Ministry of Tribal Affairs has been implementing a separate Central Sector Scheme ‘Eklavya Model Residential Schools’ (EMRSs) from 2019-20. The objective of EMRS is to provide quality upper primary, secondary and senior secondary level education to Scheduled Tribe (ST) students to enable them to access the best opportunities in education and to bring them at par with the general population. 285 EMRSs are currently functional across the country.
As per Census 2011, literacy rate of Scheduled Tribes (STs) was 59% whereas the overall literacy rate was 73% at all India level.
As per Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) report 2017-18 published by Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, literacy rate for STs is 67.7% and corresponding figure over all is 76.9%. The PLFS 2018-19 report reveals an improvement in literacy rate of STs at 69.4% as compared to 78.1% over all.
Government is implementing a number of schemes / programmes to increase the literacy rates and education level of STs, which are given below:
GOVERNMENT SCHEMES / PROGRAMMES INTER-ALIA BEING IMPLEMENTED TO INCREASE THE LITERACY RATES AND EDUCATION LEVEL OF STS
Ashram Schools: Funds are provided to States for setting up residential schools for STs for primary, middle, secondary and senior secondary levels of education.
ST Hostels: Central assistance is given to States/UTs/Universities for construction of new hostel buildings and/or extension of existing hostels.
Scheme of Strengthening Education among ST Girls in Low Literacy Districts: 100% Grant-in-Aid is given to NGO / Voluntary Organizations for running and maintenance of educational complexes for ST girls.
Post Matric Scholarship and Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST students studying in classes IX & X.
Funds are provided under Special Central Assistance to Tribal Sub-Scheme (SCA to TSP), Grants under Article 275 (1) of the Constitution and Scheme for Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTG) for various interventions relating to improvement of education including construction of hostels, schools, construction of boundary walls in schools, construction of playground, toilets and arrangement of drinking water, kitchen garden in schools etc.
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), a Centrally Sponsored Scheme is also being implemented in conjunction with the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 for universalisation of elementary education for all children in the 6-14 age group.
The National Council for Education Research and Training (NCERT) in the National Curriculum Framework, 2005 (NCF) makes it clear that language and culture are important to all children's learning including Scheduled Tribes. SSA aims to develop context specific interventions.
Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (KGBVs) are residential schools from class VI to XII for girls belonging to disadvantaged groups such as SC, ST, OBC, Minority and Below Poverty Line (BPL). The objective behind establishing KGBVs is to ensure access to quality education to girls from disadvantaged groups by setting up residential schools and to reduce gender gaps at all levels of school education.
States are also advised for expansion of scope of education for Tribal children to include sports, physical education, vocational education, Tribal Art, painting, crafts, health, hygiene and nutrition, traditional food (minor millet) in school meals, etc., to make the school education useful, relevant and interesting for the children and tribal communities.
This information was given by Union Ministerfor Tribal Affairs Shri Arjun Munda in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.
2. Union Minister of Education presents AICTE Lilavati Awards 2020 on women empowerment Union Minister of Education Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' presented the AICTE Lilavati Awards 2020 on women empowerment to the winners in New Delhi today.
Speaking on the occasion Shri Pokhriyal congratulated all the 456 teams who participated in the contest. The Minister said that India is a country where 'Nari Tu Narayani' has bee
5. How you will Increase Traffic on Affiliate Marketing Website? I will talk about some of the intricacies of increasing traffic.
1. Use all the features of SEO
Traffic is a source of potential customers. No buyers - no sales. Many entrepreneurs, when they enter their Google Analytics account, see graphs as flat as pancakes. Less than 200 visitors per day :(
This is not enough for the success of an online business.
No matter what traffic you have on the site right now, you can increase it by
6. Increase in Child Marriage Cases during the Lockdown As per the information received from National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), there is no data to indicate rising number of child marriage cases during the lockdown period.
The Government has enacted the ‘Prohibition of Child Marriage Act (PCMA), 2006’. The Government also undertakes awareness drives, media campaigns and outreach programmes and issues advisories to the States/ UTs from time to time to highlight evil effects of this practice. Further, the Ministry of Women and Child Dev
7. Measures taken by Government for athletes and coaches during Covid-19 pandemic As far as players and coaches supported by Sport Authority of India (SAI), no financial curtailment has been done. Further, during the lockdown period, players have been provided with the following facilities to continue their training:
Regular Online Training / Class conducted for athletes by the coaches to keep them motivated and fit during lock down period. Athletes were provided with online training module for daily practice.
Regular interaction with the athletes was done
10. 20 Mega Food Park projects set up with the support of Central Government Kerala's first and nation's twentieth mega food park in Palakkad district of Kerala was virtually inaugurated today by the Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar and Chief Minister of Kerala, Mr. Pinarayi Vijayan. Union Minister of State for Food Processing Industries, Shri Rameshwar Teli was also present on the occasion. This project will give impetus to the development of food processing sec
11 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 6/2021#UPSC1 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 15/04/2021 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts of Specialist Grade-III Assistant Professor in various medical disciplines in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (Government of India) in the prescribed online format (UPSC Advt. No. 6/2021).
UPSC Government Jobs Recruitment 6/2021 Vacancies
Specialist Grad ...
12 Sub-Inspector Level Vacancy Recruitment in UP Police Civil and PAC 2021#Uttar Pradesh16 Days Remaining for Apply Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UPPRPB) invites Online applications in the prescribed format for the Recruitment 2021 of following 9534 Sub-Inspector (SI) level Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Sub-Inspector (SI) in UP Civil Police, Platoon Commander in Provincial Armed Police (PAC) - male only and Fire Officer Grade-II - male only under Uttar Pradesh (UP) Police. (Advertisement No.PRPB-2(3)/2020)
UP Police Sub-Inspector Recruitment 2021 Vacancies