Secretary, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Professor Ashutosh Sharma, highlighted that a policy on Scientific Social Responsibility (SSR) would be in place in the next few months to create new interfaces between science and society, at a webinar organised on the occasion of World Science Day.
“Connecting science to society can make S&T one of the strongest pillars for peace and development. Communication of science to society at large is a major challenge. Science needs to reach the masses so that it can be used as a major tool for peace and development,” he pointed out at the webinar on World Science Day for Peace and Development organised jointly by DST and UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization).
Underlining the importance of equity and diversity in science and technology , Professor Sharma mentioned about the ten different programmes run by the DST like CURIE (Consolidation of University Research for Innovation & Excellence in Women Universities) and Vigyan Jyoti to create a level-playing field for women to encourage and help them make inroads into the field of science, technology and innovation.
World Science Day, is celebrated on November 10. The theme this year being ‘Sciencefor and with Society’, DST jointly with UNESCO New Delhi, organized the webinar to acknowledge and embrace the essence of the theme keeping in mind the growing significance ofscience, technology and innovation in socio-economic, political and cultural spheres as the world grapples with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eric Falt, Director, UNESCO, New Delhi, speaking on occasion said, “Science has been widely discussed in 2020 due to COVID-19. Science, technology and innovation has become the key for vaccines, monitoring health and even online classes. Equal access to knowledge is fundamental for peace and development, and it is important to help science, technology and innovation reach to masses”.
Dr Sanjay Mishra, Head - KIRAN Division, DST elaborated about DST’s KIRAN programme, which helps empowering women in science. He said, “Science plays a huge role in the growth and development of society. However, women’s presence in the field of science, technology and innovation is not optimal, and our department is running various programmes for empowering women scientists. KIRAN is one among them. We hope these women-centric programmes would help increase the number of women in science, technology and innovation”.
The session was followed by a panel discussion on women in STEM, focusing on the role of women insciencein bridging the gaps betweenscientificpursuits and societal good.The speakers included Prof Rohini Godbole, Professor, Centre for High Energy Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Prof Ramakrishna Ramaswamy, Visiting Professor, Department of Chemistry, IIT Delhi, Latha Raj, Program Director & Global Technical Eminence Leader, IBM Cloud & Cognitive Software, Prof Nadira Karunaweera, President, Sri Lanka National Chapter of Organisation for Women in Science for the Developing World, Aagat Awasthi, Programme Officer, UNESCO Kathmandu Office, Nepal, Gayatri Buragohain, Founder and Executive Director Feminist Approach to Technology, India and Dr Gita Chadha, Faculty Member, Department of Sociology, University of Mumbai.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Instamojo closes Pre-Series C funding round from Japanese investors Base and Gunosy Capital Instamojo closes Pre-Series C funding round from Japanese investors Base and Gunosy Capital
Mumbai, 18th November, 2020: Instamojo, announced today the closing of its Pre-Series-C funding round of an undisclosed sum. This round of funding saw the participation of Japanese investors Base and existing investors such as Gunosy Capital, who participated in Series B round back in January 2019. The funds raised will be used to
4. ITAT organises webinar to celebrate 71st Constitution Day The Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) celebrated the 71st Constitution Day, also known as Samvidhan Divas, on 26th November, 2020 by organizing an All India Webinar. The celebrations were led by the Mr. Justice P.P. Bhatt, President, ITAT. On the occasion, Shri Anoop Kumar Mendiratta, Union Law Secretary, Shri Tushar Mehta, Solicitor General of India, Ms. Seema Khorana Patra, Member (Legislation), Central Board of Direct Taxes and other dignitaries were present. The Vice Presidents a
5. Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports restores recognition of Archery Association of India Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports has restored the government recognition to Archery Association of India as a National Sports Federation for promotion and regulation of Archery Sport in the country. The Government recognition of AAI was withdrawn eight years back on account of failure to conduct its elections in accordance with the National Sports Development Code of India, 2011 (Sports Code).Government recognition of AAI will be valid for one year.
Union Minister for Tribal Affairs
11. Shripad Naik chairs e-event on two decades of the National Medicinal Plants Board Shri Shripad Yesso Naik, Minister of State (IC), for AYUSH chaired an e-event organized by the National Medicinal Plant Board on 24th November, 2020 to celebrate its Establishment Day. On this occasion, a “Status Report of NMPB 2020” and “Ayur-veg” e-book were also released.
The AYUSH Minister, Secretary (AYUSH) Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha and other members of the Board complemented NMPB for its progress, achievements and contribution made for growth and deve
12. iOS version of the Nyaya Bandhu App and its onboarding on UMANG platform to be launched on Constitution Day Committed to fulfil its mandate of Free legal aid and Access to Justice as enunciated under Article 39A of the Constitution of India, Secretary (Department of Justice) would be launching the iOS version of the Nyaya Bandhu Application and its onboarding on UMANG platform (MeiTY), on Samvidhan Divas 26th Nov, 2020. The UMANG platform would also enable to make pan India easy accessibility of this mobile based legal service to approx 2.5 Cr registered users.Nyaya Bandhu mobile application was launched by Un
13. Indian Railway launches digitised online Human Resource Management System (HRMS) Indian Railway has launched completely digitized online Human Resource Management System (HRMS). Human Resource Management System (HRMS) is a high thrust project for Indian Railways to leverage improved productivity & employee satisfaction. It is a move to improve efficiency and productivity of Railway system and a step towards realizing the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. HRMS is expected to create a big impact on th
14. KONE Elevator India once again in the list of 100 Best Companies for Women KONE Elevator India once again in the list of 100 Best Companies for Women
- This is the fifth successive time KONE Elevator India has been honoured
- Enters the 100 Best Companies for Women in India – “Hall of Fame”
Mumbai, November 25, 2020: KONE Elevator India, a fully owned subsidiary of KONE C
17. UNDP and Invest India launch the SDG Investor Map for India UNDP and Invest India have launched the SDG Investor Map for India, laying out 18 Investment Opportunities Areas (IOAs) in six critical SDG enabling sectors, that can help India push the needle forward on Sustainable Development.
“India occupies a key role in determining the success of the SDGs, globally. Invest India is pleased to have partnered with UNDP India to develop the first-ever 'SDG Investor Map for India'. This initiative is an instrumental stride in India's develop
18. Steps taken to ensure safety of healthcare and other health workers of hospitals Hospitals and dispensaries being a State subject, no data is maintained in the Union Government about Safai Karmacharis, who have died due to health and safety hazards related cleaning hospitals and medical waste during Covid-19 pandemic.
States were asked to constitute Infection Prevention and Control Committees. Hospitals were also to identify a nodal officer who will monitor the healthcare workers and review their exposure status. High risk exposures are placed under quarantine for 7 days. B
19. National Council for Transgender Persons will assess impact of various policies with respect to transgenders The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has enacted “The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights), Act, 2019. As per Chapter VII of the Act in the National Council for Transgender Persons, along with other members, five representatives of transgender community from the State/UTs by rotation and five experts to represent Non-Governmental Organizations or associations working for the welfare of transgender persons are to be nominated by the Central Government. The Council will assess t
21. Indian Railways to start Computer Based Test for notified vacancies from 15th December 2020 Indian Railways is going to start computer based tests for notified vacancies from 15th December 2020.
Indian Railways had notified 3 types of vacancies. These were 35208 for NTPC (non technical popular categories like guards, office clerks, commercial clerks etc), 1663 for Isolated & Ministerial categories (Steno & Teaches etc) and 103769 for Level 1 vacancies (track maintainers, pointsman etc). In all RRBs had notified a total of 1.40 lakh such vacancies for NTPC categories, Level-1 P
22. International Sign Languages Day (23 September) Celebrated By DEPWD, M/O Social Justice& Empowerment ‘International Sign Languages Day’ was celebrated at a virtual function organized by the Indian Sign Language Research and Training Centre (ISLRTC), an autonomous body under DEPwD, M/o Social Justice and Empowermenthere today. United Nations has declared 23rd September as International Sign Language Day. The theme of this year is ‘Sign Languages are for everyone’ with a view to enhancing awareness about Sign language and expanding its reach to everyone.
23. Subsidies for Cotton Every year before commencement of the Cotton Season (October to September), Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India fixes the Minimum Support Price (MSP) of two varieties of seed cotton (kapas) to protect the interest of cotton farmers. While recommending MSPs, Commission on Agricultural Costs & Prices (CACP) considers important factors like cost of production, overall demand-supply conditions, domestic and international prices, inter-crop price, terms of trade between agricultural and non
24. Industrial Training Institute, Berhampur files 3 Patents for COVID-19 related innovations; In an ongoing effort to use its technical expertise to help curtail the spread of COVID-19, Industrial Training Institute (ITI), Berhampur has registered three of its innovative products developed to fight against the novel Coronavirus in the patent journal, attesting its inherent strength to be able to rise to any challenge. This will give priority right to the institute over invention. Following the footsteps of IITs and NITs, ITI Berhampur has joined in the patent institute club of the country. In com
25. Webinar Organised On Technology Aspects of Remote Voting Election Commission of India, in partnership with Tamil Nadu e-governance Agency organized a webinar on “Technology aspects of remote voting: Exploring Block chain” on 10th August 2020. The webinar brought together technologists, academicians, policy practitioners, cyber security experts from India and around the world. The initial idea for using block chain based voting solution emerged
26 Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh#Faculty & Teaching33 Days Remaining for Apply Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh
Online applications on prescribed format are invited by Director, AIIMS, Rishikesh from suitable candidate for filling up 24 Group-A Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts Professor in various subjects/disciplines on direct recruitment basis in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh (Uttarakhand) (Advertisement No. 2020/105-128).
27 Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM#Jobs13 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM
NIFTEM invites online application in the prescribed format for the recruitment of the following Non-Teaching Sarkari Naukri vacancy in NIFTEM in various disciplines in the office of NIFTEM. This is Government Job in Haryana State. (Advertisement No. N/HR&/H/2020/31)
28 Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC#SSC17 Days Remaining for Apply Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) Examination 2020 from 12/04/2020 to 17/04/2020 for Recruitment of various Group-C Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy (Tier-I) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
31 AIIMS Bhubaneswar Faculty Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Madhya Pradesh21 Days Remaining for Apply All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Bhubaneswar (Odisha), is one of the new AIIMS, invites application on prescribed format for AIIMS Bhubaneswar from eligible candidates for engagement of following Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts on a direct recruitment basis in various departments in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Bhubaneswar. (Advertisement No.AIIMS/BBSR/RECT./REG.FAC/2020/873/3406)
AIIMS Bhubaneswar Faculty Recruitment 2020
32 Project Manager Engineer Recruitment in CDAC Mumbai 2020#Engineering10 Days Remaining for Apply The Mumbai Office of Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) invites online applications on prescribed format for Regular Sarkari Naukri vacancy positions of Information Technology (IT) Project Manager and Project Engineer on contract and on consolidated salary in CDAC Mumbai. (Advt. No. CDACM/Consal/2/2020).
CDAC Mumbai Project Manager Engineer Recruitment 2020
37 Lecturer Technical Education Vacancy Recruitment by RPSC 2020#Rajasthan29 Days Remaining for Apply Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) invites Online application on prescribed format for the recruitment for the following Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy of Lecturer Technical Education for Rajasthan Technical Education Department of Rajasthan Government (Advt. No. 05/EP-I/2020-21).
Rajasthan PSC recruitment examination requires hard work, dedication, and extensive study. The d ...