State Society for Ultra Poor and Social Welfare-SSUPSW, (brand name- ‘SAKSHAM’)is a society led by Department of Social Welfare, government of Bihar, registered under Societies Registration Act 1860. The General Body (GB) headed by Development Commissioner of Govt. of Bihar; is the apex body of the society for the policy decisions. Principal Secretary, Department of Social Welfare is the Chairperson of its Executive Committee. The society stands to provide technical support to its parent department as well as to implement government and externally-aided development programs.
Vision of the Society :
‘To protect and promote the rights of women, children, older persons, persons with disabilities (PwDs), ultra poor and beggars by ensuring their care, protection, development, socio-economic and cultural empowerment through enabling policies and programs.’
Objectives of SAKSHAM are :
To create an enabling policy environment for the welfare of ultra poor and beggars, women, children, older persons, PWDs by supporting formulation, planning, management and implementation of enabling policies.
To evolve strategies and approaches for the welfare of ultra poor and beggars, women, children, older persons, PWDs, especially in situation of vulnerabilities, risk abuse, discrimination and social stigmatization, including mentally challenged persons.
To provide credit and other facilities for economic empowerment of ultra poor, PwDs and Older Persons etc.
To contribute to the lives of ultra poor, PWDs, older persons etc. through empowerment and fostering strong self-managed grassroots institutions and support investment by them.
To function as the Resource Centre for DoSW and its Directorates in policy analysis and policy development – including development/revision of operational guidelines, standards of care and policy documents.
To support DoSW and its Directorates to review and strengthen institutional arrangements and in formulating and implementing programs/schemes for ensuring a continuum of social welfare and health and nutrition services for Ultra poor and beggars, Women, Older persons and PwDs - including setting up, management and monitoring of resource/units residential/non-residential institutions for example Old Age Homes, Children Homes, Shelter Homes, Short Stay Homes etc.
SAKSHAM has following specialized units
Services for ultra poor
Services for older persons
Services for persons with disabilities
Nutrition monitoring unit
Communication and research
Admin, finance and procurement
Monitoring & Evaluation
Presently SAKSHAM is undertaking following projects
1. Bihar Integrated Social Protection Strengthening (BISPS):The World Bank supported intervention aims to strengthen institutional capacity of the Department of Social Welfare and the Rural Development Department to deliver social protection programs and services and expand the outreach of social care services for poor and vulnerable households, persons with disabilities, older persons and widows in the state of Bihar. In doing so, the project would ensure that the programs reach the intended target groups and improve the efficiency of public spending on social protection. It will include creation/renovation of the basic infrastructure for smooth services in all 101 sub-divisional level Buniyad Centres. Those living in remote areas would be covered through mobile outreach programs and therapy vans. Initially, the scheme will benefit approximately 8 million focus people in the state.
2. Nutrition Monitoring Unit (NMU): The unit stands for strengthening management services of the ICDS Programme under ‘Sector Wide Approach to Strengthen Health (SWASTH)’ project funded by DFID-UK. The unit is responsible for facilitating the establishment process of UddepanKendras, the nodal AWCs. Uddepan is a cluster approach for nodal Anganwadi Centres. The approach will consolidate the AWCs by grouping them according to GP and stimulate activities at AWC especially for the under children 2 years. Another important activity of NMU is facilitation of roll-out of Integrated Performance Management System (IPMS). The goal of the IPMS is to enable Bihar to achieve desired nutrition and health outcomes for children and mothers. The unit is also facilitating the state wide campaign called BalKuposhanMukta Bihar (BKMB). The campaign has an objective to bring down childhood malnutrition to below 30% by 2018 in Bihar. Major components of the campaign include- reconstitution of AWC level community management body as AnganwadiVikasSamiti (AVS) to enhance participation of beneficiaries and other stakeholders, introduction of egg in the menu of supplementary nutrition for all children, providing resources for purchase of new weighing scales, boiling of water and water filters for all AWCs, instituting a structured supervisory monitoring format and ensuring regular inspection visits, etc. These steps are directed towards reducing child malnutrition leading to reduction in child mortality rate.
3. Bihar State Social Security Schemes: Under the Control of Directorate of Social Security and Disability, Dept. of Social Welfare, Govt. of Bihar. Allocated fund under the Scheme is provided to SSUPSW against the Pre-receipt Bill from the Directorate of Social Security and Disability, Bihar. The received fund of the schemes is made available to the districts through Account Transfer (RTGS/NEFT) as per direction of the Directorate of Social Security and Disability. The districts mobilize the fund of the scheme on the basis of the directions given by the Directorate of Social Security and Disability
3.1 MukhyamantriBhikshavritiNivaranYojana (MBNY): Government of Bihar has introduced MBNY (publicly known as ‘Pehchan’) with a visionto protect and promote the rights of beggars by ensuring their care, protection, development, socio-economic and cultural empowerment through enabling policies and programs. Currently, the scheme is covering eight districts of the state. Its main activities are-operation of male/ female rehabilitation homes, facilitating beggars’ access to the benefits of government programs, organisation of identified beggars into self-help groups (SHGs), imparting functional literacy and vocational training to the beggars, rescue and rehabilitation of child beggars, legal and medical aid to the identified beggars. The interventions aim at beggary prevention and vulnerability reduction leading to a dignified life of the ultra-poor in the long run. MBNY unit of SAKSHAM is working in collaboration with its Knowledge Strategic Partner-‘Koshish’ which is a field action project of Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai.SSUPSW directly implements this scheme.
3.2 MukhyamantriViklangShashaktikaranYojna – “SAMBAL”( An Integrated Scheme for PwDs), to implement various articles of The PersonswithDisabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995,andto protect & promote the rights of Persons with Disability (PwDs), an Integrated Scheme – SAMBAL has been approved in 2012. SAMBAL has three (03) major components to empower PwDs - Educational Rehabilitation, Economic Rehabilitation and Social Rehabilitation. Major heads of SABMAL :
3.2.1 Disable Scholarship
3.2.2 Artificial Limbs / Appliances
3.2.3 Survey, Certification and Training
3.2.4 Education and self-employment loan
3.2.5 Day care school for Mentally Disabled (Govt. aided): Presently running in two districts by NGO
3.2.6 Up- gradation of Govt. Special Schools
3.2.7 Shelter for mentally challenge ‘SAKET’ (for male) and ‘ASHIYANA’ (for female)
3.3 Old Age Home – ‘SAHARA’: Initially Old Age Home is running in 5 districts by NGO.
3.4 Social Security pension Schemes: The state Govt. provides monthly financial assistance to the eligible candidate. The scale of benefit and eligibility for various schemes of Bihar Social Security Pension Scheme is under the control of Govt. of Bihar.
3.4.1 Bihar Nishaktta Pension (Bihar Disability Pension for Persons withdisability)
3.4.2 RajyaSamajikSurakshaPension (State Social Security Pension for Older Persons).
3.4.3 LaxmiBaiSamajikSuraksha Pension (LaxmiBai Social Security Pension for Widows)
3.4.4 Bihar ShatabdiKushtaKayanyojna: Monthly assistance is provided to the Leprosy cured patients ofgrade II deformity.
3.4.5 Bihar ShatabdiAidsPiditKalyanYojna :Monthly assistance, free medical treatment and rehabilitation is provided to the Aids affected patient.
3.5 Grant –in– aid Schemes:
3.5.1 KabirAnteyeshtiAnudanYojana (KAAY):Provides one time grant of Rs. 3000/- to BPL families to undertake last rites (funeral / burial rituals) in case of death of a familymember.
3.5.2 MukhyamantriParivarLabhYojna (Family Benefit Scheme):Provides one time grant to the bereaved household in case of accidental death of any “primary breadwinner” or death of a person caused by criminal acts of 18-64 years of age.
4. National Social Assistance Programme – NSAP (Govt. of India Scheme) :National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) as a fully funded Govt. of India Sponsored Scheme targeting the destitute, defined as any person who has little or no regular means of subsistence from his / her own source of income or through financial support from family members or other sources, to be identified by the States and UTs, with the objective of providing a basic level of financial support. The scale of benefit and eligibility for various schemes of NSAP is under the control of Govt. of India.
5. Grant – in – aid Scheme: RashtriyeParivarLabhYojna(National Family Benefit Scheme):Provides one time grant/assistanceto the bereaved household in the event of death (natural or otherwise) of the bread-winner of 18-60 years of age. The National family benefit will be paid to such surviving member of the household ofthe deceased poor, who after local inquiry, is found to be the head of thehousehold.
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Mahavir Vaatsalya Aspatal, L. C. T. Ghat, East of Sadaquat Ashram, Patna-800 001, Bihar Bihar and Jharkhand make a major chunk of the Hindi heartland of India. With a population of about 11 crores, the two states have a major burden of neonatal and mother patients. The existing few small neonatal and mother care treatment units are highly inadequate to cater increasing number of such patients. This area was lacking a comprehensive neonatal care centre for a long time where all the treatment facilities were not available under one roof.
3. PM to dedicate to the nation three key projects related to the Petroleum sector in Bihar on 13th September Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation three key projects related to the Petroleum sector in Bihar on 13th September, via video conferencing. The projects include the Durgapur-Banka section of the Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur Pipeline Augmentation Project and two LPG Bottling Plants. They have been commissioned by IndianOil and HPCL, PSUs under the aegis of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Chief Minister of Bihar will also be present on the occasion.
4. PM to inaugurate and lay foundation stone of seven projects related to urban infrastructure in Bihar on 15 September Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate and lay the foundation stone of seven projects related to urban infrastructure in Bihar on 15 September via video conferencing. Out of these, four projects are related to water supply, two to sewerage treatment and one to riverfront development. The total cost of these projects is Rs 541 crore. The implementation of these projects has been undertaken by BUIDCO under Urban Development and Housing Department of Bihar. Chief Minister of Bihar will also be pr
7. Ramchaura, Hajipur, Vaishali Bihar Ramchaura, Hajipur, Vaishali
Ramchura is situated in Hajipur town in Vaishali district of Bihar. In ancient times Hajipur was known as Ukkacala . The Buddha is known to have taught only one discourse in at this place, the Cula Goplalaka Sutta, which you can find in The Middle Length Discourses. However Hajipur is also of interest because a portion of Ananda's ashes were enshrined in the town.
10. Construction of Dams in Bihar Water Resources Projects are planned, funded, executed and maintained by the State Governments themselves as per their own resources and priorities. In order to supplement the efforts of the State Governments, Government of India provides technical and financial assistance to encourage sustainable development and efficient management of water resources through various schemes and programmes such as Accelerated Irrigation Benefits Programme (AIBP) etc. under Pradhan MantriKrishiSinchayeeYojana (PMKSY) as
11. Power Minister Shri R K Singh inaugurates developmental projects of NTPC in Bihar Shri R.K. Singh, the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy and Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India, today, inaugurated various developmental projects and facilities in Bihar. As a responsible corporate, NTPC, country’s largest power producer, is fulfilling its corporate social responsibility by creating an infrastructure for the benefit of the people of Bihar.
14. List of constituencies of the Bihar Legislative Assembly Bihar Legislative Assembly came into existence in 1937. The Assembly had a strength of 155 members. According to the provisions of the Constitution of India, the first General Elections in the state were held in 1952. The total strength of membership in the As
15. PM dedicates to the nation three key projects related to the Petroleum sector in Bihar The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation three key projects related to the Petroleum sector in Bihar today via video conferencing. The projects include the Durgapur-Banka section of the Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur Pipeline Augmentation Project and two LPG Bottling Plants. They have been commissioned by IndianOil and HPCL, PSUs under the aegis of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Speaking on the occasion, the Prime Minister said the special package announced for Bihar a
16. Katyayani Mandir, Khagaria, Bihar Katyayani Mandir, Khagaria, Bihar
Katyayani Asthan is situated at distance of approximately 12 kms. From the Districtheadquaters, on the bank of river Koshi, between the stations Badlaghat and Dhamaraghat , which are stations on Mansi-Saharsa rail line. Temples of Ma Katyayani , as well as of Ram, Lakshman and Ma Janaki is situated at this place. Every Monday and Friday , large number of devotees come to this place for offering puja. As per the local folk traditions, Ma Katya
17. Union Power Minister inaugurates projects worth Rs 6.99 Crore in Barhara (Bhojpur District), Bihar Shri. R K Singh, the Union Minister of State (IC) for Power & New and Renewable Energy inaugurated CSR projects undertaken by REC Ltd. (Formerly Rural Electrification Corporation) worth Rupees 6.99 Crore, in Barhara (Bhojpur District), Bihar, through video conferencing yesterday. There were a total of 77 schemes, which included 36 schemes for construction of P.C.C. roads, 23 schemes for installation of LED/ Solar and high mast lights, Construction of 3 Chat ghaat, Construction of 3 community hall &am
21. Ongoing Railway Projects in Bihar Railway projects are sanctioned Zonal Railway wise and not State-wise as Indian Railways’ network straddles across various State boundaries. However, as on 01.04.2020, 57 projects (35 new lines, 05 gauge conversions and 17 doublings), costing ₹74,880 crore, covering a length of 5267 Km, falling fully/partly in the State of Bihar are in different stages of planning/approval/execution, out of which 1306 Km length has been commissioned and an expenditure of ₹22,123 crore has been incurred upto Mar
22. Tourist Places in Jehanabad Bihar Tourist Places in Jehanabad Bihar - Barabar Caves
Barabar Caves are situated in the hilly area near Makhdumpur, 25 km south of Jehanabad. These ancient rock-cut Buddhist chambers date back to 3rd Century A.D. and are renowned as the place of origin of the Ajivika sect.
Baba Siddhnath Temple, also known as the Shiva Temple and originally known as Siddheshwar Nath Temple, is located at one of the highest peaks in the range of the Barabar Hills. The temple was built du
23. Punpun, Patna Bihar Punpun is a village in Patna District in the state of Bihar, India. It is 15 km south of Patna. The name Punpun comes from the river Punpun, a tributary of river Ganga, on whose bank the village has flourished.
It is having religious significance as well as it can be found from garur puraan which reads as :
" Kittessu gaya punya punayam rajgriyaham vanam!
visayascharanaha punyo nadi naayaz punaah pun !!
24. Agam Kuan Shitala Devi temple, Patna Bihar Agam Kuan, Patna Bihar
Agam Kuan is 105' deep, circular in plan, with a diameter extending over 20'2". The well is brick-encased in the upper half of its depth (down to 44') and thereafter, secured by a series of wooden rings. The surface structure, which now covers the well and forms its most distinctive feature, has eight arched windows.
During the 1890s, the British explorer, Laurence Waddell, while exploring the ruins of Patliputra, identified Aga
25. Shaheed Smarak Patna The Martyr's Memorial, also known as Shaheed Smarak, is a life-size statue of seven young men who sacrificed their lives in the Quit India movement (August 1942), to hoist the national flag on the (now) Secretariat building. The
26 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs19 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...
29 Officer Engineer Vacancy Recruitment by Meghalaya Advt. No. 2020-21/70#Jobs16 Days Remaining for Apply On behalf of various Government Departments of Meghalaya Government, Meghalaya Public Service Commission (PSC) invites online applications in the prescribed form from eligible candidates for direct recruitment of following Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Officers/Engineer etc. in various Departments/Organisation of Meghalaya Government. (Advt. No. MPSC/Advt-54/1/2020-21/70)
Meghalaya PSC Officer Engineer Vacancy recruitment 2020-21
30 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020-21 for Gujarat and Karnataka States#Jobs3 Days Remaining for Apply
Online applications in the prescribed format are invited for Gujarat and Karnataka Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the states in Gujarat and Karnataka states. (Advertisement Numbers - GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS CYCLE – III/2020-2021)
31 UPSC National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy Examination NA (I), 2021#UPSC2 Days Remaining for Apply The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the National Defence Academy (NDA)-I and Naval Academy (NA) Examination (I), 2021 on 18/04/2021 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wing of the NDA for 147th Course and Naval Academy (INAC) for 109th course.
Online applications on prescribed format are invited for NDA & NA Exam (I) 2021 by UPSC from suitable candidates for Officer Government Jobs (Advertisement No.NO.03/2021-NDA-I)
UPSC NDA & NA Exam (I) ...
32 Recruitment of Regular Job Vacancies in IRCON International 2021#Jobs12 Days Remaining for Apply IRCON International Limited, A Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways invites online applications on prescribed format for the recruitment for the following regular Government Job vacancy posts in the disciplines of Civil, Electrical, Finance and Legal disciplines at Ircon's various projects situated in various states across India. (Advertisement No. 07/2020).
Ircon International regular job vacancy 2021
IRCON Regular Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancie ...
34 Recruitment of Faculty & non-Teaching Vacancy in IIT Tirupati 2021#Jobs12 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh) invites online applications in the prescribed format from candidates with an established record of independent high-quality research and commitment to teaching for regular Faculty Sarkari Naukri Vacancy positions of Professor, Associate Professors, and Assistant Professor and regular non-teaching staff vacancies. (Advertisement No. IITT/FAC – RMT-01/2020 & IITTP/Staff RMT-01/2020)
Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment IIT Tirup ...
36 Various Jobs in Jammu & Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission#Jammu and Kashmir4 Days Remaining for Apply SIDS (human resource agency), invites online applications on fast track basis from domiciles of UT Jammu & Kashmir for their selection in Jammu & Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission on contract basis, for the following Positions:
The Jammu and Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission (JKRLM) is the implementing agency for Deen Dayal Antodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) and registered under J& ...