Veganism is not just a temporary fashion. It is an important trend all over the world.
Brussels saves 'vegan burger' from not being able to use the 'burger' name
The meat sector is advocating that this terminology should be prohibited and, on the other hand, the large companies of the vegan industry defend it. As the vegan industry is growing more and more, it has become common for fast food restaurants to offer vegan burgers and on supermarket shelves it is increasingly common to find vegetable products that pretend to be meat. So much so that the European Parliament is working on the naming of these products. So far, the way to refer to them is to add the vegan adjective behind them. However, since Brussels they have been considering banning it. (In other news)
Finally, the European Parliament (EP) voted Friday against limiting the names "burger", "sausage", "filet", "escalope" and "burger" to meat products. Amendment No 165 has been rejected, a victory for all environmentalists and a great defeat for the meat sector. Large companies in the vegan industry also celebrate the decision.
However, the Eurochamber did adopt another amendment to prevent the use of references such as "type", "style" or "alternative" to compare non-dairy products to dairy products - for example, soya butter or almond milk - an extreme that has yet to be negotiated with the Council (countries). The COURT of Justice of the EU concluded a few years ago that we cannot talk about milk, cream, butter, cheese and yogurt for non-milk products but the amendment goes further and seeks to prevent such comparative references in order to resemble traditional dairy products.
The possibility of limiting the names of the burger and sausage to meat-made foods had led to a heated debate in recent weeks between the meat industry lobby and environmental organizations.
The terminological alternative to trademarks is also unclear. In 2017, when the CJEO delivered that judgment, the marks switched the word milk to drink or simply soya', among other denominations. However, for the meat industry the variants are more complicated to find.
Vrutal: a vegan restaurant for non-vegans in Catalonia
With just two weeks of life, this restaurant and cocktail bar already points out that it will become a new 'hot spot' in Poblenou. You look at the Maps again at the address, Rambla del Poblenou, 16. You are in the right place, even if your decoration indicates otherwise: industrial architecture, metal beams, construction materials and factory elements. As defined by Alessandra, partner, it has “brutal aesthetics”, a pun on the name of the place, Vrutal.
It is an atypical decoration for a vegan restaurant, which are usually greener and more natural. But, precisely, it is the key to Vrutal: a vegan restaurant for non-vegans. Come on, vegan food for people who hadn't even thought about leaving meat. "Here you will not care if the menu is of animal, vegetable or cosmic origin," they say on Instagram.
Although they have opened two weeks ago, it promises to be the new 'hot spot' in Poblenou. You even have to queue if you go in rush hour to try the house specialty: the cocktail and burger combo. “Each sandwich is associated with a drink”, for example, the Mexican burger goes with the 'bright & stormy' cocktail, made of mezcal, lemon and obviously Mexican flavors. And, in addition, all the dishes have "a very careful aesthetic", so that they are just as photogenic as the local.
Rudy's Vegan Butcher, the UK's First Vegan Butcher to Open on World Vegan Day
On November 1, the first completely vegan butcher shop will open its doors in London (United Kingdom) with the aim of offering more sustainable alternatives to consumers. The choice of this date coincides with the celebration of World Veganism Day, an annual event to make veganism known to the general population and convey that it is a healthy alternative that is respectful with animals and the environment.
Rudy's history begins in 2017, when all the plans of chef Matthew Foster and his partner Rudy materialized and they opened Rudy's Vegan Diner, a vegan food establishment located in Camden Market.
The new business will be located in Islington, north of the British city, and will be the first vegan butcher shop with permanent headquarters in the country. However, it will offer its products to all citizens of the United Kingdom through its website.
The establishment will sell all kinds of vegan products: hamburgers, meatballs, cheese and chili sauces without dairy or meat, pâté, lobster salad, barbecued pork, roast turkey, soy or seitan, among others.
They will also offer a selection of sausages made from plant products such as smoked ham, salami, pepperoni and their famous pastrami.
Are you open and ready to try this delicious meat alternatives?
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. MISSION SAGAR III - INS KILTAN ARRIVES AT HO CHI MINH CITY Indian Naval Ship Kiltan arrived at NhaRong Port, Ho Chi Minh City on 24 December 2020 as part of Mission Sagar-III. This Mission is part of India’s Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) assistance to Friendly Foreign Countries during the ongoing pandemic.
The ship will deliver 15 Tons of HADR Stores for the flood-affected people of Central Vietnam, which will be handed over to Vietnam’s Central Steering Committee for National Disaster Prevention and Control. This assis
2. Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Ministry of AYUSH decides to set up an AYUSH Export Promotion Council The Ministry of Commerce and Industry and the Ministry of AYUSH have decided to work together to set up an Export Promotion Council to boost AYUSH exports. This decision was taken recently in a joint review of AYUSH trade and Industry by Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Commerce and Industry and Shri Shripad Naik, Minister of AYUSH. It was also decided in the review that the entire AYUSH sector will work together to achieve price and quality competitiveness to boost AYUSH exports. The review was held throu
4. DealShare raises $21M in Series C funding led by WestBridge Capital DealShare raises $21M in Series C funding led by WestBridge Capital
~Total funding raised till date stands at $34M~
~The funding also saw participation from Alpha Wave Incubation, a venture fund managed by Falcon Edge Capital, Z3Partners and existing investors Matrix Partners India,Omidyar Network India and individual investors~
Mumbai, 8thDecember, 2020:DealShare, one of India’s fastest-growing
6. Women Executives of Delhi Police to Wear Khadi Silk Sarees Khadi’s acceptance in various government offices is quickly catching pace. The latest government agency to have adopted Khadi is the Delhi Police which is purchasing elegant Khadi Silk Sarees for its women front desk executives at its establishments.
Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has received a purchase order for 836 Khadi Silk sarees worth Rs 25 lakh from Delhi Police that will be supplied in less than two months. The dual-tone sarees will be made of high quality Tasar-K
7. Arunachal Pradesh Govt Purchases 1 Lakh Khadi Face Masks for School Children The Arunachal Pradesh government is procuring another 1 lakh tri-color Khadi face masks for its school children. As the state government prepares to re-open schools for class VIII students from January 4, 2021, it has placed a repeat purchase order for 1 lakh cotton masks. Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) will deliver the masks by December 27.
The repeat order comes just over a month after KVIC supplied 60,000 face masks to the Arunachal Pradesh government in November this year. T
9. Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) proves to be a Boon for fishermen across the country The fisheries sector has been recognized as a powerful income and employment generator as it stimulates growth of a number of subsidiary industries and is a source of cheap and nutritious food, at the same time it is an instrument of livelihood for a large section of economically backward population of the country. Fishery sector occupies an important place in the socio-economic development of the country. "Fisheries is a fast-growing sector in India, which provides nutrition and food security to a
10. Alternative independent news portals The media is how we get information on our daily basis. Unfortunately, many conventional media sources are not independent and unbiased. Common conventional media get a lot of pressure from politicians and economic powers, that´s why is important to always question everything they say.
Because of this, it is good to know that there are alternative news sites which you can access in order to read or listen an alternative viewpoint coming from independent unbiased journalis
11. FYERS launches Single Margin Account to drive trading flexibility across segments FYERS launches Single Margin Account to drive trading flexibility across segments
Mumbai, December 17, 2020: With the aim to offer a unified trading experience across segments and eliminate the cumbersome process of transferring funds between capital and commodity segments, one of the the fastest growing investment & trading platform FYERS, today, announced the launch of its Single Margin Account. The Single Margin account allows fungibility of funds,
12. English rendering of PM’s address in the 19th Episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat 2.0’ on 27.12.2020 My dear countrymen, Namaskar. Today is the 27th of December. Just four days later, 2021 is about to usher in. In a way, today’s Mann Ki Baat is the concluding Mann Ki Baat of 2020. The next Mann Ki Baat will commence in 2021. Friends, numerous letters written by you are there in front of me. The suggestions you sent on Mygov too are there. Many have expressed themselves over the phone. Most of the messages comprise experiences of the year gone by and resolutions for 2021. Anjali from Kolhapur
13. International Science Film Festival of India opens in IISF-2020 International Science Film Festival of India (ISFFI) is a major attraction of India International Science Festival 2020. This year, the ISFFI has received 634 science film entries from 60 countries. This is a vital platform to attract enthusiasts and young film-makers towards science film making and contribute in science popularization.
Speaking at the inaugural session of ISFFI, Dr. Har
15. PM Inaugurates RE-Invest 2020 Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-Invest 2020) through video conferencing. The summit is organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. The theme for RE-Invest 2020 is ‘Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition’.
The Prime Minister expressed happiness that in the renewable energy sector, within a short time the progress from megawatts to gigawatts in generation capacity and “One Sun, One Wo
18. Instamojo closes Pre-Series C funding round from Japanese investors Base and Gunosy Capital Instamojo closes Pre-Series C funding round from Japanese investors Base and Gunosy Capital
Mumbai, 18th November, 2020: Instamojo, announced today the closing of its Pre-Series-C funding round of an undisclosed sum. This round of funding saw the participation of Japanese investors Base and existing investors such as Gunosy Capital, who participated in Series B round back in January 2019. The funds raised will be used to
21. KONE Elevator India once again in the list of 100 Best Companies for Women KONE Elevator India once again in the list of 100 Best Companies for Women
- This is the fifth successive time KONE Elevator India has been honoured
- Enters the 100 Best Companies for Women in India – “Hall of Fame”
Mumbai, November 25, 2020: KONE Elevator India, a fully owned subsidiary of KONE C
22. Need for providing a comprehensive and objective account of the historical events: Vice President The Vice President, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu today stressed the need to give for providing a comprehensive, authentic and objective account of the historical events.
He was speaking after releasing the book, ‘NETAJI—India’s Independence and British Archives’ authored by Dr. Kalyan Kumar De, an associate member of the Netaji Subash Bose-INA Trust at Upa-Rashtrapati Nivas.
Observing that the book contains some interesting documents that throw light on the great cont
24. ISA to showcase state of the art, next generation technologies at the First World Solar Technology Summit next month Shri R.K. Singh,President of the ISA Assembly and Union Minister of State for Power and New & Renewable Energy (IC) and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, today shared details of the First World Solar Technology Summit being organized by ISA on a virtual platform on September 08, 2020. The objective of the event is to bring the spotlight on state-of-the-art technologies as well as next-generation technologies which will provide impetus to the efforts towards harnessing the solar energy more ef
25. WHO advises 140 tests/day/million population WHO in its Guidance Note on “Public Health Criteria to Adjust Public Health and Social Measures in the Context of COVID-19” has advised comprehensive surveillance for suspected cases. While explaining the concept of comprehensive surveillance and testing of suspect cases, WHO advises that a country needs 140 tests per day per million population.
With the various coordinated efforts made by the Centre and the States/UTs, 22 States/UTs in India are already conducting 140 and more test