North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC) is an autonomous body set up under the joint initiative of Department of Space (DOS) and the North Eastern Council (NEC). The main function of the Centre is to provide developmental support to the North Eastern Region (NER) of our country using space science and technology.
NESAC proposes to recruit the following position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) purely on temporary basis for the following project
|Post Code No.||No. of posts||Project Name||Essential Qualifications||Desirable Working Experience|
|JRF01||01||Study on existence of Tropical Tasar Silkworm Ecoraces and their subsist place with all the Geo-tagged Data.||M.Sc. (Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Sericulture/ Botany/ Geography/ Environmental Science) with NET/GATE or equivalent.*
M.Sc. (Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Sericulture/ Botany/ Geography/ Environmental Science) with N-JET in Agriculture specialization.**
|• Diploma/Certificate in Remote Sensing & GIS/ Geoinformatics/ Geomatics/ Spatial Information Science.
• Minimum one year experience of Remote Sensing and GIS Applications for any thematic applications, Geotagging exercise etc.
|JRF02||01||Assessment of socio-ecological vulnerability to climate change among agroforestry managers along an altitudinal gradient in the eastern Himalayas.||MSc. Forestry/ Ecology & Environment/ Environmental Science/ Botany/ Agriculture/ Geography/ Geoinformatics or equivalent with NET/GATE or equivalent.*
MSc. Forestry/ Ecology & Environment/ Environmental Science/ Botany/ Agriculture/ Geography/ Geoinformatics or equivalent with N-JET in Forestry specialization.**
OR MTech RS & GIS/Geoinformatics or equivalent with Graduation in Science.
|• Experience in handling GIS software, or certificate / Diploma in Geoinformatics.
• Experience in field data collection and survey techniques.
|JRF03||01||Forecasting of Severe storm and lightning over NER of India using combined mesoscale and storm scale ensemble data assimilation: WRFETKF, WRF-EAKF||M.Sc in Physics/Mathematics/ Atmospheric Science/Space Science/ Atmospheric Physics/Physical Science or equivalent with NET/GATE or equivalent.*
M.Sc in Physics/Mathematics/ Atmospheric Science/Space Science/ Atmospheric Physics/Physical Science or equivalent with N-JET in Atmospheric Science specialization.**
OR M.Tech in Physics/Atmospheric Science/Space Science/Atmospheric Physics/Physical Science or equivalent
|Knowledge on Numerical Weather Modeling, Programming language like MATLAB, FORTRAN, PYTHON, etc.|
|JRF04||01||Assimilation of satellite based soil moisture in a land data assimilation system for investigating the spatio-temporal behavior of landatmosphere interactions over India.||M.Sc in Physics/Atmospheric Science/ Space Science/Atmospheric Physics/ Physical Science or equivalent with NET/GATE or equivalent.*
M.Sc in Physics/Atmospheric Science/ Space Science/Atmospheric Physics/ Physical Science or equivalent with NJET in Atmospheric Science specialization.**
OR M.Tech in Physics/Atmospheric Science/ Space Science/Atmospheric Physics/Physical Science or equivalent.
|Knowledge of FORTRAN and PYTHON.|
|JRF05||01||Carbon dynamics assessment in tropical forests of North East India using Multi-sensor data.||M.Sc in Forestry/Environmental Science/Environmental Management/ Ecology & Environment/Biodiversity & Conservation/Botany/Remote Sensing & GIS or equivalent with Graduation in Science, with NET/GATE or equivalent.*
M.Sc in Forestry/Environmental Science/Environmental Management/ Ecology & Environment/Biodiversity & Conservation/Botany/Remote Sensing & GIS or equivalent with Graduation in Science, with N-JET in RS & GIS specialization.**
OR M.Tech in RS & GIS/Geoinformatics or equivalent with graduation in Science.
|Experience with handling RS & GIS software/field knowledge of ecological data collection, etc.|
* NET/NET Equivalent qualifications:
i. CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test including NET-Lecturership
ii. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) conducted by MHRD
iii. Joint Admission Test (JAM) conducted by MHRD
iv. Biotechnology Eligibility Test & Test conducted in Bio-informatics by Bio-informatics National Consortium.
v. Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST), Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology & Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS) conducted by Department of Atomic Energy.
vi. All India Competitive Examination (AICE) conducted by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
The N-JET 2018 was conducted at NESAC on 13.03.2018. Candidates having valid Score Cards may apply directly.
i) NET/NET Equivalent qualifications should be in the discipline/specialization of the essential qualification.
ii) Number of positions indicated above is provisional and may vary depending on the actual requirement.
iii) M.Tech/M.E. or its equivalent degree should be in first class with an aggregate minimum of 60% or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.5 on a 10 scale or equivalent.
iv) M.Sc. degree should be in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters) or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.84 on a 10 scale or equivalent.
v) Rounding-off marks is not allowed.
(vi) Selection will be purely based on performance in the interview.
(vii) Candidates having M.E./M.Tech degree in the relevant discipline must clearly mention with supporting proof, the specialization/ dissertation/ thesis in the relevant field for consideration of their application.
(viii) Teaching experience in the related fields will be considered provided necessary supporting document by the concerned authority of the institute on the list of subjects taught by the applicant.
(ix) Experience letter should contain the details of work done by the applicant under different projects.
(x) In case of foreign degree holders where the documents/degree/certificates are not in English then translation and authorized transcription must be attached and equivalency certificate from Association of Indian University (AIU) must also be scanned and attached. Failure to produce equivalency certificate at the time of interview shall lead to disqualification.
(xi) The qualification prescribed and the benchmark are only the MINIMUM requirement and fulfilling the same does not automatically make a candidate eligible Interview
(xii) The Centre reserves the right not to fill up any of the posts, if it so decides.
Emoluments & Other benefits
Fellowship amount: 31,000/- per month.
In addition to the above mentioned fellowship amount, HRA at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid and Medical benefits for self only will be allowed as per extant rules. The fellowship amount shall be taken as Basic pay for this purpose.
JRFs are eligible only for casual leave. Maternity leave as per Govt. of India instructions would be available to all female JRFs. Apart from this, the candidates selected will not be entitled to any benefits or concessions admissible to regular employees.
Maximum Age 28 years as on 19.06.2020 but relaxable by 5 years in case of SC/ST and 3 years in case of OBC candidates. Persons with Disabilities are eligible for age relaxation as per Government of India orders. Age relaxation as per Government of India orders are applicable to Ex-Servicemen, Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
Tenure of the Positions
All the above posts are purely on contractual basis and co- terminus with the project without any provision for regularization. Junior Research Fellows will be engaged initially for ONE YEAR or the period of the Project whichever is earlier and is extendable for further periods based on assessment of their work and requirement of project. The maximum period of engagement of Junior Research Fellow shall not exceed FIVE years. The fellowship will not confer any claim or right for regular appointment in any of ISRO/DOS Centres.
The Director, NESAC reserves the right to cancel/postpone the interview without any reason thereof. He also reserves the right to terminate the contract, even before completion of the project for which no appeal thereof shall be made.
The qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and possession of the same does not automatically make the candidates eligible to be called for interview. A duly constituted Screening Committee shall screen the applications received for the posts based on the following:
• The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution. If any University/Institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
• In case candidate is claiming equivalent specialization, he/she has to obtain certificate from his/her institute/university stating that the specialization is equivalent to the one asked in the advertisement for the post applied for. Final decision on this will be taken by the Screening Committee. The screened-in/shortlisted candidates will be called for interview before the Selection Committee. Communication shall be sent only to the screened-in/shortlisted candidates. NESAC will not entertain any correspondence on the issue of short-listing of candidates. The call letters for the interview to the short- listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail. No communication shall be made to the candidates who are not short-listed/Screened in. Candidates who do not fulfill eligibility condition will not be considered for the interview.
How to apply:
The application form will be hosted in the NESAC web-site www.nesac.gov.in from 27.05.2020. Last date for submission of On-line Application Forms is 19.06.2020 and closing time will be 16.00 Hrs. Candidates need to apply through online mode only.
After registration take a print out of the application summary and the print-out is to be brought along with passport size photograph and documents supporting the data furnished in application at the time of Interview. Please note that site will not be open for printing after 16.00 Hrs. of 19.06.2020. Registration Number should be recorded by the Candidate for all future correspondences with NESAC with regard to this advertisement.
1. Read the Detailed / Full Advertisement and all its Corrigendums / Addendums
3. Save and Print a copy of the submitted Online Application for future reference. The print copy need to be brought at the time of interview.
• Only passed candidates are eligible to apply. Students awaiting for final result need not to apply.
• Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidates.
• Applications will be through online mode only and all further communications will be made to the applicants through e-mail/NESAC website only. Therefore, the applicants are advised to check their e-mail and visit the NESAC website from time to time. NESAC will not take responsibility for non-receipt of intimation regarding call letter/any communication due to technical reasons or whatsoever to the candidates
• The selected candidates shall be posted at NESAC, Umiam but are also liable to be posted in any place in India at the discretion of Director, NESAC as and when required.
• Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in the application along with a set of self-attested photocopies. Candidates who are already employed under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies will also have to produce the 'No Objection Certificate', in original including print out of the application summary, at the time of interview. In case the candidate fails to produce any of the above documents or if any information furnished in the application is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed.
• The selected JRFs are encouraged to register for Ph.D from recognized universities and take up relevant research topic benefitting the individual and NESAC. However they have to work extra time to complete the Ph.D research. No leave is admissible for Ph.D work.
• No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any issues pertaining to online application, candidates may send mail to email@example.com with clearly mentioning the name of the post in the subject of the e-mail otherwise the query may not be responded and NESAC will not be responsible for not responding.
• 19.06.2020 will be cut-off date for all purposes like age, qualification, etc.
• The prescribed experience should be after acquiring the essential qualification
• Only Indian Nationals need to apply.
• No TA/DA shall be paid for attending the interview.
• Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and complies with the requirements and adheres to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.
|OPENING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION THROUGH NESAC WEBSITE IS ON 27.05.2020|
|CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION THROUGH NESAC WEBSITE IS 16.00 HRS ON 19.06.2020|
|THE LAST DATE FOR PRINTING OF COMPLETELY SUBMITTED ONLINE APPLICATION IS 29.06.2020|
|DATE FOR DETERMINING THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL CANDIDATES IN EVERY RESPECT SHALL BE THE PRESCRIBED CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISISON OF ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION. THE APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO FILL IN ALL THEIR PARTICULARS IN THE ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION CAREFULLY.|
|DATE FOR THE INTERVIEW ON WHICH THE SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THE PRINTOUT OF HIS/HER ONLINE APPLICATION ALONGWITH OTHER DOCUMENTS AT NESAC SHALL BE INTIMATED SEPARATELY.|
|CANDIDATE SHOULD UPLOAD THE MERGED DEGREE AND MARKSHEETS IN ONE PDF FILE FOR ONE PARTICULAR QUALIFICATION e.g. FOR B.TECH, DEGREE & MARKSHEETS OF ALL THE SEMESTERS SHOULD BE MERGED AND UPLOADED AND SIMILARLY FOR OTHERS ALSO.|