There are reports in certain sections of media wherein certain doubts have been raised regarding the applicability of the provisions relating to Tax Collection at Source (TCS) on certain goods introduced vide Finance Act, 2020. This press note is being issued to clarify those doubts about the applicability of these provisions.
Finance Act, 2020 amended provisions relating to TCS with effect from 1st October, 2020 to provide that seller of goods shall collect tax @ 0.1 per cent (0.075% up to 31.03.2021) if the receipt of sale consideration from a buyer exceeds Rs. 50 lakh in the financial year. Further, to reduce the compliance burden, it has been provided that a seller would be required to collect tax only if his turnover exceeds Rs. 10 crore in the last financial year. Moreover, the export of goods has also been exempted from the applicability of these provisions.
It has been reported in the media that TCS has been made applicable to the amount received before 1st October, 2020. It is clarified that this report is not correct. In this connection, it may be noted that this TCS shall be applicable only on the amount received on or after 1st October, 2020. For example, a seller who has received Rs. 1 crore before 1st October, 2020 from a particular buyer and receives Rs. 5 lakh after 1st October, 2020 would be required to collect tax on Rs. 5 lakh only and not on Rs. 55 lakh [i.e Rs.1.05 crore - Rs. 50 lakh (threshold)] by including the amount received before 1st October, 2020.
It has also been reported in certain section of the media that every transaction will attract this TCS. This report is not correct. It may be noted that this TCS applies only in cases where receipt of sale consideration exceeds Rs. 50 lakh in a financial year. As the threshold is based on the yearly receipt, it may be noted that only for the purpose of calculation of this threshold of Rs. 50 lakh, the receipt from the beginning of the financial year i.e. from 1st April, 2020 shall be taken into account. For example, in the above illustration, the seller has to collect tax on receipt of Rs. 5 lakh after 1st October, 2020 because the receipts from 1st April, 2020 i.e. Rs. 1.05 crore exceeded the specified threshold of Rs. 50 lakh.
Further, the seller in most of the cases maintains running account of the buyer in which payments are generally not linked with a particular sale invoice. Therefore, in order to simplify and ease the compliance of the collector, it may be noted that this TCS provision shall be applicable on the amount of all sale consideration received on or after 1st October, 2020 without making any adjustment for the amount received in respect of sales made before 1st October, 2020. Mandating the collector to identify and exclude the amount in respect of sales made up to 30th September, 2020 from the amount received on or after the 1st of October, 2020 would have resulted into undue compliance burden for the collector and also litigation.
It has been reported in certain section of the media that this TCS is an additional tax. This is obviously not correct. In this regard, it may be noted that TCS is not an additional tax but is in the nature of advance income-tax/TDS for which the buyer would get the credit against his actual income tax liability and if the amount of TCS is more than his tax liability, the buyer would be entitled for refund of the excess amount along with interest.
It may also be noted that this TCS shall be applicable only on the receipt exceeding Rs. 50 lakh by a seller from a particular buyer. Therefore, on payment of Rs. 1 crore made by a buyer to a particular seller only Rs.5,000 (Rs. 3,750 this year) i.e. [0.1% of (Rs. 1 crore - Rs. 50 lakh)] shall be collected. Hence, in case of a person making payment of Rs.1 crore each to 10 different sellers, the total tax collected shall be only Rs.50,000 (Rs. 37,500 this year) i.e 10 x [0.1% of (Rs. 1 crore- Rs. 50 lakh)] on the total payment made for purchase of Rs. 10 crore to ten different sellers.
Assuming a net profit of 8% on sales, his business income in respect of this payment of Rs. 10 crore made for purchase would be around Rs. 87 lakh. The income-tax liability on the income of Rs. 87 lakh for an individual in the new taxation regime would be around Rs. 27 lakh. Hence, the amount of TCS collected i.e. Rs.50,000 (Rs. 37,500 this year) would be a miniscule part of his actual tax liability and would be easily adjusted against his tax liability. In a rare case, if his tax liability is less than even Rs.50,000 (Rs. 37,500 this year), he shall be entitled for refund of excess TCS with interest.
It has also been reported in certain section of media that every seller will have to collect TCS. This is also not correct. In this context, it may be noted that in order to reduce the compliance burden, this TCS is made applicable to only those sellers whose business turnover exceeds Rs. 10 crore. In other words, those having turnover of less than Rs. 10 crore will not be required to collect TCS. There are only around 3.5 lakh persons who have disclosed business turnover of more than Rs. 10 crore in FY 2018-19. There are around 18 lakh entities which already deal with TDS/TCS. Therefore, this TCS collection under these new provisions would be required to be made by persons who, in most of the cases, would already be complying with the other provisions of TDS/TCS.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports restores recognition of Archery Association of India Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports has restored the government recognition to Archery Association of India as a National Sports Federation for promotion and regulation of Archery Sport in the country. The Government recognition of AAI was withdrawn eight years back on account of failure to conduct its elections in accordance with the National Sports Development Code of India, 2011 (Sports Code).Government recognition of AAI will be valid for one year.
Union Minister for Tribal Affairs
5. ITAT organises webinar to celebrate 71st Constitution Day The Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) celebrated the 71st Constitution Day, also known as Samvidhan Divas, on 26th November, 2020 by organizing an All India Webinar. The celebrations were led by the Mr. Justice P.P. Bhatt, President, ITAT. On the occasion, Shri Anoop Kumar Mendiratta, Union Law Secretary, Shri Tushar Mehta, Solicitor General of India, Ms. Seema Khorana Patra, Member (Legislation), Central Board of Direct Taxes and other dignitaries were present. The Vice Presidents a
7. EPFO conferred with Platinum Partner Award for highest transactions on UMANG App On the occasion of completion of 3 years of UMANG App, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, Communications and Law & Justice unveiled the newly instituted UMANG Awards for Partner Departments of Centre and States based on average transactions in the past six months across all services. Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has been conferred with Platinum Partner Award for registering more than 25 lakh transactions on UMANG App.
9. National Council for Transgender Persons will assess impact of various policies with respect to transgenders The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has enacted “The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights), Act, 2019. As per Chapter VII of the Act in the National Council for Transgender Persons, along with other members, five representatives of transgender community from the State/UTs by rotation and five experts to represent Non-Governmental Organizations or associations working for the welfare of transgender persons are to be nominated by the Central Government. The Council will assess t
10. Summary of Flood Situation and Advisories Heavy to very heavy rainfall with extremely heavy falls at a few isolated places over West Madhya Pradesh; East Rajasthan, Gujarat and Sub-Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim; heavy to very heavy rainfall at isolated places over Madhya Maharashtra, Assam and Konkan & Goa and heavy rainfall at isolated places over East Madhya Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh & Coastal Karnataka occurred in the morning.
20 Stations (7 in Bihar, 4 in Uttar Pradesh, 2 each in Odisha & Maharashtra, 1 each in As
12. Webinar Organised On Technology Aspects of Remote Voting Election Commission of India, in partnership with Tamil Nadu e-governance Agency organized a webinar on “Technology aspects of remote voting: Exploring Block chain” on 10th August 2020. The webinar brought together technologists, academicians, policy practitioners, cyber security experts from India and around the world. The initial idea for using block chain based voting solution emerged
13. How to Update Garmin GPS? Toll Free No : +1 844-687-1001 Garmin GPS is the device in which you have to connect with your car for traveling from one place to another place. Before the GPS device every person using their smartphones to go to the destination place. But after get the knowledge about the importance of GPS. And then we get the Garmin GPS, you have to just connect with your car. But if the GPS device needs to update it, then you have to follow these steps.
Step1: Whenever you get that you need to upgrade the GPS device. You
14. Need for providing a comprehensive and objective account of the historical events: Vice President The Vice President, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu today stressed the need to give for providing a comprehensive, authentic and objective account of the historical events.
He was speaking after releasing the book, ‘NETAJI—India’s Independence and British Archives’ authored by Dr. Kalyan Kumar De, an associate member of the Netaji Subash Bose-INA Trust at Upa-Rashtrapati Nivas.
Observing that the book contains some interesting documents that throw light on the great cont
15. Income Tax Department conducts search in Jharkhand and West Bengal. The Income Tax Department has carried out search and survey operations on 25th September, 2020 at around 20 residential and business premises of a prominent group having operations in Jharkhand and West Bengal. The group is engaged in trading of various commodities, production of vanasapati ghee, real estate and tea estates. The group is having real estate projects in Kolkata.
During the search substantia
16. Modernisation of Armed Forces The details of Budget Estimates (BE), Revised Estimates (RE) and Actual Expenditure (Actuals) on the modernization(Capital Acquisition) of Armed Forces, under Defence Services Estimates (DSE), for the last five years and the current year are as under:-
(Rs. in Crore)
19. Government receives large number of suggestions on proposed mining reforms There is no proposal to make illegal mining as legal. The Mines ministry has clarified this today. Ministry of Mines had circulated the proposed reforms in the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) (MMDR) Act, 1957 with different Central Government Ministries /Departments and also to the State Government for comments / suggestions.
Further, in order to give wide publicity to the proposed reforms, as per Pre-Legislative Consultation Poli
20. MHA asks States to allow unhindered movement of persons and goods and services during Unlock-3 The Centre has asked the States that there should be no restrictions imposed on inter-State and intra-State movement of persons and goods and services during the present prevailing Unlock-3 guidelines.
In a communication to Chief Secretaries of all States today, the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has stated that it has been reported that local level restrictions on movement are being imposed by various districts/States. Such restrictions are creating problems in inter-State movement
21. Income Tax Department conducts search on premises of Chinese entities Based on the credible information that few Chinese individuals and their Indian associates were involved in money laundering and hawala transactions through series of shell entities, a search action was mounted at various premises of these Chinese entities, their close confederates and couple of bank employees.
Search action revealed that at the behest of Chinese individuals, more than 40 bank accounts were created in various dummy entities, entering into credits of more than Rs 1,000 Crore ove
23. Faceless Appeals launched by CBDT today- Honoring The Honest The Income Tax Department today launched Faceless Income Tax Appeals. Under Faceless Appeals, all Income Tax appeals will be finalised in a faceless manner under the faceless ecosystem with the exception of appeals relating to serious frauds, major tax evasion, sensitive & search matters, International tax and Black Money Act. Necessary Gazette notification has also been issued today.
It may be noted that Hon’ble PM on 13th August, 2020 while launching the Faceless Assessment and Taxp
25. Central Secretariat Manual of Office Procedure The15th edition of the Central Secretariat Manual of Office Procedure(CSMOP) 2019 released in December 2019 lays down in Table 8.1 (page 81) the specific provisions for correspondence with Members of Parliament. The Manual of 2019,lays down that communications received from Members of Parliament should be attended to promptly. Where a communication is addressed to a Minister, it should, as far as practicable replied to by the Minister himself. In other cases, a reply should normally be issued over the si
26 Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM#Jobs13 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM
NIFTEM invites online application in the prescribed format for the recruitment of the following Non-Teaching Sarkari Naukri vacancy in NIFTEM in various disciplines in the office of NIFTEM. This is Government Job in Haryana State. (Advertisement No. N/HR&/H/2020/31)
28 Canara Bank Specialist Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020 #Bank17 Days Remaining for Apply anara Bank, a leading listed Public Sector Bank having headquartered in Bengaluru (syndicate Bank is merged with Canara Bank), invites Online applications in the prescribed format for recruitment to the various government job vacancy posts in the Specialized category in JMG Scale-I and MMG Scale-II in the Specialist Officer cadre in various specialist disciplines (Advertisement No. CB/RP/2/2020).