Voice user interfaces helps the user to interact with a system via speech or voice commands. Virtual assistants including (Google Assistant, Siri, and Alexa, are examples of VUIs). The main benefit of a VUI is that it allows for a hands free technique in which users may interact with a product while focusing their attention elsewhere.
Using the similar Web design guidelines to VUIs as to graphical user interfaces is unworkable. In a VUI, there are no visual affordances; so, while looking at a VUI, users have no clear indications of what the interface might perform or what their options are.
In fact, the tools behind voice services such as Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa as well as Microsoft Cortana are growing smarter by the day. They may comprehend diverse utterances, variations in syntax as well as diverse accents as well as thanks to cloud computing they may access vast amounts of information in few seconds.
People don’t talk the way they type text
If we want to search a good mobile phone, we might type best mobile phone. In contrast, in speech with a friend, we might say something like, ‘Do you know any good mobile phone?’ or ‘What’s your favourite mobile phone?’
There’s a new pattern of commands growing, where the voice service assumes the persona of a useful assistant. We talk to them with natural speech, however not as we would to a friend.
Voice interaction represents the greatest UX challenge for designers after the development of iPhone: designers require generating a new language for voice-enabled interfaces. At the same time, the fundamental principles of UI design that designers follow when generating products with GUI are still appropriate to VUI design. For example, the significance of user control which is a basic rule of ideal GUI design is also need for VUI design.
Here are a few helpful tips for designers who will want to apply this rule:
Generate a strong error-recovery strategy. Try to design for the scenario where the voice-enabled system doesn’t understand the user command or doesn’t have an answer to it. Offer visual or audio feedback on user interaction. VUI is rapidly becoming capable as well as robust.
Avoid long sentences
Human brain has a natural limitation while we hear the system response, most of us keep in mind only the last phrase. Thus, it’s better to keep away from extensive phrases or offering several diverse options while the user may remember just a one of them at single time.
Provide help as well as assistance
The help and assistance should be offered in the context, just at the time users require this information. Well-designed contextual instruction will help users navigate, search information as well as comprehend their existing location.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://educratsweb.com/profile.php?id=195
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Establishment of the Development Council for Footwear and Leather Industry The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has issued a notification, constituting Development Council for Footwear & Leather Industry (DCFLI). Shri R K Gupta will chair DCFLI for 2 years. 24 other members have also been nominated.
The Development Council for Footwear and Leather Industry has been established for the formulation and implementation of promotional and developmental measures for the growth of labour intensive footwear and leather sectors in India. To b
2. Impact of Covid-19 on E-commerce Various restrictions were imposed to ensure social-distancing during lock down under guidelines released by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), from time to time. During this period delivery of essential goods, including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment were encouraged through e-commerce. Since, the pandemic is still ongoing, it is too early to make an assessment of the impact of the pandemic on the e-commerce sector.
E-commerce operators are liable to be registered irrespe
3. MPs Shri Arun Singh & Meenakashi Lekhi launch KVIC Innovative Project DigniTEA in Delhi To celebrate Sewa Diwas, which marks the birthday of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) distributed 6 innovative cycle-mounted Tea/Coffee Selling units under Project DigniTEA in New Delhi on Thursday. The cycle-mounted tea/coffee selling units have been distributed to 6 unemployed local youths by Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) Shri Arun Singh, and MP from New Delhi, Smt Meenakashi Lekhi in presence of KVIC Chairman Shri Vinai Kumar Saxena. These unit
4. New Initiative in Defence Sector First batch of five Rafale aircraft has been inducted and operationalised at Air Force Station Ambala. Induction ceremony was conducted on 10th September, 2020.
Short Service Commission (SSC) women officers are being considered for, and granted Permanent Commission (PC) in all branches of the IAF based on cadre vacancies, willingness, suitability, medical fitness and merit as per policies in vogue. As on 1st September, 2020, 372 women SSC officers (excluding Medical/Dental branches)
6. FDI IN DEFENCE SECTOR In May, 2001, the Defence Industry sector, which was hitherto reserved for the public sector, was opened up to 100% for Indian private sector participation, with Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) up to 26% both subject to licensing. Further, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce & Industry vide Press Note No. 5 (2016 Series), allowed FDI under automatic route upto 49% and above 49% through government route wherever it was likely to result in access to moder
7. Ease of Doing Business The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) in coordination with Governments of States and Union Territories (UTs), is working on improving business regulatory environment in States and UTs. The exercise involves identifying reforms which bring Ease of Doing Business (EoDB), in consultation with the States and UTs. Once identified, these reforms are compiled into an Action Plan and shared with States and UTs for its imple
8. KVIC's Use of Paper Packaging in Online Sales Earns Public Accolades Khadi and Village Industries Commission’s (KVIC) venture into the E-Commerce industry just two months ago is using handmade paper packaging materials from day one to prevent plastic pollution that is along the Khadi’s principle of “Green Chemistry''.
KVIC is specifically using handmade paper envelopes/packets and handmade carton boxes for packaging of articles except for liquid materials where plastic wraps are nominally used to prevent an
10. 63 AMRUT Projects worth Rs 693 Crore completed; 73 Projects worth Rs 1,875 Crore under implementation in Haryana Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) was informed that out of 136 projects taken up by the State of Haryana, 63 projects costing Rs. 693 crore have been completed and 73 projects worth Rs 1,875 crore are under implementation. The total approved State Annual Action Plan (SAAP) was Rs 2,566 crore for the state of Haryana. During an online review meeting with the senior officials of the states of Punjab, Haryana and UT of Chandigarh, Secretary MoHUA appreciated
11. Finance Minister unveils Doorstep Banking Services and declares EASE 2.0 Index Results Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman today inaugurated Doorstep Banking Services by PSBs and participated in the awards ceremony to felicitate best performing banks on EASE Banking Reforms Index.
Secretary, Department of Financial Services Shri Debasish Panda and Chairman IBA, Shri Rajnish Kumar,were also present at the virtual event.
Doorstep Banking Services by PSBs
As part of the EASE
12. India Post launches Five Star Villages Scheme to ensure 100% rural coverage of postal schemes The Department of Posts has launched a scheme called Five Star Villages, to ensure universal coverage of flagship postal schemes in rural areas of the country. The scheme seeks to bridge the gaps in public awareness and reach of postal products and services, especially in interior villages. All postal products and services will be made available and marketed and publicized at village level, under the Five Star Villages scheme. Branch offices will function as one-stop shop to cater all post office - relat
14. Are you looking for Japanese translation services? Outside of Japan and the Okinawa islands, Japan is spoken as the first language by approximately two million people: immigrants who settled in Brazil (800,000 descendants of Japanese, the number of people whose mother tongue is Japanese is unknown), other countries from South America, Hawaii (180,000) and other parts of the United States.
Another 800,000 people who speak Japanese as their native language reside outside of Japan due to a temporary change of residence for business or educational
15. Turn Up the Brand Awareness Level with Bulk SMS Service Summary: Bulk SMS can be treated as a wise lesson that when used in the proper quantified and qualitative form it empowers sales, recognition of the brand, making it more impactful by knowing the likes and dislikes of your customers well in advance.
Brand recognition plays an important part in the money-making process; that is what smart businesses do. And to support this concept there are substantial marketing tools available that make this dream come true in a matter of some
16. Indian Direct Selling Association IDSA The Indian Direct Selling Association IDSA is an autonomous, self-regulatory body for the direct selling industry in India. The Association acts as an interface between the industry and policy-making bodies of the Government facilitating the cause of Direct Selling Industry in India.
IDSA strives to create and further an environment conducive to the growth of direct selling industry in India, partnering industry and government alike through advisory and consultative activities.
17. RBI announces nine additional measures for strengthening the Economy "It is when the horizon is the darkest and human reason is beaten down to the ground that faith shines brightest and comes to our rescue."
RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das drew hope and inspiration from the 1929 statement of the Father of the Nation, as he announced yet another set of nine measures to smoothen the flow of finance and preserve financial stability in the turbulent and uncertain times ushered in by the COVID-19 pandemic. This follows the earlier sets of measures ann
18. Japanese companies invited to invest in Indian Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices industry A webinar on ‘Medical Devices and API sector: Challenges & Emerging Opportunities’ was held on 22nd May, 2020 at 11.30 am for business and trade collaboration between India and Japan in the post COVID-19 scenario. The webinar was organized by the Embassy of India, Tokyo in partnership with the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Govt. of India.
Mr. Sanjay Kumar Verma, Ambassador of India to Japan shared his valuable thoughts on the golden opp
19. Local to Global: Khadi Masks to Hit Foreign Markets The widely popular Khadi face mask is set to go “global”. The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) will now explore the possibility of exporting the Khadi cotton and silk face masks to foreign countries after the Ministry of Commerce and Industries lifted the ban on export of non-medical/ non-surgical masks of all types. A notification in this regard was issued on May 16, by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).
The move comes days after the Prime Minister Shri