A webinar on Curriculum Reforms & National Curriculum Framework (NCF) and Pedagogy was organized on 23.9.2020under Shikshak Parv initiative to highlight the salient features of the New Education Policy (NEP 2020). Shikshak Parv is being celebrated from 8th September- 25th September, 2020 to felicitate the Teachers and to take New Education Policy 2020 forward. The targeted beneficiary group for this session were: Pre-school & Lower Primary Teachers, Heads of Schools, Parents, All States/UTs Education Department.
Experts who participated in this session were:
Prof. Hrushikesh Senapati, Director, NCERT
Prof. Ranjana Arora, Head, Department of Teacher Education, NCERT (Cordinator)
Prof. Anjum Sibia, Department of Teacher Education, NCERT
Shri Selvamuthukumaran Rajkumar, Teacher, Indira Gandhi Government High School, Puducherry and a National Teacher Awardee
Prof. Hrushikesh Senapati, Director NCERT shared his views on the shifts in curriculum and pedagogy as per the perspective of NEP-2020. Salient points from his deliberation included:
New textbooks that will be developed will take into account constitutional values, local flavours and traditions of the region. This will help prepare our children for global citizenship.
Pedagogy has to be integrated with assessment. This has been recommended in NEP 2020. The policy mentioned holistic development and 360-degree progress assessment of students. For this to take place new and innovative pedagogies will have to be adopted. This in turn needs to be reflected in the textbooks.
Competency based textbooks are required to develop competencies and life skills in the students. Keeping in mind that each child is unique the textbooks should be designed. However, this poses a big challenge. In order to ensure all round development of each child, textbooks must be flexible with psychological and social emotional consideration for children.
NCF will develop 4 types of interrelated Curriculum. The goal is to create a curriculum framework that helps produce independent thinkers. Independent learners will become self-sufficient. Thus, NEP is a step in the direction of “AtmanirbharBharat”.
Shri S Rajkumarshared the curriculum and pedagogical reforms undertaken in his school. Important points of his presentation are as follows -
He has tried to incorporate the guiding principles of NCF 2005 in his teaching style – connecting knowledge outside to school learning, enriching curriculum beyond textbooks and ensuring shift from rote memorization to critical thinking.
Science Research Projects – Introduced research methodology for Class 8 and 9 students wherein they frame a hypothesis, investigate, record and analyze data and eventually come up with solutions. Examples of such science projects undertaken in his school include Holistic study on a local pond, Study on Open Defecation habit and Study on Irrigation canals of the village.
Research Projects should be undertaken to inculcate scientific temper which would encourage analytical, logical and critical thinking. He recommended doing one research project a year in action mode, so that students live with the problem and understand it better. This helps them acquire problem-solving abilities and life skills. For instance, his students participated in a Water Audit, checking leakages and creating awareness. They took the action of replacing old leaks and minimising water wastage.
Prof. Anjum Sibiacovered the significant recommendations in NEP 2020 with respect to each stage and experiential learning process in school education. She started by quoting a line from NEP-2020, which describes its vision- “Pedagogy must evolve to make education more experiential, holistic, integrated, inquiry-driven, discovery-oriented, learner-centered, discussion-based, flexible, enjoyable”
3. Haryana & Odisha present their Annual Action Plans under Jal Jeevan Mission Haryana and Odisha presented their Jal Jeevan Mission Annual Action Plan today via video conferencing charting their plan of action for the financial year 2021-22 as well as the saturation plan for the States, thereby ensuring every rural household in these States will get household tap water connection. During the presentation, the State of Haryana reiterated their commitment to achieve the JJM target by 1st November 2022 i.e. Haryana Day, much ahead of the national deadline. Odisha plans
5. Partnership with International Agencies To ensure that skilling fulfils the aspiration of the people at local level including Panchayat level, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship is laying emphasis on empowering the District. It is envisaged that the District Skill Committee under the District Collector would not only facilitate development of district skill development plans but also oversee the implementations for better delivery. District Skill Committees would work closely with the Ministry to drive ski
6. National Bio-Material Centre National Biomaterial Centre has been established at National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organisation (NOTTO), Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, an organisation under Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India and is fully functional.
The Government of India is implementing National Organ Transplant Programme (NOTP) to promote organ donation across the country. Under this programme, an apex level National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organisa
7. Webinar Organised On Technology Aspects of Remote Voting Election Commission of India, in partnership with Tamil Nadu e-governance Agency organized a webinar on “Technology aspects of remote voting: Exploring Block chain” on 10th August 2020. The webinar brought together technologists, academicians, policy practitioners, cyber security experts from India and around the world. The initial idea for using block chain based voting solution emerged
8. Training programme for Capacity Development of Anganwadi Workers & Farm Women to achieve national nutrition goals organized A training programme for Capacity Development of Anganwadi Workers & Farm Women to achieve the national nutrition goals was organized by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) on 17th September 2020, as part of the 3rd Rashtriya Poshan Maah being celebrated in the month of September throughout the country. Around one lakh Poshan kits were also distributed among Anganwadi workers by Krishi Vigyan Kendras all over the country on the occasion of PM’s birthday on 17th September 2020.
9. National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM) Webinar Series on “Hydro-Meteorological Hazard Risk Reduction” concludes National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM), Ministry of Home Affairs in collaboration with India Meteorological Department organised a webinar series on “Hydro-Meteorological Hazards Risk Reduction”from July 14 to August 4. The webinar series include four webinars focusing on issues apropos of Thunderstorms and Lightning, Cloudburst and Floods, Cyclones and Storm Surges and Climate Change and Extreme Weather Events. The webinar series focussed on enhancing human capacit
10. Allocation and distribution of food grains and gram under Atma Nirbhar Bharat Package A total of approx. 8 LMT foodgrains (Rice and Wheat) were allocated to States/UTs. Also, Under ANB whole Chana was provided @ 1kg per household per month for two months i.e. May-June 2020, free of cost to migrant labourers who were not covered under NFSA, 2013 or were without ration card in the States/UTs in which they were stranded. Such beneficiaries were estimated as 10% of total beneficiaries under NFSA.
Under the ANB, against adjusted total allocation of 27,001.19 MT whole Chana for two mo
11 Recruitment of Contract Engineers Job Vacancies in IRCON International 2021#Engineering10 Days Remaining for Apply IRCON International Limited, A Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways invites online applications in the prescribed format for the recruitment for the following Engineer Government Job vacancy posts on a Contract basis for IRCON's various projects at a fixed all-inclusive salary situated in various states across India. (Advertisement No. C-02/2021).
IRCON Contract Engineer Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Works Engineer/Civil: 60 vacancies ...