Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar
The Govt. of India invites interested individuals/ institutions for Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar, an annual award in the field of Disaster Management.
The application can be filled online on the website http://dmawards.ndma.gov.in
Applications for the year 2021 would be accepted from 1st July 2020 to 30th September 2020
Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar
Disasters affect lives, livelihoods and property across the entire spectrum of our society. Disasters also evoke a sense of compassion and selfless service across the nation. In the aftermath of a disaster, different sections of our society come together and work towards alleviating the suffering of those affected by the disasters. The Government’s efforts to save lives through mitigation, risk reduction, effective response, and build back better are often augmented by the hard work of community based organisations, selfless volunteers, dedicated NGOs, conscientious corporate, academic & research institutions and individuals. Many organisations and individuals are working silently but persistently on mitigation and preparedness so that the impact of future disasters can be minimized.
There is a need to recognise the efforts of individuals and organisations who have been working assiduously to alleviate the human suffering caused by disasters.
Government of India to recognize the excellent work done by individuals and institutions in India in the field of Disaster Management has instituted an annual award. known as Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskaar.
There will be up to three awards. Both institutions and individuals are eligible for these awards.
If the awardee is an institution, it shall receive a certificate and a cash prize of Rs. 51 lakhs. The Institution shall utilize this cash prize for Disaster Management related activities only.
If the awardee is an individual, winner shall receive a certificate and a cash prize of Rs. 5.00 lakhs.
An application by an institution does not debar any individual from that institution to apply for the award in his individual capacity.
Only Indian nationals and Indian institutions can apply for the award.
For institutional awards, voluntary organizations, corporate entities, academic/research institutions, response/ uniformed forces or any other institution may apply for the award.
Criteria for Award
The applicant must have worked in the area of Disaster Management like Prevention, Mitigation, Preparedness, Rescue, Response, Relief, Rehabilitation, Research, Innovation or Early Warning related work in India.
The application must be accompanied by details of the work done in disaster management and must highlight achievements in any one or more of the following areas:
• Saving human lives.
• Reduction in impact of disasters on lives, livestock, livelihoods, property, society, economy, or environment.
• Mobilisation and provision of resources for effective response during disasters
• Immediate relief work in disaster hit areas and communities
• Effective and innovative use of technology in any field of disaster management.
• Disaster mitigation initiatives in hazard prone areas
• Capacity building of communities for response and risk reduction.
• Early warning and dissemination of disaster risk information to people on real time basis.
• Scientific/ technical research and innovation in any field of disaster management.
• Post-disaster recovery and rehabilitation.
• Continued functioning of critical infrastructure and basic services during disasters.
• Creating awareness among the masses for preparedness and risk reduction.
• Any other area related to Disaster Risk Management
Procedure for Applying
The applications shall be filed online on www.dmawards.ndma.gov.in
To see detailed instructions for filling up the online application click "help" on the menu bar above.
Any Indian national or institution can nominate a candidate for consideration for this award. Candidates can also self-nominate themselves.
Nomination would be considered only after final submission.
The last date for filing of application for the year 2021 shall be 30th September 2020.
Date of Announcement
The award shall be announced on 23rd January on the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
General Terms and Conditions
The other terms and conditions governing the awards are as follows:
• A candidate can be disqualified for a period of up to three years, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be incorrect, wrong or false in any manner.
• The Screening Committee or the Jury may seek clarifications on the application/ documents submitted by the candidate.
• Applications submitted after the due date shall not be accepted.
• The Jury reserves the right to reject any application.
• Grievances, if any, may be addressed to the Member Secretary, NDMA.