where the dimensions are large, the operations needed to perform tomography increase quadratically. The experimental settings often need to be changed many times, thus making the process very cumbersome.
The RRI team showed that without changing any settings in the experimental setup, it is possible to infer the unknown quantum state of a higher dimensional system. The setup requires only two interferometers from which many interferograms can be obtained to reconstruct the state. This provides a ‘black box’ approach to quantum state estimation -- between the incidence of the photon and extraction of state information, conditions within the set-up are not changed, thus providing a true single-shot estimation of the quantum state.
A qubit is a 2-dimensional quantum system and requires usually 2 complex numbers to be determined towards state estimation. However, various constraints and physical assumptions leave only two real numbers, finally to be determined. Instead of finding these two real numbers from various projections, in this work, they were determined from the intensity and phase shift of the interference pattern. Also, when many such quantum states are incoherently mixed, the amount of mixedness can be determined from the visibility of the interference pattern. This can be used to characterize the state of a two-particle system, which in turn can be used to quantify entanglement, also in a single-shot method. This idea can be further extended to find parameters describing higher-dimensional quantum states from a set of interference patterns.
This work gives a single-shot black-box approach to quantum state estimation as well as quantifying quantum entanglement. Manipulation of quantum states is the most crucial operation in any quantum technology protocol, be it quantum computing, quantum communication, or quantum metrology. Similarly, quantum entanglement is a ubiquitous resource in quantum technology. The new technique forquantum state estimation developed and experimentally demonstrated by Urbasi Sinha and her group members at the Quantum Information and Computing Lab at RRI is a handy and effective tool in comparison to conventional techniques with a tremendous scaling gain involving the use of interferometry. Theoretical support for this development was provided by a collaborator from HRI. Moreover, the work also indicates how this technique could lead to miniaturised devices in the long run, which could be used for quantum state estimation at a commercial scale.
Figure: Quantum State Interferography can serve as a "black box" tool for quantum state estimation from the interference pattern without any need for change in experimental settings.
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Alternative independent news portals The media is how we get information on our daily basis. Unfortunately, many conventional media sources are not independent and unbiased. Common conventional media get a lot of pressure from politicians and economic powers, that´s why is important to always question everything they say.
Because of this, it is good to know that there are alternative news sites which you can access in order to read or listen an alternative viewpoint coming from independent unbiased journalis
3. NEP 2020 upholds Reservation Policy as Enshrined in Indian Constitution- Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has today clarified that the NEP 2020 upholds the Reservation Policy enshrined in the Constitution of India. Following is the text of the Minister’s letter giving the details:
“This is apropos media reports attributed to PTI that have appeared on and around 24th November 2020 questioning whether the NEP 2020 upholds the Reservation Policy as in enshrined in the Constitution of India. As per the articles published,
5. PM to inaugurate construction work of Agra Metro project on 7th December Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the construction of the Agra Metro Project on 7th December 2020 at 12.00 noon via video conferencing. Union Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Shri Yogi Adityanath, and other dignitaries will also attend the event that will be held at 15 Battalion PAC parade ground in Agra.
About Agra Metro Project
The Agra Metro project comprises 2 corridors with a total le
6. Government asks private television channels to follow ASCI guidelines on online gaming and fantasy sports The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has issued an advisory asking all private television broadcasters to follow guidelines issued by the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) for advertisements relating to online gaming, fantasy sports etc. The Ministry has advised that the advertisements should not promote any activity prohibited by statute or law.
“It has come to the notice of Ministry of I&B that a large number of advertisements on Online Gaming, Fantasy Sports, et
7. Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Ministry of AYUSH decides to set up an AYUSH Export Promotion Council The Ministry of Commerce and Industry and the Ministry of AYUSH have decided to work together to set up an Export Promotion Council to boost AYUSH exports. This decision was taken recently in a joint review of AYUSH trade and Industry by Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Commerce and Industry and Shri Shripad Naik, Minister of AYUSH. It was also decided in the review that the entire AYUSH sector will work together to achieve price and quality competitiveness to boost AYUSH exports. The review was held throu
10. DealShare raises $21M in Series C funding led by WestBridge Capital DealShare raises $21M in Series C funding led by WestBridge Capital
~Total funding raised till date stands at $34M~
~The funding also saw participation from Alpha Wave Incubation, a venture fund managed by Falcon Edge Capital, Z3Partners and existing investors Matrix Partners India,Omidyar Network India and individual investors~
Mumbai, 8thDecember, 2020:DealShare, one of India’s fastest-growing
11. PM addresses India Mobile Congress 2020 Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi delivered inaugural address at the virtual India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020 today through video conference. The theme for IMC 2020 is "Inclusive Innovation - Smart, Secure, Sustainable”. It aims to align to the Prime Minister’s vision to promote ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat’, ‘Digital Inclusivity’, and ‘Sustainable development, entrepreneurship & innovation’. It also aims to drive foreign and local investments, encourage R
13. Quantum Communication between two DRDO Laboratories Secure communications are vital for defence and strategic agencies world over and distribution of encryption keys from time to time is an important requirement in this context. Sharing of keys over the air or wired links requires encryption, which in turn requires encryption keys to be pre-shared. Quantum based communication offers a robust solution to sharing the keys securely. Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) undertook the project for development of this technology.
14. Jal Shakti Ministry Invites Entries for National Water Awards-2020 To encourage and recognize individuals and organizations doing exemplary work in the field of water resources management, the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti has invited the entries forNational Water Awards for the year 2020in the following 11 categories:
1) Best State,
2) Best District (2 Awards each in five zones; total 10 Awards),
3) Best Village Panchayat (3 Awards each in five zones; total 15 Awards),
15. National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) celebrated Human Rights Day today Human Rights Day was celebrated by the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) in New Delhi today. Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Shri Nityanand Rai was the Chief Guest at the programme. In his address through virtual mode, Shri Rai said human rights have existed in India since the Vedic period. The lines, Sarve Bhavantu Sukhina Sarve Santu Niramaya in the Vedic Mantras, contain the spirit of the whole of humanity. He said that Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi is always sensitive to mankind an
16. Gadkari inaugurates Koilwar Bridge over Sone river in Bihar worth Rs 266 crore Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the three lane 1.5 km long Koilwar bridge over Sone river in Bihar through Video Conferencing today. A sum of Rs 266 crore has been spent on the bridge. The existing two lane bridge for both rail and road traffic is 138 years old. A six-lane bridge is being made in its place, of which, a three-lane carriageway has been opened for public. After completion of the other carriageway, the traffic on NH-922 and NH-30 will ease substa
17. MOHUA launches Socio-Economic Profiling of PM SVANidhi beneficiaries Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launched a programme of Socio-Economic Profiling of PM SVANidhi beneficiaries and their families today, as an additional component of PM SVANidhi Scheme, in the presence of representatives of various Central Ministries and State officials. Under this, a complete profile of each PM SVANidhi beneficiary and their family members will be prepared. Based on the profiled data, benefits of the various eligible Central S
18. Indian Railways Launches Hospital Management Information System Trial Project Indian Railways has launched another major IT initiative towards according priority for the well-being of its work force. TheHospital Management Information System (HMIS) has been launched by Dr. B. P Nanda, Director General, Railway Health services, Railway Board through virtual meanstoday i.e. on 11th December, 2020 in the presence of Sri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, South Centra
19. Preparation in Full Swing for Railway Recruitment Exams commencing from December, 15th, 2020 Indian Railways through its 21 Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) is organizing mega recruitment drive in three phases starting from 15th December, 2020 for filling up about 1.4 lakh vacancies in which more than 2.44 Crore candidates will be appearing in different cities across the country. Preparations for conduct of exams are in full swing.
First phase of the Exam will commence from 15th Dec, 2020 till 18th Dec.2020 for CEN 03/2019 ( Isolated and Ministerial categories). This will be followed
20. Indian Railways issues draft National Rail Plan In an endeavour to address the inadequacies of capacity constraints and improve its modal share in total freight eco system of the country, Indian Railways has come up with Draft National Rail Plan.
A long term strategic plan called the National Rail Plan has been developed to plan infrastructural capacity enhancement along with strategies to increase modal share of the Railways. The National Rail Plan will be a common platform for all future infrastructural, business and financial planni
21. Skill India Establishes First Centre of Excellence for Skill Development in Power Sector In a significant development and in line with the commitment to skill development and vocational training, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India, the Ministry of National Education and Youth, Government of the French Republic and Schneider Electric, today announced the inauguration of first Center of Excellence(CoE) for skill development in power sector in the campus of National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) located at Gwal Pahari, Gurugram (Haryana)to creat
23. Vice President urges people to practice yoga and meditation to beat stress and prevent NCDs The Vice President of India, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu today called upon the people to regularly practice Yoga and meditation and return to our traditional food habits to beat the stress caused by modern lifestyle and prevent non-communicable diseases (NCDs).
Virtually launching the Society of Coronary Surgeons in Hyderabad, he pointed out that the scientific community has concluded that inappropriate lifestyle was the major cause for the raise in the cardio-vascular diseases (CVD) incidence. &ldqu
24. Arunachal Pradesh Govt Purchases 1 Lakh Khadi Face Masks for School Children The Arunachal Pradesh government is procuring another 1 lakh tri-color Khadi face masks for its school children. As the state government prepares to re-open schools for class VIII students from January 4, 2021, it has placed a repeat purchase order for 1 lakh cotton masks. Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) will deliver the masks by December 27.
The repeat order comes just over a month after KVIC supplied 60,000 face masks to the Arunachal Pradesh government in November this year. T
26 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs17 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...
29 Scientist and Driver Recruitment in NBRI Lucknow 2020-21#Jobs39 Days Remaining for Apply CSIR- National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI), Lucknow, a premier plant science research institute under CSIR. CSIR-NBRI invites applications in the prescribed recruitment form from enthusiastic, innovative and young Indian researchers having an excellent academic record and proven scientific achievements for Recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancies of Scientists and Vehicle Driver Job Vacancies in CSIR CBRI. (Advertisement No. 02/2020)
CSIR NBRI Scientist and ...
30 Officer Engineer Vacancy Recruitment by Meghalaya Advt. No. 2020-21/70#Jobs14 Days Remaining for Apply On behalf of various Government Departments of Meghalaya Government, Meghalaya Public Service Commission (PSC) invites online applications in the prescribed form from eligible candidates for direct recruitment of following Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Officers/Engineer etc. in various Departments/Organisation of Meghalaya Government. (Advt. No. MPSC/Advt-54/1/2020-21/70)
Meghalaya PSC Officer Engineer Vacancy recruitment 2020-21
31 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020-21 for Gujarat and Karnataka States#Jobs1 Days Remaining for Apply
Online applications in the prescribed format are invited for Gujarat and Karnataka Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the states in Gujarat and Karnataka states. (Advertisement Numbers - GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS CYCLE – III/2020-2021)
32 UPSC National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy Examination NA (I), 2021#UPSC0 Days Remaining for Apply The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the National Defence Academy (NDA)-I and Naval Academy (NA) Examination (I), 2021 on 18/04/2021 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wing of the NDA for 147th Course and Naval Academy (INAC) for 109th course.
Online applications on prescribed format are invited for NDA & NA Exam (I) 2021 by UPSC from suitable candidates for Officer Government Jobs (Advertisement No.NO.03/2021-NDA-I)
UPSC NDA & NA Exam (I) ...
33 Recruitment of Regular Job Vacancies in IRCON International 2021#Jobs10 Days Remaining for Apply IRCON International Limited, A Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways invites online applications on prescribed format for the recruitment for the following regular Government Job vacancy posts in the disciplines of Civil, Electrical, Finance and Legal disciplines at Ircon's various projects situated in various states across India. (Advertisement No. 07/2020).
Ircon International regular job vacancy 2021
IRCON Regular Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancie ...
36 Various Jobs in Jammu & Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission#Jammu and Kashmir2 Days Remaining for Apply SIDS (human resource agency), invites online applications on fast track basis from domiciles of UT Jammu & Kashmir for their selection in Jammu & Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission on contract basis, for the following Positions:
The Jammu and Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission (JKRLM) is the implementing agency for Deen Dayal Antodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) and registered under J& ...
37 Apex Bank Officer Grade Vacancy Recruitment 2021#Bank12 Days Remaining for Apply M.P. Rajya Sahakari Bank Maryadit (Apex bank - MPRSB) (M.P. State Cooperative Bank Limited) having headquartered at Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) invites Online application in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for recruitment and appointment to the following 29 Posts of Officers Grade (Specialists) for the year 2021 in Apex Bank.
Apex Bank Specialist Officer Grade Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Apex Bank Officer Grade : 29 vacancies in SM-I/SM-II/MM-I/MM-II ...
38 Recruitment for Law Clerks Trainee in Uttarakhand High Court 2021#Uttarakhand12 Days Remaining for Apply Applications in the prescribed format are invited from all eligible candidates for the post of ‘Law Clerks (Trainee)’ purely on contractual basis for a fixed tenure of one year (may be extended) in the establishment of High Court of Uttarakhand at Nainital. (Advertisement No. 01/Law Clerks (Trainee)/2021)
Uttarakhand High Court Law Clerks Trainee Recruitment 2021
Law Clerks Trainee : 10 vacancies, Pay : ₹35000/- per month consolidated, Qualification ...
39 Apex Bank Cadre Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2021#Bank19 Days Remaining for Apply M.P. Rajya Sahakari Bank Maryadit (Apex bank - MPRSB) (Madhya Pradesh State Cooperative Bank Limited) having headquartered at Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) invites Online application in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for recruitment and appointment to the following 75 Sarkari Naukri Vacancy Posts of Cadre Officers for the year 2021 in Apex Bank.
Apex Bank Cadre Officer Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Chief Executive Officer (General Manager) Class-I : 12 ...