The National level function to celebrate 54th International Literacy Day was organized by Ministry of Education here today through online mode. Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Union Minister of Education was the Chief Guest on this occasion. Minister of State for Education, Shri Sanjay Dhotre was Guest of Honour the occasion. The Message of Director General, UNESCO was read by UNESCO Representative on the occasion. Secretary, Department of School Education and Literacy Smt Anita Karwal and senior officials of the Ministry were also present on the occasion.
International Literacy Day Celebration 2020 included a talk on ‘Literacy teaching and learning in the COVID-19 crisis and beyond’ by Prof. J.P. Dubey, Department of Adult, Continuing Education and Extension, University of Delhi to determine the future course of action which needs to be taken to eradicate scourge of illiteracy in the country.
Speaking on the occasion Shri Pokhriyal said that Literacy is the first step in every individual’s life in the endless journey of acquiring knowledge and enlightenment through formal ways. The Minister said that every human being in this civilised world has the right to be literate. It opens up new vistas of development of humanism where an individual can transform into a noble soul with dignity and self-respect. Literacy is an accelerator of development enabling individuals to access and avail economic, political and social benefits not only to empower themselves to lead a quality life, but also to contribute towards national and international development. In a broader perspective, literacy is a vital means to realise the goals of national progress, universal brotherhood and sustainable development.
The Minister further said International Literacy Day is an occasion for the nations all over the world to reaffirm their commitment and resolve to eradicate illiteracy. It is a moment to consolidate the gains made in the area of literacy, share and learn from National and International experiences, build cooperation among stakeholders, and raise public awareness about the significance of literacy.
The Minister informed that this year’s International Literacy Day 2020 focuses on ‘Literacy teaching and Learning in the COVID-19 crisis and beyond’ especially on the role of educators and changing pedagogies. The theme highlights literacy learning in a lifelong learning perspective, and therefore, it mainly focuses on youths and adults. ILD, 2020 provides an opportunity to reflect on and discuss how innovative and effective pedagogies and teaching methodologies can be used in youth and adult literacy programmes to face the pandemic and beyond.
Ministry of Education has made efforts for eradication of illiteracy in the country over the years resulting in achieving substantial progress towards improving access to adult education and learning but still India has a sizeable number of illiterates which have to be literate in attaining a target of achieving 100% literacy before the target year 2030.
Shri Pokhriyal called upon all stakeholders including State Governments, Civil Society Organizations, Corporate Bodies, intelligentsia and my fellow citizens to join hands in transforming India to a fully literate society making our country Saakshar Bharat-Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
While addressing the participants ShriDhotre said that the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi once observed, “Illiteracy is a sin and shame and must be eradicated”.He further said that literacy can play an important role of empowering, transforming and improving quality of life of individuals as well as society, especially women and those belonging to disadvantaged groups of society. He added that that there is an urgent need to focus attention ensuring that everyone is brought into the fold of literacy and formal education to catch up so that we can move faster towards the national goal.
Shri Dhotre emphasized that literacy need not be viewed as an end in itself. This is particularly relevant to our country as large part of our population is under 35 years of age. This young population, entering into world of work without adequate levels of education and vocational skills will prevent us from taking full advantage of demographic dividend. We have to think how the youth can be brought into the ambit of education and lifelong learning.
ShriDhotre called upon all stakeholders to join hands and strive till the goal of transforming India into a literate and sustainable society is achieved. He wished all success to all the participating organizations in their endeavour to achieve total literacy.
International Literacy Day (ILD) is celebrated on 8th September every year all over the world. The celebration of ILD started following a recommendation of the World Conference of Ministers of Education on the Eradication of Illiteracy which met in Tehran in September 1965. The Conference recommended that 8th September, the date of the inauguration of the Conference, be proclaimed International Literacy Day and be observed world-wide. UNESCO in 14th Session of its General Conference held in Paris in November 1966, formally proclaimed 8th September as International Literacy Day. Since then, UNESCO has celebrated International Literacy Day with the aim to sensitize and mobilize international public opinion and to elicit their interest and active support for literacy activities – one of UNESCO’s major pre-occupations.
In India, literacy and particularly Adult literacy has been a national priority since independence. With a view to eradicate illiteracy and impart functional literacy and lifelong education to adult education, National Literacy Mission was launched by Government of India in 1988. Since then, India has been celebrating International Literacy Day on 8th September to reaffirm its national commitment to achieve goal and objectives of literacy and express solidarity with international community in its efforts to eradicate illiteracy.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
2. Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports restores recognition of Archery Association of India Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports has restored the government recognition to Archery Association of India as a National Sports Federation for promotion and regulation of Archery Sport in the country. The Government recognition of AAI was withdrawn eight years back on account of failure to conduct its elections in accordance with the National Sports Development Code of India, 2011 (Sports Code).Government recognition of AAI will be valid for one year.
Union Minister for Tribal Affairs
6. APARNA ENTERPRISES WINS MANDATE TO SUPPLY TILES FOR AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA RESIDENTIAL PROJECT APARNA ENTERPRISES WINS MANDATE TO SUPPLY TILES FOR AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA RESIDENTIAL PROJECT
Mumbai, 19thNovember, 2020: One of the leading players in the building materials segment, Aparna Enterprises Limited has been awarded a prestigious contract to provide Double Charged Tiles for Airports Authority of India residential quarters being constructed at Trichy and Coimbatore. The contract is r
7. Instamojo closes Pre-Series C funding round from Japanese investors Base and Gunosy Capital Instamojo closes Pre-Series C funding round from Japanese investors Base and Gunosy Capital
Mumbai, 18th November, 2020: Instamojo, announced today the closing of its Pre-Series-C funding round of an undisclosed sum. This round of funding saw the participation of Japanese investors Base and existing investors such as Gunosy Capital, who participated in Series B round back in January 2019. The funds raised will be used to
9. PM Inaugurates RE-Invest 2020 Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-Invest 2020) through video conferencing. The summit is organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. The theme for RE-Invest 2020 is ‘Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition’.
The Prime Minister expressed happiness that in the renewable energy sector, within a short time the progress from megawatts to gigawatts in generation capacity and “One Sun, One Wo
16. Shripad Naik chairs e-event on two decades of the National Medicinal Plants Board Shri Shripad Yesso Naik, Minister of State (IC), for AYUSH chaired an e-event organized by the National Medicinal Plant Board on 24th November, 2020 to celebrate its Establishment Day. On this occasion, a “Status Report of NMPB 2020” and “Ayur-veg” e-book were also released.
The AYUSH Minister, Secretary (AYUSH) Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha and other members of the Board complemented NMPB for its progress, achievements and contribution made for growth and deve
17. Indian Railway launches digitised online Human Resource Management System (HRMS) Indian Railway has launched completely digitized online Human Resource Management System (HRMS). Human Resource Management System (HRMS) is a high thrust project for Indian Railways to leverage improved productivity & employee satisfaction. It is a move to improve efficiency and productivity of Railway system and a step towards realizing the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. HRMS is expected to create a big impact on th
18. KONE Elevator India once again in the list of 100 Best Companies for Women KONE Elevator India once again in the list of 100 Best Companies for Women
- This is the fifth successive time KONE Elevator India has been honoured
- Enters the 100 Best Companies for Women in India – “Hall of Fame”
Mumbai, November 25, 2020: KONE Elevator India, a fully owned subsidiary of KONE C
21. UNDP and Invest India launch the SDG Investor Map for India UNDP and Invest India have launched the SDG Investor Map for India, laying out 18 Investment Opportunities Areas (IOAs) in six critical SDG enabling sectors, that can help India push the needle forward on Sustainable Development.
“India occupies a key role in determining the success of the SDGs, globally. Invest India is pleased to have partnered with UNDP India to develop the first-ever 'SDG Investor Map for India'. This initiative is an instrumental stride in India's develop
22. Shri Dharmendra Pradhan Greets the Nation on the 74th Independence Day Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of Steel and Petroleum & Natural Gas has greeted the nation on the 74th Independence day today. In a tweet message ‘From Bharat to Aatmanirbhar Bharat: The Wheel of transition’ Shri Pradhan said, “Our priorities on the domestic and international front have undergone major changes under the Modi government. In recent times, there has been much debate about whether a self-reliant India or Atma Nirbhar Bharat is compatible with globalizatio
23. Policy for Transfer of Employees In terms of instructions issued by Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) on transfer/posting of Government employees, all Ministries/Departments of Government of India are required to have their own guidelines for transfer/posting of their employees providing for the following -
have a mechanism akin to Civil Services Board for recommending transfer; and
Respective Ministries/Departments are also required to place the transfer policy
24. Import and In-house production of PNG & CNG As per information provided by Petroleum Planning and Analysis Cell (PPAC), approximately 9,228 MMSCM of Natural gas has been produced domestically and approximately 9,966 MMSCM of LNG has been imported in the country during the period April-July, 2020. This gas also caters to demand of Piped Natural Gas (PNG) and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG).
IOCL is executing 517 km long Paradip-Haldia-Barauni Oil 30" capacity augmentation pipeline project. IOCL has informed that physical progress of 43.
25. Solar and Wind Power System Steps taken by the Government to implement Solar Power plants and Wind power plants on Indian Railways (IR), inter-alia, are as follows:
1. 102.8 Mega Watt (MW) rooftop solar plants commissioned.
2. 4.7 MW land based solar plants commissioned.
3. Land based solar power plant of 50 MW at Bhilai (Chhattisgarh) and 2 MW at Diwana (Haryana) are under execution. The plant at Diwana will be commissioned in September, 2020.
4. To further proliferate solar plants, IR plans
27 UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (I) 2021#UPSC2 Days Remaining for Apply The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (II), 2020 on 7th February 2021 for admission to Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, Naval Academy, Ezihimala, Air force Academy, Hyderabad, and Officers Training Academy, Chennai for the courses (Men and Women) for recruitment of following 345 Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Officers in Navy, Army, and Indian Air Force. (UPSC Advt. No. 2/2021.CDS-I)
Online application on prescribed format i ...
28 ICMR Scientist-E and Scientist-D Recruitment 2020#Scientist & Research7 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) under Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India invites online application on prescribed format from Indian nationals for recruitment and filling up these Government Job Vacancy posts of Scientist-E, Scientist-D (Medical/Non-Medical) in various disciplines. (Advertisement No. ICMR/Sc-E & Sc-D/2020/2-Pers.)
ICMR Scientist Recruitment 2020 Vacancies
29 Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM#Jobs13 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM
NIFTEM invites online application in the prescribed format for the recruitment of the following Non-Teaching Sarkari Naukri vacancy in NIFTEM in various disciplines in the office of NIFTEM. This is Government Job in Haryana State. (Advertisement No. N/HR&/H/2020/31)
30 ICMR Assistant Vacancy Recruitment 2020 #Scientist & Research5 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi has entered into a memorandum of understanding with the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh for holding of Computer Based Test (CBT) Recruitment Examination/Test for Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Assistants (Group-B Level-6) of ICMR by PGIMER, Chandigarh.
31 UP PSC Regional Inspector (Technical) Examination 2020#Uttar Pradesh5 Days Remaining for Apply UP PSC Regional Inspector (Technical) Examination 2020
Online applications on the prescribed format are invited by Uttar Pradesh (UP) Public Service Commission (PSC), Prayagraj for Recruitment of Government Job (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy posts of Regional Inspector (Technical) (सम्भागीय निरीक्षक (प्राविधिक)) under Regional Inspector (Technical) Examination 2020 for Transport Department of Government of Uttar Pradesh (Advt. No.: A- ...
34 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 14/2020 #UPSC5 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 03/12/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty - Assistant Professor Medical), Nurse, Assistant Director etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (UPSC Advt. No. 14/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Recruitment 14/2020 Vacancies
41 Recruitment in KVIC 2020#Jobs17 Days Remaining for Apply The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Govt. of India. KVIC invites Online Applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian citizens for direct recruitment of the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Directors and Deputy Directors in KVIC. (Advt. No. KVIC/Adm./Recruitment/Dir-Dy.Dir. (DR)/2(30)/2020-21)
43 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Jharkhand North-East Punjab states#Jharkhand13 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by Jharkhand, North-East, and Punjab Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the states in Jharkhand, North-East and Punjab states. (Advertisement Numbers - GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS CYCLE – III/2020-2021)
46 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 15/2020 #UPSC19 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 17/12/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Statistical Officer etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (UPSC Advt. No. 15/2020).
47 Lecturer Technical Education Vacancy Recruitment by RPSC 2020#Rajasthan29 Days Remaining for Apply Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) invites Online application on prescribed format for the recruitment for the following Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy of Lecturer Technical Education for Rajasthan Technical Education Department of Rajasthan Government (Advt. No. 05/EP-I/2020-21).
Rajasthan PSC recruitment examination requires hard work, dedication, and extensive study. The d ...