The Scheme of Upgradation of Merit of SC Students was started in 1987-88 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (Department of Education) and was later transferred to Ministry of Welfare during 1993-94.
The objective of the Scheme is to upgrade the merit of SC students by providing them remedial and special coaching in classes IX to XII. While the remedial coaching aims at removing deficiencies in various subjects, the special coaching is provided with a view to prepare the students for competitive examinations for seeking entry into professional courses like engineering and medical disciplines.
The Scheme provides for 100% central assistance to the States/UT's. A package grant of Rs.25,000/- per student per year is provided and the States/UT's are not required to bear any financial burden. The students with disabilities amongst SCs, receive specified special allowances like readers allowance, transport allowance, escorts allowance etc. The details of financial assistance given under are given below:
A package grant of Rs.25,000 per student per year with the following break-up:
Rs.15,000 per student per year as under:
Boarding & lodging charges @ Rs 900 per month for 10 months =Rs.9,000 (This component would be payable to the students studying in residential schools only)
Pocket money @ Rs.300 for 10 months=Rs.3,000
Books and Stationery Rs.3,000
Rs.10,000 per year per student for honorarium to Principal, Experts and other incidental charges
Besides the amount of scholarship, students with disabilities would also be eligible for the following assistance:
Reader Allowance of Rs.200 per month for blind students in classes IX to XII.
Transport allowance of Rs.100 per month for the disabled students if such a student does not reside in the hostel, which is within the premises of educational institution. Special pay of Rs.200 per month be admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped students residing in a hostel managed by the educational or by the State Government/Union Territory Admn. who may need the assistance of a helper.
Escort allowance of Rs.100 per month for severely handicapped day scholar students with lower extremity disability.
Allowance of Rs.200 per month towards extra coaching to mentally retarded and mentally ill students in classes IX to XII.
Income Ceiling: Rs. 3.00 Lakh per annum
Coverage: Maximum 2050 fresh students will be covered under the Scheme annually. The coaching should start at class IX level and continue till a student completes class XII. The Scheme is presently implemented in 19 States/UTs.
Preference to Girls Students: Allocated awards may be used by States/UTs for boys and girls students in the ratio of 50:50. However, unutilised awards by girls may be used by boys and vice-versa.
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research Component Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research Component
Scheme of Scholarship and Fellowship for Promotion of Art and Culture
Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research Component
Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research Component
5. Stipend to Apprenticeship The minimum rate of stipend payable to all categories of apprentices including trade apprentices have been revised and notified in Extra Ordinary Gazette of India dated 25th September, 2019. The minimum stipend is based on educational and technical qualification requirement, prescribed in curricula of respective trades. The Apprenticeship Rule, 1992 as amended upto September 2019 prescribes that during the 2nd year of apprenticeship training, there shall be an increase of 10 per cent in the prescribed mi
6. Overseas Scholarships for SCS, OBCS, EBCS and Weaker Sections Government of India has been implementing following two schemes for Overseas studies:
1. National Overseas Scholarship for SC etc. candidates under which financial assistance is provided to the selected students from Scheduled Castes, Denotified Nomadics & Semi - Nomadic Tribes, Landless agricultural labourers and traditional artisans categories for pursuing higher studies at Masters level courses and Ph.D. abroad. Hundred awards, subject to availability of funds, per year are available und
9. ATSE 2020 is the national level talent search cum scholarship exam for students from class 5th to 12th ATSE 2020
Scholarships worth 15 Lac
India's first center-less exam!
ATSE 2020 is the national level talent search cum scholarship exam for students from class 5th to 12th. The goal of this exam is to identify hidden talent in the nation, motivate, and financially support them. It is a unique exam because students can take it from anywhere. ATSE is India’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI) based exam which allows students to sit at home and take the exam at their conve
10. Maharashtra Scholarship Result 2020: MSCE releases Interim Result for 5th, 8th on puppss.mscescholarship.in Maharashtra State Council of Examination, MSCE has announced the interim results for the Maharashtra Scholarship Examinations 2020. The MSCE Maharashtra Scholarship Examination for Pre-Upper Primary – Class 5 and Pre Secondary - Class 8 has been released on the official website puppss.mscescholashipexam.in. Direct link and steps to check are provided below.
The Pre Upper Primary Scholarship Exam or PUP and Pre Secondary Scholarship Exam or PSS were conducted in February 2020. The answer k
13. Actor Sonu Sood Announces Scholarships For Less-Privileged Students Actor Sonu Sood Announces Scholarships For Less-Privileged Students
Actor Sonu Sood announced full scholarships to less-privileged students for higher education after her late mother’s name on Saturday.
Sonu posted a photo of himself on Instagram, pledging support to complete college education of students. He wrote, &ldqu
14. CENTRAL SECTOR SCHEME NATIONAL MEANS-CUM-MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME CENTRAL SECTOR SCHEME NATIONAL MEANS-CUM-MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
1.0 The Scheme:
Under this scheme, 100,000 scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum from all sources. Each State /UT have fixed quota of scholarship as given at Annexure of concerned age group of class VII an
16. 10 Money Saving Tricks for Students It doesn't matter if you are a senior or a sophomore in college, managing your money will be among your topmost priorities. Sure, college life isn't all about the bells and whistles, as the vast majority of students are already under pressure from debts and related expenses. Pair that with the fact that education itself is a significant source of stress, and you have a concoction that promotes mismanagement and increases to your troubles. Allocating money towards expenses such as accommodation, f
18. Schemes for Economic Development
i) Entrepreneurial Schemes of NBCFDC Eligibility
Members of Backward Classes having annual family income less than double the poverty line (i.e. Rs.81,000/- in rural areas and Rs.1,03,000/- in urban areas) are eligible to obtain loan from NBCFDC.
Term Loan/Micro Finance Scheme
a. New Swarnima for
19. अल्पसंख्यक छात्रवृत्ति योजना अल्पसंख्यक छात्रवृत्ति योजना के अंतर्गत सरकार द्वारा 11 जून 2019 को फैसला लिया गया कि देश के अल्पसंख्यक समुदाय के 5 करोड़ छात्र तथा छात्राओं को अच्छी, गुणवत्ता शिक्षा प्राप्त करने के लिए अगले
21. National Fellowship (NF) for OBC Students National Fellowship (NF) for OBC Students
The scheme aims at providing financial assistance to the OBC students in obtaining quality higher education leading to degrees such as M.Phil and Ph.D in universities, research institutions and scientific institutions.
The scheme is designed to provide a total number of 300 Junior Research Fellowships per year from the year 2014-15 onwards and 300 Senior Research Fellowships during 2016-17 to Other Backward Class (OBC) stude
22. National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students
National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students
Government of India had launched a Central Sector scheme namely, National Fellowship during the financial year 2005-06 to increase opportunities to Scheduled Castes students for pursuing higher education leading to degrees such as M.Phil. and Ph.D. The scheme has been revised with effect from 1.4.2010.
23. Education Loan Scheme of the NBCFDC Education Loan Scheme of the NBCFDC
NBCFDC provides Educational Loans to the students of Backward Classes living below double the poverty line for pursuing general/ professional/technical courses or trainings at graduate and/or higher levels. Maximum loan limit in India is Rs.10 lakh and abroad is Rs.20 Lakh. The rate of interest is 4% p.a. and girl students will get at special concessional rate of interest @ 3.5% p.a.
NBCFDC loan : 90% for study in India and 85% for study abroad.
24. Pre-Matric Scholarship to OBC for studies in India Pre-Matric Scholarship to OBC for studies in India
This is a centrally sponsored scheme. The expenditure is shared between centre and state in 50:50 ratio. The aim of this Scheme is to motivate children of OBCs studying at pre-matric stage. The income ceiling for eligibility is Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum. The scheme has been revised w.e.f. 2017-18.
The rates under the scheme are as follows:
Class I to
25. CENTRAL SECTOR SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME OF TOP CLASS EDUCATION FOR SC STUDENTS CENTRAL SECTOR SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME OF TOP CLASS EDUCATION FOR SC STUDENTS
(Effective from September, 2018)
The Finance Minister in his budget speech on the Union Budget 2005-06 made the following announcements –
“The key to empowering the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes is to provide top class education opportunities to meritorious students. The three on-going scholarship schemes for
27 Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC#SSC12 Days Remaining for Apply Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) Examination 2020 from 12/04/2020 to 17/04/2020 for Recruitment of various Group-C Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy (Tier-I) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
29 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 15/2020 #UPSC14 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 17/12/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Statistical Officer etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (UPSC Advt. No. 15/2020).
30 Lecturer Technical Education Vacancy Recruitment by RPSC 2020#Rajasthan24 Days Remaining for Apply Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) invites Online application on prescribed format for the recruitment for the following Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy of Lecturer Technical Education for Rajasthan Technical Education Department of Rajasthan Government (Advt. No. 05/EP-I/2020-21).
Rajasthan PSC recruitment examination requires hard work, dedication, and extensive study. The d ...
31 Indian Air Force AFCAT 01/2021 for Officer vacancy Recruitment#Defense & Police27 Days Remaining for Apply Air Force Common Admission Online Test (AFCAT) - 01/2021 For Flying Branch and Ground Duties (Technical and Non-Technical)/ NCC Special Entry
Indian Air Force (IAF) invites online applications in the prescribed format for the courses commencing in January 2022 for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) (Men and Women) in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches for Recruitment of SSC/PSC Commissioned Officers.