Know about Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the "natural" or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Other forms of search engine marketing (SEM) target paid listings. In general, the earlier (or higher on the page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a website web presence.
Here are some steps through which you can generate traffic for your website:
1. Prepare sitemap in xml and also prepare Rss (really simply syndication) for your website. Use www.xml-sitemaps.com
2. Set up your website in Google webmaster tool and regularly check the stats of your website.
3. Visit www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
4. Generate Back links by writing about your website on blog, forum, Blog comment or website comment box. You must mention your website URL.
5. Spread your website through social messenger site like facebook, orkut. Prepapre community or facebook page for your website.
6. Use Technorati, friendfeed and other social site.
7. User reach your contents so provide the delivery of your contents through email, Rss feed. Use feedburner or other similar website. Visit www. feedburner.google.com/
8. Include your website in directory.
9. Include your website in search engine site. Maximum traffic you can earn through Google, yahoo, Bing, Msn and other search engine.