Award of Senior/Junior Fellowships to Outstanding Persons in the Fields of Culture
Award of Senior/Junior Fellowships to Outstanding Persons in the Fields of Culture
- Section Officer, (S & F) Section at Ph. No. 011-24642157 or through e-mail: scholar-culture[at]nic[dot]in in the Ministry.
- Director, Centre for Cultural Resources and Training, 15-A, Sector-7, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075 at Phone Number : 011- 25309300; 011-25074256, 011-25309394 or through e-mail: dir[dot]ccrt[at]nic[dot]in
A review of Government efforts in the fields of creative arts revealed that while academicians, scientists had scope for independent work both in an institutional frame-work through fellowships instituted by the University Grants Commission, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, there was no scheme which provides similar facilities and opportunities in the fields of creative arts or for revival of some of our traditional forms of art. A milieu of freedom supported by financial security could perhaps provide the much needed congeniality of atmosphere for further works in this field. It is also observed that although there are schemes to cover the age group of 10-14 years (Cultural Talent Search Scholarships Scheme) and the age group of 18-25 years (Scheme of Scholarships for Young Artistes in Different Cultural Fields), there were no schemes which would provide the basic financial support either for very advanced training or individual creative effort for revival of some of our traditional forms of arts. The scheme of awarding fellowships to outstanding persons in various creative fields of culture is intended to fill this gap. The scheme would also cover artistes in rural/tribal areas.
The fellowships are awarded for undertaking research oriented projects. The applicant should provide evidence of his/her capabilities in undertaking the project.
The Fellowships are not intended for providing training, conducting workshops, seminars or documenting memoirs/or writing autobiographies, fiction, etc.
- Senior/Junior Fellowships in the Field of Performing, Literary and Plastic Arts.
- Performing Arts ( Music/Dance/Theatre/Folk Traditional & Indigenous Arts including Puppetry)
- Literary Arts (Travelogue/History & Theory of Literature)
- Plastic Arts (Graphics/Sculpture/Painting including Folk Paintings and Research Work on Traditional Paintings/Creative Photography)
- Senior/Junior Fellowships in the New Areas related to Culture.
In the ‘New Areas related to culture’, projects are sought in the following fields :
- Sociology of Culture
- Cultural Economics
- Structural and Engineering Aspects of Monuments
- Scientific and Technical aspects of Conservation
- Management aspects of Art and Heritage
- Studies relating to application of Science and technology in areas related to culture and creativity.
The objective is to encourage analytical application of new research techniques, technological and management principles to contemporary issues in areas related to art and culture. General and theoretical macro-studies will not be considered. The proposal should be innovative and application oriented and preferably inter-disciplinary in nature.
This scheme shall be known as the ‘Scheme for the award of fellowships to outstanding persons in the field of culture
Number of fellowships
The number of fellowships will be up to 400 each year. These are of two types, namely, senior and junior fellowship. The number of senior fellowships will be 200 of the value of Rs.20,000/- each per month for the artistes in the age group of above 40 years. The Number of junior fellowships will be 200 and these will be of the value of Rs.10,000/- each per month for the artistes in the age group of 25-40 years. Age will be reckoned as on 1st April of the year.
In addition, there could be a one time grant up to maximum of Rs. 20,000/- or 50% of the cost of the publication, whichever is less, for publication of selected Project documents. This will be restricted to 20% of the awardees.
Applicant for senior Fellowship should not be the recipient of pension from Ministry of Culture under the scheme for grant of financial assistance to artistes in indigent circumstances.
An applicant should not have availed of the same fellowship earlier. However an applicant who had been awarded a Junior Fellowship can apply for a Senior Fellowship, provided 5 years have elapsed after the closure of the earlier project.
Graduation is the minimum educational qualification for applicants in the fields/areas listed in Para II (b) of the Scheme.
Applicants who are employed will have to apply through the proper channel.
Under the Senior and Junior Fellowships, the awardees will submit a six-monthly progress report. In cases where such reports are not received timely, the Ministry may withhold further releases of the Fellowship amount.
The selected candidates will have to undertake academic or application oriented research work on projects for which they have been awarded the Fellowship. They will complete their Projects within two years and submit the same to the Ministry. Extension of time by maximum three months will be permissible without any additional financial liability to the Government.
Review/Assessment of Performance
A mid-term review/assessment of performance in each case will be carried out after one year and further continuance of Fellowship will depend on such review/assessment.
Procedure for selection
- Applications for award for Fellowship will be invited every year, through advertisement. Applicants are required to submit online applications on the Website of the Ministry i.e. www.indiaculture.nic.in or CCRT i.e. www.ccrtindia.gov.in
- If the applicants are employed in Central/State Government Departments/Institutions/Undertaking/University etc., they will have to take leave for a period of 2 years for the period of the Fellowship. They should submit their fellowship applications through the head of Department/Institution/ Undertaking/University etc. with the written assurance that in case the fellowship is sanctioned, the candidate will be granted leave for the duration of the Fellowship. The first installment of the Fellowship will be released on production of proof of leave sanctioned, in addition to other conditions as applicable.
- An Expert-Committee comprising experts in different fields will be constituted by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, which would in the first stage examine all applications and shortlist the most meritorious among them for eventual selection of the required number of Fellows in different fields/areas.
- Short-listed Junior Fellowship candidates will be called for an interview/talk by the Expert Committee who will then select the most meritorious candidates up to the required number of Junior Fellowships in different fields/areas. No such interview/talk would be necessary in the case of Senior Fellowships.
All awards sanctioned under the scheme shall be disbursed by the Central Government, directly.
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register
& Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Award of Scholarships to Young Artists
The Ministry of Culture is implementing the scheme component of ‘Scholarships to Young Artists in Different Cultural Fields (SYA)’ to grant Scholarship to Young Artists in different cultural fields including traditional arts forms for undergoing advanced training in their respective fields. Under this scheme component, a Scholarship of Rs. 5,000/- per month is provided to selected Scholars for a period of 02 years in four equal six monthly installments. The selected scholars should be in the
5. National level Scholarships and Awards for students
This is an attempt to fill in this information gap and provide the information on various National & State level Scholarships and Awards for students by the Government of India through its Ministries, Departments and autonomous institutions. This information is useful for the students who are pursuing their school level (class 1 to 12) education.
Scholarship is a boon for students, belonging to the weaker sections of the society, who are unable to further their education for some reason or
We would love to hear your thoughts, concerns or problems with anything so we can improve our website educratsweb.com ! email us at email@example.com
and submit your valuable feedback.
Save this page as PDF
| Recommend to your Friends