India High Range Mountain Landscape Project" revised as Sustainable Livelihoods and Biodiversity Conservation through multi-use management of Anchunad and adjoining landscapes is being implemented by the Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change and State Government of Kerala. UNDP seeks to engage services of individuals for the following pos: under the
Ministry of Environment, ForesProjectt and Climate Change, New Delhi.
For further details, please visit http://www.in-undp.org/content/indiayen/home/Jobs/
Applicants must apply by 15th December, 2018.
High Range Mountain Landscape (HRML) in the Western Ghats mountains of peninsular India is a globally significant biodiversity region. Its key attributes are: a) high levels of endemism and biological diversity; b) Important Bird Area; c) presence of globally threatened species of fauna and flora; d) part of one of the five viable breeding centre of tiger in India; e) harbour the largest global population of Nilgiri tahr and a significant population of Grizzled Giant Squirrel (both threatened species); f) catchment of three major river systems of peninsular India; g) strong eco-cultural affinities; and h) support important economic sectors like cardamom, tea and tourism. At present, HRML is a complex mosaic of land uses where conservation, economic production and livelihood requirements assume equal primacy and profoundly influence each other. These contribute to competitive use of natural resources and affecting vital ecological processes. The rapidly altering developmental context, demographic contours, resource use configurations place a challenge for HRML’s long term ecological sustainability and livelihood security. The existing planning and policy framework, as well as the institutional arrangements in HRML are inadequate to address biodiversity conservation from a landscape perspective. The project aims to put in place a collaborative governance framework for multiple-use management of HRML. The project will attempt a paradigm shift from current sector-based planning to an approach for integrated multiple-use management of mountain landscapes to deliver global environmental benefits. The project aims to achieve this through the following Outcomes: a) Effective governance framework for multiple-use mountain landscape management in place; b) Multiple-use mountain landscape management is applied securing the ecological integrity of HRML; and c) Strengthened capacities for community based sustainable use and management of wild resources.
The project region covers 2190 sq. km spread across three districts of Kerala viz. Idukki, Ernakulam and Thrissur in Kerala.
UNDP aims to engage a Project Officer to support the National Project Director, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, and the Head, NRM and Biodiversity, UNDP, in implementation of the project. S/he shall assist the NPD and UNDP in coordinating with MoEFCC, State Government, technical agencies and other relevant stakeholders for effective implementation and monitoring of the project. S/he might need to travel for project related activities to monitor and track the progress of the project implementation.
As this is a full-time position, PO cannot hold any other assignment, during this assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The PO will be responsible for the following technical, administrative and managerial tasks:
• Provide technical, managerial and administrative support to the NPD, and UNDP in coordinating and conducting project related activities (trainings, workshops, stakeholder consultations, NPSC meetings etc.);
• Assist the NPD and UNDP in coordinating with the State Government, Consultants and other relevant agencies and stakeholders on the implementation of the project and will assist NPD in all administrative, budgeting, planning and general monitoring of the implementation phase;
• Work closely with the State Project Manager for preparing component wise progress report, budget expenditures, payment documents, compiling financial reports and other documents as required by NPD and UNDP;
• Keep regular contact with project experts and consultants through the State Project Manager to inform them the project details and changes, edit reports and other documents for correctness of form and content;
• Work closely with the State Project Management Unit to get expenditure reports, utilization certificates, monitoring reports, workplans, quarterly and annual reports on timely basis
• Support NPD in facilitating flow of funds from MoEFCC to the state under the project
• Perform any other administrative/technical/financial duties as requested by the IGF (WL)/NPD and Head, NRM and Biodiversity, UNDP.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
• Keep abreast of new developments in the area of professional discipline and job knowledge.
• Possess basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
• Demonstrate extremely strong influencing and facilitation skills
• Establish priorities for self and team; schedules activities to ensure optimum use of time and resources; monitor performance against development and other objectives and correct deviations from the course.
Build Strategic Partnerships
• Establish, build and sustain effective relationship, partnerships and alliances with government and other agencies.
• Result-orientation and ability to develop strategic approaches
• Identify problems and propose solutions
• Demonstrate good knowledge of information technology and its application in work assignments.
Promote Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
• Generate new ideas and approaches, research best practices and propose new, more effective ways of doing things.
• Document and analyze innovative strategies and new approaches.
• Demonstrate an understanding of client/partner/donor perspective and strives for high quality client oriented services.
• Establish smooth relationship and enabling environment between clients and service providers.
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelors’ Degree in Environmental Science/ Natural Resource Management/ or related field with excellent academic record is essential.
Masters’ Degree in Environmental Science/ Natural Resource Management/ or related field is desirable.
• Minimum 5 years of experience at state or national level in community based conservation or natural resource management programme
• Experience of working in mountainscapes and seascapes
• Close familiarity with the roles, activities, and priorities of the Government of India, and particularly the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and other national partners, with regard to natural resource management, biodiversity conservation, agriculture, sustainable land management and/or wildlife crime management
• Close familiarity with the operations and rules of UNDP is desirable
• Fluency in Hindi and English, in reading, writing, and speaking.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Good understanding of environmental issues such as landscape approach, wildlife conservation, , natural resource management and sustainable livelihoods
• Superior skills in organization and management, including past experience with planning, tracking, evaluation, and supervision of consultants and/or employees
• Strong skills in financial tracking and budget management
• Deep understanding and experience of working on landscape based approach projects in the country
• Good communication (written and oral), interpersonal and presentation skills, with an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Proficiency in MS-Office, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word; Advanced knowledge of spread sheet, database management and research skills will be an asset.
• Ability to work independently and deliver time sensitive tasks assigned.
• Willingness to travel extensively within the country.
Fluency in English and Malayalam
Excellent drafting and verbal communication skills.
Remuneration package is Rs. 1,29,951/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
|Rebel Officer (2019) Tamil Hindi Dubbed Full Movie | Vijay, Asin, Prakash Raj||Top 3 Websites You Should Know #2 | Techno savvy Websites | Complete your project quickly...||The Life and Struggles Of An IPS Officer | IPS Roopa D Moudgil | Josh Talks|
|Benefits of Taxation courses in India - Careers, Job Roles, Skills, Income Tax Officer||5 Ways To Join Indian Navy As An Officer In 2019 - рднрд╛рд░рддреАрдп рдиреМрд╕реЗрдирд╛ рдХреИрд╕реЗ рдЬреНрд╡рд╛рдЗрди рдХрд░реЗрдВ? (Hindi)||IES Officer - 2018 Salary, Allowances and Facilities | UPSC Engineering Services|
|RPSC Recruitment 2019 | Rajasthan PSC Senior Scientific Officer (SSO) Online Form Vacancy, Last Date||TOP 51 Most Important MCQ on NETWORKING PART 3 /4 Every Govt Exam/BANK PO/KVS PGT CS/IBPS IT OFFICER||RECRUITMENT OF 312 ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERS IN NEW INDIA ASSURANCE COMPANY LTD|
|RPSC NEW NOTIFICATION 2019 senior scientific officer new vacancy||5 Ways To Join Indian Air Force As An Officer In 2018 - рднрд╛рд░рддреАрдп рд╡рд╛рдпреБ рд╕реЗрдирд╛ рдХреИрд╕реЗ рдЬреНрд╡рд╛рдЗрди рдХрд░реЗрдВ? (Hindi)||Job Alert : 302 Administrative Officer Vacancy | The New India Assurance Company LTD | A2Z Job 2019|
|рдХреИрд╕реЗ рдмрдиреЗ BDO рдСрдлрд┐рд╕рд░ Block Development Officer Career Opportunities|