(Based on Recommendations made during Consultation on Elimination of Child Labour amid Covid-19 Pandemic)
11th June, 2021
Key Speakers: Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Minister of State for Labour and Employment and Shri Kailash Satyarthi, Nobel Peace Laureate
Consultation reiterated commitment of Government of India, State Governments, Statutory Institutions and Law enforcement agencies toend child labour in all its forms, through accelerated, coordinated and comprehensive action; to ensure the prevention of child labour, protection and rehabilitation of survivors and prosecution of offenders; thereby enabling all children in India to be free, safe, and achieve their full potential.
I. Objective of the Plan of Action:The government,non-government and other stakeholders to:
1. Take accelerated action and coordinate efforts towards the eradication of child labourfrom the country
2. Monitor the national and state progress towards the eradication of child labourwith reference to SDG Goal 8.7, and undertake real-time course correction.
II. Strategy for Achievement of Plan of Action:The Governmentto follow a comprehensive and rights-based approach within communities and businesses in three key focus areas ,i.e.,prevention of child labour, protection and rehabilitation of survivors of child labour, and prosecution of offenders.
1. Prevention of Child Labour: Facilitation of community-focussed grassroots efforts, including survivor-led interventions, to prevent child labour and to create a robust safety net around every child by:
1.1. Elimination of economic vulnerability of communities through comprehensive measures including digital access to social security benefits, and village-focussed skill development and employment generation measures for families of rescued child labourers;
1.2. Promoting access to education for all children;
1.3. Promoting access to health services for all children;
1.4. Empowerment and awareness generation through intensive flagship campaign for a grassroots movement against child labour and trafficking.
2. Protection andRehabilitation of Survivors: The Government totake steps to free any child in exploitative conditions and to protect the best interest of the child through responsive and capable institutions by:
2.1. Allowinganonymous reporting of child labour through tech-based applications linked with authorities concerned;
2.2. Providing for mandatory reporting of cases of child labour;and time-bound rescue and rehabiliation of child labour;
2.3. Integration ofchild labour and child trafficking- related modules withintraining courses for agencies concerned;
2.4. Incentivisation of excellent performance and innovative solutions to tackle challenges of child labour atthe state, district and village level;
2.5. Enabling communities and businesses to ensure child labour-free supply chains through processes of certification, declarations, handholding and creation of ‘child labour-free’ labelling brand for products;
2.6. Promotingchildlabour- freeprocurement ingovernment.
3. Prosecution of Offenders: The Governmenttotake steps for the effective enforcement of child labour-related laws and deterrence against child labour by strengthening child labour related legal framework and its enforcement includingstrict punishment and fines, and mandatory registration and prosecution of cases of child labour in a time – bound manner.
Admission Consultant Beautician Training Institutes Books Stores CA & ICWA Training Institutes Coaching College Competitive Exams Education & Jobs Education Consultants Fashion Designing Training Institutes Film And Television Institute Hardware And Network Training Institutes Institution Journalism Training Institutes Medical Colleges Music Academies Online Classes Online Examination Centre Radio Jockey Training Institutes Recruitment Agencies and Job Consultancy Research Institutes Robotics Training Institutes School School For Mentally Challenged Software Training Institutes Spoken English Institutes Sports Academies Sports Clubs Stationary Stores Training Institutes Tuitions Typing Institutes Universities University UPSC & IAS Coaching Centres Yoga Instructor