The 9-5 schedule may not suit everybody. Many of you must have thought of being self-employed at one point in life. Starting your own business is not easy. It has its pros and cons. However, the pros outweigh the cons when you have a great idea and are willing to work hard for it. It can be a very rewarding experience to be self-employed. All you have to do is play to your strengths and be well aware of your weaknesses. Let’s read more about different kinds of self-employment ideas that can help you make money on your own. You might be having a job, but if there is something that drives you to get up, turn it into your profession. No, you don’t have to give up your job all of a sudden. You can start small, once you think that your business is flourishing, you can take it to the next level.
What Are the Benefits of Being Self-employed?
Being self-employed can make you feel great about yourself and it has many benefits associated with it. Here’s how being self-employed can be advantageous for you –
You will have the potential to make an unlimited amount of money.
You can save money as per you conveyance.
You will be your own boss.
You can work on your own schedule.
You will get the benefits of tax deductions.
You get to follow your passion.
By being self-employed and hiring other people, you actually help them.
Yes, there are risks associated with being self-employed, but these benefits are pretty great to tip the scales in self-employment’s favour.
Self Employment Ideas to Start Your Business in India Today
India is a booming economy and finding work is relatively easy as compared to a lot of other countries. Since the internet, the country has become a lot closer, and a lot of opportunities have opened up for everybody. If you want to start something of your own, here are some potential ideas for you –
1. App Development
Almost half of the world’s population has access to mobile phones, so the possibility of making apps are endless. There is a high requirement for app developers around the globe, and it is possible to work remotely as well. Since there are apps available for almost everything now, ranging from ordering food to running errands, you can try your hands at this. This industry is booming and the money is good, so you can consider this idea.
From the comfort of your kitchen, you can bake cakes/pastries or even various dishes, if you like to cook. This is a good self-employment idea for homemakers. There are multiple ways to make money. You can start a cooking channel on Youtube or conduct baking classes at home. You can write your own recipes and publish your own cookbook too if you are good! Working as a food consultant with restaurants is a great option as well.
Blogging is possibly the most common type of self-employment idea. All you need is a laptop and access to the Internet, which we assume that most of you have. There are different industries and topics that you can write about, but if there is something you are very passionate about, blogging is a great way to share your thoughts with the world. Although it is a slow process, you can definitely make money through blogging. If you are good and people start noticing your work. Advertisements are a common way to monetize this self-employment option.
4. Web Designing
As everything is going on social media today, it is critical for almost all businesses to have a presence online. This includes not only social media but also a legitimate, professional-looking website. From individuals who run their own enterprise to multinational companies, the requirement for websites is very high. Lucky for you, simple websites are easy to create. The learning curve is mild, and you can probably pick up the basics in no time. Once you work on the basics, you can make a lot of money from the comfort of your home.
5. Interior Designing
Do you have an eye for colours, textures, and spaces? If yes, then interior designing is something you should consider. Living in an urban environment helps because you can take the help of real estate agents, builders, and architects who might use your services to set up a space that they are working on. You get to handle everything to do with how space looks from the floors to the tiny curios on desks. Interior designers also get paid a fair sum for every project. You can do a course in interior designing and make this your profession.
6. Enter the World of Comedy
Imagine a world where you can get paid to crack jokes. Well, many comedians and aspiring comedians do just that. By doing stand-up shows at venues or skits on Youtube, you can make a lot of money. If you have stage fright, fear not because there are writing jobs as well in this industry.
7. Delivery Service Business
A delivery service business is often underrated, but if you think about it, you will realise that it is so much in demand. Millions and millions of things get delivered on a daily basis. There is a huge opportunity there ranging from food, groceries, to commercial deliveries. Pick up and drop services, medicines for the elderly; the possibilities are endless if you can put together a small team.
If you are heavily into fitness and nutrition but have not considered making money out of it, you should, because more and more people are becoming conscious about what they eat because of the wide presence of processed food. Many people don’t have the time or do not check the nutritional content in what they eat. Hence, they are willing to pay good money to someone who will help them plan out their meals. You can do a course in it and become a certified nutritionist.
If your language is very good and you have a knack for grammar, proofreading is a job you can do from anywhere. With so many books, magazines, and e-chronicles being published every month, it’s not very hard to find work. There are many businesses that hire multiple editors to proofread articles, blog posts, novels, etc. You can also contact freelance writers who require your services or put you in touch with someone in the same line of work.
The photography business has gained a huge popularity today. If you are good at taking pictures and have an eye for detail, photography is a good option. Avenues in which you can shoot include weddings, events, food, travel, etc. Other options include selling your photos online or taking photos for websites. You can charge by the day, by the hour, or by the project. Whatever it might be, you stand to make a lot of money in this profession.
Much like the editing work, there are various online websites that are content driven. These jobs are widely available, and there are many companies that provide project-based work. Resume writing is big in the corporate world for young people who are just starting out and also pays good money. You can start off by doing some sample articles to get used to it and work your way up from there.
12. Wedding Planning
Today, more and more people are willing to spend on weddings. People love to have a big wedding, but not everybody can manage the work it involves to plan a grand wedding. Outsourcing that job to a planner makes their lives easier and gives an opportunity to the people who like to plan weddings. Wedding planning involves arranging and organizing everything or parts of a wedding from start to end. It’s hard work, but it pays a lot of money, so if you love planning and weddings, you should look into this.
13. Life Coach
If you think you are doing well in life, you could consider passing on those skills to other people. Many people do not know how to manage their finances, social life, downfalls in their career, and look for suggestions from other people to help them manage everything. You can start by working with people who are between jobs and help them out and work your way up from there.
14. Tuition Centre
Skills and subject knowledge must be passed on, and tuition is a great way to do it. If you think you are good in a particular subject, you can start tuition classes of kids or adults who are looking to better themselves. This is a great self-employment idea for ladies who are homemakers. It’s better to start slow by teaching kids English and mathematics in and around your neighbourhood. Once you are more comfortable with the idea, you can move on to other topics and subject matters.
15. Buying and Selling Second-hand Items
Many websites today give you the opportunity a second-hand market, and it is possible for you to sell things there. If you have a knack for buying things at a low price, you can flip it for a profit on most e-commerce websites. A lot of people do this from the comfort of their homes. If you have any collectables and are willing to part with them, you can sell them and make money!
16. Digital Marketing
This is a good self-employment idea for many people. Digital marketing involves promoting business and brands via electronic media. Digital marketing is different from traditional marketing. To start a digital marketing firm, first, you will have to do a short course in digital marketing. Once you understand the basics of it. You can work in an established firm to understand everything in detail. If you have a great idea and right skills, you can start this business.
17. Candle Making
The market for candles is very lucrative and they’re used all around the world as not only a novelty for homes or rooms, but also in birthday parties, functions, and events. Making candles is easy from the comfort of your home if you are a stay at home mom and also a good way to make a little bit of money. Start by reaching out to some other candle makers and ask their help. You can also learn it online. Start small; sell some candles in retail outlets. If people like your work, they will come directly to you.
18. Beauty Parlour
If you understand makeup and know what it takes to become a beautician, this is a great option for you. From your home, you can start a local parlour for beauty treatments. It is a profitable idea because many women go to beauty salons. You can get a certification from a local institute and you will be ready to go!
19. Travel Experience Curator
If you have managed to travel a lot in your life, this is a great way to make some money from home. Many people look for someone who will help them plan their trips or suggest a rough itinerary. If you have contacts in those places, you can arrange their accommodation as well as sightseeing activities. If you live in a big city, and people come to visit it, you can also become a travel guide. You would be well aware of all the tourist places in your city, so you would be able to guide them the best. You can earn a reasonable amount with this business.
20. Tiffin Service
Selling homemade food is common in big cities where most bachelors and bachelorettes do not have time to cook at home. Since eating out every day is not only unhealthy but also expensive, many people turn towards someone in their neighbourhood who provide tiffin service on a daily basis. If you like cooking, you can make some extra food along with the same lunch you are making for yourself and start a small weekly menu. Display some posters in and around your locality to gain some traction.
21. Pet-daycare Business
Nowadays, many people have a pet or two but don’t have the time to really take care of them because of their jobs. If you think you are great with pets and can take care of them like your own, you can even start a pet-daycare. Start small; you can start a dog-daycare centre, if you care take care of dogs. Feeding the dogs on time, taking care of them, and of course making sure that they stay happy will be some of your responsibilities. Although you will need a good knowledge about animal behaviour, canine CPR, canine first aid etc, but if you don’t have, you can always learn by volunteering at a vet clinic. Learn, then you can start a pet-daycare centre.
22. Start a Jewellery Business
No, you don’t have to sell gold and silver jewellery, we are talking about customised jewellery. Today, women like to wear different kind of jewellery made of different materials like metals, beads, or shells. If you have a little bit of capital and an artist in you, you can make jewellery with beads or shells and sell it. Make earrings, necklaces, rings and bangles made out of different materials and sell them. This is a business that you can run from home while making a handsome profit as well.
23. Publish an Ebook
If you have always had a flair for writing, you should be out there publishing your own E-book for direct selling. Various online platforms have made it possible for each and everyone to publish their work. Gone are the days where you had to hunt for publishers in order to get your work published. Many E-book authors make money by selling their published work online. You can do it too and get paid for it if your stories are good.
24. Sell Handmade Items
If you have a flair for creating things, you can start selling handmade items. It is easy to start at home and you can sell on various websites online or even from your house as well. You can sell sculptures, paintings, jewellery, crafts, stationery items, etc. There is always a market for something or you can create your own market. It’s a good chance to let your creativity flow and make money out of it.
25. Food Truck Business
If you think you are a good cook and can make satiating foods like sandwiches, dosas, idlis, and even tea and coffee, you can start a food truck business. You will need to rent a food-truck initially and will have to pay a driver for driving around the truck across the hot spots of your city, but once people notice you and enjoy what you cook, you can settle at one spot and people will come to you. Food truck business has gained a lot of popularity in the past couple of years and will continue to do so, so try your luck.
There are multiple opportunities available in case you are looking to branch out and become self-employed. Using a skill you have to make a living is very satisfying. It’s not often you get to tell people that you make money out of what you love. You also get a lot of time to yourself, which is great for personal development. Give yourself a chance and try to be self-employed. Who knows?
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Jobs Fair By National Career Service Jobs Fair By National Career Service
National Career Service is a Five Year Mission Mode Project launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister on 20th July, 2015. The project is being implemented by the Directorate General of Employment, Ministry of Labour & Employment. National Career Service (NCS) is a one-stop solution that provides a wide array of employment and career related services to the citizens of India. It works towards bridging the gap be
2. Farming and Non-Farming Jobs in Rural Areas Government of India is supporting State Government in expansion of livelihood and employment opportunities in the rural areas through a multitude of interventions which included interventions in the farm and allied sectors, non-farm including small and cottage industries sector and service sector besides social sectors. The programs that directly address creation of livelihood and employment under the Ministry of Rural Development includes DeendayalAntyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihood Mission (DA
3. Women showing an impressive show in PCS exams Prayagraj: Last week, the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) declared the final result of Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Exam (2018), commonly known as PCS. The results showed that besides being the first time that all the three toppers were female candidates, over one fourth of the total posts were bagged by candidates of the fair sex.
4. Various Jobs in ndma.gov.in Various Jobs in ndma.gov.in
Date of Advertisement
Last Date for applying
Advertisement for filling up post of two positions of Consultants on contract basis in NDMA. Details.
6. Employment Opportunities in Textile Sector Textile Sector in India provides largest source of employment in the country with over 4.5 crore people employed directly and another 6 crores people in allied sector including large number of women and rural population through various schemes and public programmes such as:-
Amended Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme is being implemented to upgrade technology/machineries of textile industry with an outlay of Rs.17,822 crore during 2016-2022 which will attract investment
7. Digital Skills to Jobless People Digital Skills are crucial in the post Covid era to ensure skilling for the youth and also to address the requirements of Industrial Revolution 4. Directorate General of Training (DGT), under the Ministry plays a key role in the implementation of long term training schemes including training in the latest cutting edge technologies. DGT has entered into an MOU with IBM in June 2020 for Free Digital Learning Platform “Skills Build Reignite” to reach more Job Seekers and provid
8. 2200 Home-based, Remote NGO, UN Jobs 2200 Home-based, Remote NGO, UN Jobs
Programme Co-Ordinator - Labour And Habitat
Youth For Unity And Voluntary Action (Yuva)
Location: Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
Apply by: 14 Oct 2020
Location: Ramgarh, Jharkhand
Apply by: 20 Oct 2020
9. KVIC Creates 1500 Employment in 10 Cities to Celebrate Sewa Diwas Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) extended the benefits of various employment generation schemes to nearly 1500 persons in 10 Indian cities to celebrate “Sewa Diwas” on Thursday which marks the birthday of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. From Arunachal Pradesh on the North Eastern Frontier to Bikaner on the Western Border and from Chandigarh and New Delhi in the North to Madurai and Coimbatore down South, KVIC organized 14 programs to expand the ambit of its welfare projec
10. Latest BBA Admissions 2020 Live Updates Various B-Schools have begun the admission process for BBA program while many management institutes are about to start. To get the latest updates on the admission process of B-schools offering BBA program Careers360 brings to you the latest information and updates on BBA admission process. Check the complete list below:
DU BBA Admission 2020
Delhi University will conduct DU JAT 2020 for admission to BBA program executed at various colleges of DU. Authorities began the
11. What is NLAT 2020? How do I Apply for NLSIU Bangalore? What is NLAT 2020? How do I Apply for NLSIU Bangalore?http://educratsweb.com/users/images/3798-contents.pngThe National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore will not accept the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) scores this academic year and will instead conduct its own National Law Aptitude Test (NLAT) for admissions to undergraduate and postgr
12. Best Self Employment Ideas To Start Making Money On Your Own The 9-5 schedule may not suit everybody. Many of you must have thought of being self-employed at one point in life. Starting your own business is not easy. It has its pros and cons. However, the pros outweigh the cons when you have a great idea and are willing to work hard for it. It can be a very rewarding experience to be self-employed. All you have to do is play to your strengths and be well aware of your weaknesses. Let’s read more about different kinds of self-employment ideas that can help yo
13. West Bengal Freeship Scheme West Bengal Freeship Scheme
The West Bengal Free ship Scheme (WBFS) has been introduced from the year 2011. WBFS is for the under Graduate students level in Engineering & Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture programmes conducted by the self financing private Engineering and Technical Institutions of the State. The waiver is limited to the tuition fee for all the institutions concerned. All other fees except tuition fees will have to be
14. Recruitment of Ayurvedic Medical Officers in AIIMS AIIMS Bhubaneswar has conducted recruitment for Ayurvedic Medical Officers in which 01 post of Senior Medical Officer (Ayurveda) and 02 posts of Medical Officer (Ayurveda) were advertised against which 01 post of Senior Medical Officer (Ayurveda) and 02 posts of Medical Officer (Ayurveda) were filled up. However, one candidate resigned from the post of Medical Officer (Ayurveda) and current filled up position stands at 01 post of Senior Medical Officer (Ayurveda) and 01 post of Medical Officer (Ayu
15. Government launches ASEEM portal to help skilled people find sustainable livelihood opportunities Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship on Friday launched Aatamanirbhar Skilled Employee-Employer Mapping (ASEEM) portal to help skilled people find sustainable livelihood opportunities.
The portal will map details of workers based on regions and local industry demands and will bridge demand-supply gap of skilled workforce across sectors.
ASEEM portal will provide employers a platform to assess the availability of skilled workforce and formulate thei
17. Indian NGO, Aid, UN jobs on devnetjobsindia Indian NGO, Aid, UN jobs on devnetjobsindia
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Apply by: 08 Oct 2020
Residential Female & Male Social Worker
19. IBPS RRB 2020 Mock Test Released @ibps.in - Check Details here Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the online IBPS RRB mock test for the IBPS RRB 2020 prelims exam of Office Assistants and Officer Scale - I. Candidates can appear in the IBPS RRB online mock test to understand the IBPS RRB 2020 exam pattern and examination system. IBPS already released the IBPS RRB 2020 admit card for both the posts of Officer Scale - I as well as Office Assistants. As per the IBPS RRB 2020 exam dates, the exam is scheduled on September 12 , 13 and September 19, 20,
20. Google launches Kormo Jobs app in India Google launches Kormo Jobs app in India
Kormo Jobs: Find jobs & grow your career
Employers use the Kormo Jobs app to hire job seekers. It only takes a few minutes to set up your basic profile, and get a beautiful digital CV that you can share, print, or apply directly to jobs listed on the app. If you take the time to fill out your background, experiences, and interests then we’ll match you for relevant jobs - let employers come to you!
The more you use th
21. Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) Common Law Admission Test
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a centralised national level entrance test for admissions to twenty two National Law Universities (NLU) in India. Most private and self-financed law schools in India also use these scores for law admissions. Public sector undertakings in India like ONGC, Coal India, BHEL, Steel Authority of India, Oil India etc. also use CLAT Post Graduation ( CLAT PG) scores for recruitment of legal positions i
22. 2200 Home-based, Remote NGO, UN Jobs Grant Manager
Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives (APPI)
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Apply by: 11 Nov 2020
Medical Officer (MBBS) , Dermatologist (MD/ DVD)
The Leprosy Mission Trust India
Location: Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh
Apply by: 09 Nov 2020
23. Recruitment of Transgenders in CAPF Recruitment of Transgenders' in CAPF
Indian Government has started the process of Recruitment of Transgender persons in the central government offices. In this connection, the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) asked all central government departments to include transgender as a separate category for recruitment for all posts, including civil services.
Actually, in the month of December 2019, Parliament passed the Transgender Persons (Protec
25. Job Opening in SRG HOUSING FINANCE LIMITED, (SRGHFL) Job Opening in SRG HOUSING FINANCE LIMITED, (SRGHFL)
SRG HOUSING FINANCE LIMITED, (SRGHFL) is a Listed Housing Finance Company registered under the Companies Act, 1956. The Company was incorporated on 10th March, 1999, with the Registrar of Companies, Jaipur in the name of VITALISE FINLEASE PRIVATE LIMITED with an object to provide of housing finance.
The promoters had their efforts to start t
26 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs18 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...
28 Maha Metro Pune Project Job Vacancy Recruitment 2020-21 #Jobs3 Days Remaining for Apply Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MAHA-Metro) invites applications from Indian Nationals for the Recruitment of following Supervisory and Non-Supervisory Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts for Operation and Maintenance (O & M) department of Pune Metro Rail Project on regular basis. (Advertisement No. MAHA-Metro/P/HR/O &M/06(S-NS)/2020/).
31 Recruitment of Experienced Technical Professionals in NFL 2020#Bank3 Days Remaining for Apply National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) is looking for qualified, bright, young, energetic, dynamic and result oriented Engineers as Management Trainee (Technical) in various disciplines for its various Units / Offices.
Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by the NFL for recruitment of following the 30 Management Trainee Technical vacancy recruitment. (Advt. No. 05/2020)
32 Manager Job Vacancy Recruitment in NPS Trust 2021 #Jobs11 Days Remaining for Apply National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust) invites online applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian citizens for recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Officer Grade B (Manager) and Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) across different streams on direct recruitment basis. (Advertisement No. 2/2020-21)
NPS Trust Manager Jobs Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
33 Recruitment of Staff Vacancy in NPCIL GHAVP Unit 2021#Jobs7 Days Remaining for Apply Gorakhpur Haryana Anu Vidyut Pariyojana (GHAVP) under Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) is planning for recruitment of the following Government Jobs of Staff through Online application in the prescribed format in NPCIL GHAVP at district Fatehabad (Haryana). (Advertisement No: NPCIL/GHAVP/HR/RECTT/2021/01)
NPCIL Haryana GHAVP Unit Staff Vacancy Recruitment 2021
35 Officer Engineer Vacancy Recruitment by Meghalaya Advt. No. 2020-21/70#Jobs15 Days Remaining for Apply On behalf of various Government Departments of Meghalaya Government, Meghalaya Public Service Commission (PSC) invites online applications in the prescribed form from eligible candidates for direct recruitment of following Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Officers/Engineer etc. in various Departments/Organisation of Meghalaya Government. (Advt. No. MPSC/Advt-54/1/2020-21/70)
Meghalaya PSC Officer Engineer Vacancy recruitment 2020-21
36 IBPS IT Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 2021 #Bank21 Days Remaining for Apply Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS), an autonomous body, has been authorised by the IBA, invites online applications in the prescribed format from eligible candidates for selection of personnel to the following Information Technology (IT) Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts in IBPS.
IBPS IT Jobs Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Analyst Programmer - Windows: 01 vacancies
Analyst Programmer - Frontend: 02 vacancies
37 Recruitment of Regular Job Vacancies in IRCON International 2021#Jobs11 Days Remaining for Apply IRCON International Limited, A Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways invites online applications on prescribed format for the recruitment for the following regular Government Job vacancy posts in the disciplines of Civil, Electrical, Finance and Legal disciplines at Ircon's various projects situated in various states across India. (Advertisement No. 07/2020).
Ircon International regular job vacancy 2021
IRCON Regular Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancie ...
38 Recruitment for Regular and Fixed Job vacancy in HIL India Limited 2021#Jobs18 Days Remaining for Apply HIL (India) Limited (Formerly known as Hindustan Insecticides Limited), a Govt. of India Enterprise, under the Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, invites application in the prescribed format for the recruitment of following Sarkari Naukri job vacancy posts on a Regular and Fixed Tenure basis for the year 2021.
HIL India Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Finance Manager: 02 vacancies in E-4 cadre on a r ...
39 Various Jobs in Jammu & Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission#Jammu and Kashmir3 Days Remaining for Apply SIDS (human resource agency), invites online applications on fast track basis from domiciles of UT Jammu & Kashmir for their selection in Jammu & Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission on contract basis, for the following Positions:
The Jammu and Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission (JKRLM) is the implementing agency for Deen Dayal Antodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) and registered under J& ...