To promote agricultural research and education, and to make the country self- reliant in the agriculture sector, DARE/ICAR has developed a country wide network of 103 Agricultural Research Institutes, 75 Agricultural Universities including 3 Central Agricultural Universities and 11 Agriculture Technology Application Research Institutes ably supported by a network of Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) at the district level mandated with technology assessment and demonstration for wider application and capacity development. The institutes are developing and promoting high yielding varieties and technologies for higher production, reducing farm input (manpower, seed, fertilizer and water) and improving the income of farmers.
During the last 6 years, to accelerate the development of new and improved crops, improved crop health and sustainable farming practices Nanaji Deshmukh Plant Phenomics Center for research was established at IARI, Pusa, New Delhi. Towards creation of new state of art infrastructure, Rajendra Agricultural University, Pusa, Bihar was upgraded to Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University. Two new institutes on the lines of Indian Agricultural Research Institute - Indian Agricultural Research Institute - Jharkhand and Indian Agricultural Research Institute - Assam were established. New colleges were started under Central Agricultural University, Imphal and Rani Laxmibai Central Agricultural University, Jhansi. Mahatma Gandhi Integrated Farming System Research Institute was established at Motihari, Bihar to provide holistic solution for the farming system in the flood prone areas. To improve the outreach of the ICAR among farming community of the country, 81 new Krishi Vigyan Kendras were established during the last 6 years taking the total number of KVKs upto 721. The details pertaining to the salient achievements made by DARE/ICAR in agricultural research and education are given in Annexure-I.
Due to the varieties of crops, improved breeds of livestock, technologies and production practices developed by ICAR/NARS ably complemented by the programmes and policies developed and implemented by the Government, the total production (2019-20) of food grains, pulses, oilseeds, sugarcane, horticultural produce, milk and fish has reached the mark of 295.67, 23.01, 33.50, 358.14, 313.35, 187.70 and 13.42 million tonnes per annum respectively thereby making India self-reliant or surplus in most of these commodities.
Currently there is no proposal for establishment of new agricultural universities in India.
This information was given in a written reply by the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar in Lok Sabha today.
In higher agriculture education, during the last 6 years, the recommendations of 5th Deans Committee were implemented. Four-year degree courses in agriculture, horticulture, fisheries and forestry have been declared as professional degrees. State Agricultural Universities were accredited for quality education in agriculture. A total 40 new centres of excellence were established for advanced training of faculty. To attract talent and strengthen higher agricultural education in the country, the World Bank sponsored National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP) was started with total funding assistance of Rs.1100.00 crores. A new international fellowship, "Netaji Subhash ICAR Fellowships", was introduced to provide training to Indian scholars in selected excellent laboratories in the world and to train foreign scholars in excellent Indian universities/establishments.
During the last 6 years, ICAR/NARS developed and released 1405 high yielding/stress tolerant varieties/hybrids in different crops including 707 of Cereals, 220 of pulses, 206 of oilseeds, 154 of commercial crops, 93 of fodder crops besides 20 Bt. Cotton varieties and 5 other crops. In addition, over 472 improved varieties of different horticultural crops have also been notified for cultivation under different agro-climatic conditions during this period. To tackle the problem of malnutrition, a total of 54 biofortified varieties of crops were developed by ICAR, a new initiative. These varieties could be used to effectively tackle malnutrition by incorporating them in the PDS system and/or through introduction in the mid-day meal scheme of schools.
Approximately, 7,02,663.8 quintals breeder’s seed of improved varieties of crops produced and provided DoAC & FW for sustaining the effective seed chain in the country. In addition, 29,25,319.8 quintals of quality seed were also produced and supplied to farmers and other agencies by ICAR during last 6 years. ICAR also produced and supplied 3124.1 lakh Quality planting material including 45.3 lakh tissue culture plants among farmers.
Developed 63 Integrated Farming System Models encompassing field and horticultural crops, agroforestry, livestock, fisheries for doubling income of small and marginal farmers of different agro-ecological regions of the country. ICAR developed 60 organic farming packages of practices for dominant crops and cropping systems to enhance farmers’ income, which are being promoted under ParampragatKrishiVikasYojana (PKVY). As part of technology demonstration component of National Innovations in Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA), climate resilient technologies are being demonstrated in 446 villages representing 151 climatically vulnerable clusters. The district based contingency plans were prepared for 650 rural districts in the country so far and hosted on ICAR/DAC websites (http://farmer.gov.in/, http://agricoop.nic.in/acp.html, http://crida.in/ and were made available to all state agriculture departments for implementation. During 2014-20 ICAR has planned and/or treated more than 4500 ha area of watershed area at various locations falling in various agro-ecological regions of the country for soil and water conservation and productivity enhancement. Land Resource Inventory (LRI) on 1:10000 scale was prepared for 27 aspirational districts of India to workout block level land use planning. In collaboration with FAO, ICAR has contributed around two lakh geo-referenced soil organic carbon stock data which is the product of SOC concentrations, bulk density and reference soil depth of 30 cm. The same was used to develop soil organic carbon map of India at 1 km grid.
In livestock sector also, focused attention has been given towards improvement of productivity. During the last 6 years 9 new breeds of pig and 6 new varieties of poultry were developed. Besides, a total of 40 new cattle species were registered and notified by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research during the years 2014 to 2019. The total number of registered animal breeds / species in the country increased to 184. As part of an all-time initiative, all these 184 breeds were notified on 14 October 2019 in the Gazette of India to protect the intellectual property rights of these breeds. Ten vaccines were developed by ICAR to deal with various animal diseases. An effective surveillance regime has been developed and thermos tolerant vaccines are being developed to free India from Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) by 2024. In addition, a total of 43 diagnostic kits were developed by ICAR for effective diagnosis of major animal diseases during last 6 years.
In fisheries, ICAR developed 12 breeding and seed production technologies for food fishes and 20 ornamental fish species, developed technologies for shrimp farming in inland saline waters, biofloc-technology, Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture and open-sea cage farming, developed cost affective quality feed such as VannameiPlus, SeebassPlus, Polyplus, CIFRI CageGrow, Trout starter feed, Varna, Varsha and Kalor FishPlus for different fish / shellfish culture species, developed improved variety of rohu, ‘Jayanti’ with >50% higher growth after 9thgeneration, improved catla with 30% higher growth and improved freshwater prawn with 30% higher growth and developed several high value compounds, antioxidants and nutraceuticals for combating joint pain, arthritis; type-2 diabetes; dyslipidemia; hypothyroidism; hypertension; osteoporosis; calcium deficiency and obesity. Besides, ICAR implemented National Surveillance Programme for Aquatic Animal Diseases (NSPAAD) in 17 states covering 115 districts with involvement of 27 organizations.
ICAR, developed over 750 agriculture-based startups and Agri-entrepreneurs including the Farmer Entrepreneurs in various areas of agriculture. ICAR, Research Institutes have provided the support for technology incubation activity and nurturing the techno-entrepreneurs in Agri-business Incubation (ABI) Centers established in 24 ICAR institutes, keeping in view the spectrum of technologies, available infrastructure and the core competency of the institutes.
Farm implement and machines suitable for farmers under Indian conditions being developed and popularized by ICAR. The farm machinery banks are being established for machines being manufactured elsewhere in the country to supply in low mechanized region on custom hiring basis. The rural youths/farmers are being trained at the Institutes for custom hiring of farm implements and machines. The custom hiring is catching up in many states like Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Odisha and Manipur etc. During the last 5 years, ICAR research institutes developed 72 equipment/machines/gadgets and 34 products/ process protocols for mechanization of farm and postharvest operations. Established 652 custom hiring centres and established 49 agro-processing centres in rural catchments to encourage entrepreneurship and processing at the production sites.
The exercise of monetizing 29 major technologies developed by ICAR has indicated the revenue contribution of Rs. 2 lakh crores per annum for the farming community/ country due to these technologies alone (http://www.niap.icar.org.in).
ICAR through their network of 721 KVKs have provided technological support to over 6.0 crore farmers, farm women and rural youth during last 6 years by conducting technology validation and demonstrations, capacity development and organizing extension activities.
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) proves to be a Boon for fishermen across the country The fisheries sector has been recognized as a powerful income and employment generator as it stimulates growth of a number of subsidiary industries and is a source of cheap and nutritious food, at the same time it is an instrument of livelihood for a large section of economically backward population of the country. Fishery sector occupies an important place in the socio-economic development of the country. "Fisheries is a fast-growing sector in India, which provides nutrition and food security to a
2. International Science Literature Festival – VIGYANIKA organized to mark the birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan CSIR-National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (CSIR-NISCAIR), Ministry of Earth Sciences (MOES) and Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA) jointly organised the inaugural session of Vigyanika-International Science Literature Festival on the opening dayof IISF 2020 on the virtual platform to mark the birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan.Addressing the participants and invitees, Dr Ranjana Aggarwal, Director, CSIR-NISCAIR & CSIR-NISTADS stated that the event
6. English rendering of PM’s address in the 18th Episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat 2.0’ on 29.11.2020 My dear countrymen, Namaskar! I want to share a good news with you all at the beginning of Mann ki Baat today. Every Indian will be proud to know that a very oldidol of Devi Annapurna is returning to India from Canada. This idol was stolen from a temple of Varanasi and smuggled out of the country around 100 years ago somewhere around 1913. I express my gratitude to the Government of Canada and to all those for this large heartedness who made this propitious deed possible. Mata Annapoorna has a very speci
8. Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Ministry of AYUSH decides to set up an AYUSH Export Promotion Council The Ministry of Commerce and Industry and the Ministry of AYUSH have decided to work together to set up an Export Promotion Council to boost AYUSH exports. This decision was taken recently in a joint review of AYUSH trade and Industry by Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Commerce and Industry and Shri Shripad Naik, Minister of AYUSH. It was also decided in the review that the entire AYUSH sector will work together to achieve price and quality competitiveness to boost AYUSH exports. The review was held throu
10. Successful Trials of 5.56 x 30 mm Joint Venture Protective Carbine (JVPC) Defence Research and Development Organsiation (DRDO) designed 5.56x30 mm Protective Carbine has successfully undergone the final phase of User trials on 7th December 2020 meeting all the GSQR parameters. This has paved the way for induction into the services. This was the last leg of trials in a series of User trials which have been carried out in extreme temperature conditions in summer and high altitudes in winter. JVPC has successfully met the stringent performance criteria of reliability and ac
11. Aparna Enterprises brings Italy’s renowned faucet brand Paffoni to India Aparna Enterprises brings Italy’s renowned faucet brand Paffoni to India
· Becomes the master distributor for all Paffoni products in India
· The association is expected to grow Aparna Unispace (Aparna Enterprises retail division) revenues by 20% in FY 2021-2022
Mumbai, 17th December, 2020: Aparna Enterpri
12. Vice President urges people to practice yoga and meditation to beat stress and prevent NCDs The Vice President of India, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu today called upon the people to regularly practice Yoga and meditation and return to our traditional food habits to beat the stress caused by modern lifestyle and prevent non-communicable diseases (NCDs).
Virtually launching the Society of Coronary Surgeons in Hyderabad, he pointed out that the scientific community has concluded that inappropriate lifestyle was the major cause for the raise in the cardio-vascular diseases (CVD) incidence. &ldqu
20. Quantum Communication between two DRDO Laboratories Secure communications are vital for defence and strategic agencies world over and distribution of encryption keys from time to time is an important requirement in this context. Sharing of keys over the air or wired links requires encryption, which in turn requires encryption keys to be pre-shared. Quantum based communication offers a robust solution to sharing the keys securely. Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) undertook the project for development of this technology.
23. Young scientists share innovative ideas in a range of areas at the SCO Young Scientist Conclave Young scientists shared their innovative ideas in a range of thematic areas in the five days Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Young Scientist Conclave which concluded recently. The areas included agriculture and food processing; sustainable energy and energy storage; biotechnology and bioengineering; combating COVID-19 and emerging pandemics through research and innovation; environmental protection and natural resource management,
22 young scientists were given certificates of appreciati
24. National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) celebrated Human Rights Day today Human Rights Day was celebrated by the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) in New Delhi today. Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Shri Nityanand Rai was the Chief Guest at the programme. In his address through virtual mode, Shri Rai said human rights have existed in India since the Vedic period. The lines, Sarve Bhavantu Sukhina Sarve Santu Niramaya in the Vedic Mantras, contain the spirit of the whole of humanity. He said that Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi is always sensitive to mankind an
26 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs19 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...
28 Recruitment of Experienced Technical Professionals in NFL 2020#Bank4 Days Remaining for Apply National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) is looking for qualified, bright, young, energetic, dynamic and result oriented Engineers as Management Trainee (Technical) in various disciplines for its various Units / Offices.
Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by the NFL for recruitment of following the 30 Management Trainee Technical vacancy recruitment. (Advt. No. 05/2020)
29 Scientist and Driver Recruitment in NBRI Lucknow 2020-21#Jobs41 Days Remaining for Apply CSIR- National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI), Lucknow, a premier plant science research institute under CSIR. CSIR-NBRI invites applications in the prescribed recruitment form from enthusiastic, innovative and young Indian researchers having an excellent academic record and proven scientific achievements for Recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancies of Scientists and Vehicle Driver Job Vacancies in CSIR CBRI. (Advertisement No. 02/2020)
CSIR NBRI Scientist and ...
30 Technical & Support Staff Vacancy Recruitment in CDRI Lucknow#Uttar Pradesh19 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications in the prescribed format are invited from technically qualified persons for the Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Technical & Support Staff as Technical Officer, Technical Assistant, and Technician at various levels in CSIR - Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow in the areas of Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Pre-clinical Sciences and Scientific & Technical support divisions of CSIR-CDRI. (Advt. No. 11/2020) SarkariNaukriBlog dot com.
CDRI Technical and Support Sta ...
31 Recruitment of Faculty & non-Teaching Vacancy in IIT Tirupati 2021#Jobs12 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh) invites online applications in the prescribed format from candidates with an established record of independent high-quality research and commitment to teaching for regular Faculty Sarkari Naukri Vacancy positions of Professor, Associate Professors, and Assistant Professor and regular non-teaching staff vacancies. (Advertisement No. IITT/FAC – RMT-01/2020 & IITTP/Staff RMT-01/2020)
Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment IIT Tirup ...