The Cyclone Warning Division of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) has come out with the preliminary report on very severe cyclonic storm "NIVAR" over Bay of Bengal during 22nd - 27th November, 2020.
Salient features of the report are discussed herewith:
A low pressure area formed over Equatorial Indian Ocean (EIO) and adjoining central parts of south BoB on 21st November. It concentrated into a depression over the same region in the early hours (0230 hrs IST) of 23rd November. Moving west-northwestwards, it intensified into a deep depression in the evening of 23rd and further into the cyclonic storm “NIVAR” in the early morning (0530 hrs IST) of 24th over southwest BoB. Thereafter, it intensified into a severe cyclonic storm in the midnight (2330 hrs IST) of 24th and into a very severe cyclonic storm in the afternoon (1430 hrs IST) of 25th.
Moving northwestwards, it crossed Tamilnadu & Puducherry coasts near Puducherry (near lat. 12.1°N and long. 79.9°E) during 2330 IST of 25th to 0230 IST of 26th as a very severe cyclonic storm with estimated wind speed of 120 kmph gusting to 135 kmph.
Moving across north Tamilnadu and coastal Andhra Pradesh, it weakened into a well marked low pressure area over south coastal Andhra Pradesh and adjoining westcentral BoB in the early morning (0530 hrs IST) of 27th November.
India Meteorological Department (IMD) maintained round the clock watch over the north Indian Ocean and the cyclone was monitored since 5th November, about 16 days prior to the formation of low pressure area over equatorial Indian Ocean and adjoining central parts of south BoB on 21st November and 18 days prior to the formation of depression over central parts of south BoB on 23rd.
The cyclone was monitored with the help of available satellite observations from INSAT 3D and 3DR, SCAT SAT, polar orbiting satellites and available ships & buoy observations in the region.
The system was also monitored by Doppler Weather RADARs (DWR) Chennai, Karaikal and Sriharikota.
Various numerical weather prediction models run by Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) institutions (IMD, IITM, NCMRWF, INCOIS), global models and dynamical-statistical models were utilized to predict the genesis, track, landfall and intensity of the cyclone.
A digitized forecasting system of IMD was utilized for analysis and comparison of various models’ guidance, decision making process and warning products generation.
The landfall point forecast errors for 24, 48 and 72 hrs lead period were 25, 25 and 16 km respectively against the LPA errors (2015-19) of 44.7, 69.4 and 109.3 km during 2015-19 respectively.
The track forecast errors for 24, 48 and 72 hrs lead period were 86.1, 126.8, and 185.0 km respectively against the LPA errors (2015-19) of 80.6, 125.5, and 171.2 km respectively.
The absolute error (AE) of intensity (wind) forecast for 24, 48 and 72 hrs lead period were 4.3, 6.5 and 10.2 knots against the LPA errors of 8.9, 13.0, and 15.4 knots during 2015-19 respectively.
A total of 38 bulletins to national level disaster managers & chief secretaries of Tamilnadu, Puducherry, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, West Bengal, Odisha, Kerala and Lakshadweep.
In addition, 7 Nos. of press release, 6 bulletins from Director General of Meteorology to senior Government Officers, 13 bulletins for civil aviation, regular media briefings and joint press conference addressed by DGM IMD and DG NDRF on 24th.
Warnings were also uploaded on all social networking sites including facebook, tweeter, whatsapp etc. frequently and sms were also sent to registered users on RSMC website, national level disaster managers and chief secretaries of concerned states.
Hourly bulletins were also issued 12 hours prior to landfall.
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Seasonal Outlook for the Temperatures during December 2020 to February, 2021 According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD):
During the upcoming winter season (December to February), below normal minimumtemperatures are likely over most subdivisions of north, northwest, central and fewsubdivisions over east India.
Since 2016, India Meteorological Department (IMD), Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) has beenissuing seasonal forecast outlooks for subdivision scale
2. IMD issued regular advisories w.r.t. heavy rainfall and strong winds in association with the system The Cyclone Warning Division of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) has come out with the preliminary report on very severe cyclonic storm "NIVAR" over Bay of Bengal during 22nd - 27th November, 2020.
Salient features of the report are discussed herewith:
A low pressure area formed over Equatorial Indian Ocean (EIO) and adjoining central parts of south BoB on 21st November. It concentrated into a depression over the same region in
4. Hardeep S Puri launches Climate Smart Cities Assessment Framework (CSCAF 2.0) and Streets for People Challenge Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs (I/C) has launched the Climate Smart Cities Assessment Framework (CSCAF) 2.0, along with the ‘Streets for People Challenge’ in a virtual event organized by the Smart Cities Mission, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), here today. The objective of CSCAF is to provide a clear roadmap for cities towards combating Climate Change while planning and implementing their actions, including investments. In the last deca
5. Loss due to Floods Floods are natural calamity that the country faces almost every year, in varying degrees of magnitude, leading to a loss of lives and property. The occurrence of floods can be attributed to various factors, including wide variations in rainfall both in time and space with frequent departures from the normal pattern, inadequate carrying capacities of rivers, river bank erosion and silting of river beds, landslides, poor natural drainage in flood prone areas, snowmelt and glacial lake out-bursts. The schem
7. GRAND ICT CHALLENGE for Smart supply measurement and monitoring system under Jal Jeevan Mission National Jal Jeevan Mission in partnership with Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MEITY) has launched an ICT Grand Challenge to create innovative, modular, and cost-effective solution to develop a ‘Smart Water Supply Measurement and Monitoring System’ to be deployed at the village level. The ICT grand challenge will be inviting proposal from Indian Tech start-ups,
8. 100% Source Segregation & Waste Processing should be Focussed– Durga Shanker Mishra Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), during his interaction with the Chief Secretary/Principal Secretary/ senior officials of the States of Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand has emphasized that 100% source segregation and waste processing should be the focus and home composting encouraged by the States. He also said that sustainable models of C&D waste should be installed. He was chairing a meeting to review the progress of Urban Missions, namely, Swac
9. Salient Features of Monsoon 2020 The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued the following information on India Monsoon 2020:
Ø Quantitatively, the 2020 All India monsoon seasonal rainfall during 1 June to 30 September 2020 has been 95.8 cm against the long period average of 88.0 cm based on data of 1961-2010 (109% of its Long Period Average (LPA)).
Ø Considering the recent years since 1990, the all India seasonal rainfall this year was third highest, after 112% of LPA in 1994
10. Krishna-Godavari (KG) basin, an excellent source of fuel methane As the world runs out of fossil fuels and looks out for alternate sources of clean energy, there is good news from the Krishna-Godavari (KG) basin. The methane hydrate deposit in this basin is a rich source that will ensure adequate supplies of methane, a natural gas.
Methane is a clean and economical fuel. It is estimated that one cubic meter of methane hydrate contains 160-180 cubic meters of methane. Even the lowest estimate of methane present in the methane hydrates in KG Basin is twice tha
11. Withdrawal of southwest monsoon from some parts of northwest India today, the 28th September, 2020 According to the National Weather Forecasting Centre of the India Meteorological Department:
In view of the establishment of an anti-cyclonic circulation in the lower tropospheric levels over western parts of northwest India and substantial reduction in moisture content & rainfall, the southwest monsoon has withdrawn from some parts of west Rajasthan and Punjab today, the 28th September, 2020 against its normal date of 17th September.
14. Enhanced rainfall activity over Peninsular India, East andNortheast India during 19th-23rd September, 2020 According to the National Weather Forecasting Centre/Regional Meteorological Centre, New Delhi of the India Meteorological Department (IMD):
A) Weather Systems:
· A Low Pressure Area is very likely over Northeast Bay of Bengal by tomorrow, the
20th September, 2020. It is likely to become more marked over Northwest Bayof Bengal during subsequent 24 hours.
· Strengthening of lower level winds and its convergence along the west coast is
15. Low Pressure area over north Andaman Sea & adjoining east central Bay of Bengal According to the Cyclone Warning Division of the India Meteorological Department (IMD):
A Low Pressure area has formed over north Andaman Sea and neighbourhood in the early morning of today the 09th October 2020. It lay over north Andaman Sea and adjoining east central Bay of Bengal in the morning (0830 hrs IST) of today, the 09th October 2020. It is very likely to move west-northwestwards & intensify into a Depression over central Bay of Bengal by tomorrow
16. Amphan Cyclone Relief Fund Amphan Cyclone Relief Fund
The horrifying cyclone Amphan has wreaked havoc all across West Bengal. Numerous people have been affected by it. A catastrophe of this scale has never been witnessed before. Each one of us must come forward and work shoulder to shoulder to save the state from this situation. With the aim to rise above this crisis, state government has set up a special relief fund. Support your government by donating money to this fund.
18 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs16 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...
19 Maha Metro Pune Project Job Vacancy Recruitment 2020-21 #Jobs1 Days Remaining for Apply Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MAHA-Metro) invites applications from Indian Nationals for the Recruitment of following Supervisory and Non-Supervisory Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts for Operation and Maintenance (O & M) department of Pune Metro Rail Project on regular basis. (Advertisement No. MAHA-Metro/P/HR/O &M/06(S-NS)/2020/).
22 Manager Job Vacancy Recruitment in NPS Trust 2021 #Jobs9 Days Remaining for Apply National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust) invites online applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian citizens for recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Officer Grade B (Manager) and Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) across different streams on direct recruitment basis. (Advertisement No. 2/2020-21)
NPS Trust Manager Jobs Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
23 Scientist and Driver Recruitment in NBRI Lucknow 2020-21#Jobs38 Days Remaining for Apply CSIR- National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI), Lucknow, a premier plant science research institute under CSIR. CSIR-NBRI invites applications in the prescribed recruitment form from enthusiastic, innovative and young Indian researchers having an excellent academic record and proven scientific achievements for Recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancies of Scientists and Vehicle Driver Job Vacancies in CSIR CBRI. (Advertisement No. 02/2020)
CSIR NBRI Scientist and ...
24 IBPS IT Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 2021 #Bank19 Days Remaining for Apply Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS), an autonomous body, has been authorised by the IBA, invites online applications in the prescribed format from eligible candidates for selection of personnel to the following Information Technology (IT) Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts in IBPS.
IBPS IT Jobs Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Analyst Programmer - Windows: 01 vacancies
Analyst Programmer - Frontend: 02 vacancies
25 Vidhi Rachanakar Vacancy Recruitment by RPSC 2021#Rajasthan27 Days Remaining for Apply Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) invites Online application in the prescribed format for the recruitment for the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy of Vidhi Rachanakar (विधि रचनाकार) for Rajasthan Law and Legal Affairs Department of Rajasthan Government (Advt. No. 07/EP-I/2020-21).
Rajasthan PSC recruitment examination requires hard work, dedication, and extensive study. The details of RPSC Vidhi Rachanakar Vacancy Recruitment 2021 are given below. ...
26 Recruitment of Regular Job Vacancies in IRCON International 2021#Jobs9 Days Remaining for Apply IRCON International Limited, A Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways invites online applications on prescribed format for the recruitment for the following regular Government Job vacancy posts in the disciplines of Civil, Electrical, Finance and Legal disciplines at Ircon's various projects situated in various states across India. (Advertisement No. 07/2020).
Ircon International regular job vacancy 2021
IRCON Regular Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancie ...
27 Recruitment for Regular and Fixed Job vacancy in HIL India Limited 2021#Jobs16 Days Remaining for Apply HIL (India) Limited (Formerly known as Hindustan Insecticides Limited), a Govt. of India Enterprise, under the Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, invites application in the prescribed format for the recruitment of following Sarkari Naukri job vacancy posts on a Regular and Fixed Tenure basis for the year 2021.
HIL India Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Finance Manager: 02 vacancies in E-4 cadre on a r ...
28 Recruitment of Faculty & non-Teaching Vacancy in IIT Tirupati 2021#Jobs9 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh) invites online applications in the prescribed format from candidates with an established record of independent high-quality research and commitment to teaching for regular Faculty Sarkari Naukri Vacancy positions of Professor, Associate Professors, and Assistant Professor and regular non-teaching staff vacancies. (Advertisement No. IITT/FAC – RMT-01/2020 & IITTP/Staff RMT-01/2020)
Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment IIT Tirup ...
29 Direct Recruitment Job Vacancy in National Book Trust 2021#Jobs25 Days Remaining for Apply The National Book Trust (NBT) is an apex professional body established by the Government of India, invites application in the prescribed format from eligible candidates for recruitment and filling up the following Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts on direct recruitment basis for its head office at New Delhi and regional offices at Bengaluru, Mumbai and Kolkata (Advertisement No.Estt./43/2020).
National Book Trust Regular Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
31 Various Jobs in Jammu & Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission#Jammu and Kashmir1 Days Remaining for Apply SIDS (human resource agency), invites online applications on fast track basis from domiciles of UT Jammu & Kashmir for their selection in Jammu & Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission on contract basis, for the following Positions:
The Jammu and Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission (JKRLM) is the implementing agency for Deen Dayal Antodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) and registered under J& ...
33 Recruitment for Job Vacancy in National Education Society for Tribal Students 2021#Jobs15 Days Remaining for Apply National Education Society for Tribal Students (NESTS), an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA), Government of India (GoI) invites online applications in the prescribed format from all eligible candidates for recruitment of various Government Job vacancies in Group-B and Group-C Jobs Categories on regular basis in NESTS for which the recruitment examination will be conducted through Computer Based Test/Examination. (Advertisement No. 01)
NESTS Jobs Recruitmen ...