The indigenously developed Laser Guided Anti Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) was successfully test fired today on 1st Oct 2020 defeating a target located at longer range. The test was conducted from MBT Arjun at KK ranges (ACC&S) Ahmednagar in continuation of successful trial done on 22nd Sep 2020.
The ATGM employs a tandem HEAT warhead to defeat Explosive Reactive Armour (ERA) protected armoured vehicles in ranges from 1.5 to 5 km. It has been developed with multiple-platform launch capability and is currently undergoing technical evaluation trials from 120 mm rifled gun of MBT Arjun.
This Laser Guided Missile has been developed by Armament R&D Establishment (ARDE), Pune in association with High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL), Pune and Instruments Research & Development Establishment (IRDE), Dehradun.
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh congratulated DRDO for this successful feat. Secretary DD R&D and Chairman DRDO congratulated DRDO personnel for this achievement which paves the way for Atmanirbhar Bharat pledge of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
2. KONE Elevator India once again in the list of 100 Best Companies for Women KONE Elevator India once again in the list of 100 Best Companies for Women
- This is the fifth successive time KONE Elevator India has been honoured
- Enters the 100 Best Companies for Women in India – “Hall of Fame”
Mumbai, November 25, 2020: KONE Elevator India, a fully owned subsidiary of KONE C
5. Industrial Training Institute, Berhampur files 3 Patents for COVID-19 related innovations; In an ongoing effort to use its technical expertise to help curtail the spread of COVID-19, Industrial Training Institute (ITI), Berhampur has registered three of its innovative products developed to fight against the novel Coronavirus in the patent journal, attesting its inherent strength to be able to rise to any challenge. This will give priority right to the institute over invention. Following the footsteps of IITs and NITs, ITI Berhampur has joined in the patent institute club of the country. In com
7. Union HRD Minister announces fresh examination dates of NEET and JEE Mains & Advance Union HRD Minister announces fresh examination dates of NEET and JEE Mains & Advance
In his address to the students Shri Pokhriyal said that our priority during this epidemic is to ensure safety and academic welfare of students. We will ensure that while conducting the examination, we strictly follow the guidelines given by the Ministry of Home Affairs and Health Ministry so that students are kept away from the grip of this epidemic.
The Minister said that social distancing will
9. Skilled Manpower is a must to make India a Manufacturing hub: Shri Nitin Gadkari Shri Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and Road Transport & Highways inaugurated Technology Centre set up at Bhiwadi in Alwar District of Rajasthan today via video conferencing. He said that manufacturing sector contributes around 22 to 24% in the GDP of the Country and in wake of 'Atmanirbharat Bharat’ call of the Prime Minister, he informed that we are making 15 new Technology Centres (TCs) and upgrading 18 existing TCs to create skilled manforc
10. Health Ministry to rush Central teams to UP, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, and Odisha Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has decided to deploy high level Central teams to four States of Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, and Odisha. These States are seeing a sudden surge in the number of COVID cases and some of them are also reporting high mortality.
The teams will support the State efforts towards strengthening containment, surveillance, testing and efficient clinical management of the positive cases. They shall also guide the States in effectively managing the c
11. India scales another peak: Total recoveries cross 2 million Fast on the heels of crossing 3 crore cumulative tests, India has recorded another high. Total number of recoveries has crossed 2 million today (20,37,870).
Coupled with this is another achievement of highest ever single day recoveries of 60,091 in the last 24 hours. With this high number of COVID-19 patients recovering and being discharged from the hospitals and home isolation (in case of mild and moderate cases), the Recovery Rate has scaled the twin peak of
12. One Nation One Ration Card - Journey so far and journey ahead The implementation of One Nation One Ration Card (ONORC) plan is one of the top priorities of Department of Food & Public Distribution, Government of India to provide an option to all eligible ration card holders/beneficiaries covered under NFSA to access their entitlements from anywhere in the country. Under this plan, the distribution of highly subsidized food grains is
13. Private sector participation in Space activities approved Private sector participation in Space activities approved
Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today approved far reaching reforms in the Space sector aimed at boosting private sector participation in the entire range of space activities. The decision taken is in line with the long-term vision of the Prime Minister of transforming India and making the country self-reliant and technologically advanced.
India is among a handful of countries with
14. IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad Launches Chunauti- Next Generation Start-up Challenge Contest Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad today launched “Chunauti”- Next Generation Startup Challenge Contest to further boost startups and software products with special focus on Tier-II towns of India. The government has earmarked a budget of Rs. 95.03 Crore over a period of three years for this programme. It aims to identify around 300 startups working in identified areas and provide them seed fund of upto Rs. 25 Lakh and other fac
15. WHO advises 140 tests/day/million population WHO in its Guidance Note on “Public Health Criteria to Adjust Public Health and Social Measures in the Context of COVID-19” has advised comprehensive surveillance for suspected cases. While explaining the concept of comprehensive surveillance and testing of suspect cases, WHO advises that a country needs 140 tests per day per million population.
With the various coordinated efforts made by the Centre and the States/UTs, 22 States/UTs in India are already conducting 140 and more test
16. Applications invited for the National Highway Excellence Awards 2019 Applications invited for the National Highway Excellence Awards 2019Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has invited proposals for the National Highways Excellence Awards for the year 2020. The awards are given every year in seven categories – Excellence in Project Management, Excellence in Operation and Maintenance, Green Highway, Innov
17. ARCI scientists convert tamarind waste & cotton waste to supercapacitor electrodes Tamarind seeds and cotton waste may soon be used to make low-cost supercapacitors for energy storage – thanks to the efforts of a group of Indian scientists who have used such waste biomass to develop materials for making cost-effective supercapacitor devices. This can pave the way towards affordable electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles which bank on supercapacitors significantly for their application in braking systems and start-stop cycles.
Responding to the intense hunt for supercapac
18. DRDO successfully flight tests Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully demonstrated the hypersonic air-breathing scramjet technology with the flight test of Hypersonic Technology Demonstration Vehicle (HSTDV) at 1103 hours from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Launch Complex at Wheeler Island, off the coast of Odisha today.
The hypersonic cruise vehicle was launched using a proven solid rocket motor, which took it to an altitude of 30 kilometres (km), where the aerodynamic heat shields were separated at hyper
19. Record highest single day recoveries of 56,110 registered The record highest single day recoveries at 56,110 registered in the last 24 hours are the result of the successful implementation of effective containment strategy, aggressive and comprehensive testing coupled with standardized clinical management of the critical patients based on holistic Standard of Care approach.
The coordinated efforts of the Centre and State/UT governments have resulted in continuously increasing average daily recoveries. In the first week of July the daily average recove
20. DGCA Undertakes Special Safety Audit of all Scheduled Airlines in India The DGCA is carrying out special safety audit of all the scheduled airlines in the country. For the Airports, spot inspections at 13 licensed airports have been carried out during the monsoon season by the DGCA.
Regulatory audit of scheduled airlines is carried out every two years as per the Manual of Regulatory Audit. However based on the findings during surveillances, spot checks, complaints, voluntary report and severity of occurrence, risk based audits are carried out in the form of special
21. Steps to Revive Aviation Industry amid Covid-19 Pandemic All efforts have been made to reduce the impact of the pandemic on the aviation sector. Some of the measures taken to support the aviation sector include inter-alia:
1. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, domestic air services have been restarted in a calibrated manner. Initially only one third (33%) of the summer schedule 2020 was allowed to be operated which was subsequently increased to 45% on 26 Jun 2020 and then to 60% on 02 Sep 2020.
22. QRSAM Missile System Achieves Major Milestone Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM) System has achieved a major milestone by a direct hit on to a Banshee Pilotless target aircraft at medium range & medium altitude.
The missile launch took place from ITR Chandipur on 13th Nov 2020 at 1550 hrs off the Odisha Coast. The missile is propelled by a single stage solid propellant rocket motor and uses all indigenous subsystems. The Missile is canisterised for trans
25. Recovered cases cross 5 lakhs; outnumber active cases by more than 2.31 lakhs RECOVERY RATE nearly 63% A series of pro-active, pre-emptive and coordinated measures have been taken by the Centre and the State governments for containment and prevention of COVID-19. Coupled with effective implementation of containment zones, surveillance activities, timely diagnosis and effective clinical management of COVID-19 cases, the cumulative total number of recovered cases among COVID-19 patients has crossed the 5 lakh mark today. 5,15,385 COVID-19 patients have so far been cured and discharged. The recovered c