Minister of State (I/C) for Labour and Employment, Shri Santosh Gangwar today introduced three Labour Codes in the Lok Sabha heralding the path of game changing labour welfare reforms in the country. These bills are (i) Industrial Relations Code, 2020, (ii) Code on Occupational Safety, Health & Working Conditions Bill, 2020 (iii) Social Security Code, 2020. While introducing the bills he mentioned that the Code on Wages has already been approved by Parliament in the month of August, 2019 and has already become the law of the land. Along with this, three Bills introduced today will pave way for simplification of labour laws, its implementation and will bring immense labour welfare measures to the 50 crores workers in the country, both in the organised and unorganised sectors.
Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar also said that on the recommendation of the second National Commission on Labour that the existing Labour Laws to be merged into fewer Labour Codes, Government started the work on these lines. “Since 2014 elaborate exercise of consultations with all stake-holders was undertaken. As a result, 29 Central Labour Laws are proposed to be reduced to just 4 Labour Codes” Shri Gangwar added.
He also mentioned that these Codes will also bring the industrial peace and harmony in the country which will immensely help the country in bringing much needed economic growth and will help in employment generation.
The Minister further mentioned that these introduced Bills will also help the employers which will bring the investment and will create harmonious industrial relations in the country. He further said that to help the harmonious industrial relations, we need to balance the interest of all stakeholders. Further stated that t 73 years, after independence we are now bringing much needed labour reforms in the country in a big way.
The Minister also said that these reforms will really protect the interest of workers and will provide them social security, protection, safe and working environment and effective conciliation, mechanism for their grievances, if any left. He further mentioned that in these labour codes, a proper balance is maintained between the interest of workers and the employers because then only a labour welfare can take place in true sense.
All these Bills were earlier introduced in the Lok Sabha in 2019, after which it was referred to Parliamentary Standing Committee as per the normal Parliamentary practices for examination and after detailed discussion with all the stakeholders, a report was submitted by the Parliamentary Standing Committee. “Labour & Employment Ministry has gone through all the 233 recommendations and I am happy to say that 74% of the recommendations of the Parliamentary Standing Committee has been accepted by the Government” Shri Gangwar said.
A statutory right has been created for minimum wages and timely payment of wages to all workers whether in organized or unorganised sector. It extends entitlement of minimum wages to all the workers in the country as against 30 per cent of the workforce, at present. At present, minimum wages are fixed for employment covering mainly mines sector, plantation, dock workers, building and construction workers, watch and ward, sweeping and cleaning and on manufacturing sector etc. Extension will take place to entire service sector (IT, hospitality, transportation etc.), domestic workers, unorganized workers, teachers.
Method of fixation of minimum wage rates simplified. Factors to be taken into account are skills and geographical location as against the present system of wage being fixed employment-wise.
Number of minimum wage rate would be around 200 in the entire country as against 10000, at present.
In central sphere, there would be only 12 minimum wage rates as against 542.
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Ministry of Tourism organises Domestic Tourism roadshow in Goa Ministry of Tourism, Government of India organised the domestic tourism road show in Goa today through its IndisTourism office in Goa . This event was organised in collaboration with Goa Tourism and Travel and Tourism Association of Goa (TTAG).
This B2B event and second in series of domestic tourism Road Shows in the Western and Central Region that the Ministry of Tourism has planned to conduct since the Covid–19 outbreak was inaugurated byMs. Rupinder Brar , Additional Director General,
2. PM to flag off 100th Kisan Rail on 28 December Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will flag off the 100th Kisan Rail from Sangola in Maharashtra to Shalimar in West Bengal on 28th December 2020 at 4:30 PM via video conferencing. Union Ministers Shri Narendra Singh Tomar and Shri Piyush Goyal will also be present on the occasion.
The multi-commodity train service will carry vegetables such as cauliflower, capsicum, cabbage, drumsticks, chillies, onion, as well as fruits like grapes, oranges, pomegranate, banana, custard apple etc. Loading and
3. PM participates in Dev Deepawali Mahotsav in Varanasi The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi participated in Dev Deepawali Mahotsav in Varanasi today.
Addressing the event, the Prime Minister said it was another special occasion for Kashi as, He said, the idol of Mata Annapurna that was stolen from Kashi more than 100 years ago, is now coming back again. It is a matter of great fortune for Kashi. He said these ancient idols of our gods and goddesses are a symbol of our faith as well as our priceless heritage.
The Prime Minister said if s
4. NEP 2020 upholds Reservation Policy as Enshrined in Indian Constitution- Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has today clarified that the NEP 2020 upholds the Reservation Policy enshrined in the Constitution of India. Following is the text of the Minister’s letter giving the details:
“This is apropos media reports attributed to PTI that have appeared on and around 24th November 2020 questioning whether the NEP 2020 upholds the Reservation Policy as in enshrined in the Constitution of India. As per the articles published,
6. India Top 10 Police Stations for 2020 announced India’s Top 10 Police Stations for 2020 announced
The Government of India selects best performing Police Stations across the country every year, to incentivize more effective functioning of police stations and bring healthy competition among them.
The Top 10 Police Stations in the country for 2020 are: -
7. Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Ministry of AYUSH decides to set up an AYUSH Export Promotion Council The Ministry of Commerce and Industry and the Ministry of AYUSH have decided to work together to set up an Export Promotion Council to boost AYUSH exports. This decision was taken recently in a joint review of AYUSH trade and Industry by Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Commerce and Industry and Shri Shripad Naik, Minister of AYUSH. It was also decided in the review that the entire AYUSH sector will work together to achieve price and quality competitiveness to boost AYUSH exports. The review was held throu
10. PM lays foundation stone of New Parliament Building Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the New Parliament Building today. The new building is an intrinsic part of the vision of ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat’ and will be a landmark opportunity to build a peoples’ Parliament for the first time after independence, one which will match the needs and aspirations of ‘New India’ in the 75th anniversary of independence in 2022.
Speaking on the occasion, the Prime Minister said today is a milestone in Indi
11. PM addresses International Bharathi Festival 2020 Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed International Bharathi Festival 2020 through video conferencing and paid tributes to the Bharathiyar on his Jayanti. The festival is being organised by Vanavil Cultural Centre to celebrate the 138th birth anniversary of Mahakavi Subramanya Bharathi. The Prime Minister Congratulated the Scholar Shri Seeni Viswanathan, for receiving the Bharathi Award for this year who was presented the award during the event.
The Prime Minister said d
12. MOHUA launches Socio-Economic Profiling of PM SVANidhi beneficiaries Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launched a programme of Socio-Economic Profiling of PM SVANidhi beneficiaries and their families today, as an additional component of PM SVANidhi Scheme, in the presence of representatives of various Central Ministries and State officials. Under this, a complete profile of each PM SVANidhi beneficiary and their family members will be prepared. Based on the profiled data, benefits of the various eligible Central S
13. Indian Railways Launches Hospital Management Information System Trial Project Indian Railways has launched another major IT initiative towards according priority for the well-being of its work force. TheHospital Management Information System (HMIS) has been launched by Dr. B. P Nanda, Director General, Railway Health services, Railway Board through virtual meanstoday i.e. on 11th December, 2020 in the presence of Sri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, South Centra
14. Indian Railways issues draft National Rail Plan In an endeavour to address the inadequacies of capacity constraints and improve its modal share in total freight eco system of the country, Indian Railways has come up with Draft National Rail Plan.
A long term strategic plan called the National Rail Plan has been developed to plan infrastructural capacity enhancement along with strategies to increase modal share of the Railways. The National Rail Plan will be a common platform for all future infrastructural, business and financial planni
15. PM to address Centenary Celebrations of AMU on 22 December Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will address the centenary celebrations of Aligarh Muslim University on 22 December, 2020 at 11 AM via video conferencing. Prime Minister will also release a postal stamp during the event. Chancellor of the University His Holiness Syedna Mufaddal Saifudin and Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank will also be present on the occasion.
AMU became a University in 1920, through an Act of Indian Legislative Counc
20. PM to release next instalment under PM-KISAN on 25 December Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will release the next instalment of financial benefit under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) on 25th December 2020 at 12 noon via video conferencing. With the push of a button, the Prime Minister will enable the transfer of more than Rs. 18,000 crores to more than 9 crores beneficiary farmer families.
Prime Minister will also have a conversation with farmers from six different States during the event. The farmers will share their experiences w
21. Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) proves to be a Boon for fishermen across the country The fisheries sector has been recognized as a powerful income and employment generator as it stimulates growth of a number of subsidiary industries and is a source of cheap and nutritious food, at the same time it is an instrument of livelihood for a large section of economically backward population of the country. Fishery sector occupies an important place in the socio-economic development of the country. "Fisheries is a fast-growing sector in India, which provides nutrition and food security to a
22. NTPC wins prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2020 Country’s largest power producer, NTPC ltd has been conferred “Excellence” in the prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2020 in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Domain. NTPC has been honoured in the Corporate Excellence Category, Commendation for Significant Achievement.
The recognition was received by Shri D. K. Patel, Director (HR) in the august presence
24. International Science Literature Festival – VIGYANIKA organized to mark the birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan CSIR-National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (CSIR-NISCAIR), Ministry of Earth Sciences (MOES) and Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA) jointly organised the inaugural session of Vigyanika-International Science Literature Festival on the opening dayof IISF 2020 on the virtual platform to mark the birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan.Addressing the participants and invitees, Dr Ranjana Aggarwal, Director, CSIR-NISCAIR & CSIR-NISTADS stated that the event
26 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs20 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...
29 Officer Engineer Vacancy Recruitment by Meghalaya Advt. No. 2020-21/70#Jobs17 Days Remaining for Apply On behalf of various Government Departments of Meghalaya Government, Meghalaya Public Service Commission (PSC) invites online applications in the prescribed form from eligible candidates for direct recruitment of following Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Officers/Engineer etc. in various Departments/Organisation of Meghalaya Government. (Advt. No. MPSC/Advt-54/1/2020-21/70)
Meghalaya PSC Officer Engineer Vacancy recruitment 2020-21
30 Rolling Faculty Vacancy Recruitment at IIM Lucknow 2020-21#Faculty & Teaching0 Days Remaining for Apply The Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIML), is one of the premier Business Schools in the country. The school provides an ambiance for genuine intellectual excitement and professional growth.
IIM Lucknow invites applications for Rolling Faculty Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Assistant Professors, Associate Professors, and Professors in the various subjects/disciplines in its rolling faculty vacancy recruitment 2020-21.
IIM Lucknow Faculty Vacancy Recruitment 2020-21