The changing ecological scenarios requires special attention to address the issue of ‘Sustainable Processing of Municipal Solid Waste’. This is not only a necessary component of converting waste into useful end products but also to maintain a cleaner environment and to safeguard contamination of soil, air and water.
To throw more light on the subject, Prof. (Dr.) Harish Hirani, Director, CSIR-CMERI, Durgapur, deliberated on the issue in his Keynote address at programme ‘KrishiJagran’, live-streamed on its Facebook Page on Saturday. He charted out the historical development of traditional Waste Processing Techniques and demonstrated how the present scenario demands special customized attention towards the processing of Municipal Solid Wastes.
Prof. Hirani said that “Ineffective processing of Wastes are the root of all diseases as the dumped Landfills become the Contamination Hubs for Pathogens, Bacteria and Viruses. Besides, they also become the cauldron for emission of Methane Gas, especially during the churning mechanisms deployed during Composting processes. Composting also does not yield impactful economic returns for the entrepreneurs. The mixed nature of wastes in the current scenario can easily lead to infiltration of heavy metals into agricultural produce, through the indiscriminate creation of Composts. The CSIR-CMERI developed Municipal Solid Waste Processing Facility has not only helped achieving Decentralised Decimation of Solid Wastes, but has also helped create value-added end-products from abundantly available redundant stuffs such as Dry Leaves, Dry Grass etc. The primary focus of CSIR-CMERI is to unburden the common households from the segregation responsibilities through Advanced Segregation techniques. The Bio-Digestion process adopted has minimum pollution factor. The MSW facility has been equipped with special capabilities to deal with a diverse range of waste including Masks, Sanitary Napkins, Diapers etc. The MSW facility has been with special disinfection capabilities to help Break the COVID Chain through UV-C Lights and Hot-Air Convection methods. We have also achieved optimum Energy Sufficiency in the MSW facility by adding the Solar energy technology, which can also feed the surplus Energy Supply onto a Mini-Grid.”
“Decentralised Waste Management technology developed by CSIR-CMERI can result in drastic reduction of expenditure related to Transportation Logistics and can help reductions in CO2 emissions, by reducing fossil fuel usage. The Scientifically Decentralised Waste Processing Hubs will help multiply outreach for various locations and will also boost the manufacturing potential for the residents of the region. This CSIR-CMERI MSW Technology envisions a Zero-Landfill and a Zero Waste City in addition to developing Job-Creation opportunities. This technology will also help create a revived Green Energy reliant India”.
The Institute developed Solid Waste Disposal using Plasma Arc converting wastes into plasma state for proper disposal. The residues generated having good carbon content are used in agriculture as fertilizer and non-usable are utilized to make bricks for construction purposes. Thus, it is creating wealth out of wastes through use of science. The technology pertains to the period 2013-16 and has some cost constraints. Thus, another solution provided by CSIR-CMERI which is more cost effective is Mechanized Segregation Process. The existing Windrow Composting procedure has some drawback as it requires more land space, pasteurization is required for effective disinfection, it is labour intensive and has restricted utilization due to presence of heavy metals. During the rainy season its management is difficult due to presence of moisture. The alternative solution is Bio-methanation Plant. CSIR-CMERI has started an innovative technology of producing the Biogas from grass and weeds and Vermi-composting of Slurry of the plant process. A mechanized system has been developed to utilize saw dust, shredded leaves, biogas slurry and produces briquettes. The Smokeless Stove has also been developed to utilize these briquettes. Such stoves have the benefits of Reduction in import of LPG and reduction in pollution.
Towards targeting a Zero landfill, the latest technology being used by Institute is Pyrolysis process wherein conversion of plastics into gas and fuel are done. This is an environment-friendly process and produces within permissible toxins as conversion happens in the anaerobic chamber. Heavy oil, gas being used in pyrolysis helps in obtaining self-sustainability. Through Plasma Gasification Process also eco-friendly disposal of solid wastes is processed without formation and reformation of toxic dioxins and furans. The Decentralized Solid Waste Management Plant developed by CSIR-CMERI has all the potentials to managing any contaminants available in the wastes.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
2. Instamojo closes Pre-Series C funding round from Japanese investors Base and Gunosy Capital Instamojo closes Pre-Series C funding round from Japanese investors Base and Gunosy Capital
Mumbai, 18th November, 2020: Instamojo, announced today the closing of its Pre-Series-C funding round of an undisclosed sum. This round of funding saw the participation of Japanese investors Base and existing investors such as Gunosy Capital, who participated in Series B round back in January 2019. The funds raised will be used to
3. PM Inaugurates RE-Invest 2020 Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-Invest 2020) through video conferencing. The summit is organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. The theme for RE-Invest 2020 is ‘Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition’.
The Prime Minister expressed happiness that in the renewable energy sector, within a short time the progress from megawatts to gigawatts in generation capacity and “One Sun, One Wo
6. Shripad Naik chairs e-event on two decades of the National Medicinal Plants Board Shri Shripad Yesso Naik, Minister of State (IC), for AYUSH chaired an e-event organized by the National Medicinal Plant Board on 24th November, 2020 to celebrate its Establishment Day. On this occasion, a “Status Report of NMPB 2020” and “Ayur-veg” e-book were also released.
The AYUSH Minister, Secretary (AYUSH) Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha and other members of the Board complemented NMPB for its progress, achievements and contribution made for growth and deve
7. Indian Railway launches digitised online Human Resource Management System (HRMS) Indian Railway has launched completely digitized online Human Resource Management System (HRMS). Human Resource Management System (HRMS) is a high thrust project for Indian Railways to leverage improved productivity & employee satisfaction. It is a move to improve efficiency and productivity of Railway system and a step towards realizing the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. HRMS is expected to create a big impact on th
8. KONE Elevator India once again in the list of 100 Best Companies for Women KONE Elevator India once again in the list of 100 Best Companies for Women
- This is the fifth successive time KONE Elevator India has been honoured
- Enters the 100 Best Companies for Women in India – “Hall of Fame”
Mumbai, November 25, 2020: KONE Elevator India, a fully owned subsidiary of KONE C
9. UNDP and Invest India launch the SDG Investor Map for India UNDP and Invest India have launched the SDG Investor Map for India, laying out 18 Investment Opportunities Areas (IOAs) in six critical SDG enabling sectors, that can help India push the needle forward on Sustainable Development.
“India occupies a key role in determining the success of the SDGs, globally. Invest India is pleased to have partnered with UNDP India to develop the first-ever 'SDG Investor Map for India'. This initiative is an instrumental stride in India's develop
10. Steps taken to ensure safety of healthcare and other health workers of hospitals Hospitals and dispensaries being a State subject, no data is maintained in the Union Government about Safai Karmacharis, who have died due to health and safety hazards related cleaning hospitals and medical waste during Covid-19 pandemic.
States were asked to constitute Infection Prevention and Control Committees. Hospitals were also to identify a nodal officer who will monitor the healthcare workers and review their exposure status. High risk exposures are placed under quarantine for 7 days. B
11. CBDT provides ITR Filing Compliance Check Functionality for Scheduled Commercial Banks Central Board of Direct Taxes in exercise of powers conferred under section 138(1)(a) of Income Tax Act, 1961, has issued Order inF.No. 225/136/2020/ITA.II dated 31.08.2020, for furnishing information about IT Return Filing Status to Scheduled Commercial Banks, notified vide notification No. 71/2020 dated 31.08.2020 under sub-clause (ii) of clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 138 of the Act.
13. Industrial Training Institute, Berhampur files 3 Patents for COVID-19 related innovations; In an ongoing effort to use its technical expertise to help curtail the spread of COVID-19, Industrial Training Institute (ITI), Berhampur has registered three of its innovative products developed to fight against the novel Coronavirus in the patent journal, attesting its inherent strength to be able to rise to any challenge. This will give priority right to the institute over invention. Following the footsteps of IITs and NITs, ITI Berhampur has joined in the patent institute club of the country. In com
17. 49 innovations in 5 focus areas receive Millennium Alliance Round 6 & COVID19 Innovation Challenge-Awards The Millennium Alliance Round 6 & COVID19 Innovation Challenge-Award Ceremony, which recognized 49 innovative solutions in 5 focus sectors of India, highlighted the necessity of building a highly distributed innovation ecosystem.
Announcing that DST will be soon launching a new program to have highly distributed innovation ecosystem, DST Secretary, Professor Ashutosh Sharma said that to have a startup doing innovation it is important to have networking, support, seed money, prototyping faci
18. Cabinet approves Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor Project from Palwal to Sonipat via Sohna-Manesar- Kharkhauda The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has given its approval to the Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor Project from Palwal to Sonipat via Sohna-Manesar-Kharkhauda.
This Rail Line will start from Palwal and end at existing Harsana Kalan station (On Delhi-Ambala section). This will also give connectivity enroute to existing Patli Station (On Delhi-Rewari line), Sultanpur station (On Garhi Harsaru-Farukhnagar Line) and Asaudha Station (On D
19. One Nation One Ration Card - Journey so far and journey ahead The implementation of One Nation One Ration Card (ONORC) plan is one of the top priorities of Department of Food & Public Distribution, Government of India to provide an option to all eligible ration card holders/beneficiaries covered under NFSA to access their entitlements from anywhere in the country. Under this plan, the distribution of highly subsidized food grains is
22. KVIC Appoints Design and Fashion Icon Sunil Sethi, as Advisor The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has appointed Shri Sunil Sethi, a leading personality in the Indian fashion industry, as its advisor. Sethi will advise the Commission on latest design interventions in the readymade garments segment as well as promotion of Khadi in India and abroad.
According to a statement of KVIC, Mr Sethi’s appointment is for a period of one year. Earlier, renowned fashion designer Ms Ritu Beri served as advisor to KVIC whose term expired recently.
23. Foundation Stone of World Class ‘Centre for Disability Sports’ at Gwalior Laid Today The foundation stone of ‘Centre for Disability Sports at Gwalior,Madhya Pradesh’ was laid at a function organized by DEPwD, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment through video conferencing today. Shri Narendra SinghTomar,Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Food Processing Industries, Government of India, Shri Vivek Narayan Shejwalkar, Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha), Gwalior, Bharat Singh Kushwah, Minister of State for Hortic
24. Restructured National Bamboo Mission(NBM) is being implemented in 23 States including North East States: Dr. Jitendra Singh Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh today said in a written reply in Lok Sabha that Restructured National Bamboo Mission(NBM) is being implemented in 23 States including North East States.
Under this Mission, for promotion of bamboo products, 172 processing units for value addition of Bamboo, 97 primary processing units for Management of Bamboo waste
25. NERAMAC supports farmers & producers of North East to increase their income: Dr Jitendra Singh today said North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation Limited (NERAMAC) supplies good quality seeds, planting materials, machinery and equipment to State Governments to increase the income of farmers. In a written reply to question in Lok Sabha, he said, NERAMAC conducts skill development training programme for exporters (startups) small and local entrepreneurs. NERAMAC also provides platforms to small and local entrepreneurs to market their products through various events and exhibitions
26 UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (I) 2021#UPSC2 Days Remaining for Apply The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (II), 2020 on 7th February 2021 for admission to Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, Naval Academy, Ezihimala, Air force Academy, Hyderabad, and Officers Training Academy, Chennai for the courses (Men and Women) for recruitment of following 345 Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Officers in Navy, Army, and Indian Air Force. (UPSC Advt. No. 2/2021.CDS-I)
Online application on prescribed format i ...
27 Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM#Jobs13 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM
NIFTEM invites online application in the prescribed format for the recruitment of the following Non-Teaching Sarkari Naukri vacancy in NIFTEM in various disciplines in the office of NIFTEM. This is Government Job in Haryana State. (Advertisement No. N/HR&/H/2020/31)
28 UP PSC Regional Inspector (Technical) Examination 2020#Uttar Pradesh5 Days Remaining for Apply UP PSC Regional Inspector (Technical) Examination 2020
Online applications on the prescribed format are invited by Uttar Pradesh (UP) Public Service Commission (PSC), Prayagraj for Recruitment of Government Job (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy posts of Regional Inspector (Technical) (सम्भागीय निरीक्षक (प्राविधिक)) under Regional Inspector (Technical) Examination 2020 for Transport Department of Government of Uttar Pradesh (Advt. No.: A- ...
31 Project Manager Engineer Recruitment in CDAC Mumbai 2020#Engineering10 Days Remaining for Apply The Mumbai Office of Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) invites online applications on prescribed format for Regular Sarkari Naukri vacancy positions of Information Technology (IT) Project Manager and Project Engineer on contract and on consolidated salary in CDAC Mumbai. (Advt. No. CDACM/Consal/2/2020).
CDAC Mumbai Project Manager Engineer Recruitment 2020
35 Recruitment of Engineers (Civil/Electrical) in NBCC 2020#Engineering17 Days Remaining for Apply NBCC (India) Limited invites online applications for Government Job vacancy of Engineers (Civil) and Engineers (Electrical) on a contract basis for a period of two years from dynamic and result oriented professionals who are passionate to excel & take NBCC to new heights through this Recruitment of Engineers (Civil/Electrical) in NBCC. (Advt. No. 04/2020)
NBCC Engineer Civil/Ele ...