METRO Cash & Carry opens its 28th METRO Wholesale store in India at Tumakuru, Karnataka
METRO Cash & Carry opens its 28th METRO Wholesale store in India at Tumakuru, Karnataka
· Being ‘Vocal for Local’, 99% products METRO sells are ‘Made in India’; Tumakuru store toprovide platform to several indigenous regional brands to cater to the local needs
· Storelocated at Mandipet Main Road, will create over 200 direct and indirect employment opportunities for the local economy
Mumbai, 17th October, 2020: METRO Cash & Carry, India’s largest organized wholesaler and food specialist today launched its first METRO Wholesale store at Tumakuru. The new store, which is its 28thMETRO wholesale store in India, was inaugurated by Chief GuestsShri GS Basavaraj, Member of Parliament (MP), Tumakuru Constituency, Karnataka and Shri G. B. Jyothi Ganesh, Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA), Tumakuru Constituency, Karnataka along with Manish Sabnis, Director- Offer Management, Supply Chain& Own Brands, METRO Cash & Carry India in the presence of Karnataka state Government officials, local dignitaries and key supplier partners. The new store is the seventh store for METRO in the state of Karnataka.
Spread over 24000 sq. ft., the store is strategically located at Tumakuru’s business hub- Mandipet Main Road and will cater to over 25,000 registered customer across the city which includes kiranas and traders; Hotels, Restaurants & Caterers (HoReCa); Services, Companies and Offices (SCOs) and self-employed professionals. Apart from Tumakuru district, the store will benefit business customers from neighbouring markets such as Sira, Gubi, Tiptur, Kunigal, Nitur, Madugiri, Dabaspet, Chikkanayanakahalli amongst other. The METRO wholesale store stocks a wide range of globally benchmarked quality assortment of over 4500 products in both food and non-food category. The new METRO Wholesale store will significantly contribute to the local and state economy by generating over 200 direct and indirect job opportunities.The new store is also integrated with METRO’s B2B e-commerce app to ensure a convenient shopping experience for the customers.
Reiterating METRO’s commitment to India, Mr. Manish Sabnis, Director- Offer Management, Supply Chain& Own Brands said, “Tumakuru store is a significant addition to our portfolio as it strengthens our foothold in the state of Karnataka. The launch comes amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and despite the weak economic sentiment; METRO is committed to its store format and its goal of sustainable expansion in India. As Champion for Independent Business, we have always been vocal about empowering the independent businesses, MSMEs, small traders and kiranas. The new store will boost the local supplier eco-system as it will source locally relevant food and non-food items from regional players to cater to the needs of the Tumakuru customers. As part of our expansion plan, we will continue to augment our footprints by adding more stores, improving our assortment and rolling out initiatives that will positively impact our customers’ business.”
Further commenting on METRO’s commitment to achieve the ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ visionMr. Sabnissaid, “At METRO, we firmly believe that MSMEs and small businesses are the backbone of a resilient national economy. We are committed to create a technologically advanced ecosystem and provide state-of-the-art digital solutions that will help the small retailers and the kirana eco-system to stay relevant in the competitive retail landscape. As an organisation, we are focused on transforming from a multi-specialist offline player to a B2B Omni-channel player focused on kiranas.”
The new store offers METRO’s promise of – everything under one roof, competitive pricing and uncompromising quality. Being ‘Champions for Independent Business’, METRO has always supported local businesses; 99% of products METRO sells are all locally sourced from MSMEs & local suppliers. The store is providing a platform to several indigenous regional brands such as Teju Spices; BMS confectionary range; Nilcos Coffee; Kalasa brand (Ragi Flour, Rice Flour, IdliRava; Sky Brand (steam rice); Keerthi brand (IdliRava, Ragi Flour, BansiRawa); Silver Star Brand (SonaMasoori Rice); Kalki and Amma Brand (SonaMasoori and Kolam rice) amongst others, to cater to the local consumption. The Tumakuru store will also have 200 plus varieties of rice, pulses, flours, spices, oil & grains, dry fruits and array of other commodities. The store will also offer a variety of METRO’s Own brands product that are competitively priced to provide value proposition to our customers.In addition, the store will house multitude of products in the non-food segment such as electronics, apparels, textiles, households, stationary, home improvements, footwear, luggage etc.
Apart from the wide-ranging assortment, business customers will also receive the facility of OPD; online ordering, digital payment and door-step delivery through GPS enabled trucks. Additionally, they will receive expertise and assistance from METRO’s commodity experts and a robust loyalty program designed to make buying experience more convenient and affordable.
METRO Cash & Carry anchors over 3 million customer base in India. Today, the company operates 28 wholesale distribution centres, catering to over 5000 suppliers, and has created over 14000 direct and indirect jobs across the country. METRO launched its first store in Bengaluru Karnataka in 2003 and already operates six stores in the city. Tumakuru is the first METRO Wholesale store outside Bengaluru in Karnataka for METRO India. To become a METRO Wholesale member, o register with a valid business license and photo ID proof copy by calling on 1860-266-2010 or log on towww.metro.co.in
About METRO Cash & Carry
METRO is a leading international wholesale company with food and non-food assortments that specialises on serving the needs of hotels, restaurants and caterers (HoReCa) as well as independent traders. Around the world, METRO has some 16 million customers who can choose whether to shop in one of the large-format stores, order online and collect their purchases at the store or have them delivered. METRO in addition also supports the competitiveness of entrepreneurs and own businesses with digital solutions and thereby contributes to cultural diversity in retail and hospitality. Sustainability is a key pillar of METRO’s business. The company operates 678 wholesale markets as well as Food Service Distribution business in 34 countries, and employs more than 100,000 people worldwide. In financial year 2018/19, METRO generated sales of €27.1 billion.
METRO Cash & Carry entered the Indian market in 2003. The company currently operates twenty-eight wholesale distribution centres under the brand METRO Wholesale including six in Bangalore, four in Hyderabad, two each in Mumbai and Delhi, and one each in Kolkata, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Zirakpur, Amritsar, Vijayawada, Ahmedabad, Surat, Indore, Lucknow, Meerut, Nasik and Ghaziabad. For further information, log on to www.METRO.co.in
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
2. Unacademy announces ESOPs buyback Unacademy announces ESOPs buyback ESOPs buyback on December 10, 2020, second liquidity event in company’s history
· Current and exited employees may liquidate between 25% to 100% of their vestedESOPs
Mumbai, October 15, 2020: Unacademy, India’s largest learning platform, announced it will have an ESOPs buyback on December 10, 2020 for its current and exited employees, the second s
3. Festive Cheer- agarbathi industry TO WITNESS 30% rise in Sales this Festive Season FORECASTS AIAMA Festive Cheer- agarbathi industry TO WITNESS 30% rise in Sales this Festive Season FORECASTS AIAMA
Mumbai 14 October, 2020: With the festive season setting in, All India Agarbathi Manufacturers Association (AIAMA) estimates a 30% increase in consumption. This will bring cheer to theAgarbathimanufactures, thereby helping support the lakhs of underprivileged women dependent on the industry.
4. Embassy Group forays into Senior Living Embassy Group forays into Senior Living
~ Partners with Columbia Pacific Communities, India’s largest senior living community operator ~
Mumbai, October 13, 2020: Embassy Group, India’s leading real estate developer, forays into a new asset class, senior living, to cater to senior citizens in the country. The current pandemic situation has f
5. Establishment of the Development Council for Footwear and Leather Industry The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has issued a notification, constituting Development Council for Footwear & Leather Industry (DCFLI). Shri R K Gupta will chair DCFLI for 2 years. 24 other members have also been nominated.
The Development Council for Footwear and Leather Industry has been established for the formulation and implementation of promotional and developmental measures for the growth of labour intensive footwear and leather sectors in India. To b
6. Production of Sail Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) had undertaken Modernization and Expansion of its five Integrated Steel Plants at Bhilai (Chhattisgarh), Bokaro (Jharkhand), Rourkela (Odisha), Durgapur (West Bengal), Burnpur (West Bengal) and Special Steel Plant at Salem (Tamil Nadu) to enhance its Crude Steel capacity from 12.8 Million Tonne Per Annum (MTPA) to 21.4 MTPA. The Modernization and Expansion at the above Steel Plants has been completed and various facilities are under operation, stabilization and ram
7. E-Commerce Retail Companies Representations alleging violations of extant laws by e-commerce companies, have been received. In this regard, representations received are being examined by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and certain alleged contraventions under the FDI Policy, are also being investigated against certain e-commerce retail companies under provisions of Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 by the Directorate of Enforcement. Further, several complaints against e-commerce entities, includi
8. Measures to Boost Industrial Growth Rate Industrial growth depends on a number of factors including structural, external, fiscal and industrial factors. The moderation in India’s industrial growth coincides with deceleration in growth of global output. The sudden outbreak of COVID-19 has severely impacted some of the major economies of the world. It has affected countries across the globe including some of the major players like USA, European Union, UK, and India. Both World Bank and IMF estimate contraction in global GD
10. New Initiative in Defence Sector First batch of five Rafale aircraft has been inducted and operationalised at Air Force Station Ambala. Induction ceremony was conducted on 10th September, 2020.
Short Service Commission (SSC) women officers are being considered for, and granted Permanent Commission (PC) in all branches of the IAF based on cadre vacancies, willingness, suitability, medical fitness and merit as per policies in vogue. As on 1st September, 2020, 372 women SSC officers (excluding Medical/Dental branches)
11. Modernisation of Major Ports The Government of India has taken concerted efforts in the direction of expansion and modernization of major ports of the country. Infrastructure development and capacity augmentation of major ports is an ongoing process. It involves construction of new berths and terminals, mechanization of existing berths and terminals, capital dredging for deepening of drafts for attracting large vessels in port channels, development of road and rail connectivity etc. As a result, the cargo handling capacity of
12. National Fisheries Policy (2020) Government has decided for introducing a comprehensive and integrated ‘National Fisheries Policy, 2020’ by integrating the National Policy on Marine Fisheries, 2017 (NPMF), the Draft National Inland Fisheries and Aquaculture Policy (NIFAP) and the Draft National Mariculture Policy (NMP) along with the elements of Post Harvest.
The Guidelines for regulating Coastal Aquaculture appended to the Coastal Aquaculture Authority Rules, 2005 under the Coastal Aquaculture Authority Act, 2005
13. Prices of Petrol/Diesel Prices of petrol and diesel have been made market-determined with effect from 26.06.2010 and 19.10.2014 respectively. Since then, the Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) take appropriate decision on pricing of petrol and diesel, in line with international product prices and other market conditions. The OMCs have not only increased but also decreased the prices of petrol and diesel, in line with changes in international prices and rupee dollar exchange rate.
The prices of petrol and die
14. Khadi opens Outlet in SPG Complex to Accelerate Swadeshi push Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has taken another step towards promoting “Swadeshi”; and this time by roping in the Special Protection Group (SPG) with the drive. Today, KVIC inaugurated a new Khadi India Sales Outlet within the premises of SPG Residential Complex at Dwarka in Delhi. This outlet will benefit nearly 4000 families of SPG officers and staff residing in two adjacent residential complexes in the area. SPG is the agency responsible for security of the Indian Prime Mi
15. Some of the best translation agencies in the US There are many types of business translations services. These include all type of corporations, from small businesses to large organizations, as its clients. They also include different type of documents related to document processes, such as conference presentations, contract negotiations, marketing material and client meetings, among many others.
As a result of the current economic climate, a business translation takes on special relevance for companies looki
16. FDI IN DEFENCE SECTOR In May, 2001, the Defence Industry sector, which was hitherto reserved for the public sector, was opened up to 100% for Indian private sector participation, with Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) up to 26% both subject to licensing. Further, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce & Industry vide Press Note No. 5 (2016 Series), allowed FDI under automatic route upto 49% and above 49% through government route wherever it was likely to result in access to moder
17. KVIC's Use of Paper Packaging in Online Sales Earns Public Accolades Khadi and Village Industries Commission’s (KVIC) venture into the E-Commerce industry just two months ago is using handmade paper packaging materials from day one to prevent plastic pollution that is along the Khadi’s principle of “Green Chemistry''.
KVIC is specifically using handmade paper envelopes/packets and handmade carton boxes for packaging of articles except for liquid materials where plastic wraps are nominally used to prevent an
18. ₹ 95,480 croregross GST revenue collected in September The gross GST revenue collected in the month of September, 2020 is ₹ 95,480 crore of which CGST is ₹ 17,741 crore, SGST is ₹ 23,131 crore, IGST is ₹ 47,484 crore (including ₹ 22,442 crore collected on import of goods) and Cess is ₹7,124 crore (including ₹ 788 crore collected on import of goods).
The government has settled ₹ 21,260 crore to CGST and ₹ 16,997 crore to SGST from IGST as regular settlement. The total revenue earned by Central Government and the State Governments a
19. Rules for E-Commerce Entities Under Consumer Protection Act As per the Consumer Protection (E-Commerce) Rules, 2020 notified under ConsumerProtection Act, 2019, an e-commerce entity is defined as any person who owns, operates or managesdigital or electronic facility or platform for electronic commerce, but does not include a seller offeringhis goods or services for sale on a marketplace e-commerce entity.
As per the Rule 4(1) of E-Commerce Rules, an e-commerce entity shall be a company incorporatedunder the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956) or the Compani
20. Ease of Doing Business The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) in coordination with Governments of States and Union Territories (UTs), is working on improving business regulatory environment in States and UTs. The exercise involves identifying reforms which bring Ease of Doing Business (EoDB), in consultation with the States and UTs. Once identified, these reforms are compiled into an Action Plan and shared with States and UTs for its imple
21. Home Delivery of Petrol and CNG Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) namely Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (HPCL) and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL) have informed that they have not offered home delivery of Petrol and CNG to their customers.
OMCs have informed that Home delivery of Diesel (HSD) is not offered by them. Door to Door delivery of fuel is not permitted at individual vehicles like two wheeler vehicles, three wheeler vehicles, four wheeler vehicles, c
22. Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
Mumbai- Oct 15, 2020 - Tata Elxsi, a world leading design and technology services company, is pleased to announce its selection as a 3PL certification partner for Google Widevine, to deliver secure premium content protection for Broadcast, Media, Consumer Electronics and Automotive applications.
This certification partnership further expands Tata Elxsi’s offer
23. Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2020-21 The Government of India, in consultation withthe Reserve Bank of India, has decided to issue Sovereign Gold Bonds. The Sovereign Gold Bonds will be issued in six tranches from October 2020 to March 2021as per the calendar specified below:
24. Investment in Defence through FDI Route In May, 2001, the Defence Industry sector, which was hitherto reserved for the public sector, was opened up to 100% for Indian private sector participation, with Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) up to 26% both subject to licensing. Further, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce & Industry vide Press Note No.5 (2016 Series)’, has allowed FDI under automatic route upto 49% and above 49% through government route wherever it is likely to result in access
25. The importance of translation services for companies Is your business strong in the country and you want to expand it globally? Global exposure is only possible if you prepare for it. Business communication with multiple countries requires expertise and precision. Whether you are in the public or private sector, you need professional translation services for more than one language.
What are the advantages of using translation agencies?
Better communication with customers: If your company needs to communicate
29 Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh#Faculty & Teaching67 Days Remaining for Apply Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh
Online applications on prescribed format are invited by Director, AIIMS, Rishikesh from suitable candidate for filling up 24 Group-A Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts Professor in various subjects/disciplines on direct recruitment basis in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh (Uttarakhand) (Advertisement No. 2020/105-128).
30 Assistant and Clerk Vacancy Recruitment by High Court Rajasthan 2020#Rajasthan7 Days Remaining for Apply Assistant and Clerk Vacancy Recruitment by High Court Rajasthan 2020
Rajasthan High court at Jodhpur invites online application in the prescribed format for Common Competitive Recruitment Examination 2020 for Direct Recruitment to the Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Junior Judicial Assistant, Junior Assistant, and Clerk Grade-II for Rajasthan High Court (RHC), Rajasthan State Legal Service Authority (RSLSA) and District Legal Service Authorities (DLSA), Rajasth ...
32 SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment Examination 2020#SSC5 Days Remaining for Apply SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment Examination 2020
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold a Computer Based Online Combined All India Open Recruitment Examination from 22/03/2021 to 25/03/2021 (for Computer Based Examination, Paper-I) for recruitment to the Government Job vacancy posts of Junior Engineers Group-B (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying and Contract)
34 Recruitment for Non-Faculty Vacancy in IGIMS Patna#Bihar6 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment for Non-Faculty Vacancy in IGIMS Patna
Applications are invited by the Director, Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (IGIMS), Patna (Bihar) on prescribed recruitment application proforma from Indian citizens for appointment on various Non-Teaching/Non-Faculty Para-Medical Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts at IGIMS, Patna in various departments. (Advertisement No. 08/Non-Faculty Post/Estt./GIMS/2020)
IGIMS Patna Non-Faculty Recruitment 20 ...
35 UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021#UPSC16 Days Remaining for Apply UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Shahjahan Road, Dholpur House, New Delhi – 110069 will hold a Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 (Computer Based Test) on 21/02/2021 for selection to Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination, 2021 for recruitment to following 40 Govt. Job Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Geophysicist, Chemist, and Hydrogeologists (Scientist B) in Geologica ...
42 Stenographer Recruitment Exam 2020 by SSC#SSC10 Days Remaining for Apply Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination 2020 from 29/03/2021 to 31/03/2021 for Recruitment of Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India
44 FSSAI invites application for engagingone Consultant/Young Professional (Legal)#Jobs3 Days Remaining for Apply he Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous statutory Authority set up under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 for laying down science based standards for articles of food and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import, to ensure availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption.
FSSAI proposes to fill-up positions inviting applications from self-motivated professionals to be engaged on contract basis as ...
45 Recruitment of Manager vacancy in SPMCIL 2020#Management24 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Manager vacancy in SPMCIL 2020
Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL) is looking forward to recruiting high calibre and talented professionals and invites online applications on prescribed form for the following 16 Government Job Vacancy of Assistant Manager position in various disciplines 2020. (Advertisement No. 04/2020-CP). Published at https://www.SarkariNaukriBlog.com