When searching for work opportunities, job seekers are often confronted by a number of dilemmas, be it choosing the right job role, or facing an interview, or negotiating for a higher salary, among other concerns. In fact, the entire process of job search can be a nerve-wracking one, especially without any guidance or support.
In a bid to combat these uncertainties, job seekers often turn to various sources of information, such as social media, or online videos and podcasts that address their concerns. A survey by Indeed in India among millennials finds that while less than 20% of job seekers rely on online sources for assistance in job search, 46% of job seekers, in fact, depend on advice from their friends to curb the apprehensions that come with job search.
In order to address these apprehensions that job seekers face through the entire span of their career, from doubts that arise during the hiring process, to negotiating at the workplace, Indeed, the world’s no. 1 job site, has launched ‘Career Guide’ in India, where job seekers can find all that they need to know about jobs and careers in one place – based on everything we’ve learnt about helping people get jobs.
In keeping with its mission of helping people get jobs, Indeed’s Career Guide is a repository of information on all facets of the job search process, ranging from how to choose a career, to how to ace interview questions, to negotiating salaries, among other topics, that is available completely free of cost to job seekers. Through various articles and videos categorized as per the different stages in a candidate’s journey while seeking a job, Career Guide seeks to empower job seekers and help them get their dream job.
To illustrate, here is an article from Indeed Career Guide that offers tips on how to ideate, craft and deliver an effective professional introduction, through a commonly used tool – the elevator pitch. The piece takes a detailed approach, beginning with explaining what an elevator pitch is, and the advantages it offers in setting expectations and communicating what one has to offer; followed by a step-by-step technique on creating your own personal elevator pitch. This is further supplemented by multiple examples set to different contexts, such as job interviews, seeking mentorship, networking, and so on.
Whether one is seeking better prospects or looking for an entirely new avenue of work, the process of job search remains highly personal and must be customised to meet individual requirements. Given that job seekers today search for jobs two to three times a week, and spend anything from 30 minutes to an hour a day on the same, it is essential that the process be personalised to ensure accuracy in job matching. With helpful tips on how to tailor resumes to fit job descriptions, interview techniques, and so on, the Career Guide aims to cater to specific job seeker concerns that arise during the job search process.
Sashi Kumar, Managing Director, Indeed India, said, “Embarking on a new career, or navigating the professional landscape can often be daunting, especially when there is no one to assuage your fears. Understanding job seeker needs during various phases at work, we seek to provide a one-stop solution for career development and job search advice for the Indian job seeker.”
At present, the guide provides advice on finding a job, succeeding at interviews, creating resumes, creating cover letters, and succeeding at work. The guide can be accessed by job seekers through the URL https://www.indeed.co.in/career-advice on both mobile and desktop devices.
Read more https://www.exchange4media.com/digital-news/indeed-launches-career-guide-in-india-96719.html
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Employment Opportunities in Textile Sector Textile Sector in India provides largest source of employment in the country with over 4.5 crore people employed directly and another 6 crores people in allied sector including large number of women and rural population through various schemes and public programmes such as:-
Amended Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme is being implemented to upgrade technology/machineries of textile industry with an outlay of Rs.17,822 crore during 2016-2022 which will attract investment
2. 2200 Home-based, Remote NGO, UN Jobs 2200 Home-based, Remote NGO, UN Jobs
Programme Co-Ordinator - Labour And Habitat
Youth For Unity And Voluntary Action (Yuva)
Location: Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
Apply by: 14 Oct 2020
Location: Ramgarh, Jharkhand
Apply by: 20 Oct 2020
3. IIM Shillong Rolling Faculty Recruitment 2020 Vacancies Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Shillong, Meghalaya invites online applications in the prescribed format for filling up vacancies (for all category of candidates) for Faculty Positions as Professor, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors in the various subjects/discipline through its Rolling Faculty Vacancy Recruitment 2020 in IIM Shillong process. (Advertisement No. IIM/Admn/118/13/2020/830)-
4. Women showing an impressive show in PCS exams Prayagraj: Last week, the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) declared the final result of Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Exam (2018), commonly known as PCS. The results showed that besides being the first time that all the three toppers were female candidates, over one fourth of the total posts were bagged by candidates of the fair sex.
5. Farming and Non-Farming Jobs in Rural Areas Government of India is supporting State Government in expansion of livelihood and employment opportunities in the rural areas through a multitude of interventions which included interventions in the farm and allied sectors, non-farm including small and cottage industries sector and service sector besides social sectors. The programs that directly address creation of livelihood and employment under the Ministry of Rural Development includes DeendayalAntyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihood Mission (DA
6. Best Self Employment Ideas To Start Making Money On Your Own The 9-5 schedule may not suit everybody. Many of you must have thought of being self-employed at one point in life. Starting your own business is not easy. It has its pros and cons. However, the pros outweigh the cons when you have a great idea and are willing to work hard for it. It can be a very rewarding experience to be self-employed. All you have to do is play to your strengths and be well aware of your weaknesses. Let’s read more about different kinds of self-employment ideas that can help yo
7. Women Pilots in IAF The strength of women officers serving the Indian Air Force (IAF) as on 01 September, 2020 is 1875 (One Thousand Eight Hundred Seventy-Five). Of these, 10 women officers are Fighter Pilots and 18 women officers are Navigators.
Ministry has received any proposal from IAF to induct women officers as fighter pilots. After approval of Ministry of Defence, IAF commenced a Scheme for “Induction of Women SSC officers in Fighter Stream of Flying Branch” in 2016, under which 10 (
9. Various Jobs in ndma.gov.in Various Jobs in ndma.gov.in
Date of Advertisement
Last Date for applying
Advertisement for filling up post of two positions of Consultants on contract basis in NDMA. Details.
10. Indian NGO, Aid, UN jobs on devnetjobsindia Health Economist
Centre for Health Policy(CHP),Asian Development Research Institute(ADRI)
Location: Patna, Bihar
Apply by: 10 Oct 2020
Research & Learning Specialist
New Education Group - Foundation for Innovation and Research in Education (NEG-FIRE)
11. Born in India, adopted by the world - Yoga Born in India, adopted by the world - Yoga
Yoga is the 5000-year-old secret Indian science designed to make one experience the deepest Self and the Cosmic Consciousness. Moreover, it will help you to stay healthy and keep up with the challenges posed by the modern and urban world. It can be defined as a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines, which originated in ancien
13. Recruitment of Ayurvedic Medical Officers in AIIMS AIIMS Bhubaneswar has conducted recruitment for Ayurvedic Medical Officers in which 01 post of Senior Medical Officer (Ayurveda) and 02 posts of Medical Officer (Ayurveda) were advertised against which 01 post of Senior Medical Officer (Ayurveda) and 02 posts of Medical Officer (Ayurveda) were filled up. However, one candidate resigned from the post of Medical Officer (Ayurveda) and current filled up position stands at 01 post of Senior Medical Officer (Ayurveda) and 01 post of Medical Officer (Ayu
14. IGNOU to allow provisional admission for July 2020 session without qualifying exam result IGNOU July 2020 admissions: Provisional admissions allowed this year
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) on Saturday released a press statement announcing that it will allow provisional admission to the applicants of July session 2020 without producing the results of qualifying examinations, this year. This has been done keeping in mind the Covid-19 pandemic situations due to which several educational institutions in the country are affected and hence the declaration of th
15. Digital Skills to Jobless People Digital Skills are crucial in the post Covid era to ensure skilling for the youth and also to address the requirements of Industrial Revolution 4. Directorate General of Training (DGT), under the Ministry plays a key role in the implementation of long term training schemes including training in the latest cutting edge technologies. DGT has entered into an MOU with IBM in June 2020 for Free Digital Learning Platform “Skills Build Reignite” to reach more Job Seekers and provid
16. 2200 Home-based, Remote NGO, UN Jobs Grant Manager
Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives (APPI)
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Apply by: 11 Nov 2020
Medical Officer (MBBS) , Dermatologist (MD/ DVD)
The Leprosy Mission Trust India
Location: Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh
Apply by: 09 Nov 2020
17. KVIC Creates 1500 Employment in 10 Cities to Celebrate Sewa Diwas Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) extended the benefits of various employment generation schemes to nearly 1500 persons in 10 Indian cities to celebrate “Sewa Diwas” on Thursday which marks the birthday of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. From Arunachal Pradesh on the North Eastern Frontier to Bikaner on the Western Border and from Chandigarh and New Delhi in the North to Madurai and Coimbatore down South, KVIC organized 14 programs to expand the ambit of its welfare projec
18. Indian NGO, Aid, UN jobs on devnetjobsindia Indian NGO, Aid, UN jobs on devnetjobsindia
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Apply by: 08 Oct 2020
Residential Female & Male Social Worker
19. West Bengal Freeship Scheme West Bengal Freeship Scheme
The West Bengal Free ship Scheme (WBFS) has been introduced from the year 2011. WBFS is for the under Graduate students level in Engineering & Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture programmes conducted by the self financing private Engineering and Technical Institutions of the State. The waiver is limited to the tuition fee for all the institutions concerned. All other fees except tuition fees will have to be
23. Government Approves National Recruitment Agency Government Approves National Recruitment Agency
As we have already informed visitors of this blog about a proposal by the Central Government for Common Eligibility Test (CET) for Non-Gazetted vacancy posts. This proposal was formally announced b
24. Cancel NEET, JEE Main 2020 entrance exams, urges Manish Sisodia Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Saturday appealed to the central government to cancel medical and engineering entrance exams JEE and NEET in view of the Covid-19 situation.
He also said that an alternative admission methodology should be used this year and the exams should not be conducted.
On Friday, Education Ministry officials had said the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) and the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG) will be conducted in Septe
25. What is NLAT 2020? How do I Apply for NLSIU Bangalore? What is NLAT 2020? How do I Apply for NLSIU Bangalore?http://educratsweb.com/users/images/3798-contents.pngThe National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore will not accept the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) scores this academic year and will instead conduct its own National Law Aptitude Test (NLAT) for admissions to undergraduate and postgr
29 Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh#Faculty & Teaching65 Days Remaining for Apply Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh
Online applications on prescribed format are invited by Director, AIIMS, Rishikesh from suitable candidate for filling up 24 Group-A Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts Professor in various subjects/disciplines on direct recruitment basis in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh (Uttarakhand) (Advertisement No. 2020/105-128).
30 Assistant and Clerk Vacancy Recruitment by High Court Rajasthan 2020#Rajasthan5 Days Remaining for Apply Assistant and Clerk Vacancy Recruitment by High Court Rajasthan 2020
Rajasthan High court at Jodhpur invites online application in the prescribed format for Common Competitive Recruitment Examination 2020 for Direct Recruitment to the Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Junior Judicial Assistant, Junior Assistant, and Clerk Grade-II for Rajasthan High Court (RHC), Rajasthan State Legal Service Authority (RSLSA) and District Legal Service Authorities (DLSA), Rajasth ...
32 SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment Examination 2020#SSC3 Days Remaining for Apply SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment Examination 2020
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold a Computer Based Online Combined All India Open Recruitment Examination from 22/03/2021 to 25/03/2021 (for Computer Based Examination, Paper-I) for recruitment to the Government Job vacancy posts of Junior Engineers Group-B (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying and Contract)
34 Recruitment for Non-Faculty Vacancy in IGIMS Patna#Bihar4 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment for Non-Faculty Vacancy in IGIMS Patna
Applications are invited by the Director, Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (IGIMS), Patna (Bihar) on prescribed recruitment application proforma from Indian citizens for appointment on various Non-Teaching/Non-Faculty Para-Medical Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts at IGIMS, Patna in various departments. (Advertisement No. 08/Non-Faculty Post/Estt./GIMS/2020)
IGIMS Patna Non-Faculty Recruitment 20 ...
35 UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021#UPSC14 Days Remaining for Apply UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Shahjahan Road, Dholpur House, New Delhi – 110069 will hold a Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 (Computer Based Test) on 21/02/2021 for selection to Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination, 2021 for recruitment to following 40 Govt. Job Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Geophysicist, Chemist, and Hydrogeologists (Scientist B) in Geologica ...
42 Stenographer Recruitment Exam 2020 by SSC#SSC8 Days Remaining for Apply Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination 2020 from 29/03/2021 to 31/03/2021 for Recruitment of Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India
44 FSSAI invites application for engagingone Consultant/Young Professional (Legal)#Jobs1 Days Remaining for Apply he Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous statutory Authority set up under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 for laying down science based standards for articles of food and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import, to ensure availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption.
FSSAI proposes to fill-up positions inviting applications from self-motivated professionals to be engaged on contract basis as ...
45 Recruitment of Manager vacancy in SPMCIL 2020#Management22 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Manager vacancy in SPMCIL 2020
Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL) is looking forward to recruiting high calibre and talented professionals and invites online applications on prescribed form for the following 16 Government Job Vacancy of Assistant Manager position in various disciplines 2020. (Advertisement No. 04/2020-CP). Published at https://www.SarkariNaukriBlog.com