Jammu and Kashmir is now a Union Territory with Assembly and Ladakh would be a separate Union Territory with no legislature. Union Home Minister Amit Shah introduced J&K reorganisation bill in the Rajya Sabha for restructuring the state.
According to the new bill, Jammu and Kashmir will be reorganised as a Union Territory with an Assembly, and Ladakh would be a separate Union Territory with no legislature. The Union government will have the Law and order powers of policing in the new UTs.
The statement of objects and reasons of the Bill says that the demand for creation of Union Territory of Ladakh has been a long-pending demand of people of Ladakh.
"Further, keeping in view the prevailing internal security situation, fuelled by cross border terrorism in the existing State of Jammu and Kashmir, a separate Union Territory for Jammu and Kashmir is being created. The Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir will be with legislature," it read.
This comes as the Modi government scrapped Article 370 of the Constitution today that gives special status to Jammu and Kashmir and bars people from rest of India from buying land in the state.
Now Centre laws would apply in these two union territories. The Law and order power will be the Centre.
Shah moved the amendment amid uproar by opposition members.
Shortly after the Home Minister tabled these documents, President Ram Nath Kovind came out with a notification -- The Constitution (Application to Jammu and Kashmir) Order, 2019 that will come into force immediately.
The Union Territory of Ladakh was a long pending demand of the people of the region and the decision was aimed at fulfilling the aspiration of the local population, Amit Shah said.
The decisions mark a new milestone in the country's politics with the BJP-led government breaking new grounds on issues that have been virtually untouched in last more than 70 years.
The surprise announcement comes at a time when the situation in Jammu and Kashmir continues to be on the edge.
Earlier in the day, government held a series of meeting. A Cabinet meeting was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the 7 Lok Kalyan Marg, where the PM, Home Minister Amit Shah and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval met at the PM's residence.
This meeting was preceded by another meeting that started an hour earlier in which Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad was also present.
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Ministry of Tourism organises Domestic Tourism roadshow in Goa Ministry of Tourism, Government of India organised the domestic tourism road show in Goa today through its IndisTourism office in Goa . This event was organised in collaboration with Goa Tourism and Travel and Tourism Association of Goa (TTAG).
This B2B event and second in series of domestic tourism Road Shows in the Western and Central Region that the Ministry of Tourism has planned to conduct since the Covid–19 outbreak was inaugurated byMs. Rupinder Brar , Additional Director General,
3. Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) proves to be a Boon for fishermen across the country The fisheries sector has been recognized as a powerful income and employment generator as it stimulates growth of a number of subsidiary industries and is a source of cheap and nutritious food, at the same time it is an instrument of livelihood for a large section of economically backward population of the country. Fishery sector occupies an important place in the socio-economic development of the country. "Fisheries is a fast-growing sector in India, which provides nutrition and food security to a
4. Gadkari to inaugurate and lay foundation stone for 18 highway projects in Rajasthan tomorrow Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs Shri Nitin Gadkari will inaugurate and lay foundation stone for 18 highway projects in Rajasthan tomorrow. Shri Ashok Gehlot, Chief Minister, Rajasthan will preside over the virtual function, to be attended by Union Ministers Gen (Retd) V K Singh and several Ministers from the State.
These projects for inauguration and foundation laying carry a road length of nearly 1127 kilometers, involving construction value of Rs. 8,341
6. Gadkari Announces Enforcement of Mandatory FASTag from 1st January, 2021 Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs Shri Nitin Gadkari today announced that FASTag is being made mandatory for all vehicles in the country from new year. Addressing a virtual function today, he said, FASTag will be enforced from 1st of January, 2021. Enumerating its benefits, he said, it is useful for the commuters as they will not need to stop at toll plazas for cash payments. It also saves time and fuel.
The FASTags were launched in the year 2016, and four banks togeth
8. PM to flag off 100th Kisan Rail on 28 December Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will flag off the 100th Kisan Rail from Sangola in Maharashtra to Shalimar in West Bengal on 28th December 2020 at 4:30 PM via video conferencing. Union Ministers Shri Narendra Singh Tomar and Shri Piyush Goyal will also be present on the occasion.
The multi-commodity train service will carry vegetables such as cauliflower, capsicum, cabbage, drumsticks, chillies, onion, as well as fruits like grapes, oranges, pomegranate, banana, custard apple etc. Loading and
9. PM participates in Dev Deepawali Mahotsav in Varanasi The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi participated in Dev Deepawali Mahotsav in Varanasi today.
Addressing the event, the Prime Minister said it was another special occasion for Kashi as, He said, the idol of Mata Annapurna that was stolen from Kashi more than 100 years ago, is now coming back again. It is a matter of great fortune for Kashi. He said these ancient idols of our gods and goddesses are a symbol of our faith as well as our priceless heritage.
The Prime Minister said if s
10. NEP 2020 upholds Reservation Policy as Enshrined in Indian Constitution- Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has today clarified that the NEP 2020 upholds the Reservation Policy enshrined in the Constitution of India. Following is the text of the Minister’s letter giving the details:
“This is apropos media reports attributed to PTI that have appeared on and around 24th November 2020 questioning whether the NEP 2020 upholds the Reservation Policy as in enshrined in the Constitution of India. As per the articles published,
11. PM to inaugurate construction work of Agra Metro project on 7th December Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the construction of the Agra Metro Project on 7th December 2020 at 12.00 noon via video conferencing. Union Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Shri Yogi Adityanath, and other dignitaries will also attend the event that will be held at 15 Battalion PAC parade ground in Agra.
About Agra Metro Project
The Agra Metro project comprises 2 corridors with a total le
12. Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Ministry of AYUSH decides to set up an AYUSH Export Promotion Council The Ministry of Commerce and Industry and the Ministry of AYUSH have decided to work together to set up an Export Promotion Council to boost AYUSH exports. This decision was taken recently in a joint review of AYUSH trade and Industry by Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Commerce and Industry and Shri Shripad Naik, Minister of AYUSH. It was also decided in the review that the entire AYUSH sector will work together to achieve price and quality competitiveness to boost AYUSH exports. The review was held throu
19. Jal Shakti Ministry Invites Entries for National Water Awards-2020 To encourage and recognize individuals and organizations doing exemplary work in the field of water resources management, the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti has invited the entries forNational Water Awards for the year 2020in the following 11 categories:
1) Best State,
2) Best District (2 Awards each in five zones; total 10 Awards),
3) Best Village Panchayat (3 Awards each in five zones; total 15 Awards),
20. Last date for submission of application forms for Haj 2021 extended up to 10th January 2021 Union Minister for Minority Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has said that the last date for submission of application forms for Haj 2021 has been extended up to 10th January 2021. Embarkation Points-wise estimated cost per Haj pilgrim has also been reduced. Shri Naqvi was addressing a press conference after chairing a meeting of Haj Committee of India at Haj House, Mumbai, today.
21. Gadkari inaugurates Koilwar Bridge over Sone river in Bihar worth Rs 266 crore Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the three lane 1.5 km long Koilwar bridge over Sone river in Bihar through Video Conferencing today. A sum of Rs 266 crore has been spent on the bridge. The existing two lane bridge for both rail and road traffic is 138 years old. A six-lane bridge is being made in its place, of which, a three-lane carriageway has been opened for public. After completion of the other carriageway, the traffic on NH-922 and NH-30 will ease substa
22. PM addresses International Bharathi Festival 2020 Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed International Bharathi Festival 2020 through video conferencing and paid tributes to the Bharathiyar on his Jayanti. The festival is being organised by Vanavil Cultural Centre to celebrate the 138th birth anniversary of Mahakavi Subramanya Bharathi. The Prime Minister Congratulated the Scholar Shri Seeni Viswanathan, for receiving the Bharathi Award for this year who was presented the award during the event.
The Prime Minister said d
23. Preparation in Full Swing for Railway Recruitment Exams commencing from December, 15th, 2020 Indian Railways through its 21 Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) is organizing mega recruitment drive in three phases starting from 15th December, 2020 for filling up about 1.4 lakh vacancies in which more than 2.44 Crore candidates will be appearing in different cities across the country. Preparations for conduct of exams are in full swing.
First phase of the Exam will commence from 15th Dec, 2020 till 18th Dec.2020 for CEN 03/2019 ( Isolated and Ministerial categories). This will be followed
25. Skill India Establishes First Centre of Excellence for Skill Development in Power Sector In a significant development and in line with the commitment to skill development and vocational training, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India, the Ministry of National Education and Youth, Government of the French Republic and Schneider Electric, today announced the inauguration of first Center of Excellence(CoE) for skill development in power sector in the campus of National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) located at Gwal Pahari, Gurugram (Haryana)to creat
26 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs20 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...
31 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020-21 for Gujarat and Karnataka States#Jobs4 Days Remaining for Apply
Online applications in the prescribed format are invited for Gujarat and Karnataka Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the states in Gujarat and Karnataka states. (Advertisement Numbers - GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS CYCLE – III/2020-2021)
32 Recruitment of Probationary Officers in ECGC Ltd. 2021#Jobs15 Days Remaining for Apply ECGC Limited invites online applications in the prescribed format for the recruitment for Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Probationary Officers (PO) from Indian citizens in various specialist/ generalist disciplines.
ECGC limited Probationary officer Recruitment 2021
ECGC Probationary Officer Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Probationary Officers: 59 vacancies (UR-25, EWS-05, OBC-16, SC-09, ST-04) (PWD-04), Pay Scale: ₹32795-62315 (Under revision since 2017), A ...
33 Technical & Support Staff Vacancy Recruitment in CDRI Lucknow#Uttar Pradesh20 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications in the prescribed format are invited from technically qualified persons for the Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Technical & Support Staff as Technical Officer, Technical Assistant, and Technician at various levels in CSIR - Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow in the areas of Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Pre-clinical Sciences and Scientific & Technical support divisions of CSIR-CDRI. (Advt. No. 11/2020) SarkariNaukriBlog dot com.
CDRI Technical and Support Sta ...
34 UPSC National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy Examination NA (I), 2021#UPSC3 Days Remaining for Apply The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the National Defence Academy (NDA)-I and Naval Academy (NA) Examination (I), 2021 on 18/04/2021 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wing of the NDA for 147th Course and Naval Academy (INAC) for 109th course.
Online applications on prescribed format are invited for NDA & NA Exam (I) 2021 by UPSC from suitable candidates for Officer Government Jobs (Advertisement No.NO.03/2021-NDA-I)
UPSC NDA & NA Exam (I) ...